Online:Frog Totem Turnaround
|I found a pack with a romantic poem and frog totem in the middle of the swamp. If I return these items to their rightful owner, I may receive a reward.|
- Read the note and search the nearby backpack.
- Head to Lilmoth and find Chal-Maht on the southwest lookout near the Guild Hall.
- Speak with Chal-Maht
North of Ruined Village, there is a Love Poem in an abandoned camp. Upon reading it, you'll learn it was written by an Argonian named Chal-Maht. Look around the camp for anything that stands out. A particular point of interest is the abandoned pack nearby, search the pack and take the carved Frog Totem found inside. Travel to Lilmoth and see if you can return the wooden frog and love letter to whoever made them.
The poem provides clues to where they can be found, such as watching "from high above" and "The southwest sky beckons". Indeed, Chal-Maht is located outside the Lilmoth Guild hall in one of the tall lookout huts, looking over the sea. Speak with him about the letter and the frog totem.
- "Your steps show determination, and your eyes curiosity. Tell me what you seek, beeko."
- Did you lose this frog totem and poem?
- "Ah, yes. I carved this many seasons ago. I hoped it would convince my beloved Kud-Nakal to join me for our tribe's next bonding ritual, but I lost the totem before it could be presented.
Of course, this was when I was still a female."
- You used to be a female?
If you are not playing as an Argonian he will reply with the following.
- "The Hist, in all its endless gifts, allows us to change many aspects of ourselves. Our gender is but one.
I highly recommend such a change, should you ever get the chance."
If you are playing as an Argonian he will instead respond with the following.
- "Have you never undergone such a transformation, egg-sibling?
The Hist, in all its endless gifts, allows us to change many aspects of ourselves. Our gender is but one. I highly recommend such a change, should you ever get the chance."
- So, because you're now male, you can't bond with Kud-Nakal?
- "If we had spoken a week ago, it would have been so. But, as fate would have it, Kud-Nakal has recently undergone a change herself.
Thank you for bringing me this letter and totem. They should make fine gifts for my beloved."
The quest ends here, but afterwards, you can ask Chal-Maht more about Argonian bonding rituals, and later find out that he was able to convince Kud-Nakal to bond with him.
|Frog Totem Turnaround|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I should read the note in order to find out more about the owner of this lost pack.
Objective: Collect Romantic Note
|I've read the note, and believe that it was written by an Argonian named Chal-Maht. I should search the abandoned pack as well.
Objective: Search Pack
|I've collected the frog totem and romantic poem. I should find Chal-Maht and return their lost items. According to the poem, I'm likely to find them in Lilmoth.
Objective: Find Chal-Maht
|I found Chal-Maht. I should speak to him about the frog totem and romantic poem.
Objective: Find Chal-Maht