Online:Darkshade Caverns I
|# of Zones||1|
|Veteran Speed Run Target||20 mins|
These caves have the distinction of being the most famous kwama mines in Deshaan. Dark Elves consider kwama eggs a delicacy, and those harvested from Darkshade Caverns are particularly prized by Dunmeri gourmets.
As Deshaan's largest kwama mine, the caverns' ownership remains hotly contested. The caverns also contain the hidden Dwemer ruin of Rkugamz. In the normal version, Tervur Sadri wants you to help him reclaim his mine from the thugs within.
- Darkshade Caverns Objective: Explore the Darkshade Caverns. / You braved the dangers of the Darkshade Caverns.
- Pledge: Darkshade Caverns I: Explore Darkshade Caverns I and return Undaunted.
Darkshade Caverns Pledge: Explore Darkshade Caverns and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
Darkshade Caverns I
- Pit Rat Menders, Enforcers, Thugs and Rangers
- Taskmasters Anaba, Ninbael, and Elitai
- Kwama Workers, Scribs and Warriors
- A Bull and Betty Netch
- Centurion Spiders
- Dwarven Spiders and Spheres
- Darkshade Alits
- Strangler Vines
- Head Shepherd Neloren, a Dunmer kwama herder
- Cavern Patriarch, a large netch
- Cutting Sphere, a Dwemer Sphere
- Foreman Llothan, the leader of the miners
- The Hive Lord, a large Kwama Warrior
- Sentinel of Rkugamz, a Dwarven Centurion blocking the entrance to Rkugamz
A Dunmer-style chest can spawn between two tents in the campsite to the left of the entrance tunnel in the first chamber.
A chest can spawn west of the Hive Lord, on a ledge overlooking the valley where Darkshade Alits, Strangler Vines and the Cavern Patriarch reside.
A heavy sack can spawn on the east side of the Sentinel of Rkugamz's arena, between two patches of glowstalks. A chest can spawn in the corner south of that heavy sack, in the middle of a glowstalk patch. When you approach the Sentinel of Rkugamz, you'll see Tervur Sadri attempting to open the door behind the construct. When you get close enough, he'll fruitlessly attack you. A chest can spawn west of the locked entrance to Rkugamz. A heavy sack can spawn to the left of the door, among some rocks and rubble.
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
|Netch's Touch||Darkshade Caverns||Light Armor|
|Strength of the Automaton||
2 items: Adds 15-657 Critical Chance
|Darkshade Caverns||Medium Armor|
|Armor of Truth||
2 items: Adds 15-657 Critical Chance
|Darkshade Caverns||Heavy Armor|
|Sentinel of Rkugamz||
1 item: Adds 4% Healing Done
|Darkshade Caverns I||Monster Helm Sets|
There are several Achievements associated with this dungeon:
|Darkshade Caverns I Vanquisher||10||Defeat Foreman Llothan, the Hive Lord, and the Sentinel of Rkugamz in Darkshade Caverns I.|
|Darkshade Caverns I Conqueror||10||Defeat Head Shepard Neloren, Foreman Llothan, the Hive Lord, the Cavern Patriarch, the Sentinel of Rkugamz, and the Cutting Sphere in Veteran Darkshade Caverns I.|
|Well Out of Warranty||50||Defeat the Sentinel of Rkugamz in Veteran Darkshade Caverns I, after invoking the Scroll of Glorious Battle.|
|Veteran Kwama Slayer||10||Defeat 300 Kwama in Veteran Darkshade Caverns I.|
|Veteran Pit Rat Slayer||10||Defeat 175 Pit Rat Thugs in Veteran Darkshade Caverns I.|
|Darkshade Caverns I Survivor||50||Defeat Head Shepard Neloren, Foreman Llothan, the Hive Lord, the Cavern Patriarch, the Sentinel of Rkugamz, and the Cutting Sphere in Veteran Darkshade Caverns I, without suffering a group member death.|
|Darkshade Caverns I Assassin||50||Defeat Head Shepard Neloren, Foreman Llothan, the Hive Lord, the Cavern Patriarch, the Sentinel of Rkugamz, and the Cutting Sphere in Veteran Darkshade Caverns I within twenty minutes of starting the dungeon. Timer starts when a group member descends into the caverns.|
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal Darkshade Caverns was designed for levels 20–23, and Veteran Darkshade Caverns was designed for Veteran Ranks 6–10.
- Prior to Update 12, Darkshade Caverns I was only available in Normal mode, and Darkshade Caverns II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named Darkshade Caverns and Veteran Darkshade Caverns respectively.