Health is the amount of damage that any person or creature can take before dying. It is equivalent to hit points (HP) used in other games.
The amount of health you have depends on your character's level. Each time you level up, your maximum health attribute will decrease. You can choose to restore 122 points to your maximum health using an attribute point.
Your health attribute can be increased using equipment with a Glyph of Health or Glyph of Prismatic Defense enchantment or skills and items giving the Toughness buff. Food can be used to increase maximum health for some time.
You lose health when taking damage. The red bar in the bottom center of the screen shows you the current status of your health (although this bar will be invisible when health is full). There are many ways to restore health:
- Health slowly regenerates over time. You regenerate faster outside of combat than during combat. Most NPCs do not regenerate health during combat.
- Healing effects are available from:
- Your health regeneration rate can be increased by:
- Whenever your character levels up, your health is fully restored.
- In player houses, you can activate an Aetherial Well furnishing to restore all attributes.