This article is about the place. For the DLC, see Clockwork City (DLC).
|Zone Story Quests||8|
|Points of Interest||3|
|Clockwork City Antiquities|
Physical representation beneath Mournhold
The Clockwork City, also known as Sotha Sil, after its creator, is said to be a great and intricate mechanism that duplicates the mythic structures of Nirn in metallic miniature. Only Seht himself knows its true purpose.
|Achievements • Antiquities • Books • Fish|
Clockwork City is a mechanical realm created by Sotha Sil, one of the living gods of Morrowind. It supposedly exists "outside space and time", represented in Tamriel as a miniature realm within a globe about the size of a large crate, requiring an individual to be magically shrunk to enter. The globe is located in a vault in the Dwemer ruin of Bamz-Amschend, deep beneath the Tribunal Temple in Mournhold. The location serves as the setting of the Clockwork City DLC, although some parts of the city can also be visited in two quests available in the Morrowind chapter of ESO; the Halls of Fabrication and the Clockwork City Vault.
Clockwork City can be accessed from a portal behind the waterfall that is located just outside the northeastern wall of the Tribunal Temple in Deshaan (map). This is the same waterfall area visited to access the city in the opening quest To The Clockwork City. A fishing spot is to the immediate right when facing two waterfalls on the opposite bank. The Clockwork City portal entrance is inside the first waterfall, located just before the cave door entrance needed to access the zone quest. Swim towards this first waterfall and enter it to access the portal. This portal doesn't appear until the zone story quest To The Clockwork City is completed.
- Halls of Regulation — A malfunctioning water treatment facility in the eastern Clockwork City. (map)
- The Shadow Cleft — A delve accessible through a portal that opened up south of the Sanctuary Wayshrine. (map)
Points of Interest
- Brass Fortress — A city built by Sotha Sil that serves as the main settlement and hub of the Clockwork City. (map)
- Everwound Wellspring — A farming facility in the northeast of the Clockwork City run by Lector Naril. (map)
- Mnemonic Planisphere — A memory storage facility in the central Clockwork City. (map)
- Barilzar's Eighth Laboratory — A disused laboratory once belonging to Barilzar. (map)
- Elegiac Replication — A garden created by Sotha Sil himself. (map)
- Insalubrious Effluvium — An unpleasant canyon south of the Brass Fortress filled with hostile fabricants and factotums. (map)
- Mire Mechanica — A swampy eastern region of Clockwork City that flows into the Halls of Regulation. (map)
- Vale of Tiers — A trench filled with factotums that has gained mythical status with the tarnished of Slag Town. (map)
- Ventral Terminus — A Clockwork facility overrun by Skaafin (map)
- Pavilion of Artifice — A crafting site found in the central Clockwork City, south of the Clockwork Crossroads Wayshrine. (map)
- The Refurbishing Yard — A crafting site located in the eastern Clockwork City, near Mire Mechanica. (map)
- Restricted Brassworks — A crafting site located in the Reactor District in the western part of Brass Fortress. (map)
- Asylum Sanctorium — A mini trial found within the Reactor District in the Brass Fortress. (map)
- Exarchs' Egress — A portal leading to a group boss location in Evergloam. (map)
- Sanctuary of Verification — A group boss location in Clockwork City. (map)
- The Orbservatory Prior — A player manor in the Clockwork City. (map)
- Brass Fortress Wayshrine — Located in the Brass Fortress. (map)
- Clockwork Crossroads Wayshrine — Immediately south of the Brass Fortress and west of the Mnemonic Planisphere. (map)
- Mire Mechanica Wayshrine — A wayshrine located above the Mire Mechanica and west of the Everwound Wellspring (map)
- Sanctuary Wayshrine — A wayshrine located in the western Clockwork City, south of the Sanctuary of Verification. (map)
- Wrecked Merchant Caravan — An unmarked located south of Elegiac Replication, and west of the exit to the Pneumatic Forge. (map)
- To The Clockwork City: Join Divayth Fyr on a unique expedition to a land of curiosity and contradiction.
- In Search of a Sponsor: Gain sponsorship in order to become a citizen of the Clockwork City.
- The Strangeness of Seht: Investigate Sotha Sil's recent change of character.
- Deepening Shadows: Locate Chancellor Gascone Dusant of the Congress of Calibration.
- Lost in the Gloam: Assist the Blackfeather Court to reclaim a mysterious key.
- Unto the Dark: Pursue the Shadow of Sotha Sil to the center of the Clockwork City.
- Where Shadows Lie: Save the Clockwork God.
- The Light of Knowledge: Meet Sotha Sil and Divayth Fyr at the Elegiac Replication.
- The Astronomer's Apprentice: Restore the corrupted memory stars inside the Mnemonic Planisphere.
- The Broken Brassilisk: Return an inactive brassilisk to his owner.
- Cogs of Fate: Help a young man prove to others that fate can be changed.
- Family Feud: Resolve a family feud between the Vanos siblings.
- The Halls of Regulation: Help repair a malfunctioning water treatment facility.
- The Mage's Dog: Ensure a mage's pet is looked after.
- A Matter of Tenderness: Brengolin needs your help restocking his meat stores.
- The Merchant's Heirloom: Return an ancient family heirloom sword.
- Most Complicated Machine: Help Sovor Saryoni find a cure for his ailment.
- Oasis in a Metal Desert: Help a novice Clockwork Apostle investigate a farming facility in the Clockwork City.
- Tasty Tongue Varnish: Procure some exquisite liqueur for Brengolin.
- The Precursor: Assist an Apostle in reassembling an ancient factotum with pieces from all across Tamriel.
- The Registrar's Request: Collect and return sequence plaques to the Clockwork Registrar.
- Saints' Mercy: Neutralize a threat within the Asylum Sanctorium.
- The Shadow Cleft: Find a Clockwork Apostle who disappeared into a strange portal.
- Tarnished Truffles: Assist a cook aspiring to improve the limited cuisine of the Clockwork City.
- The Oscillating Son: Find Associate Zanon's mentor for evaluating the Precursor.
- Blackfeather Court Tributes:
Bursar of Tributes. Available after completing "Lost in the Gloam" Main Story quest.
- A Matter of Leisure: Steal trinkets of leisure for the Blackfeather Court to play with.
- A Matter of Respect: Retrieve cookware and dishes for the Blackfeather Court.
- A Matter of Tributes: Retrieve cosmetics and grooming supplies for the Blackfeather Court.
- Glitter and Gleam: Retrieve ornate trinkets for the Blackfeather Court.
- Morsels and Pecks: Scavenge items of flesh for the Blackfeather Court.
- Nibbles and Bits: Scavenge hides, husks, and carapaces for the Bursar of Tributes.
- Brass Fortress Resupplying:
- A Bitter Pill: Gather Herbalist's Satchels to assist the people of Slag Town.
- A Daily Grind: Gather flash stone and metal pellets for the residents of Slag Town.
- A Sticky Solution: Gather fabricated husk and counterfeit coal to assist the people of Slag Town.
- Enchanted Accumulation: Gather runestones and runelights to aid the residents of Slag Town in the Brass Fortress.
- Fuel for our Fires: Gather synthetic oils and skimmer mesh to aid the residents of Slag Town in the Brass Fortress.
- Loose Strands: Gather metal strands and artificial lodestones to aid the residents of Slag Town.
- Clockwork Facilitator Contracts:
The Clockwork Facilitator
- A Fine-Feathered Foe: Defeat the Wraith-of-Crows and other Daedric incursions in Clockwork City's Radius.
- Inciting the Imperfect: Defeat the Imperfect and gather its lost sequence plaques.
- Clockwork Apostles:
Novice Holli. Available after completing "The Shadow Cleft" or "Halls of Regulation" quests.
- Again Into the Shadows: Help the Clockwork Apostles to find a missing Mages Guild member.
- A Shadow Malfunction: Find Initiate Favar and complete his analysis.
- A Shadow Misplaced: Find Novice Oscard and gather his notes.
- Changing the Filters: Replace water filters in the Halls of Regulation.
- Oiling the Fans: Oil a ventilation fan within the Halls of Regulation.
- Replacing the Commutators: Replace brass commutators in the Halls of Regulation.
- Rounds two and four of the Maelstrom Arena are themed after Clockwork City.
- As a mechanical realm, there are no natural resources of wood, cloth or herbs in the zone. These resources drop from respectively Scrap Wood, Torn Cloth, and Herbalist's Satchel nodes.