Mournhold was badly damaged at the end of the First Era when it was attacked by Mehrunes Dagon. The Daedric Prince was defeated by Almalexia and Sotha Sil, and the city has been entirely rebuilt. The Tribunal Temple looms over Mournhold from an eminence to the north.
Mournhold is a city on Morrowind's southern mainland, in the Deshaan region. It is the capital of the Ebonheart Pact, and is traditionally controlled by House Indoril. It is the seat of the Great Moot, the ruling council of the Pact. It is home to the Tribunal Temple, where the Dunmer goddess Almalexia resides.
The city is divided into several districts. The southwestern part of the city is occupied by the Guild Plaza, which is home to the halls of the Fighters Guild and the Mages Guild. In the west lies the Royal Bazaar, filled with numerous merchant stalls. The northern part of the city is dominated by the towering Tribunal Temple. In the east lies the Residential District, which contains several houses, The Flaming Nix inn, and the docks where students of Shad Astula can take a boat to their academy.
In the southeastern part of the city lies the Plaza of the Gods, which houses the Artisans Craftworks—a smithy containing all the relevant crafting stations—as well as an alchemy store with a dye station and an enchanting store. It also contains the city's wayshrine and seven stalls of guild traders. In the very center of the city lies the Banking District, which is home to the city's main administrative building, called simply City Center. It contains the Bank of Mournhold and the rededication shrines.
The city has two docks: One is located east of the Tribunal Temple, in the northeastern corner of the city. This dock lies north of the Plaza of the Gods. You can gain passage to academy of Shad Astula from here. A thieves trove can spawn in the hooded boat anchored at the center of the pier.
A thieves trove can spawn outside the southern gate, amid a cluster of rocks west of the ash gardens where Farona Telvanni stands after Mournhold's objective quest is complete.
- Mournhold Objective: Find out what's happening in the city of Mournhold. / You uncovered a dangerous plot against the Tribunal.
- By Invitation Only: Sneak into the Pact's most exclusive mage's college.
- Cultural Exchange: Help out the Glorious Expedition for Nord Cultural Exchange.
- The Dangerous Past: Search a Dwemer ruin for signs of an ancient weapon.
- Simply Misplaced: Recover two items that the Mad God claims to have misplaced.
- Messages Across Tamriel: Help the Great Mage set up an All-Banners meeting in a neutral location.
- Message to Mournhold: Take a report of the events at Obsidian Gorge to the Ordinators of Mournhold.
- Of Knives and Long Shadows: Protect the scryers of the Order of the Eye from their own shadows.
- Taking the Undaunted Pledge: Visit the Undaunted Enclave and sign the Tome of the Undaunted.
- The Star-Gazers: Travel to Craglorn to aid the Star-Gazers.
- Vengeance of the Oppressed: Help some former slaves get their revenge.
- Reeling in Recruits: Help recruit new adventurers for Cyrodilic Collections' expeditions to Murkmire.
Shops and Services
- Artisans Craftworks — A smithy at the crafting circle in Mournhold.
- City Center Bank of Mournhold — A bank vault in Mournhold.
- Fighters Guild — The Mournhold branch of the Fighters Guild.
- The Flaming Nix — An inn located in the Plaza of the Gods section of Mournhold.
- Girvu Stables — The stables in Mournhold.
- Hlaalu Alchemical Goods — An apothecary located at the Plaza of the Gods in Mournhold.
- The Kind Enchanter — A chironasium located at the Plaza of the Gods in Mournhold.
- Mages Guild — A guildhall located on the Mournhold Guild Plaza containing the regional Mages Guild services.
- Mastercraft Exchange — The Pact Master Writ drop-off spot in Deshaan.
- Mourner's Market — A collection of guild kiosks located at the Mournhold Plaza of the Gods.
- Mournhold Home Adornments — A furniture store in Mournhold run by Frohilde Snow-Hair and Listens-to-Sea.
- Mournhold Outlaws Refuge — An outlaws refuge beneath Mournhold.
- Rededication Shrine — A rededication shrine in Mournhold.
- Royal Bazaar — A marketplace in northwestern Mournhold.
- Undaunted Enclave — An Undaunted camp set up near the west gate which offers repeatable Pledges.
- Transport Services
- Pact Navigator: Falvis Raram (Stonefalls, Shadowfen, Grahtwood, Stormhaven)
Mournhold Wayshrine is located by the southeast gate, near all of the crafting areas and the guild markets. It was moved from its old location outside the southwest gate.Which patch moved it?
- Mournhold also appeared in Arena, as well as the Tribunal expansion for Morrowind.
- Wretched Spire in the Deadlands was originally a part of Old Mournhold. It was ripped from Tamriel and transported to Oblivion during Mehrunes Dagon's attack on the city 600 years ago. Due to the strange passage of time in the Deadlands, some of the surviving inhabitants can still be encountered there.