Halls of Colossus
|Gold, Overland set Superior or Epic jewelry, Half-Digested Adventurer's Backpack, Half-Digested Document Pouch, Wax-Sealed Heavy Sack, Dragon's Bile, Dragon's Blood, Dragon's Pellet, Dragon's Treasure|
Dragons are a rare race of fearsome reptilian beasts. They are considerably large, standing much taller than the average mortal. They possess large clawed wings that enable them to fly, and an affinity for magic, which is sees use in combat through various spells and shouts. Their status as powerful beings is not to be understated, as they are divine children of Akatosh who are specially attuned to time, possessing unique souls and never aging, allowing them to live for millennia on end. They were commonly thought to have been extinct, as many of the dragons were hunted in the past, until a rage of dragons was released from the Halls of Colossus, beginning the Season of the Dragon.
Dragons can be fought at Dragonscour hunting Events, found at various sites in the zones of Northern Elsweyr and Southern Elsweyr. Dragons fought in Northern Elsweyr will fly around the area of the dragonscour, while dragons in Southern Elsweyr move to farther parts of the zone, and can fly off to a different area if not defeated. Given their powerful nature, it is recommended to fight them in groups to successfully to down the beasts. They drop various valuable rewards upon death.
Dragons also serve as the bosses certain dungeons and as the foes of the Sunspire trial. Several unique dragons are fought during the course of the Elsweyr zone story as well. Certain unique dragons (i.e. Sahrotnax) will be friendly during certain quests, though they are often fought as part of the story later on (such as Mulaamnir), and may even be fought multiple times (such as Kaalgrontiid and Bahlokdaan).
- Dragon Hunt: Hunt down three dragons spotted near their hunting grounds.
Skills and Abilities
- Flame Aura
- A constant AoE that surrounds the underside of a dragon, causing flame damage if entered.
- A melee attack that causes bleeding.
- Wing Thrash
- A melee attack where a dragon slashes targets on its side with its wing.
- Tail Whip
- A melee attack where those facing the backside of a dragon are whacked by its tail, being knocked back.
- A charged-up melee attack that one-shots, but can be blocked to negate damage
- Earth Spike
- Balls of fire fly around, and rocky spikes of magma rise up from the ground and deal flame damage wherever they land. (most often used by gray dragons)
- Explosive Spike
- Explosions caused if a earth spike is walked by and detonated, causing high flame damage.
- A ranged attack where a single fireball is directed towards a target. Can be roll-dodged or blocked.
- Fiery Remnant
- A lasting effect from being hit by a fireball that deals fire damage over time
- Incendiary Winds
- Small flaming tornadoes that are cast and move outwards when wing thrash is used, causing AoE damage to those caught in them
- Unrelenting Force
- A charged-up attack where a dragon shouts in a direction, those in the way of the shout will be knocked back, taking damage from the forceful impact as well.
- Forceful Impact
- Knockback from unrelenting force that causes stunning
- Fire Breath
- A flight-based attack where an airborne dragon flies over and breathes fire in a straight line, incinerating those caught in its grasp.
- Flame Trail
- The left-over fire from a fire breath attack.
- Meteor Storm
- Brimstone flies down from above and causes fire damage to those caught in the AoE circle where it lands (most often used by red dragons)
- Scorched Earth
- Fire damage from areas where meteors land
- Sweeping Breath
- Fire is sprayed in a curved path near the dragon's mouth
- Bursting Fireball
- When airborne, the dragon shoots fireballs on the ground, which burst in a circular area wherever they land.
- Summon Iron Atronachs
- Two elite iron atronachs are summoned. (most often used by black dragons)
- Summon Flame Wyrms
- Multiple Flame Wyrms are summoned.
- Summon Fire Atronachs
- Multiple elite Fire Atronachs are summoned. (most often used by red dragons)
- Bahlokdaan, a grayish-green dragon following Kaalgrontiid
- Joorahmaar, a servant of Laatvulon guarding an aegis
- Kaalgrontiid, a green dragon, who leads the rage of dragons freed from the Halls of Colossus
- Laatvulon, a mighty dragon who leads the New Moon cultists and threatens Pellitine
- Lokkestiiz, a white frost dragon who has taken residence in the Sunspire
- Maarselok, an infectious dragon causing the azureblight in the Lair of Maarselok
- Mulaamnir, a blue lightning dragon following Kaalgrontiid
- Nahfahlaar, a red dragon and enemy of Laatvulon who allies himself with the Dragonguard
- Nahviintaas, a golden dragon who has taken over the temple of Sunspire
- Sahrotnax, a blue dragon who has been captured in Moongrave Fane
- Thurvokun, a bone dragon raised in Fang Lair
- Vahlokzin, a gray dragon guarding the Horn of Ja'darri in a dormant volcano
- Yahgrondu, a dragon with a sworn oath to Nahfahlaar
- Yolnahkriin, a red dragon who has taken residence in the Sunspire
- Prowl's Edge Dragonscour — A dragonscour spawn point east of the Prowl in the northwestern part of Northern Elsweyr.
- Sandblown Dragonscour — A dragonscour spawn point northeast of Red Hands Run in the southeastern part of Northern Elsweyr.
- Scab Ridge Dragonscour — A dragonscour spawn point southeast of Cicatrice in the southwestern part of Northern Elsweyr.
- North Dragonscour
- South Dragonscour
- Sunspire — An ancient temple of Alkosh found in Northern Elsweyr.
- Moongrave Fane — A group dungeon in the ancient ruins of a forgotten Khajiiti faith.
- Lair of Maarselok — A group dungeon within the mountain valleys of Tenmar, is entered from a lake northeast of the Ossuary of Telacar.
- Halls of Colossus — Ancient subterranean vaults located along the southern coast of Elsweyr.
- Star Haven Adeptorium — A settlement housing the religious adepts in Elsweyr.
- Defense Force Outpost — A military outpost found in northern Elsweyr.
- Sleepy Senche Mine — A disused limestone mine found in Elsweyr.
- Riverhold — A small town in the northern part of Northern Elsweyr, at the border to Cyrodiil.
- Rimmen Palace — The residence of the ruler of Rimmen.
- Shadow Dance Ruins — The remnants of an ancient Khajiiti shrine in Northern Elsweyr.
- Moon Gate of Anequina — A striking locale located east of the Valenwood Gate in Northern Elsweyr.
- Jode's Core — A Khajiiti temple on the Plane of Jode, only accessible through the Moon Gate of Anequina during a lunar eclipse.
- Vahlokzin's Lair — A dragon lair in a dormant volcano on the coast of Southern Elsweyr, occupied by Vahlokzin.
As part of the Dragon Rise event, red dragons (sharing Yolnahkriin's textures) are found flying around the following cities. They are purely aesthetic and cannot be fought or otherwise interacted with:
- Bone Dragons, the reanimate remains of dragon skeletons
There are also some imitations of dragons:
- Clockwork Titans, big factotum titans made by Sotha Sil
- Daedric Titans, four-legged daedra created by Molag Bal
- Dragon Imps, clever Illusion Imps disguised as dragons
While generic dragons do not have their dialogue listed in subtitles, their various shouts are spoken in the Dragon Language:
|Al Gron Nok||Destroyer Bind Lie|
|Bex Miir Kein||Open Allegiance War|
|Bo Het Lo||Fly Here Deceive|
|Dey Rah Zaam||False Gods Slave|
|Diil Qoth Zaam||Undead Tomb Slave|
|Diiv Mir Tah||Wyrm Allegiance Pack|
|Du Kun Shaan||Devour Moonlight Inspire|
|Fus Ro Dah||Force Balance Push||Unrelenting Force|
|Gaan Lah Haas||Stamina Magicka Health|
|Gaar Toor Nah||Release Inferno Fury||Cataclysm (Yolnahkriin)|
|Golt Mah Nos||Ground Fall Strike|
|Jiid So Daan||Moon Sorrow Doom||Meteor Storm|
|Jol Fus Daal||Unsteady Force Return|
|Jud Hof Liik||??? ??? ???|
|Kren Qeth Gol||Break Bone Earth|
|Kriid Iiz Gron||Slayer Ice Bind|
|Lok Diil On||Sky Undead Spirit|
|Mul Bah Rein||Strong Wrath Roar|
|Nel Jaag Moh||??? ??? ???|
|Qeth Krii Gol||Bone Kill Earth||Earth Spike|
|Rii Vaaz Bex||Essence Tear Open|
|Riis Thaan Kohg||??? ??? ???|
|Roth Nihn Fey||Vine ??? Grove|
|Sos Jiid Viin||Blood Moon Shine|
|Sov Ag Slen||Shock Burn Flesh|
|Strun Bah Qo||Storm Wrath Lightning|
|Tiid Grah Kron||Time Battle Conquer|
|Tiid Klo Ul||Time Sand Eternity|
|Vah Yol Ron||Spring Fire Rain||Fire Storm (Nahviintaas)|
|Viir Su Pook||Dying Air Stink|
|Wiix Lo Feim||Trap Deceive Fade|
|Zey Qeth Lok||??? Bone Sky|
There are three achievements associated with killing Dragons:
|Dragon Killer||5||Kill 1 Dragon in the wilds of Northern Elsweyr.|
|Dragon Stalker||10||Kill 25 Dragons in the wilds of Northern Elsweyr.|
|Dragon Hunter||15||Kill 50 Dragons in the wilds of Northern Elsweyr.|
There are three achievements that involve completing the Dragon Hunt quest a number of times.
|Dragon Chaser||5||Complete 1 Dragon daily quest for Battlereeve Tanerline in Northern Elsweyr.|
|Dragon Slayer||10||Complete 10 Dragon daily quests for Battlereeve Tanerline in Northern Elsweyr.|
|Dragon Exterminator||15||Complete 30 Dragon daily quests for Battlereeve Tanerline in Northern Elsweyr.|
There is one achievement with killing Dragon's summoned minions. Flame Atronachs are only summoned by Red Dragons six at a time, while Iron Atronachs are only summonable by Black Dragons two at a time. Both summon Flame Wyrms two at a time.[verification needed]
|Draconic Minion Murderer||10||Kill 100 Flame Wyrms, Fire Atronachs, and Iron Atronachs while battling Dragons in the wilds of Northern Elsweyr.|
- Meteor Storm was previously seen in Skyrim as the shout Alduin used to burn down Helgen.
- The red and black color scheme for generic dragonscour dragons is a reference to the two types dragons mentioned in Mysterious Akavir.