- 1 Related Quests
- 2 Quest-Related Events
- 2.1 A Hostile Situation
- 2.2 To Tanzelwil
- 2.3 In the Name of the Queen
- 2.4 Rites of the Queen
- 2.5 Lifting the Veil
- 2.6 The Veil Falls
- 2.7 To Dawnbreak
- 2.8 Sever All Ties
- 2.9 The Great Tree
- 2.10 The Orrery of Elden Root
- 2.11 The Staff of Magnus
- 2.12 Frighten the Fearsome
- 2.13 To Dune
- 2.14 The Moonlit Path
- 2.15 Messages Across Tamriel
- 2.16 The Weight of Three Crowns
- 3 Notes
For historical information, see the lore article.
- A Hostile Situation: Bring a traitor to justice.
- To Tanzelwil: Find the queen at Tanzelwil.
- In the Name of the Queen: Help the queen complete an ancient ritual.
- Rites of the Queen: Protect the queen as she performs an ancient ritual.
- Lifting the Veil: Root out the Veiled Heritance agent in Skywatch.
- The Veil Falls: Root out the leaders of the Veiled Heritance.
- To Dawnbreak: Travel to Dawnbreak.
- Sever All Ties: Help save Auridon from the Veiled Heritance and their Daedric allies.
- The Great Tree: Head to the Aldmeri Dominion's capital at the request of the queen.
- The Orrery of Elden Root: Attend Queen Ayrenn's ratification.
- The Staff of Magnus: Retrieve the Staff of Magnus from the Marbruk vault.
- Report to Marbruk: Deliver news of events in the Drowned Coast to Queen Ayrenn.
- Shades of Green: Help Indaenir banish the Shade's corruption in Green's Marrow.
- Striking at the Heart: Defeat the shade of Prince Naemon.
- To Velyn Harbor: Find the Green Lady in Malabal Tor.
- The First Step: Help the Lunar Champions in their first trial.
- To Dune: Head to Dawnmead to walk the Two Moons Path with the next Mane.
- The Fires of Dune: Stop the Daedric invasion of Dune.
- The Moonlit Path: Help the Lunar Champion walk the Two Moons Path.
- Messages Across Tamriel: Help the Great Mage set up an All-Banners meeting in a neutral location.
- The Weight of Three Crowns: Convince all three alliances to invade Coldharbour.
If you talk to her in Vulkhel Guard before starting the quest, she says, "In the name of the Aldmeri Dominion, I bid you welcome! Hmm, was that formal enough? I'm still working on my royal-ese." When you meet her during the quest before the traitor is defeated, outside of the Vulkhel Guard Manor & Treasury, she says, "Fair day, citizen. I'm sorry, I'm making last minute notes for my speech. I'll be happy to talk as soon as I'm done." Later, she'll overhear you arguing with Battlereeve Urcelmo after you share the news of Watch Captain Astanya's treachery.
- Ayrenn: "A moment, Urcelmo. I would hear what this one has to say."
- Urcelmo: "Queen Ayrenn, I fear for your safety. Please, disregard what was said just—"
- Ayrenn: "Razum-dar was mentioned. He acts on my behalf. If you won't investigate, I will."
- Urcelmo: "Apologies, my queen. As you will. You are a capable woman. But you must be wary. You, come with me. We'll investigate the temple together."
If you talk to her again before investigating, she says, "Believe me, I meant what I said. I'd happily go in there myself. But in this dress? And the nobles here would probably lose their minds. Please, friend. I'd see it as a personal favor if you would investigate with the battlereeve." Investigate the temple and defeat Astanya, then return to the queen.
- "Well? What did my protectors find?"
- The plot was real. We fought Astanya and her assassins, and won.
- "Astanya? I can't believe it. No doubt Urcelmo will triple his watch. She truly was an agent of the Veiled Heritance?"
- Yes, my Queen. She said you had betrayed us.
- "Betrayal? She turns against her people after years of service? And she spoke of my betrayal? She obviously could not be trusted. But you have proven your worth."
- What do you mean?
- "The marines are blunt instruments. A queen must have a lighter touch. You've met Razum-dar, first in the Eyes of the Queen. Would you join him? Become an elite agent for the good of the Dominion?"
- I will. I accept your offer, my Queen.
- "Excellent! By what power I hold, I name you an agent in my employ. You are now an Eye of the Queen, bonded to my service. Auri-El keep you safe and Xarxes guard your words."
Complete the quest and receive the Queensguard Greaves.
Talk to her right after the previous quest to receive the next one "Now to look to larger things. I must cement my position, and continue my tour of the isle."
- What would you have me do, my Queen?
- "I must make for the ancient site known as Tanzelwil. Normally, a new monarch communes quietly with the dead. We're supposed to show willingness to heed the wisdom of our ancestors."
- "As you saw today, my reign so far has been anything but normal. I worry there will be complications. And the presence of my newest Eye would assuage that worry."
- Of course. Queen Ayrenn.
- "Make your way to Tanzelwil at your own pace. Seek out my entourage when you arrive. They'll be able to direct you to me. And good luck, to us both, on the road."
- Can we discuss the Veiled Heritance, Your Majesty?
- "As you wish. I'm not sure I know much more than you, at this point."
- Is this the first attempt on your life?
- "I wish I could say yes. Astanya got closer than anyone else has. Subverting a watch captain. I can't believe they'd be so bold."
- What do they want?
- "An end to the Dominion. They want me to step down, to appoint their own regent, for everyone not of High Elven descent to leave the Summerset Isles. The list goes on and on."
- Why are they so against the alliance?
- "They're racists, High Elven supremacists with no understanding of the real world. Short-sighted misanthropes with delusions of grandeur! Bastard throwbacks that should crawl back beneath their rock!"
- Your Majesty, would you mind telling me something about yourself?
- "Oh thank Auri-El. Someone who's not too blinded by my crown to ask a real question. Apologies. Of course, I'd be happy to chat. What would you like to know?"
- How did you gain the throne?
- "My father, King Hideliith of Alinor, passed on to Aetherius. He was a good man. As is my brother, Naemon. I returned to take my father's place, because my lifetime of experience has prepared me, honed me, to be the ruler we need."
- What did you do before you were crowned?
- "Ha. Have you heard some of the rumors? My exploits have been greatly exaggerated, I can assure you. Except the story about the bear. That one's true."
- What prompted you to found the Dominion?
- "To be blunt, the Altmer are too few. Together with the Wood Elves and Khajiit, we have the iron will, the strength of arms, and the depth of character to solve the problems facing Tamriel."
- You think we can save the world?
- "I do. I spent years traveling the face of Nirn. The alliance we've forged is the strongest in the world. I spent months working with the Mane and the Treethanes to create this Dominion of ours. I'm very proud of it."
- Is that where you met Razum-dar?
- "Ha. No, Raz and I met while I was traveling, many years ago. We met in Wayrest. Or was it Whiterun? Something with a "W". The story's a long one, and involves a drunken schoolmarm and a purple velvet dress. Ahem."
Arrive at Tanzelwil, where you find the ancestral spirits in an angered state. Talk to Prince Naemon to complete the quest and start the next one.
In the Name of the Queen
Witness the Queen praying to the ancestors.
- Ayrenn: "We call upon our honored ancestors to pass on their memory and wisdom.
- Ancestral Spirit: "Your ancestors disavow you, false one. The Veiled Queen is the rightful heir, and Norion shall end your reign."
- Urcelmo: "My queen, look out!"
Talk to her after this, and she'll say, "Well, that could have gone better. Maybe it's all that royal "we" nonsense. "We call upon our ancestors." It's all rather condescending, isn't it?"
- Well. You are the Queen.
- "Don't remind me. This ceremony is supposed to show Auridon that I honor our people's culture and heritage. It's supposed to show that our ancestors see me as the rightful heir. I guess our ancestors have ideas of their own."
- Why did that spirit threaten you?
- "I don't know. It mentioned Norion, my advisor. You met him in Vulkhel Guard, I believe. My friend, something has gone wrong here. I hate to ask your aid again, but I must."
- Just tell me what to do.
- "There are two priestesses elsewhere in the ruins, women I trust. If Norion has turned against me, I fear for their lives. Stand with them as they perform their parts of the ceremony. Keep them safe."
- As you say, my Queen.
- "These ceremonies are important to my people, which makes them important to me. I guess."
- What will you do here, my Queen?
- "Continue the rituals, of course. The priestesses are waiting on me. No unquiet dead will keep me from finishing what I began here."
- Why do you have to perform the rituals?
- "It's as I said. The ceremonies are for the people. They've always been a part of crowning a new Altmeri monarch. The people are already nervous about my extended absence. They need to know they can trust me."
- Why are the dead against you?
- "It must be Norion. Thrice-damned skeever that he is, he's also an accomplished mage. To control them so utterly, he must be nearby. I'm sure he'll show his face soon enough."
- Why would Norion turn against you? And who is the Veiled Queen?
- "I've no idea who the Veiled Queen might be. Perhaps the leader of that Veiled Heritance group? And in my estimation, Norion would sell his own mother if he thought he'd get a good price at the market."
- So Norion's treachery is no , then?
- "Norion was a staunch supporter of my father. And after him, Naemon's bid for rule. He was very ... vocal in his disappointment when I returned and took the crown. For Norion, it's all a power game. And I wasn't playing his way."
If you completed the Silsailen objective, you can mention it to her:
- I encountered the Heritance in Silsailen, after I left you in Vulkhel Guard.
- "Truly? I had hoped Astanya led some kind of small splinter group or gave a grandiose name to a group of thugs. If they can strike at a whole town ... get to me here, through Norion. Stars, they're a real threat!"
Help the priestesses at the ritual sites, then return to the queen.
- "My friend returns. Are the rituals completed? Are the priestesses safe?"
- Yes, my Queen.
- "That's a relief. Thank you. Now comes the tricky bit. The final ritual must take place inside the ancestral tombs. Where, I would imagine, the most powerful dead dwell."
Complete the quest for some gold and talk to the queen to receive the next one.
Rites of the Queen
- "I'm afraid we're not finished here. Not yet."
- Why risk your life? Is it that important?
- "If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?"
- Then my place is at your side.
- "I was a warrior before I became queen. I can handle myself. But you're determined. And I know you're foolhardy enough. I would welcome your company."
- It would be my honor.
Accept to go with her, she'll say:
- Ayrenn: "I can handle myself. I was a warrior long before I became a Queen!"
- Urcelmo: "Your Majesty! Let me come with you!"
Before you enter the crypts, she'll talk to her once again:
- "I should warn you. Three coins say Norion is down in the crypts."
- You're sure?
- "Well, no. But to control these spirits so completely, he'd have to be close. The crypt is a winding complex, with plenty of places for quiet spellcasting."
- Are you ready to face him?
- "I'm prepared for anything. If he's sided with this Veiled Queen, he's a traitor. That means we end him, here and now. Are you with me?"
- After you, my Queen.
Enter the catacombs. Meeting some spirits, she'll say, "Ambush! Watch yourself." After defeating them, she'll say one of the following lines:
- "My sword is thirsty!"
- "It feels good to draw my sword again!"
- "I'm glad you're down here, my friend."
- "The things I endure for my people."
- "Don't want to stay down here any longer than we have to."
Arrive at the door to the inner chamber, and she'll say, "Beyond this door lies the Ancestral Chamber at the very heart of Tanzelwil. If I complete the ritual and receive the ancestors' blessings, the people will finally accept me as King Tamlien's heir." Defeat Norion and accept the blessings from the spirits.
- Ayrenn: "Norion got what he deserved. Time this ritual was ended."
She prays at the altar.
- Ayrenn: "May the ancestors bless us with their wisdom and protection."
- Ancestral Spirit: "The ancestors honor your prayers."
- Ancestral Spirit: "May the light of the Eight bless you and guide you."
- Ancestral Spirit: "Let your reign be long and peaceful."
- Ayrenn: "It's finished. Let's get out of this dark place. Follow me."
Exit the catacombs and talk to her once again.
- "You risked everything to help me. I won't forget it."
- Any time, my Queen.
- "You're too modest. Thank you, my brave and noble friend. Until we meet again, wherever the road may take us."
Complete the quest to receive the Eaglebanner Longbow and some gold. Talking to her right after this, you can get some extra information.
- "Go carefully on the roads, my friend. You're a valuable resource to the Dominion. And me, of course."
- Do you have a moment for questions, Your Majesty?
- "Of course, my friend. Our little adventure here has brought up a few questions of my own."
- Are you worried about any of the other courtiers?
- "Worried about them turning like Norion? Hmm. I don't believe so. Norion was old guard, and never very fond of me. Most of the others awaiting us on the road honestly want change."
- How do we deal with the Veiled Heritance?
- "Outright traitors like Norion, we end. No question. The problem is that traitors like Norion are only fanning the flame. If I can't win over my people, the Heritance will be dealing with me instead of the other way round."
- What will you do now?
- "We have dozens of stops along the road, speaking at farms and holdfasts. My next big event is in Skywatch, I believe. They're throwing a festival, and I'm to make a public appearance with my sister-in-law Estre. Always thrilling."
- You and she aren't close, then?
- "There's no love lost there, no. My brother took the news of my return fairly well, all things considered. I'm not sure his wife has it in her to be as forgiving. She wanted to be Queen."
Lifting the Veil
Enter Skywatch Manor to look for Razum-dar, and you will overhear the Queen and High Kinlady Estre discussing the Veiled Heritance:
- Estre: "...can assure you, if the Veiled Heritance is in Skywatch, they will be found."
- Ayrenn: "I believe you, Estre. But the Royal Guard will aid in the search. This is non-negotiable."
- Estre: "Very well. If you will excuse me, Your Majesty, I have much to do."
You could also hear the "Skywatch Noble" calling you to talk to him. Should you talk to the queen first, she'll say, "I bid you welcome to Skywatch."
- It's good to see you again, Your Majesty.
- "I'm glad you're here. I'm happy for the chance to honor Lady Estre. She's my brother's wife, after all. But it all goes in the Font if the Heritance tries something."
- What do you need me to do?
- "No. Not I. We can't be seen discussing such matters, Razum-dar is very close by. Auri-El's scales protect you."
The Veil Falls
After you revealed to him the identity of the Veiled Queen, Raz approaches Queen Ayrenn in Hightide Keep.
- Razum-dar: "My queen, this one apologizes. We must speak with you at once."
- Ayrenn: "Razum-dar? What's going on here?"
- Estre: "What is the meaning of this? Who let that cat in here?"
- Razum-dar: "Our friend here will tell the tale."
Talking to the queen, she'll say, "Speak quickly, please. This could be very bad for both of us."
- My queen, I'm sorry, but you're in danger here.
- "I know. That's why Raz asked you to investigate the Heritance."
- No. Your Majesty. Estre is the Veiled Queen.
- "The Veiled... surely this is a jest?"
- I defeated the Veiled Council and met their leader. Estre used magic to contact them.
- "Estre doesn't even know magic!"
Estre disappears, decidedly magically. "Estre?"
- She escaped, your Majesty.
- "It's all right, my agent. You've done the Dominion a great service today. With Estre exposed, the Veil falls. We'll investigate her staff, her guards. We'll bring them to ground. You have the thanks of a grateful Queen."
You receive the Queensguard Chestplate of the Veiled Heritance.
Talk to her again to receive the next quest. "Estre must pay for this."
- You want me to track down Estre?
- "It's more subtle than that. My campaign will take me through Dawnbreak, but my Eyes tell me the Canonreeve there Sinyon, supports the Veiled Heritance. If Estre has fled, she may seek reinforcements there."
- What do you want me to do?
- "Go to Dawnbreak and speak to Sinyon. Be my Eyes there and make sure it's safe. I can't have Estre disrupting the campaign, and Urcelmo is already pushing through to Firsthold for preparations. Razum-dar and I have much to discuss."
- I'll make sure Dawnbreak is safe.
Talking to her right after this, she says nothing else but "I only hope you're not too late."
Sever All Ties
She is found outside Castle Firsthold after you defeat Estre.
- "The Battlereeve tells me Estre is dead. I mourn her loss. She is the past. And you, our future. Your service to our people has been exemplary. You have proven yourself a valuable asset to the Aldmeri Dominion."
- Thank you, your Grace.
- "Among those who heed my voice, you will be honored and welcome. Our alliance of three peoples is fragile but beautiful. With you at its heart, I'm certain the Covenant and the Pact will learn to fear the eagle's cry."
This completes the quest, you receive Estre's Dreadstaff. Ayrenn is ready to give you the next quest.
The Great Tree
- "High Kinlady Estre may be defeated, but there are still those who would oppose the Dominion. The Veiled Heritance is proof of that. High Kinlord Rilis and I still have our work cut out for us here."
- How could I be of help?
- "The king of the Wood Elves informs me there's some manner of discontent in Elden Root, our capital city. Meet with King Camoran Aeradan and work to end the discord. Once local matters are in hand, I'll meet you in Elden Root."
- How do I get to Elden Root?
- "Travel to Skywatch and look for Captain Jimila. I've heard she's a reliable captain with a fast ship. She can bring you to the port of Haven, which is just south of Elden Root. And if she gives you trouble, tell her I sent you."
- I'll head to Elden Root, your majesty.
Prince Naemon will walk up to the queen after his wife's death.
- Naemon: "My Queen. How may I further the Dominion's goals today?"
- Ayrenn: "Little brother. You're here."
- Naemon: "You only call me that when you've done something you regret. Or expect to regret."
- Ayrenn: "Naemon... then what have they told you?"
- Naemon: "When you snatched father's crown for yourself, you never once called me 'little brother'. Did you know that?"
- Ayrenn: "Please, I must know."
- Naemon: "I heard you declared my wife a traitor, that you ordered Estre's death. Well, she's gone now. Isn't she."
- Ayrenn: "Little brother... I would have told you myself, if I could."
- Naemon: "No regrets, dear sister. You did what must be done, for the glory of the Dominion. How could there be shame in that?"
The Orrery of Elden Root
After making the Orrery operational again, you are ready to attend the ratification ceremony. Inside the elven ruins, you can hear various conversations, one between Ayrenn and Prince Naemon before the ceremony:
- Queen Ayrenn: Little brother, you shouldn't be here for this. Daraneth warned us of the dangers.
- Prince Naemon: I won't turn my back on family. My place is in your shadow, as it has always been.
- Queen Ayrenn: I know this can't be easy for you.
- Prince Naemon: On the contrary. Today the Dominion shall see why a High Elf is fit to lead all of Tamriel.
- Queen Ayrenn: I used to despise your certainty, but today it's... reassuring, oddly enough.
- Prince Naemon: Apology accepted.
If you talk to her here, she says:
- "Prince Naemon says you're to thank for ensuring the ratification ceremony will happen without delay."
- It was no trouble, your majesty.
- "Nonsense, it was a great deal of trouble. It's not something one forgets, especially when one is a queen."
Activate the Orrery with the help of Conservator Daraneth. Before completing it, you can still talk to Ayrenn: "Fascinating! And a bit intimidating. But I suppose you could say that about much of Ayleid construction." As the Orrery is ready to be used:
- Prince Naemon: And now the Ayleid deathtrap will tell us if we have an emperor in our midst. Truly, a momentous day!
- Queen Ayrenn: Naemon, now is not the time.
- Prince Naemon: Ayrenn, there's always time to protect you from yourself. For how could I let you risk your life in this contraption without testing it first, dear sister?
Naemon will try to derive power from the orrery, but will finally turn into an Ogrim and you have to defeat him. Ayrenn will mutter to herself, "What were you thinking?" Talk to her.
- I had little choice, Your Majesty.
- What? No, I.... Why would Naemon do this?
- I made him a part of what we were building, tried to show him this is about more than just "our people." I would have all of Tamriel be our people.
- What did the Orrery do to him?
- What the legend says. It revealed the person within.
- As it will do to me.
- What do you mean?
- Do you think I have a choice in this? I will enter the Orrery, as I swore to the people of the Aldmeri Dominion. I must learn whether I'm fit to lead them.
- And if I'm not....
- Yes, Your Majesty?
- If I'm changed, as my brother was... I can't become a danger to the people I've sworn to lead.
- Do you understand me?
- I understand, Your Majesty.
As she approaches the orrery, she says, "I must not delay." The Orrery does not change much about her, except for adding a kind of radiant effect. Talk to her after she exits the device.
- I'm... myself. Aren't I?
- It appears so, Your Majesty. What did you see in the Orrery?
- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel, beneath an Aldmeri banner. A future I hope to build.
- And you, standing at my side. Come, help me build the future.
This completes the quest and she is ready to give you the next one immediately.
The Staff of Magnus
- "I don't intend to tell anyone what my brother did. As far as I'm concerned, he died trying to help me, not usurp my throne."
- What now?
- "The Staff of Magnus."
- What do you mean? What is the Staff of Magnus?
- "A powerful object with the ability to suppress magic. Dangerous, were it to fall into the wrong hands. Luckily, we already possess it. Go to Marbruk in eastern Greenshade. Speak to Captain Sarandil about securing the staff. I'll follow soon after."
- I'll secure the staff, Your Highness.
Pelidil approaches after you talked to the queen.
- Vicereeve Pelidil: "We heard sounds of battle. What happened?"
- Queen Ayrenn: "There was an accident. My brother gave his life to protect us. He died a hero."
- Vicereeve Pelidil: "I... I don't..."
- Queen Ayrenn: "I will soon go to Marbruk. Vicereeve Pelidil, I want you to travel ahead with my brother's body. You will make the funeral arrangements."
- Vicereeve Pelidil: "Yes... yes, Your Majesty. I understand."
- Queen Ayrenn: "Spare no expense for his funeral. All in the Dominion are welcome. All may pay their respects to a hero."
- Vicereeve Pelidil: "At once, Your Majesty."
You head to Marbruk and find the Staff of Magnus stolen. Outside the Mages Guild, you find the queen with some Royal Bodyguards.
- "Honor and praise, my friend. Do you have the Staff of Magnus?"
- The staff is gone. Vicereeve Pelidil stole it.
- "Pelidil? Then it's true. He's betrayed us. My brother's body didn't make it to Marbruk either. I knew he loved Naemon dearly, but I didn't think he'd stoop to this. I will once again require your aid."
Complete the quest for some gold. If you talk to her again, she says, "The Dominion's enemies strike from within and without. It makes allies like you all the more precious."
Frighten the Fearsome
Right after the previous quest, you find Raz outside the Mages Guild, ready to give you this quest. After accepting the quest, you may talk to the queen again: "Without the aid of the local tribes, our power here will remain weak. I hope the Bramblebreach will be but the first to join us."
- "My friend! It is good to see you, even here. I keep hearing reports out of the March. "Hallowed this" and "the Hallowed did that." Even on the fringes of the Dominion, you make your mark."
- My Queen, we've lost one of the Lunar Champions to the Dark Mane.
- "Yes, I know. Her sister told us a tale of bravery and sacrifice. She said you played an important role... as you so often do. I wish we could offer you a chance to rest and recover. But rest will have to wait for another day."
- "I'm sorry to ask for your service so soon. But after the loss of the Champion at Moonmont your valor could make the difference today."
- What's the situation, Your Majesty?
- "We were on our way to see the Champion walk the Two Moons Path. Then our advance team began to report. Smoke over Dune, the cries of Daedra, and Stonefire cultists in the streets. Javad Tharn has grown tired of waiting, it would seem."
- Where is the Champion?
- "She and a few of our bravest warriors have gone ahead into the city. They're trying to stem the tide of Daedra, ease up the pressure on our troops here. If you will, Hallowed? I'm sure she'd appreciate the help."
- As you say, Your Majesty.
- "Clear the city, end the Daedric threat, and we can meet at the temple. We can usher in a new era of unity for this Aldmeri Dominion."
- May I ask you a few questions, my Queen?
- "So formal! Of course, of course. What would you like to discuss?"
- Are the Colovians still causing trouble?
- "According to reports I've been getting, no. They're still trying to hold the few places in the Northern Woods they managed to capture, but we've pushed them back. Arenthia was their largest victory, and you denied them that."
- Are they still fighting anywhere in particular?
- "I'm still receiving reports of conflict at a ruin called Senalana. Why the Colovians are so keen to hold an Ayleid ruin in the middle of the wood, Auri-El only knows. Those people are beyond me."
- I was at Senalana. I'm sorry about Razum-dar.
(Unknown dialogue results):
- "Raz was... he could be infuriating. Many times, my advisors told me to cut him loose. I never considered it. I and the Dominion will roll along without him, I'm sure. But it will be a little lonelier under this crown."
- "Yes, I have. He won't tell me what you did that has him so irritated, but... he's really annoyed. Kept saying something about following orders? I'm sure he'll calm down soon."
- Have you had a chance to speak to Khali?
- "Yes, I have. She's quite the boisterous woman, seems very capable. But Stars above does she know tactics. We had the most fascinating discussion about the most recent push in Cyrodiil."
- Have you had a chance to speak to Shazah?
- "Yes, I have. She's a quiet woman, seems very thoughtful. But Stars above does she know a lot. We had the most fascinating discussion about the signing of the Elden Accord. And she wasn't even there!"
- Do you think she'll make a good Mane?
- "My friend, I know you've chosen well. The lunar clergy seems to think so, and I find her quite charming. The Khajiiti people are wise and brave in equal amounts. They will grow to love her. I know it."
- How did this all begin?
- "We're still not sure. But we haven't seen any chains, yet. No dark anchors. All the Daedra appear to have come from portals opened in the middle of the districts. I have a problem, though."
- What's that?
- "When the Daedra push into our realm, they create a kind of organic gateway. I saw that firsthand at Firsthold. That hasn't happened here. The portals reach from our side to theirs. That means, somewhere in Dune, there is a traitor."
The Moonlit Path
At the temple of Two-Moons Path she will say "Dune is clear, the city is safe. The Lunar Champion is here. Are you ready to help her walk the Two Moons Path?"
In a vision within the Temple, a flashback projection of Ayrenn will appear:
- Queen Ayrenn: "Mane Akkhuz-ri, it is a pleasure to meet you. The Khajiit and their faith will be the Dominion's bulwark against the darkness."
- Akkhuz-ri: "Thank you, my Queen. May the Bright Moons guide us in our new endeavor."
- Shazah: "I recognize this moment. The day the Elden Accord was signed! The Mane was a good leader, Hallowed. A good soul."
- Khali: "I know this! The day the Elden Accord was signed! The Mane was a good leader, Hallowed. A warrior."
In an alternate timeline vision in the Demi-Plane of Jode, Ayrenn will be battling Battlereeve Urcelmo in "Ayrenn's Last Stand" and yell out "Help me! You're the only one I can trust. Save your Queen!"
Speak to her outside:
- "I just wanted to keep the dream alive. The dream of my Aldmeri Dominion..."
- My Queen, you're hurt.
- "Yes. Badly. Swords can cut... cut pretty deep, it turns out. I feel the wounds in the Dominion much worse, though. Those wounds will be the death of me."
- Is the Dominion truly at an end?
- "Yes. The Wood Elves consumed by rage. The Khajiit, retreated into the desert. And my people... Summerset risen up against me. By the time the Pact and the Covenant arrive on our shores, there will be nothing left to pick apart."
- You'll be all right, my Queen. We can get you to safety.
- "No. I have nowhere I can go. My people have rejected me. Rejected the whole idea of an alliance with other races. The Eagle banner is fallen. I might as well fall too.
- Surely you can fight back?"
- "What reason is there left to fight? We've lost our heart. Our soul. And now, with my death, the body of the Dominion shall fall silent as well. Leave me, please. Let a Queen die with dignity. In silence, and solitude."
- As you command, my Queen.
- "Get out of here! I command you to... just go."
Back at Dune, the real Queen Ayrenn can be spoken to and will comment "Hallowed, thank you for dispatching that treacherous Urcelmo. I... have to admit, I'm going to make jokes at his expense for years off this."
Messages Across Tamriel
At the Temple of Two Moons Path in Dune:
- "We owe you so much. Finally, the Aldmeri Dominion can truly be called an alliance.
But, I'm afraid there's no rest for the heroic. I have a message for you."
Covenant and Pact Version
When you are part of either the Daggerfall Covenant or Ebonheart Pact, you will have to travel to Elden Root with Vanus Galerion to convince her to attend a meeting between the alliances on the island of Stirk. When Vanus approaches her they will fondly reminisce before introducing you.
- Vanus Galerion: "Greatly Esteemed Queen Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri, it is my great honor to present to you …."
- Queen Ayrenn: "Vanus, you're so formal! I remember you the patience you and kindess you showed an awkward freckled waif all those years ago on fair Summerset! You captured this child's heart then, and it remains with you to this day."
- Vanus Galerion: "You warm an old man's heart, my Queen. I remember well those halcyon days."
- Queen Ayrenn: "As do I, my old friend. Sorry about all these guards. I'm told they're necessary. These are dark days."
- Vanus Galerion: "A wise precaution, my Queen. My counsel would be no different. If you'll permit it, my companion would like to speak with you."
- Queen Ayrenn: "Ah yes. Let me meet this hero I've so much about. It's not often the heroic deeds of one who, by all rights, should be considered a mortal enemy, reach my ears. Come, let's talk."
You can then speak with her.
- "Vanus is a dear man. In many ways, he is family to me. Since he has given you his trust, I'm willing to set aside our differences. But under different circumstances, you and I would be sworn enemies."
- My only sworn enemy is Molag Bal, Your Majesty.
- "Well spoken and point taken.
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet you. Your exploits are legendary."
- You've heard of me?
- "A true champion is like a stone cast upon the waters of history. The ripples it creates travel far and wide."
- I'm humbled, Your Majesty.
- "Humility is a noble thing, but you must also remain strong and self-assured. A true champion is also history's pawn, and history is a cruel and unfeeling master.
But enough philosophy. What did you wish to speak with me about?"
- I've come to propose a meeting on the island of Stirk, to discuss an assault on Coldharbour.
- "And you need all three of the alliance leaders to attend this meeting? A bold suggestion. I like it.
Very well. I make no promises with regards to the negotiations themselves, but I will attend. That much, I promise."
After speaking with her you may overhear some words between her and Razum-dar. If you are part of the Covenant:
- Razum-dar: "Tell the lovely Copper Dariah that this one looks forward to seeing her lithe figure in her tight leathers."
- Queen Ayrenn: "Raz! Inappropriate."
- Razum-dar: "This one has no regrets."
Otherwise if you are part of the Pact:
The Weight of Three Crowns
Once the you have arrived at the summit, the talks will begin, however, the tensions between the leaders quickly lead to insults. [verification needed — does the below dialogue change depending on faction?]
- Queen Ayrenn: "We must put aside our differences and work together or this assault is doomed from the start."
- High King Emeric: "How do we know this isn't a ruse? A clever plan to divert out forces while your armies take the Imperial City?"
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "I thought backstabbing was your favorite tactic, Emeric!"
- Queen Ayrenn: "Please! Are you both so arrogant? Your weapons are children's toys compared to the horrors that Molag Bal commands!"
- High King Emeric: "I will not wager the future of my people on the word of snow barbarian and an adolescent female. I fear for Tamriel's future if either of you were to sit upon the Ruby Throne!"
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "Since when do you care about your people? You never lift a finger except to count your gold!"
- Vanus Galerion: "Please, my lords! This bickering is pointless!"
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "What a waste of time!"
- <Jorunn goes back to his camp.>
- Queen Ayrenn: "Obstinate fools, both of you!"
- <Ayrenn returns to her camp.>
- High King Emeric: "What a mess. Apologies, Vanus, but I'm going to check on my Lion Guard."
- <Emeric leaves for his camp.>
Once her discussions with High King Emeric and Jorunn the Skald-King on Stirk are cut short, you will have to convince the leaders to allow the Guilds to fight. You can find the Queen in her camp and her greeting to you will differ depending on your alliance membership.
If you are Dominion she will sound reasonable:
- "Give me a moment to cool down. Talking to those two makes my blood boil.
With our combined strength we might have a chance, but our distrust runs too deep. I fear we'll never reach an accord."
- There is an alternative.
- "Is there? What did you have in mind?"
- We could send the guilds into Coldharbour.
- "Hmm. Perhaps. But we don't know enough about Coldharbour to fully understand what they'd be up against."
- If we can't trust the other alliances, what other option do we have?
- "An excellent point. Very well. If you can convince the other leaders, you have my support."
If you are Covenant, she will instead insist that your respective alliances will not work with each other. But you have the chance to persuade her to consider an alternative.
- "Your King needs to stop talking out of the side of his mouth. He has a lot of Dominion blood on his hands. We're not going to easily forget that, and we're certainly not going to fight by his side in Coldharbour."
- There is an alternative.
- "Is there? What did you have in mind?"
- We could send the guilds into Coldharbour.
- "Hmm. Perhaps. But we don't know enough about Coldharbour to fully understand what they'd be up against."
- [Persuade] I've been there. A small team of fighters and mages might accomplish more than a lumbering army.
- "Well, it's certainly not what they'll be expecting. Very well. I'll agree, if you can convince the others."
- I don't see any other options.
- [Persuade] I've been there. A small team of fighters and mages might accomplish more than a lumbering army.
If you are Pact: needs Pact dialogue
When Molag Bal summons his Daedra to attack the leaders, she will say "This is all they send to kill me? Truly?"
If you speak to her after defeating them, she will say "Everything we've done against the Tharns, everything that's happened to our fragile alliance… was it not enough?"
Once the Daedra have been repelled, Vanus Galerion and Countess Hakruba will call out to the leaders, trying to convince them that there is no more time to waste.
- Vanus Galerion: "Honored leaders! You have seen the face of our enemy!"
- Vanus Galerion: "Molag Bal threatens every living being in Tamriel! The Mages Guild and the Fighters Guild have agreed to join forces to launch an assault on Coldharbour!"
- Countess Hakruba: "Trust in us! Sanction our actions! Give us your blessings! We will not let you down!"
- High King Emeric: "Vanus is right. The Guilds are our best and only choice. Send them to Coldharbour!"
- Jorunn the Skald-King: "I hate to admit it, but I agree with Emeric."
- Queen Ayrenn: "As do I. It appears that much of the distrust between out alliances was sown and nurtured by the God of Schemes."
- Countess Hakruba: "Molag Bal thrives on deception and chaos, but if you'll forgive me, this Alliance War is of your own making."
- Vanus Galerion: "Countess Hakruba. Gather the surviving members of both Guilds in the Stirk Interior. The champion and I will go there new to open the portal."
- Countess Hakruba: "We'll be right behind you, Vanus."
- <Vanus begins to head towards the valley.>
- Vanus Galerion: "The time has come, Champion."
- Countess Hakruba: "Let's go!"
Speaking to her after Vanus Galerion leaves for the portal valley, she will say "I wish I could go with you. I've always wanted to cut down some Daedra on Molag Bal's home turf. But I have confidence you'll get the job done. Good luck."