- At the southernmost extremity of Black Marsh, the region informally known as Murkmire gradually slopes away from the interior uplands of the north until it fades into the ocean. Legend holds that the land once extended much further south before it sank beneath the waves.
|Southern Black Marsh|
Murkmire is a region situated in southernmost Black Marsh, south of Shadowfen. The region is largely made up of marshland surrounding the Keel-Sakka River, and is home to the little-known Naga. The city of Lilmoth by the Oliis Bay can be found here, and the region is inhabited by various creatures, such as haj motas, kotu gava, and hackwings. There is also see some exotic and previously unknown flora in the region such as catapult cabbages, scuttle blooms, static pitchers, and voriplasm.
Murkmire was released on October 22, 2018 on PC/Mac and is due for November 6, 2018 on PS4/Xbox One, and can be acquired for free from Daily Rewards. A prologue to Murkmire became available to players on October 8th. In the prologue, you meet a society of relic hunters called Cyrodilic Collections. They will need your help in hunting down a dangerous Argonian relic before their competitors find it. The prologue contains two story quests and six repeatable quests.
- Bright-Throat Village — A settlement found in the eastern shore of Murkmire.
- Dead-Water Village — A settlement found in western Murkmire.
- Blackrose Prison — A group-based arena in Murkmire.
- Teeth of Sithis — An ancient temple of Sithis in Murkmire.
- Tsofeer Cavern — A delve in Murkmire.
- Bok-Xul — A group boss site found in Murkmire.
- Echoing Hollow — A group boss site found in Murkmire.
Points of Interest
- Alten Meerhleel — A small trading port located in Murkmire.
- Deep Swamp Forge — A crafting site in Murkmire, near Dead-Water Village, for crafting the Naga Shaman set.
- The Dominus Fatum — A ruined Imperial ship located in Murkmire.
- Path of the Lily — A striking locale located in Murkmire.
- Root-Whisper Village — An abandoned village located in Murkmire.
- Ruined Guardhouse — An old watchtower located in Murkmire.
- Ruined Village — A crafting station in a destroyed settlement located in Murkmire due west of Lilmoth.
- Sweet Breeze Overlook — A crafting station located in Murkmire, north of Bright-Throat Village, for crafting the Grave-Stake Collector set.
- Xinchei-Konu Monument — An ancient Argonian calendar located in Murkmire.
- Lakemire Xanmeer Manor — A large player house in Murkmire.
- Blackrose Prison Wayshrine
- Bright-Throat Wayshrine — Located south of Bright-Throat Village.
- Dead-Water Wayshrine — Located on the eastern side of Dead-Water Village.
- Lilmoth Wayshrine — Located in the middle of Lilmoth.
- Root-Whisper Wayshrine — Located in the southwestern corner of Root-Whisper Village.
Other / Unmarked
- Blight Bog Sump — A set of caverns located in Murkmire.
- Deepmire — An unmarked area in northern Murkmire.
- Ixtaxh Xanmeer — A sunken xanmeer located in Murkmire.
- Swallowed Grove — A secluded cave found in Murkmire.
- The Remnant of Argon — A magical refuge hidden inside a powerful Argonian relic.
- Tomb of Many Spears — A cave found in far western corner of Murkmire.
- Vakka-Bok Xanmeer — A xanmeer located within Root-Whisper Village.
- Xul-Thuxis — An abandoned Argonian settlement found in Murkmire.
- Wither-Vault — A small vault located in Murkmire.
- Sunken Treasure: Join the Cyrodilic Collections' expedition to an ancient xanmeer in Murkmire.
- Missing in Murkmire: Help Famia Mercius find missing expedition members.
- Whispers in the Wood: Work with the local tribes to find out more about a mysterious Argonian relic.
- Death and Dreaming: Join a dream-wallow ritual and learn the truth about the Remnant of Argon.
- The Swamp and the Serpent: Pursue a traitor through Deepmire.
- The Remnant of Argon: Pass through an Ayleid realm of portals to locate the lost Remnant.
- By River and Root: Guide the trapped spirits of the Root-Whisper tribe back to the cycle of rebirth.
- A Life in Carvings: Honor a dead Moss-Skin tribesman by recovering his grave-stake.
- Art of the Nisswo: Help a priest of Sithis create a work of art.
- The Assassin's Arbitration: Assist in investigating a land claims dispute for a former Shadowscale.
- The Black Gauntlet: Enter a deadly gauntlet held by the Blackguards of Blackrose Prison.
- The Burnt Branch: Recover an old Argonian's priceless keepsake.
- Death Among the Dead-Water: Rescue the Naga-Kur from self-destruction.
- Death-Hunts: Get started on the challenging Death-Hunts in Murkmire.
- Empty Nest: Investigate strange occurrences at the Bright-Throat egg nursery.
- Frog Totem Turnaround: Find the owner of a romantic gift from a previous mating season.
- Lost in Murkmire: Aid a pair of wayward Dunmer tourists from Vivec City.
- The Lost Legion: Discover the grisly fate of the Imperial Ninth Legion.
- Monument of Change: Help restore an ancient Argonian calendar.
- Ritual of Change: Investigate why the restored Argonian calendar is not working.
- She Who Eats the Light: An ancient temple of Sithis is stirring...
- Something About Stibbons: Help Lady Laurent observe the annual rite of renewal.
- Swamp Jelly Sonata: Collect a variety of swamp jellies for an aspiring Argonian musician.
- The Skin Taker: Please add a description for this quest
- The Sounds of Home: Help a local crafter export his musical instruments outside Murkmire.
- Unsuitable Suitors: Investigate the hold up of the bonding ritual at Bright-Throat Village.
- Group Boss Dailies
- Delve Dailies
- Root-Whisper Dailies
- Reaching some areas in this zone requires the use of the Fire Rock memento, which can be obtained by completing the quest Death Among the Dead-Water.
- Murkmire was originally announced as a 4-player Adventure Zone similar to Craglorn, prior to Tamriel Unlimited, but was reworked into a DLC story zone.
- This zone was originally intended to be located in western Black Marsh, just south of Shadowfen, and include the city of Gideon—as made clear by both official and datamined pre-release information. This version of the zone had three geographic regions consisting of swampland in the north, uplands in the center, and bogs in the south. It was at some point decided that the zone should be moved to southernmost Black Marsh instead, with a different geographic composition.
- Rounds three and seven of the Maelstrom Arena are themed after Murkmire, while the Blackwood Borderlands use many of the same assets. The Grand Topal Hideaway house also uses the "Murkmire" architecture style.
- A number of books relating to Murkmire, such as The Blackwater War, An Orc Weaponsmith In Murkmire, and Tribes of Murkmire, were datamined prior to the DLC's redesign. An Orc Weaponsmith In Murkmire and Tribes of Murkmire in particular were altered to replace mentions of Gideon with Lilmoth, and the former was even renamed to From Wrothgar to Lilmoth: A Smith's Tale.