|Location||South Guard Ruins|
Nartise Merys is a Dark Elf found in South Guard Ruins. He is suspected of stealing The Perfect Pounce from the smuggler, Za'ji. You and Sai Sahan go in search of him in order to get use of Za'ji's ship.
- The Dragon's Lair: Investigate a Dragon's lair off the coast of Senchal.
Quest Related Events
Enter the Desolate House and Nartise will scream and lock himself in the Escape Tunnel.
- Sai Sahan: "That's one way to catch a thief."
- Za'ji: "Walkers, good to see you! Look who Za'ji found! Why don't you say hello?"
- Nartise Merys: "Please, Za'ji! Don't let Caska rip out my throat!"
- Sai Sahan: "I'll stand guard while you interrogate Nartise."
Speak to him and he'll confess:
- "All right, all right, I admit it! I stole the Perfect Pounce and brought it here to South Guard.
But I no longer have the ship. I don't!"
- What do you mean you no longer have the ship?
- "I sold the ship! To Admiral Irathi.
But they haven't set sail yet! The ship is still berthed on the south docks. Irathi hasn't even finished loading up the slaves."
- So you sold the ship to a slaver?
- "I … did I say slaves? Silly me. I meant cargo. They're loading cargo. I would never sell a Khajiiti ship to a slave trader."
- It's going to be pretty obvious if you're lying.
- "All right, yes, Irathi is a slaver. But I swear, I didn't know that until after I sold her the ship!
Please, you have to believe me. I'm innocent here!"
- We'll see about that.
After you finish speaking, Za'ji literally throws him into the ocean and is never seen again.