|Ship||The Perfect Pounce|
|Follower||Order of the New Moon|
- The Dragon's Lair: Investigate a Dragon's lair off the coast of Senchal.
- Reformation: Convince the crew of the Perfect Pounce to join the Dragonguard.
- Uneasy Alliances: Help Nahfahlaar find an old ally.
- Order of the New Moon: Infiltrate the Order of the New Moon and learn more about their intentions.
- The Pride of Alkosh: Investigate the Order of the New Moon's invasion of Pridehome.
- The Dragonguard: End the New Moon threat.
- The Dark Aeon: Infiltrate the island of Dragonhold.
- New Moon Rising: Face Kaalgrontiid at the height of his power.
- The Pride of Elsweyr: Receive your accolades for dealing with Elsweyr's dragon menace.
- Wright of Passage: Help Za'ji retrieve plans to upgrade his ship from a haunted shipyard.
- Escape from Amenos: Please add a description for this quest
- The Ascendant Storm: Please add a description for this quest
The Dragon's Lair
Before speaking to Za'ji in the southern corner of the city (not far from the Senchal Outlaws Refuge entrance), she'll say:
- "Move along, walker. Our captain is in a mood."
After Za'ji has been spoken to:
- "First, our ship is stolen. Then, before we even know where it is, Za'ji agrees to sail a stranger to a Dragon's island.
I should have just rolled over and gone back to sleep this morning."
- Tell me more about yourself.
- "Caska, first mate of the Pounce. Otherwise known as the one who keeps Za'ji from getting us all killed.
If it were up to me, Nartise would have never set foot on our deck. Unfortunately, our bleeding heart of a captain had other ideas."
- Why didn't you trust Nartise?
- "That Dark Elf didn't know a bowline from a clove hitch. It was obvious he'd never set sail in his life, yet he was excited to join our crew. Only a fool wouldn't have been suspicious.
Naturally, Za'ji never suspected a thing."
- Do you think Nartise is in South Guard Ruins?
- "If he's not, we'll find him eventually.
If no one has mentioned it, Senche-rahts are excellent hunters. And I have his scent."
Arrive at South Guard Ruins and you'll find Za'ji and Caska discussing tactics:
- Za'ji: "We must sneak in, Caska! Sneak! You do remember how to do that, yes?"
- Caska: "I remember the last time you tried to sneak somewhere. Did you ever remove all those cactus spines from your arse?"
- Za'ji: "Those cactus spines never stung as much as your betrayal, Caska."
- Caska: "Ah, yes. My third betrayal of the day. But who's counting?"
After you speak to Sai, he will give orders:
- Sai Sahan: "Enough! Do you accept the plan?"
- Za'ji: "It is an excellent plan! We'll circle around to the back, yes?"
- Caska: "And knowing your mouth, we'll alert every pirate in South Guard along the way."
- Za'ji: "What? Za'ji is the epitome of discretion!"
- Sai Sahan: "I'm going to take the lay of the land. I'll meet you at the entrance to the camp."
Za'ji and Caska head towards the ruins.
On the beach on the other side of the ruins, you'll find Nartise in magical chains held by Za'ji while Caska crouches ready to pounce. If you speak to her she'll say.
- "I'd love some time alone with Nartise, but we wouldn't talk. So you should ask the questions."
After you question Nartise, and Za'ji sends him into the ocean, she'll wryly remark:
- "May the Dark Elf fill the belly of many hungry fish."
After you get the plan from Za'ji, Caska will simply say:
- "Make sure you keep up, walker."
Once you and Caska reach The Perfect Pounce, she'll order:
- "Remove that wheel lock or we'll never sail out of here."
Remove the chains and sail the Pounce back to Senchal. Once docked, the rest of the crew will board along with Aeliah Renmus. If you speak to Caska, she'll tell you:
- "It seems the little one has come aboard. Why don't you see what she has to say?"
Before sailing for Tideholm, speak to her and she'll say:
- "You're competent, I'll give you that. Enough to slay a Dragon? We'll see."
- How do you feel about our upcoming Dragon hunt?
- "The odds don't look good. We don't know the island. We have no idea how strong the Dragon is.
We'll have to improvise, and that rarely goes well."
- You don't have to come with us. You could stay in Senchal.
- "And wait for this Dragon to burn the city to the ground?
No, it's better to die fighting than to perish hiding behind a wall. Besides, we're profiteers. We know a thing or two about risk."
- It seems like you're ready for the worst.
- "Someone on this ship has to be. If everyone plans for sunny weather, how will we survive a storm?
Despite the odds, it's not hopeless, though. If we can fight, then there's always a chance we can win."
Once on Tideholm, you'll find Caska, Aeliah, and Sai on the beach. After speaking to Sai, the warrior will address Caska and Aeliah:
- Sai Sahan: "Aeliah, Caska. You're with me. Stick close and prepare to fight."
- Caska: "I'm always ready to fight. Just keep an eye on the little one."
- Aeliah Renmus: "I can take care of myself, you know."
Catch up with your friends, and you'll hear:
- Aeliah Renmus: "Who are these people? And why are they attacking us?"
- Caska: "They are enemies to be defeated. Nothing else matters."
After speaking to Sai, you'll hear:
- Caska: "Be prepared, little one! I can smell them coming."
- Aeliah Renmus: "How many?"
- Caska: "Does it matter? They will die all the same."
After the encounter with Nahfahlaar, you'll find her in the Dragonguard Sanctum at the beach near the entrance to the sea cave:
- "So we have decided to befriend the Dragon now? Well, better than a fiery death."
You must ask her to become a member of the Dragonguard.
- "Our mysterious crew has departed. Those left alive to depart, that is.
They were Dragon cultists, yes? It would certainly explain their choice of garb. This Laatvulon must have an affinity for black."
- Sai Sahan wants to reform the Dragonguard. Will you become a member?
- "Hmm. Very well. I will join your order."
- That was a quick decision.
- "Why would I hesitate?
These Dragons killed many of my people and I cannot fight them alone. So I will help you hunt down the beasts. A simple decision, yes?"
- Good to have you with us, Caska.
- "The Dragonguard were a very strict order, yes? I doubt our crew would do well with too many rules. Perhaps some changes will need to be made."
- Why are you so sure you want to join the Dragonguard?
- "I have faced many enemies. Nothing was too big or too powerful for me to challenge. I didn't always win, but I could always fight.
When the Dragons came, this was no longer true."
- Then why fight them now? Why not run or hide?
- "I would rather die on the sands of Pellitine than hide away on foreign soil. This is a chance to make my stand, I will take it.
Besides, if I thought your cause was impossible, I would have said no."
Order of the New Moon
Speaking to her before seeing Kazahn:
- "Next time you head to Black Heights, don't take Za'ji. Whenever he sees his mother, he whines about it for days.
Luckily, drinks put him in a better mood. Let's just hope it lasts."
After receiving the Crudely Drawn Map, she'll call to you.
- Caska: "Need some help, walker? I'll join you on this hunt."
Speaking to her before leaving the inn:
- "You're on a hunt, yes? I'll join you.
You lead the way. I won't waste my time trying to decipher that mess of a map."
She'll call up to you after you've investigated the attic at the abandoned house.
- Caska: "Their trail ends here."
- Caska: "Walker! You up there?"
- Aeliah Renmus: "Not so loud, Caska! What if the recruiter is still here?"
- Caska: "Don't worry, little one. I'll protect you from the big, bad cultist."
Speaking to her:
- "Find anything?"
- A note. The cult is recruiting at an underground arena in the Black Kiergo.
- "I know the place. You reach it through the Outlaws Refuge, beneath the city. But they don't let just anyone into the Black Kiergo.
If you want to find this recruiter, you'll need my help."
- What makes you so sure they'll let you into the Black Kiergo?
- "It's a fighting ring. I was the reigning champion for six years running. I can get you inside, no problem.
Go on ahead. I'll meet you there."
- All right, I'll meet you in the Outlaws Refuge.
After talking to Caska about what you found in the attic:
- Aeliah Renmus: "Then let's get going!"
- Caska : "Not you, little one. The Black Kiergo is no place for the general's daughter."
- Aeliah Renmus: "Oh, right. I'll head back to the sanctum with Za'ji."
You can ask her more about the Black Kiergo.
- "This cult recruiter expects you to prove yourself, and that won't be easy in the Black Kiergo. Fighters from all over Tamriel come to test their skills in that arena.
Not that any of them were ever a match for me."
- Tell me more about the Black Kiergo.
- "It was once a city district, home to skooma dens and cutthroats. Burned down when the Knahaten Flu hit Senchal.
Of course, places like the Black Kiergo don't just go away."
- So now it's an underground fighting arena?
- "Yes. A place for bored nobles to get their blood pumping and tough warriors to earn some gold.
I wasted six years of my life there, chasing the thrill of battle and the honor of victory. It was brutal, but by the Moons did it make me feel alive!"
- What made you quit?
- "Za'ji. He sought the best fighter in Senchal for his crew. That was me.
At first, I didn't even hear him out. I had gold, fame, a legacy to uphold. But eventually, I realized Za'ji was offering me something greater than all that."
- What did he offer you?
- "A home.
Listen to me prattle on. Let's get going."
Upon approaching the entrance to the Black Kiergo, you overhear a conversation between Caska and the bouncer.
- Do'mazir: "Caska the Unconquered, in the fur! This one knew you would return one day."
- Caska: "I'm not here to fight. We seek entrance, nothingmore."
- Do'mazir: "We? Ah, you brought a friend! Come, friend of Caska. Introduce yourself."
Speaking to her before speaking to Do'mazir:
- "Do'mazir is as stubborn as he is smug. You talk to him."
Speak with Caska again after hearing Do'mazir's terms.
- "This is a bad idea.
Soon as I step into that arena, every fighter will be on me like stink on a nix-ox. They all want a shot at Caska the Unconquered."
- It doesn't sound like we have a choice.
- "Doesn't mean I have to like it.
Fine, I'll fight. Stick close and try not to die, yes? I don't want to have to drag your corpse back to the sanctum and explain what happened to big beard."
- You should tell Do'mazir your decision.
She begrudgingly agrees to fight.
- Caska: "All right, you muskarse. I'll fight."
- Do'mazir: "This one had a feeling you would come around."
When the battle starts, she sounds pumped up.
- Caska: "Let's do this!"
She occasionally comments on the fights.
- Caska: "It's been too long!"
- Caska: "Now this is more like it!"
Speaking to her after you've won:
- "We have the recruiter's attention. I'll leave it to you to seal the deal."
After speaking to the recruiter, return to Caska.
- "Are we in?"
- We're in. I have the location of the cult's fortress in the Tenmar Forest.
- "Good. We get in, we find out what we can, and then we get out. And if we're lucky, we'll find Lahini along the way."
- All right, let's head to the New Moon Fortress.
Speaking to her again, you have the option of asking her about the Black Kiergo once more.
- "I'll meet you at the fortress entrance. And before you ask, no. You cannot ride me there."
- Tell me more about the Black Kiergo.
- Vinbaza: "No pendant, no admittance. Move along."
- Caska: "I told you, I'm waiting for someone. And here they come now."
Speaking to her before speaking with the guard:
- "You still have the pendant, yes? Show it to the nice guard before I get irritated."
After you speak to the trial master inside the fortress, she addresses Caska.
- Trial Master Zayri: "As for our other initiate, you'll take a separate path. Head to the door on your left."
- Caska: "What? Why can't we go together?"
- Trial Master Zayri: "We need to determine individual worth. Unless you'd rather admit defeat ...."
- Caska: "Fine. We'll do it your way."
Note: At this point, you'll get a prompt to speak to Caska, but you cannot enter dialogue.
After speaking to Lahini after completion of your trial, Caska beckons you forth.
- Caska: "Walker! Over here."
- "You found green stones in the quarry, yes? Where you fought Yahgrondu's corpse?"
- Yes. Nahfahlaar said the stone could absorb magical energy and amplify it.
- "They bring the green stone here, to this fortress. The ritual chamber is filled with the stuff. It must have something to do with the ceremony they keep talking about.
We need to observe this ceremony, but not with this group. Too risky."
- What did you have in mind?
- "We take an alternate route.
This doorway leads to the upper balcony of the ritual chamber. It should allow us to observe the ceremony without requiring us to participate."
- All right, let's head to the balcony.
Speaking to her again:
- "Don't follow Zayri. Let's see if there's another path to the great hall."
On the way to the balcony, you pass by a bunch of broken furniture and dead cultists.
- Caska: "I took the liberty of clearing our route. Just watch where you step."
On the balcony:
- Joorahmaar: "You promised us power, Laatvulon."
- Laatvulon: "And you shall have it, my brother."
- Laatvulon: "The New Moon will rise above, and all who obey shall rise with it!"
- Laatvulon: "Relinquish your strength to the aeonstone! Offer your power to our noble cause!"
- Laatvulon: "Your power is mine. Los dii!"
- Caska: "This doesn't look good."
Speak to her.
- "That must be Laatvulon. He's an ugly beast.
He mentioned aeonstone, yes? That must be what they call those green rocks. The trial master spoke about them as well."
- What do you think Laatvulon is doing?
- "Not sure.
Seems he's draining their … strength? Spirit? Something like that. And he's using the aeonstones to do it."
- We should stop the ceremony. It's giving Laatvulon more power.
- "The aeonstone is the problem, yes? We just have to destroy it.
I'll go left, you go right. When we're both in position, we smash the stones. Then we turn tail and get out of here."
- That will definitely attract their attention.
- "Right. So we strike quickly, yes?
There's a few cultists on the balcony, but they seem occupied. Chances are they won't even notice us."
- All right, I'm ready to destroy the aeonstone.
Caska runs over to her stone.
- Caska: "Wait for me to get in position. We should strike at the same time."
When you reach the quarry section of the fortress, she encourages you to keep running.
- Caska: "Keep going!"
When you reach the cliff where the river is, Caska calls out to you from below.
- Caska: "Down here, walker! Jump!"
You must meet up with Caska once you've escaped the fortress.
- Laatvulon: "Where are you, little hunter?"
- Caska: "Good, you made it. I think we lost them for now."
Speak to her.
- "Laatvulon is sacrificing my people to empower himself, by Jode and Jone!
How many must die for this New Moon? Desperate and deceived, giving their lives so the Dragons can destroy us all."
- The cult plans to attack Pridehome.
- "Pridehome? Sounds familiar.
And what about Lahini, the cub we were searching for? Did you find her?"
The following dialogue depends on whether you persuaded Lahini to leave the fortress or not:
- "Then she probably died with the rest of them. What a shame.
We need to report to Sai Sahan. He needs to know about the attack on Pridehome, the aeonstones, all of it. Let's return to the Dragonguard Sanctum."
- "You saved her life, walker. Had Lahini joined that ceremony, she would have died with the rest of them.
We need to report this to Sai Sahan. The attack on Pridehome, the aeonstones, all of it. Let's return to the Dragonguard Sanctum."
- All right, let's return to Sai Sahan.
Speaking to her again:
- "Head to the sanctum and report to Sai Sahan. Moons willing, he has a plan."
The Pride of Alkosh
You must meet her by the shrine, where you'll read The Pride of Alkosh.
- Caska: "Over here, walker. This was written by the Clan Mother. Could be important."
Speaking with her before reading the note:
- "Read the scroll, then we'll talk."
She comments on the situation after you've read the scroll.
- Caska: "Seems there's more to Pridehome than we thought."
Speak with her after reading the note..
- "The Pride of Alkosh. Forgotten Manes who protect the threads of time, hidden away in this modest temple."
- Nahfahlaar mentioned the Pride of Alkosh. He said Laatvulon was afraid of them.
- "Makes sense. The Pride of Alkosh protects Elsweyr in times of great need. Dragons scheming to destroy us all would certainly seem to qualify, yes?"
- Then where are these warriors? Why aren't they defending Pridehome?
- "Wish I knew, walker. We could certainly use the reinforcements.
You should find the Clan Mother and see what she knows. If she's still alive, that is."
- All right, I'll search for the Clan Mother.
Speaking with her again before meeting with Za'ji:
- "You'll find Za'ji farther ahead. He heard some bells and went running off.
Quite bold of him. He may have a big mouth, but he's never been one for a direct fight. Has our little captain finally found his courage?"
- What's the situation, Caska?
- "Not good, if that's what you're asking.
Many of the Moon-Priests are already dead and the cult has spread throughout Pridehome. I'm beginning to wonder what good we can do here."
- We should at least try to learn why the cult attacked Pridehome.
- "Agreed. Whatever they're after, we need to make sure the cult doesn't get it. Even if that's just information.
The Clan Mother should know something. See if you can find her."
Caska chimes in when you reach the temple.
- Sai Sahan: "So much death. What could possibly warrant this massacre?"
- Caska: "Quick, walker! Get to the Clan Mother. We'll watch your back."
- Aeliah Renmus: "You can count on us!"
Speaking to her in front of the temple before seeing the Clan Mother:
- "We'll keep watch. Find the Clan Mother, quickly!"
Speaking to her before speaking with Nahfahlaar:
- "We don't have time to mourn them. All these priests, their bodies left to rot.
Laatvulon wants to rule a kingdom of corpses, and he's succeeding."
After speaking with Nahfahlaar, he flies off.
- Nahfahlaar: "Seek the mask if you wish. I will deal with Laatvulon."
- Za'ji: "Ugh. Another trip to mother's temple."
- Caska: "Oh, no. I am not dealing with another one of your bouts of depression. Aeliah will go."
- Aeliah Renmus: "I will? I mean, of course I will!"
- Sai Sahan: "It's settled. You two will head to Khenarthi's temple and search for the mask."
- Sai Sahan: "Caska, Za'ji. You're with me."
Speaking with him after this discussion:
- "If you discover the location of this mask, don't hesitate. I trust you to follow up on any leads you might find."
Speaking to her after Nahfahlaar leaves:
- "Take care of the little one, walker. I'll do my best to keep the others out of trouble while you're away."
- "Nahfahlaar was lucky we made it here so fast. He was surrounded by at least five other Dragons, but they scattered after we took this one down. Za'ji grounded it himself.
I'd say I'm proud of him, but it was probably sheer luck."
- Do you know if Nahfahlaar is injured?
- "I'm not sure. He fights with the fury of a wounded senche, but that could simply be his way.
Still, despite his confidence, not even Nahfahlaar can stand against such numbers for long."
- I need to find him.
- "Nahfahlaar and his enemies flew out of sight, but the tower may offer a better vantage point.
Za'ji is up there now. Perhaps he saw where they went."
If you speak to her again, she'll say:
- "Let's hope Za'ji is still coherent. I'm sure he's so excited about his first Dragon kill he can barely think straight."
After speaking to Za'ji, and witnessing the dragons fly north, Caska will address you once your back on ground:
- Caska : "I know a hunt when I see one, walker. Find Nahfahlaar before they overwhelm him."
Speak to her and she'll say:
- "We're with you, no matter what comes next. That's what it means to be Dragonguard, yes?"
After you've arrived at Doomstone Keep and assessed the situation, Za'ji and Caska arrive:
- Za'ji : "Have no fear, Za'ji the Dragonslayer has arrived!"
- Caska : "We're never going to hear the end of this …."
Speak to her and she'll say:
- "I've been fighting all my life. For gold, for glory, for sheer enjoyment. But now I fight for something greater. Now I fight for my people and my home.
If I die today, it shall be with blood on my fangs and fury in my claws."
- Do you think we'll be defeated?
- "In the Black Kiergo, the greater the risk, the greater the reward.
That's the game we're playing now, walker. If we win, we save my people from certain destruction. But we're wagering our lives, make no mistake."
- You and Za'ji were able to take down a Dragon before.
- "And I'll admit, it did feel good to take one of those bastards down.
I never knew that Dragon blood ran so hot. Nearly scolded my tongue ripping out the beast's throat."
- Any tips for the battle ahead, Caska the Unconquered?
- "Just the one. Don't die, yes?"
During your battle with Laatvulon, Aeliah, Za'ji, and Caska will enter the fray:
- Za'ji : "Have no fear! Za'ji has arrived!"
- Caska : "We'll handle this rabble!"
- Aeliah Renmus : "We'll cover you! Protect Nahfahlaar!"
Return to the Dragonguard Sanctuary and you'll find Caska on the upper balcony:
- "Congratulations on the win, mask-bearer. Just do not brag about it, yes? I get enough of that from Za'ji."
- How are you, Caska?
- "Not dead, which is better than I expected.
It all worked out though, didn't it? Aeliah protected Senchal, Za'ji became a hero, Sai Sahan ended a grave threat to Tamriel. And you got to be the mighty hero at the center of it all."
- And what about you, Caska?
- "I'm a simple Senche-raht, walker. There was an enemy and I killed it. What greater satisfaction is there?
My only regret was not killing Laatvulon sooner. Many of my people died because of him and his cult."
- The Order of the New Moon did kill many.
- "And all for their own protection. They were too afraid to fight the Dragons that terrorized their land. And so they joined with forces that they did not understand.
And many suffered because of that. I won't forget that."
- We defeated Laatvulon and his cult. They won't kill any longer.
- "But there's still Dragons in Elsweyr. Cruel, terrible Dragons who want nothing more than to kill and destroy and conquer.
And I won't let them. As the Moons are my witness, I'll hunt them all down. Every last one."
Speak to her before starting the epilogue quests, and she'll say:
- "Another day, another Dragon hunt. May their corpses nourish the soil of Elsweyr."
The Dark Aeon
If you start the quest from Aeliah in Senchal or Rimmen, she will be accompanied by Caska and Za'ji.
- Aeliah Renmus: "Finally! Over here!"
- Caska: "Didn't I say we would find them here? Pay up, captain!"
- Za'ji: "Bah! Put it on Za'ji's tab"
If you speak with Caska before Aeliah, she will want to be paid for their services as a messenger.
- "Delivering messages is thirsty work and the grog here is damn expensive. Be a good mate and give us a gold piece."
Once you have spoken with Aeliah and received your summons back to the sanctum, Caska mentions she will return soon.
- "Tell Sai and the sky-lizard not to worry. Caska shall return to the Dragonguard Sanctum all in good time."
After discussed the coming threat with Sai Sahan and Abnur Tharn, Tharn will suggest you speak with Caska about the New Moon Fortress and what you both saw there. She will be opposite Chukka-Jekka and will be irritable as you approach.
- Caska: "Can't a Khajiit nap in peace?"
When you talk with her she will quickly put together what you are planning to do and is quite insightful.
- "Don't you know that interruptions at nap time cause mange of the fur?"
- My apologies, Caska. The New Moon Fortress. Remind me what we found there.
- "You mean other than the cultists that were trying their damnedest to disembowel us?
Wait a moment. You're going back there! What in the Two Moons could possibly warrant a return visit to that awful place?"
- Tharn thinks the cultists have a way to reach an island off the coast. It may be in the fortress.
- "Hmm, now that you mention it, I did hear a few of those nutters mention sending the green stone to an island. And they were certainly sacrificing something on that altar in the amphitheater."
- You think there could be a portal in the amphitheather?
- "I am not a mage. I wouldn't know a portal from a hole in the ground. But that's where they were gathering the green … aeonstone, I think they called it.
If they have a way to move the stone, it must be in the amphitheater. That's where I'd look."
- Thanks for the advice. Sorry to interrupt your nap.
You can ask her more questions.
- "May the Moons protect you on your mission. If you need a helping claw, come find me.
After my nap."
- Have you seen Za'ji and Aeliah lately?
- "I heard Aeliah say something about meeting with the Queen of Anequina, which I take to be some sort of euphemism.
As for the captain, he went to collect his special order. A case of plum brandy. The good stuff. Already storing it away, I'd wager."
After returning from Dragonhold:
- "Did I hear correctly? Did you leave the old wizard alone on the island as it floated into the sky?
Mates don't abandon mates, mate. Bear that in mind the next time we work together."
After the quest:
- "We lost the old wizard and the relatively friendly Dragon? Now we have to rely on just … us? I don't like our chances.
That said, I do want to set paw on that floating island. I can't wait to see what Pellitine looks like from up above."
New Moon Rising
Speaking with her after starting the quest:
- "Queen Khamira? When did Anequina put a Khajiit back on its throne? The state of heralds and couriers these days, it's a wonder we hear anything at all down this way."
After returning from Moonlit cove:
- "Welcome back. Was the Moonlit Cove everything you hoped for? From what Za'ji has described, I don't think I'd find the place to my liking."
While awaiting orders from Sai after talking to Khamira:
- "I'm still waiting to hear how we're going to reach the floating island. Until then, all this rallying of the troops is just a waste of effort."
When Khamira appears after talking Sai:
- "Does the bearded one look tense to you? He look very tense to me. Like a taut string about to snap."
Before you go into Khamira's portal:
- "Did I hear the queen correctly? She doesn't want me to come with you?
Very well. The Dragonguard will remain in reserve until you need us. But I was really looking forward to the view from the floating island."
Speaking with her before Sai after returning from Dragonhold:
- "I heard the aeonstone shard cracking all the way down in Senchal! I wish I could have been up there with you. The battle must have been glorious!"
After the quest:
- Za'ji: "Next time there's a Dragon, Za'ji does not want to be left behind."
- Aeliah Renmus: "I don't recall you jumping forward to challenge Laatvulon."
- Caska: "Now, now Aeliah. The captain always maintains a tactical distance."
- Za'ji: "Tactical distance … right. Za'ji is nothing if not prudent."
Speaking with her:
- "Aeliah was worried about you. Not me, of course. I had every faith in you and Sai. Every faith ….
So, tell me, was the view as spectacular as I imagined?"
The Pride of Elsweyr
You have the option of speaking with her before going to see Nahfahlaar.
- "This Dragonguard … it's good, but it needs work. Luckily, Sai Sahan has me to knock some sense into this sorry bunch."
- What do you mean?
- "The work. The mission. We may have taken out the Dragon clan mothers, so to speak, but there are still a lot of lesser Dragons to deal with. For that, the Dragonguard needs to learn how to fight.
And fighting, that's my specialty."
- So you plan to stay with the Dragonguard?
- "For as long as they'll have me. Me and Captain Za'ji both.
Truth be told, the bearded one handles himself well in battle. I think I can learn a thing or two from him along the way. So, it works out for everyone for me to drop anchor here."
- I think you're right, Caska.
Speaking with her again:
- "The wind's at our backs now and our sails are full. Time to see where it carries us!"
Speaking with her before departing for Senchal:
- "If we're to appear before the queen, then I need a bath. If you'll excuse me …."
When you arrive at the ceremony, your fellow Dragonguard members will call you out.
- Caska: "Look, here comes the slayer of Kaalgrontiid!"
- Za'ji: "Yeah, all seven of them …."
- Aeliah Renmus: "I told you to go easy on the plum brandy."
- Queen Khamira: "Five-claw, come here please."
Speaking to her before Khamira:
- "If the captain embarrasses me in front of Queen Khamira, I am going to bite his head off."
Speaking to her after the ceremony:
- "From pit fighter to pirate to honored by the queen of Rimmen! Caska can barely contain her excitement!
If you ever need my help, walker, don't hesitate to ask."
Wright of Passage
Za'ji will recruit your group to locate Caska in Shipwright's Regret after they were separated during a treasure hunt for ship schematics. She can be found along the wooded trail within the abandoned logging camp after you defeat Foreman Bradiggan:
As you pass through the gates to the overgrown logging camp, Za'ji will be ambushed:
- Captain Za'ji: "Things seem much calmer now, perhaps—"
- <Caska leaps out of hiding.>
- Caska: "<Bestial roar.>"
- Captain Za'ji: "Ahh …! Caska, ah ha ha. Za'ji has found you!"
- Caska: "Might have been sooner if you hadn't run so far."
- <Caska addresses you.>
- Caska: "Thanks for keeping an eye on Za'ji, whoever you are." (First time meeting)
- Caska: "At least you brought someone useful with you. Good to see you again, five-claw." (Met Caska before)
You can then speak with Caska to learn what happened when she and the captain got separated:
- "I could smell Za'ji's craven musk the moment he set foot in the woods. I would have found him sooner if he'd cowered somewhere closer.
Thought he might have swam all the way back to the Pounce."
- What attacked the two of you?
- "Barkskinned beasts and spriggans. They ambushed us near the old mill and now the woods are thick with them. Tough, but they die like anything else if you claw enough.
You ready to snap these twigs and get on with this treasure hunt?"
Caska and Za'ji will run up ahead into the wooded area. While you follow the path on the ground, the pair will move along the upper ledges.
- Caska: "You head down the ravine, I will clear out the upper ledges! Za'ji stay out of the way."
- Caska: "Keep up, Za'ji, or I'll take you by the scruff!"
As you progress, you will see Caska sometimes on the ledges above, taking out the beasts that lurk in the dark. Eventually, you will reach the mill where Caska and Za'ji originally got separated. Managing to speak with Caska before this:
- "The biggest of the tree-things is ahead. Maybe the mother of them all from the way they protect her."
Caska will find the large Spriggan unmoving:
- Caska: "This is where those meddlesome twigs attacked us before. Keep up your guard."
- Caska: "Huh. Looks dead now."
- Captain Za'ji: "Let us have a look at the mill the—ah!"
- <Nazaray starts moving and other spriggans come out of the woods.>
- Caska: "Another trap! I'll hold those beasts off. Kill that damn spriggan!"
During the fight, Caska will hold off the smaller Spriggans, you may hear her shout out the following:
- Caska: "The tree-things keep growing back! Hurry and kill the big one!"
Once Nazaray is killed:
- Caska: "Hmph, overgrown kindling. Za'ji! You all right?"
- Captain Za'ji: "Za'ji is fine! Very itchy, but fine! Also, he found a map! It is brighter past the woods. He will meet you beyond the gate!"
- <Za'ji runs off.>
- Caska: "Wait! Za'ji …! Come on, better get after him."
You have the opportunity of speaking to Caska about Za'ji treasure before following him down the path:
- "Glad to have your help. I might have taken the bark-wench alone, but not with the whole woods trying to kill me and Za'ji.
Let's hope this map he found leads to treasure."
- Do you think Za'ji's treasure is really here?
- "Za'ji has a few talents. Sniffing out treasure is one of them. For all the fools errands he's lead me on, there's been a payout worth the risk."
You can follow Za'ji down the path to the old shipyard. At the steps, a Maormer can be found standing around. Za'ji comes to an obvious conclusion:
- Dreadsail Warrior: "Nothing worse than guard duty …."
- Captain Za'ji: "Sea Elves? Hiyah!"
- <Za'ji runs up and stabs the warrior twice in the back.>
- Captain Za'ji: "They must be here for Za'ji's treasure! We must hurry!"
- Caska: "Of all the luck. Well, where to?"
- Captain Za'ji: "Za'ji's map tells him the master shipbuilder's office should be just over the bridge!"
Speaking with Caska before going down to the shipyard:
- "We've tangled with Sea Elves a few times. Nasty bastards. Show no mercy. They certainly won't."
- Do you think Za'ji's treasure is really here? (Same dialogue as above)
Exploring the shipyard, you will reach the shipwright's office and find the place has already been ransacked. Za'ji will then sea the Dreadsails ship near the lighthouse, and you will need to get there before it leaves. When you reach the square in front of the lighthouse, the Maormer ship will be sailing away. Captain Numirril will leave the ship and move towards you in a column of water:
- Captain Za'ji: "Come back you scaly scallywags! You take what is rightfully Captain Za'ji's!"
- Captain Numirril: "Scavengers? Bah! Take the Lodestones to Dreadsail Reef. I'll make sure these wretches can't follow."
- <Both Caska and Za'ji rush at the Maormer.>
- Caska: "I'd like to see you try—ayyy!"
- <With a gesture, Numirril sweeps Caska and Za'ji over the side into the water. Za'ji manages to get out of the water with his grappling bow>
- Captain Za'ji: "It will take more than that playful splash to keep Za'ji from his treasure!"
Once you have defeated Captain Numirril, Caska will have managed to climb out of the water and advises Za'ji:
- Captain Za'ji: "Ha! We are not drowned so easily fish-Elf!"
- <Runs up to Numirril's body.>
- Captain Za'ji: "Oh, he's dead. And his ship is long gone!"
- Caska: "Za'ji. His pockets."
- <Za'ji crouches down and goes through his pockets.>
- Captain Za'ji: "Yes, these scroll cases bear the shipyard's crest! Caska, Za'ji could kiss you—but he values his unmangled face."
- Captain Za'ji: "But wait—if this is not what they were after, then what was it the Sea Elf was boasting about? How could any Lodestones be more a prize than this?"
Speaking with Caska before completing the quest:
- "Ugh, I'll be hacking that foul water from my lungs for weeks to come."
After you have spoken with Za'ji, you can ask Caska some questions:
- "Damn Sea Elf nearly drowned me with those magic currents. I see Za'ji escaped none the worse for wear. Suppose he is the better swimmer. Not that I'd ever tell him so."
- Are you all right?
- "Unless I catch some foulness from these fetid waters, only my pride has suffered. I would have liked to have batted that Sea Elf around like a frightened jerboa, but I'll settle seeing him beaten and face down in a puddle."
- Do you think this treasure was worth the trouble?
- "Time will be the judge of that, but I trust Za'ji to find use for these designs, or profit if nothing else. I'll do my best to keep him going overboard outfitting the Pounce, lest we find ourselves overladen with dubious doodads."
- What do you think the Sea Elves were after here?
- "That one mentioned something of lodestones, but they must refer to something more than simple compasses. Perhaps there is something among the designs Za'ji found to make sense of it."