- On the border with Morrowind, the Shadowfen region has had more contact with Tamrielic civilization than most of Black Marsh—due primarily to the activities of the Dunmeri slavers who once operated out of the city of Stormhold. Now the Argonians are back in charge.
|Northwestern Black Marsh|
Shadowfen is the northwestern region of Black Marsh.
It is a fetid mire, often fought over by the Imperial Legion and Dunmer slavers. The ancient city of Stormhold is located here, the source of the devastating (to non-Argonians) Knahaten Flu. Local creatures include giant snakes, fleshflies and wamasu, and diseases such as blood rot, the droops, and swamp fever are quite common. Though the practice of Argonian slavery was abandoned when Black Marsh joined the Ebonheart Pact, rogue Dunmeri slave traders can still be found roaming the marshes. Hist trees and ruined temples can also be found along the winding channels and dank foliage.
The region borders Morrowind to the north, and Cyrodiil to the west. It is also home to the Shadowscales, those Argonians born under the sign of the Shadow, and thus destined for a life in the Dark Brotherhood.
- 1 Places
- 1.1 Cities
- 1.2 Settlements
- 1.3 Farms and Plantations
- 1.4 Groves and Marshes
- 1.5 Caves, Ruins and Mines
- 1.6 Battlefields, Cemeteries and Crypts
- 1.7 Dungeons
- 1.8 Group Bosses
- 1.9 Dolmens
- 1.10 Mundus Stones
- 1.11 Points of Interest
- 1.12 Player Houses
- 1.13 Wayshrines
- 1.14 Unmarked Locations
- 1.15 Connected Realms
- 2 Quests
- 3 Skyshards
- 4 Maps
- 5 Gallery
- Stormhold — A city in northern Shadowfen.
- Alten Corimont — A port in eastern Shadowfen, east-southeast of the Hatching Pools.
- Forsaken Hamlet — An abandoned village in eastern Shadowfen, north of Alten Corimont.
- Murkwater — A village in southern Shadowfen.
- Percolating Mire — A village in southeastern Shadowfen, southeast of Alten Corimont.
- Stillrise Village — A cursed Kothringi village in northwestern Shadowfen, west of Stormhold.
- White Rose Prison — A fort in western Shadowfen, west of the Hatching Pools.
Farms and Plantations
- Xal Ithix — A farm in the southwestern corner of Shadowfen.
Groves and Marshes
- Hatching Pools — Located in central Shadowfen.
Caves, Ruins and Mines
- Bogmother — A ruin in northern Shadowfen, southeast of Stormhold.
- Hissmir — A ruin in southern Shadowfen, southwest of the Hatching Pools.
- Loriasel — An Ayleid ruin in southwestern Shadowfen.
- Mud Tree Village — A mining town in central Shadowfen, south of Stormhold.
- Sunscale Strand — A ruin in southeastern Shadowfen, southeast of Alten Corimont.
- Ten-Maur-Wolk — A Daedric ruin in northeastern Shadowfen, northeast of the Hatching Pools.
- Zuuk — An abandoned village in central Shadowfen, west of the Hatching Pools.
Battlefields, Cemeteries and Crypts
- Arx Corinium — A group dungeon found in western Shadowfen.
- Atanaz Ruins — Small Argonian ruins in eastern Shadowfen, east of Alten Corimont containing Argonian Warriors.
- Broken Tusk — A Daedric ruin in eastern Shadowfen, north-northeast of the Forsaken Hamlet containing Daedra.
- Chid-Moska Ruins — Ancient Argonian ruins in southwestern Shadowfen, west of Murkwater containing outlaws.
- Cradle of Shadows — A group dungeon in Shadowfen.
- Gandranen Ruins — Ruins in central Shadowfen, southwest of the Hatching Pools containing Ayleid mummies.
- Onkobra Kwama Mine — A kwama mine in southeastern Shadowfen, south of Alten Corimont containing Kwama.
- Ruins of Mazzatun — A group dungeon in Shadowfen.
- Sanguine's Demesne — A ruin in Shadowfen.
- Shrine of the Black Maw — An Ayleid ruin in northwestern Shadowfen, west-northwest of Stormhold containing vampires.
- Bitterroot Cave — A cave in Shadowfen.
- Captain Bones' Ship — A shipwreck in Shadowfen.
- Haynekhtnamet's Lair — A riverbank in Shadowfen.
- Nen Ria — An Ayleid ruin west of Mud Tree Village in Shadowfen.
- Slaver Camp — A camp in Shadowfen.
- Xal Thak — A ruined temple in southeastern Shadowfen, just southwest of Alten Corimont.
- Leafwater Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point south of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- Reticulated Spine Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Venomous Fens Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Murkwater in southwestern Shadowfen.
- The Atronach — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
- The Serpent — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
- The Shadow — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
Points of Interest
- Camp Crystal Abattoir — Located southeast of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- Camp Merciful Reduction — Located north of the Forsaken Hamlet in eastern Shadowfen.
- Camp Silken Snare — Located north of the Hatching Pools in central Shadowfen.
- The Graceful Dominator — Located east of Alten Corimont in eastern Shadowfen.
- Hatchling's Crown — A ruin located in southern Shadowfen, east of Murkwater.
- Hei-Halai — A campsite located west of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Telvanni Acquisition Camp — Located northwest of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Tsonashap Mine — An abandoned mine located southwest of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- The Vile Pavilion — Located northeast of Stillrise Village in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Weeping Wamasu Falls — Located in western Shadowfen, north of White Rose Prison.
- Xal Haj-Ei Shrine — A shrine in northern Shadowfen, east of Stormhold.
- The Ample Domicile — A medium player house in Stormhold.
- Stay-Moist Mansion — A large player house in central Shadowfen.
- Alten Corimont Wayshrine — Located in western Alten Corimont.
- Bogmother Wayshrine — Located east of Bogmother.
- Forsaken Hamlet Wayshrine — Located northwest of the Forsaken Hamlet.
- Hatching Pools Wayshrine — Located south of the Hatching Pools.
- Hissmir Wayshrine — Located east of Hissmir.
- Loriasel Wayshrine — Located south of Loriasel.
- Percolating Mire Wayshrine — Located west-southwest of the Percolating Mire.
- Stillrise Wayshrine — Located east of Stillrise Village.
- Stormhold Wayshrine — Located in eastern Stormhold.
- Venomous Fens Wayshrine — Located northeast of the White Rose Prison.
- Cold-Blood Cavern — A cave system and Daedric ruin located in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Mudshallow Cave — A small cave located at Camp Silken Snare.
- Silyanorn Ruins — A set of Ayleid ruins in Stormhold.
|Paths always enter a quest from the top or left, and leave a quest from the bottom or right.|
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required, and only one can be completed.|
||Denotes a quest which is part of the main story chain.|
||Denotes a story quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is part of the main chain.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is on an alternate path.|
||Denotes a side quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|
Ebonheart Pact Story Quests
- Three Tender Souls: Solve a series of crimes in Stormhold.
- Getting to the Truth: Find the missing vicecanon.
- Scouring the Mire: Investigate suspicious Dominion activity in Reticulated Spine.
- Trail of the Skin-Stealer: Prepare to fight the Dominion near a Daedric ruin.
- The Skin-Stealer's Lair: Defeat the Skin-Stealer impostor.
- Cracking the Egg: Travel to the Hatching Pools to learn more about the Mnemic Egg.
- Keepers of the Shell: Save a generation of Argonians from the Dominion.
- The Mnemic Egg: Follow the Mnemic Egg into the Venomous Fens.
- The Dominion's Alchemist: Find the Dominion's alchemist.
- The Dream of the Hist: Defeat the alchemist and recover the Mnemic Egg.
- Alternate Story Pointers
- Hushed Whispers: Report on Dominion activity in Stormhold.
- Eyes of the Enemy: Warn the Vicecanon of betrayal.
- Children of the Hist: Hurry to the Hatching Pools to save the Argonian hatchlings.
Reticulated Spine Side Quests
- The Bargain's End: Decide the fate of Stillrise Village.
- Bound to the Bog: Help out the expedition to Bogmother.
- Captive Souls: Free the souls of a merchant's slain guards.
- Foreign Vintage: Find the spies in Sanguine's celebration.
- A Last Reminder: Bring a last memento to a widow.
- Life of the Party: Help a trapped Argonian escape.
- Saving the Relics: Recover some ancient Argonian relics from Bogmother.
- Schism: Help Mud Tree Village reopen their mine.
- Shadowfen Smorgasbord: Help a drunken cook out of a bad bet.
- The Thin Ones: Save a Kothringi village from undead servitude.
- Unbridled Wealth: Recover a merchant's wares and her favorite guar.
- Unwelcome Guests: Convince a band of mercenaries to leave Stormhold.
- Broken Apart: Banish the wispmother that is corrupting Deep Graves.
- Buried in the Past: Gain access to the ancient ruins at Sunscale Strand.
- Clarity: Cure Ja-Reet of his mysterious silence.
- Cold-Blooded Revenge: Seek vengeance for the lone survivor of a Dominion massacre.
- The Fangs of Sithis: Find the Fangs of Sithis in the Sunscale Ruins.
- Into the Mire: Rescue the Mire villagers from the Dominion.
- Last One Standing: Put an end to the Khajiiti upstart threatening the Argonian captain.
- A Life of Privilege: Help a lost Breton recover her belongings.
- Lost to the Mire: Help find a missing friend.
- Missing Son: Find out what happened to an Argonian's son.
- Outside Interference: Discover the purpose of the Dominion's extractor at Hatching Pools.
- A Pirate Parley: Recover the Dominion's treasure and ensure the gerent gets his freedom.
- Pull the Last Fang: Recover a Fang of Sithis from the Renrijra Maor.
- A Stranger Uninvited: Investigate an Altmer researching the Argonian graveyard.
- Strength of the Father: Help cure a sick Orc.
- Threefold Folly: Win back a lute in a game of riddles.
- The Tree-Minder's Fate: Help put a spirit's mind to rest.
- Warm Welcome: Find out who the Dominion are making deals with in Alten Corimont.
- Whispers of the Wisps: Rescue the travelers trapped by wisps in an Argonian cemetery.
- Will of the Broken: Deliver a cursed urn to a priestess of Arkay.
Venomous Fens Side Quests
- And Throw Away The Key: Assist the inmates of White Rose Prison.
- Captured Time: Discover the secret of the Alasil pilasters.
- Catch the Lightning: Convince a reluctant assistant to help with an experiment.
- Deep Disturbance: Discover why the swamp is attacking an Argonian settlement.
- Dreams From the Hist: Discover why a Dominion soldier would undertake the Trials of the Hist.
- A Final Release: Locate the remains of an Argonian separated from the Hist.
- Into the Temple: Find the Keystone at Zuuk.
- The Keystone: Recover the keystone from the prison dungeon.
- King of Dust: Stop the Dominion from getting Zuuk's keystone.
- Lost Pilgrimage: Help find a group of lost pilgrims.
- Missing in the Mire: Rescue some scavengers from the hostile creatures of the swamp.
- Of Dubious Value: Help find some stolen relics.
- The Ones Left Behind: Reunite the spirits of a Khajiiti family.
- Overrun: Meet up with the Shadowscales at Murkwater.
- A Poisoned Heart: Help clean up some poison gas.
- Riches Beyond Measure: Help find a powerful Ayleid artifact.
- Scales of Retribution: Help defeat the Dominion at Murkwater.
- The Swamp's Embrace: Recover the bodies of the Dominion's Argonian prisoners.
- Trials of the Burnished Scales: Pass the trials of the Hist in Hissmir.
- Vigil's End: Help an ancient Ayleid spirit find rest.
- What Happened at Murkwater: Let Hissmir know of the events at Murkwater.
Arx Corinium Pledge: Explore Arx Corinium and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
Cradle of Shadows Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Cradle of Shadows.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Force of Nature: Help three nereid sisters reclaim an abandoned Imperial fort.
Ruins of Mazzatun Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by conquering the Ruins of Mazzatun.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Sap and Stone: Eliminate the Xit-Xaht threat in the Ruins of Mazzatun.
- Silk and Shadow: Help a Shadowscale destroy a dangerous new group of assassins.
|Above the Mages' eye between the falls.||Above the Stormhold Mages Guild|
|Still shrouded by spray past a western rise.||North of Stillrise Village, beside waterfall|
|Sneak behind the relic-thieves' camp.|
|Beside a bowsprit among pirates.||Top deck of Alten Corimont ship, in a crate|
|Ritual flames brew trouble in the mire.||East of Percolating Mire, on top of rocks|
|Where wisps waylay wanderers.||Deep graves, on the south side of the pyramid.|
|Like the sound of steam or snakes.||Hissmir, atop temple|
|Overlooking the murk of Xal Ithix.||West of Xal Ithix, Atop temple & rocks|
|Imprisoned in a crumbling tower.||White Rose Prison, top of tower|
|Peek behind pillars in Atanaz.||Square room with tent in Atanaz|
|Skittering, slithering, a tusk once whole.||Broken Tusk, big room with Harvester|
|Unearthed by an outlaw excavation.||Chid-Moska Ruins, right corner bend, hidden|
|Crown in hand, leave and look right.||Gandranen Ruins, on left in first side room|
|Climb, little kwama, to reach your goal.||Onkobra Kwama Mine, top of walkway in big room|
|Digesting in the belly of the Black Maw.||Shrine of the Black Maw, big room in a niche|
|Deep in the den of debauchery.||Sanguine's Demesne, natural cave area|