- The fertile valleys of Deshaan are home to lush fungal forests, deep kwama mines, and broad pastures where netches and guar graze. But all pales before the magnificence of Mournhold, home of the Tribunal and capital of the Ebonheart Pact.
Deshaan is a region in southern Morrowind. Its plains, which surround the Tribunal Temple, are very fertile from frequent ash-falls. The southern reaches of the region gradually become more swampy, eventually merging with the swamps of Black Marsh.
The nomads of Morrowind, the Ashlanders, frequent the plains of Deshaan. They are easy to offend if you do not know their customs, but easy to please with a simple gift of any sort. If you are caught in an ash storm, they will usually provide shelter in return for a gift.
- 1 Places
- 2 Quests
- 3 Skyshards
- 4 Sets
- 5 Maps
- 6 Gallery
- Malak's Maw — An Orc camp in southwestern Deshaan, southwest of Narsis.
- Muth Gnaar — A monastery in western Deshaan, just southeast of the town of Narsis.
- Narsis — A town in western Deshaan, just south of the village of Quarantine Serk.
- Quarantine Serk — A small village in western Deshaan, just north of the town of Narsis.
- Selfora — A small town in eastern Deshaan, east of Mournhold.
- Shad Astula — An academy of magic located in north-central Deshaan, just northeast of Mournhold.
- Silent Mire — An Argonian town in eastern Deshaan, just southeast of the Tal'Deic Fortress.
- Tal'Deic Fortress — An Ebonheart Pact-aligned House Redoran military outpost in eastern Deshaan, located northwest of Silent Mire.
- Tribunal Temple — A large temple in the northern section of Mournhold in Deshaan.
- Vale of the Ghost Snake — A small village in eastern Deshaan, east of the city of Mournhold.
Caves, Ruins and Mines
- Bthanual — A Dwemer ruin in central Deshaan, west of Mournhold.
- Deepcrag Den — A kwama mine south of Mournhold, just north of the gate to Shadowfen.
- Eidolon's Hollow — A Daedric ruin in northeastern Deshaan.
- Mzithumz — A Dwemer ruin in northern Deshaan, north of Mournhold.
- Obsidian Gorge — A pass in northern Deshaan, east of Narsis and west of Mournhold, filled with old Daedric ruins.
- Shrine of Saint Veloth — A ruin in eastern Deshaan, north of the Tal'Deic Fortress.
- The Corpse Garden — A crypt in eastern Deshaan, north of the Tal'Deic Fortress containing undead.
- Darkshade Caverns — A group dungeon found in southeastern Deshaan.
- Forgotten Crypts — Burial vaults in western Deshaan, just southeast of the village of Quarantine Serk.
- Knife Ear Grotto — A Daedric ruin in eastern Deshaan, northeast of the town of Silent Mire containing Daedra.
- Lady Llarel's Shelter — A kwama mine in western Deshaan, just northeast of the town of Narsis containing Kwama.
- Lower Bthanual — A Dwemer ruin in central Deshaan.
- Taleon's Crag — A cave in southern Deshaan, just south of the Vale of the Ghost Snake containing Kwama.
- The Triple Circle Mine — A mine in central Deshaan, just west of the town of Selfora containing Kagouti.
- Caravan Crest — A hill in eastern Deshaan, west of Silent Mire.
- Dire Bramblepatch — A grove in central Deshaan, west of Selfora.
- Druitularg's Ritual Altar — On an island in the river north of Selfora in Deshaan.
- Grove of the Abomination — A grove in western Deshaan, southeast of Narsis.
- Mabrigash Burial Circle — A cemetery in eastern Deshaan, at the eastern edge of the Vale of the Ghost Snake.
- Short-Tusk's Hillock — A hill in northwest Deshaan, northwest of Narsis.
- Lagomere Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Selfora in central Deshaan.
- Redolent Loam Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northeast of Narsis in western Deshaan.
- Siltreen Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point south of Silent Mire in eastern Deshaan.
- The Lord — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, and Deshaan.
- The Mage — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan, and Cyrodiil.
- The Tower — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan, and Cyrodiil.
Points of Interest
- Avayan's Farm — A small farm located in eastern Deshaan, just southeast of the Academy of Shad Astula.
- Berezan's Mine — A closed mine located in northern Deshaan, just west of Mzithumz.
- Coiled Path Landing — A dock in eastern Deshaan, on the eastern edge of the Vale of the Ghost Snake.
- Hlanii's Hovel — A small floating dock in central Deshaan, just southeast of the monastery of Muth Gnaar.
- House Dres Farmstead — A farm in central Deshaan, just south of the city of Mournhold.
- Lake Hlaalu Retreat — A lakeside camp located in western Deshaan, just north of the town of Narsis.
- Old Ida's Cottage — A small cottage in western Deshaan, east of the town of Narsis.
- Redoran Pier — A dock in eastern Deshaan, just west of Knife Ear Grotto.
- Shrine to Saint Rilms — A small shrine in central Deshaan, just southeast of the city of Mournhold.
- Smuggler's Slip — A small dock on the eastern edge of Deshaan, just southeast of the town of Silent Mire.
- Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret — A player apartment in Mournhold.
- Quondam Indorilia — A large player house in central Deshaan.
- Velothi Reverie — A medium player house in Narsis.
- Eidolon's Hollow Wayshrine — Located southwest of Eidolon's Hollow.
- Ghost Snake Vale Wayshrine — Located north of the Vale of the Ghost Snake.
- Mournhold Wayshrine — Located in southeastern Mournhold.
- Muth Gnaar Hills Wayshrine — Located north of Muth Gnaar.
- Mzithumz Wayshrine — Located south of Mzithumz.
- Obsidian Gorge Wayshrine — Located southwest of the Obsidian Gorge.
- Quarantine Serk Wayshrine — Located north of Quarantine Serk.
- Selfora Wayshrine — Located southeast of Selfora.
- Shad Astula Wayshrine — Located south of Shad Astula.
- Silent Mire Wayshrine — Located southwest of Silent Mire.
- Tal'Deic Grounds Wayshrine — Located east of the Tal'Deic Fortress.
- West Narsis Wayshrine — Located west of Narsis.
- Fang Spires — A shrine dedicated to the Ghost Snake, the divinity worshipped by the Mabrigash Tribe.
- Volunidai's Manor — An estate located in far eastern Deshaan, east of Silent Mire.
- Dranil Kir — An island off the coast of Auridon formerly occupied by the Psijic Order that houses the Psijic Obscuros, a powerful scrying device.
|Paths always enter a quest from the top or left, and leave a quest from the bottom or right.|
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required, and only one can be completed.|
||Denotes a quest which is part of the main story chain.|
||Denotes a story quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is part of the main chain.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is on an alternate path.|
||Denotes a side quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|
Ebonheart Pact Story Quests
- A Letter for Deshaan: Deliver a letter to a refugee's cousin in Deshaan.
- Bad Medicine: Discover the source of the Llodos Plague.
- Proprietary Formula: Collect samples of the Maulborn curative.
- Quest For the Cure: Create a real cure for the Llodos Plague.
- The Llodos Plague: Alert the Narsis guard to the Maulborn plot.
- For Their Own Protection: Investigate the disappearances in Narsis.
- Unwanted Guests: Help House Hlaalu prepare to seal the town.
- Fighting Back: Find the location of a secret meeting place.
- Hiding in Plain Sight: Help rescue the missing Narsis villagers.
- Tracking the Plague: Track the Llodos Plague across Redolent Loam.
- Death Trap: Find out what's happening in the Obsidian Gorge.
- Payback: Infect the Maulborn with their own plague.
- Plague Bringer: Locate and defeat the creator of the Llodos Plague.
- Message to Mournhold: Take a report of the events at Obsidian Gorge to the Ordinators of Mournhold.
- A Favor Returned: Register your presence in the Ebonheart Pact's capital.
- The Mournhold Underground: Investigate the Mournhold Sewers for signs of the Maulborn.
- The Seal of Three: Prevent the Maulborn from completing their scheme inside the Tribunal Temple.
- Chasing the Magistrix: Pursue Magistrix Vox into Siltreen.
- Restless Spirits: Escort a wounded citizen to safety.
- Rescue and Revenge: Rescue the trapped citizens of Selfora.
- A Saint Asunder: Restore and cleanse the Shrine of Saint Veloth.
- Healing Hearts: Deliver some Daedra hearts to a healer at Eidolon's Hollow.
- Into the Mouth of Madness: Lower the wards to enter Vox's lair.
- Motive for Heresy: Learn about Vox's past.
- The Judgment of Veloth: Confront Magistrix Vox and end her plot.
- Onward to Shadowfen: Head to Shadowfen to help out the Stormhold vicecanon.
- Alternate Story Pointers
Redolent Loam Side Quests
- A Bitter Pill: Uncover a refugee camp's terrible secret.
- Burning Revenge: Help a survivor of the monastery fire exact revenge.
- Challenge the Tide: Help a Nord destroy her former captors.
- A Family Divided: Reunite a refugee with her husband.
- Honor Bound: Rescue the inhabitants of Muth Gnaar from a monastery fire.
- Intruders in Deshaan: Remove the intruding Orcs from Malak's Maw.
- The Medallions of Saint Veloth: Recover the medallions of Saint Veloth.
- The Naked Nord: A hapless Nord has lost his pants.
- Nothing Left to Waste: Help recover some items from a ruined camp.
- Oath Breaker: Help a Nord deal with her former captors.
- Ritual of Anguish: Help a murdered woman get revenge.
- You Have to Break a Few: Deliver food to a dead man's mother.
- By Invitation Only: Sneak into the Pact's most exclusive mage's college.
- Carving Cuttle: Harvest kwama cuttle in Deepcrag Den.
- Cultural Exchange: Help out the Glorious Expedition for Nord Cultural Exchange.
- Dissonant Commands: Learn about a mysterious Dwemer rod.
- The Dungeon Delvers: Help two adventurers investigate a Dwemer ruin.
- The Light Fantastic: Help two adventurers recover a Dwemer relic to present to the Shad Astula Arch-Mage.
- Mechanical Murder: Find out why Dwemer constructs attacked a Hlaalu caravan.
- Remembering Risa: Recover an amulet from the Coiled Path.
- School Daze: Help new students pass their entrance tests.
- Search and Rescue: Help fumigate the kwama mine at Deepcrag Den.
- A Service for the Dead: Return a dead man's medallion.
- Trade Negotiations: Find out what happened to Raston Vendil.
- The Trial of the Ghost Snake: Decide the fate of the Mabrigash tribe.
- Vengeance of the Oppressed: Help some former slaves get their revenge.
- Vision Quest: Save Shad Astula from a Maulborn takeover.
- That Which Matters Most: Help salvage a looted caravan.
- Bad Soldiers: Reduce the "enthusiasm" of the Tal'Deic Fortress' Sentinel enforcers.
- A Blow for Order: Help the Ordinators get the upper hand against the Daedra.
- Cold-Blooded Vengeance: Help an angry Argonian take revenge on some Khajiiti pirates.
- A Fair Warning: Retrieve a Daedric artifact for a scholar.
- The Ravaged Village: Recover the sacred relics of Silent Mire.
- Rules and Regulations: Investigate the Redoran leadership at Tal'Deic Fortress.
- The Saving of Silent Mire: Free the pirates' captives at Silent Mire.
- The Soldier's Alibi: Help a deserting soldier escape his captors.
- Strange Guard Beasts: Rile up the wasps into attacking the Khajiiti pirates.
- Supply Run: Recover healing supplies for the wounded of Selfora.
- What Lies Beneath: Investigate the ruined crypts near Tal'Deic Fortress.
- The Wounds in the World: Shut down the Daedric portals spewing enemies across the countryside.
Darkshade Caverns Pledge: Explore Darkshade Caverns and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Mine All Mine: Investigate a disturbance in Deshaan's largest kwama mine.
Veteran Darkshade Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Veteran Darkshade Caverns.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- What Was Lost: Help Shatasha investigate Dwemer ruins.
|Free from quarantine.||Right beside rocks from Maulborn Quarantine.|
|A Hlaalu victory in Narsis.||Behind Hlaalu Kinhouse.|
|A river view on Muth Gnarr's outskirts.||Behind Andaren House.|
|A twin falls in Mournhold.||In the water on rocks next to waterfall.|
|Near the remnants of a House caravan.||Beside Building in Mzithumz.|
|Follow the river that snakes south to its source.||Southeast of Taleon's Crag, on an island next to the waterfall.|
|Search near the cavern with three eyes.||Beside Darkshade Caverns, right of the entrance.|
|The right tower is Tal'Deic's left.||Behind the entrance arch.|
|Where ships dock and mushrooms Mire.||Atop of cliffs overlooking village & docks.|
|Where the dead walk, no memories linger.||Group, Forgotten Crypts, Top hallway with ghosts & wraith.|
|Lend me your ear.||Knife Ear Grotto hallway on right of entrance.|
|Where a lady seeks kwama before the storm.||Lady Llarel's Shelter, room at the end with Lady Llarel.|
|Asleep in the depths, the Dwemer awakens.||Lower Bthanual, last large room with spiders.|
|Mine your step where the water drops in.||Triple Circle Mine, top room with Kagouti.|
|Go from Crags to riches.||Taleon's Crag, middle room in the water.|
|Where corpses till a garden of sand.||Corpse Garden, bottom room.|
|Set Name||Bonuses||Armor Weight|
|Mother's Sorrow||Light Armor|
|Night Mother's Embrace||
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
|Plague Doctor||Heavy Armor|
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
|Netch's Touch||Darkshade Caverns||Light Armor|
|Strength of the Automaton||Darkshade Caverns||Medium Armor|
|Armor of Truth||
2 items: Adds 19-833 Weapon Critical
|Darkshade Caverns||Heavy Armor|
|Set Name||Traits Needed||Bonuses||Crafting Sites|
|Armor of the Seducer||3|
2 items: Adds 3-129 Spell Damage