Psijic Order (formerly)
- Coldharbour Objective:
- Messages Across Tamriel: Help the Great Mage set up an All-Banners meeting in a neutral location. • •
- The Weight of Three Crowns: Convince all three alliances to invade Coldharbour.
- Vanus Unleashed: Prevent the Daedra from using Galerion's essence to power the Planemeld.
- Breaking the Shackle: Destroy Molag Bal's Great Shackle.
- The Army of Meridia: Build an army to take on a Daedric Prince.
- Crossing the Chasm: Secure the Chasm and gain access to Molag Bal's personal domain.
- The Harvest Heart: Eliminate or ally with the enslaved vampires of the Orchard.
- The Citadel Must Fall: Storm the Dremora defenses to reach the Endless Stair.
- The Final Assault: Launch an assault on the Endless Stair and destroy the Planar Vortex.
- Through a Veil Darkly: Save a Wyress Oracle from the clutches of Mephala.
- Circus of Cheerful Slaughter: Take part in Sheogorath's production, The Folly of Isolation.
- Half-Formed Understandings: Witness Mannimarco's descent into necromancy in a sealed ruin on Artaeum.
Circus of Cheerful Slaughter
- Vanus Galerion: "You have a rare mind, Valaste. Not once in a century is a Mer with your talent born. We have accepted your application to join our august and storied Mages Guild."
- Valaste: "This is the proudest day of my life, Guildmaster. Thank you."
He can later be seen saying "Sheogorath is so much smarter than I am.... I'm like a child before him...."
Crossing the Chasm
- 'Cadwell: "Well, that was disappointing. Hardly worked up a sweat!
- I'm more than ready to get out of this awful place. Meet me outside, there's a good chap."
- Vanus Galerion: "Well done! With Molag Grunda defeated, the entirety of the Chasm is now under our control."
- "Gathwen is rounding up the troops. I asked her to keep an eye on Darien, as well. He's a terror with a sword, but sometimes I think he takes too many chances."
- "Meet me outside. We have things to discuss and I find these Daedric halls extremely distasteful."
- "While you were lollygagging, we secured the area."
- So the Chasm is clear?
- "You did well, my friend. Thanks to your efforts, we control the Chasm and can freely move troops between the Hollow City and the front lines.
- Take a moment to collect your thoughts, then come see me again. This gauntlet we must run is far from over."
The Harvest Heart
- "As soon as you're ready, we have another mission that could use your unique approach."
- What's the problem this time?
- "Vampires. The region beyond is crawling with them! Worse, anyone we send in there is turned into one of the foul monsters.
- And do you see the structure that looms on the horizon? I believe that's one of Molag Bal's infamous Harvest Hearts."
- What do I need to do?
- "Eager and confident. I like that!
- I need you to collect blood from the vampires. It's an integral component in the pacification ritual I will perform. Use the blood to mark their lairs. I'll meet you near the Heart when you're finished."
- You can count on me.
- "What are you still doing here? The vampires won't bleed themselves, you know."
- Why do I need to collect vampire blood?
- "I have my preparations to deal with, and you have yours.
- The first step is to make sure the ritual targets the correct creatures. Marking the vampires' lairs with their own blood will guarantee this."
- And how will the spell pacify the vampires?
- Why is this place called the Orchard?
- Tell me more about the Harvest Heart.
The Final Assault
Back at the Chapel of Light, Vanus will be with Gabrielle and a wounded King Laloriaran Dynar. If you speak to him, he will say "I fear the King's wounds are too extensive for us to heal. He... he doesn't have much time left."
Following the completion of the quest, you can speak to him: "We will honor the Ayleid King for his sacrifice this day. We will honor... everyone's sacrifice this day."
- What happened out there?
- "I'm still trying to work that out myself. When you touched the light, you erupted in holy flame. We thought we had lost you, truth be told.
- I've never seen destruction like that before. Even Molag Bal reeled in pain from its touch."
- Are we the only ones left?
- "I don't know. Anyone not in the vortex should have been protected from the blast, but I have no way to know if they survived the actual assault.
- Anyone inside besides us... I can only imagine the light took them quickly."
- I'm ready to go home.
- "As am I, my friend. As am I.
- Let's leave this place once and for all. May the companions we lost along the way find their own way home."
Through a Veil Darkly
- "Good to see you again, my friend! I sent that message stone days ago. I was worried it hadn't reached you. Let me set aside what I was working on and then we can get down to business."
- Why have you been trying to contact me?
- "I appear to have a message for you. From an Oracle. It came to me in a most ... distressing manner. But civilized people don't converse via projection. It isn't proper. Meet me at the Mages Guildhall in (Daggerfall/Davon's Watch/Vulkhel Guard). We can speak there."
- What's wrong with speaking here?
- "The effort required to sustain this projection is a waste of magicka. Important business should be conducted in person, and the Oracle's revelation deserve a modicum of privacy. Besides, no one else can see me. You appear to be talking to yourself."
- All right. I'll meet you at the Mages Guild in (Daggerfall/Davon's Watch/Vulkhel Guard).
When you meet him at the Mages Guildhalls in the alliance starting cities:
Inside the Mines of Khuras, you can summon Vanus in the Old Wyrd Site and speak to him:
When the ritual is complete, Oracle Marive's projection will appear. When you speak to Vanus he will say:
- "Go on. The projection isn't going to talk to itself.
- And really, I'm basically blazing with magical energy. I fear that if I get too close, I'll overwhelm Marieve's simple spell and this opportunity to communicate will be lost."
After Marieve is spoken to, you can talk with Vanus again:
- "Summerset is the ancient home of the High Elves. I was born and raised there. Marieve's vision suggests a threat to the island. There are people I need to warn.
- As for Artaeum, it's the home of the Psijic Order. It doesn't currently reside on Nirn."
- What do you mean Artaeum doesn't currently reside on Nirn?
- "The island vanished three-hundred-and-fifty years ago. The Ritemaster hid it in some pocket plane for who knows what purpose. I studied at the Ceporah Tower during my time with the Order, but Psijic magic was too flashy for my taste."
- Why won't you help me save the Oracle?
- "I've done more than enough. My break from the Order and the subsequent formation of the Mages Guild has never sat well with my former teachers. If this involves the Psijics, I won't do anyone any good by insinuating myself deeper into this affair."
- Who are these chaos-bringers that the Oracle mentioned?
- "I have my suspicions. They're obviously connected to the dark princes that Marieve mentioned, but beyond that ….
- I don't think they plan to harm the Oracle. At least not immediately. They have something more insidious in mind."
- What do you think they want with the Oracle?
- "Probably the same thing everyone wants. To get her to reveal something they want to know. And I'm concerned it might involve the Psijic Order.
- Marieve's abilities allow her to unveil hidden things and find lost places. Places such as Artaeum."
- What's the Psijic Order?
- ""The Psijic Order is a monastic society that follows the Old Ways of magic. I belonged to the Order myself back in the day, before a disagreement over another member led me to break ranks and form the Mages Guild.
- We no longer see eye to eye."
- (?) (Default option)
- "Because they might be able to use her to locate Artaeum. At least, that's my working theory.
- I will alert the Mages Guild of Summerset about the threat and then go to the guildhall in Skywatch. Meet me there after you retrieve the Oracle."
- I've been to Artaeum and met Ritemaster Iachesis. (If The Queen's Decree has been completed)
- "Yes, I think I heard something about that. I still have a few contacts, you understand.
- But there's still the matter of Marieve. Shouldn't you be getting to Bewan now? Find me at the Skywatch guildhall later and let me know how things turned out."