This article is about the place. For the DLC, see Markarth (DLC).
|Discovery|| Leveled XP
|Western part of the Reach|
Markarth is a Dwemer city that is inhabited by the Reachfolk. It is the largest inhabited settlement and political capital of the Reach.
If you exit Markarth, head east, then head south across a bridge leading across the river, you'll come across three homes. An abandoned house lies to the south, Trenol's House is to the east and Cianreil's House lies to the west. The North Markarth Wayshrine lies up the hill north from the bridge leading to these homes. There is an inaccessible farmhouse next to the wayshrine. The side of the road leading west towards Markarth is lined with stone and dotted with watchtowers. A copy of the lore book, Bloodfiends of Rivenspire, lies on the floor beside a bow and a barrel at the top of the tower closest to the North Markarth Wayshrine.
The Markarth Stables are located in front of the main gate. Just down the street west from the stable is a caravan offering transportation to Solitude and the three Alliance capitals. When you enter the city, you'll see Markarth Mercantile to your right and The Hunter's Repose across the river to your left. An alley to the right of the front gate leads straight to Ionregha's House.
- Guild Listings: Explore the Guild Finder.
- Help Wanted in Markarth: Look for work in Markarth.
- Red Eagle's Song: Help Lyris and Sai uncover the long lost secret in the most unexpected place.
- The Symbol of Gulibeg: Deliver a lost relic to the temple in Markarth.
- The Symbol of Hrokkibeg: Deliver a relic to Hircine's shrine in Markarth.
- The Symbol of Storihbeg: Deliver a stolen relic to the shrine in Markarth.
- The Symbol of Uricanbeg: Deliver a relic to the shrine in Markarth.
Given by Bralthahawn:
- Unhatched Menace: Destroy an egg that is in the possession of a mad mage.
- Wild Talismans: Recover lost talismans from Briar Rock Ruins.
- What's Hers is Ours: Retrieve a totem from Briar Rock Ruins on behalf of the Wildblood clan.
- Magic Mycology: Gather mushrooms for the clans.
- The Tainted Briarheart: Stop a wicked ritual from finishing.
- Strange Contamination: Gather fungal mold samples for mages to study.
World Boss Quests
Given by Gwenyfe:
- Discarded Treasures: Gather scrap metal discarded by a Dwemer construct.
- Namira's Perversions: Rescue captives and interrupt a witch's ritual.
- Ruptures in the Reach: Close tears in the fabric of reality for the Ard's Stonehands.
- The Scholar's Request: Conduct an experiment on Dwarven spiders at Sentinel Point.
- Guides to the Deep: Destroy a massive Dwarven construct in Blackreach.
- Notes of the Void: Retrieve notes detailing a dangerous ritual for the Stonehands to dispose of.
Given by Nelldena:
- Halt the Harrowstorms: Aid Reachfolk in stopping the Gray Host's machinations by disrupting Harrowstorms.
Wayward Guardian Quests
Given by Ardanir:
- Alone in the Dark: Help Reachfolk exiles escape the Falmer.
- Defenders of the Reach: Wipe out remnants of the Gray Host.
- Remnants of the Deep Folk: Recover Dwarven scrap to arm the Wayward Guardians.
- The Language of the Night: Salvage the ancient language of the Nighthollow Clan.
- The Light of Arkthzand: Salvage gemstones from Dwarven constructs.
- The Lost Shrine: Cleanse a shrine at Lost Valley Redoubt.
- To Burn Away Evil: Recover silver to use against the Gray Host.
Shops and Services
- Fighters Guild — The Fighters Guild's headquarters in Markarth. (map)
- Guild Traders — A guild kiosk marketplace located around Markarth's wayshrine. (map)
- The Hunter's Repose — An inn located across the brook from Markarth's front entrance. (map)
- Mages Guild — The Mages Guild's headquarters in Markarth. (map)
- Markarth Mercantile — A store located just inside Markarth's front gate. (map)
- Markarth Outlaws Refuge — An outlaws refuge hidden beneath Markarth. (map)
- Markarth Stables — A stable located just outside Markarth's front gate. (map)
- Stonevault Repository — A bank northern Markarth. (map)
- Underhall — A smithy located on the northern side of the river in central Markarth. (map)
- Nchuand-Zel — A Dwarven ruin located in Understone Keep. (map)
- Stone Eagle Aerie — A player manor in Markarth. (map)
The Markarth Wayshrine is located in southern Markarth. It is surrounded by the city's guild kiosk market.
- Markarth has previously appeared in Skyrim, and in Arena as Markarth Side.
- When you enter the "Guild Tower," where the Mages and Fighters guilds are, the entrance from the outside is on the north side of the tower, while the exit from the same door on the inside is on the east side of the tower.