This article is about the city on Auridon. For the NPC, see Vulkhel Guard (NPC).
Vulkhel Guard is a port city at the southern tip of Auridon. It is ruled by Canonreeve Nesaranwe. The Queen has planned a visit here as one stop on her tour around Auridon, and Watch Captain Astanya is working frantically to prepare.
Vulkhel Guard contains all the necessary services for a large city, including crafting stations, a bank, and chapters of the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild, arranged into four districts. In the center lie the manor house, which has a Skyshard on the middle balcony, and temple, where Queen Ayrenn and her entourage are starting their tour of Auridon. To the west is the main marketplace and guildhalls, while the residences and guard barracks can be found around the Wayshrine in the east. In the south lies Vulkhel Docks, where those wishing to visit Khenarthi's Roost can arrange transport with Sugar-Claws, and characters can take a ship to Daggerfall or Davon's Watch. Vulkhel Guard Lighthouse is just outside the city to the northeast.
If you head south from the wayshrine, you'll come across the Harborside Market, which lies on the beach between the city and the docks. There is a cooking fire and a Basic Provisioning Guide across from the general store.
- Vulkhel Guard Objective: Support the City Watch in Vulkhel Guard. / You foiled an assassination attempt on Queen Ayrenn.
- Ache For Cake: Gather ingredients for a special anniversary cake.
- Aicessar's Invitation: Visit the local Fighters Guild.
- Anchors from the Harbour: Find two Guild members who were investigating Dark Anchors.
- Chasing Shadows: Locate the agent of evil lurking in a nearby city.
- Crafting Certification: Meet the master crafters and become certified in your chosen professions.
- Curinure's Invitation: Visit the local Mages Guild.
- Dead Weight: Help Mirri Elendis free her mother from filial duty and recover a stolen Dwarven relic.
A Friend In Need: Track down the deed to an inn room.(disabled since Update 16)
- Room to Spare: Obtain the deed to an inn room.
- Invitation to Orsinium: Escort a supply caravan to the Wrothgarian city of Orsinium.
- The Jester's Festival: Join in the frivolities of the Festival of Fools.
- Long Lost Lore: Recover books from a local ruin and uncover the secrets of its author.
New in Town: Help retrieve some outstanding debts.(disabled since Patch 1.0.1)
- Of Knives and Long Shadows: Protect the scryers of the Order of the Eye from their own shadows.
- Springtime Flair: Cheer up Auridon's locals on behalf of your "queen".
- The Tharn Speaks: Help the Chancellor uncover some new information at a Worm Cult lair.
- Unaccounted Crew: Help track down a captain's missing crew members.
- The Weight of Three Crowns: Convince all three alliances to invade Coldharbour.
- Reeling in Recruits: Help recruit new adventurers for Cyrodilic Collections' expeditions to Murkmire.
Shops and Services
- Abecean Saddle Company — The stable in Vulkhel Guard.
- Aegis of Auri-El — A store in Vulkhel Guard that has many merchants.
- Brightsteel Armory — A shop in Vulkhel Guard housing a weaponsmith and a woodworker.
- Carillda's Crates — A guild trader kiosk run by Carillda, located on the bach near Vulkhel Docks.
- The Crystal Vial — An enchanter/alchemist's shop in Vulkhel Guard.
- Fighters Guild — The Vulkhel Guard branch of the Fighters Guild.
- Gladiator's Quarters — The battlegrounds quarters located near Harborside Market in Vulkhel Guard.
- Guard's Forge — A smithy in Vulkhel Guard.
- The Handy Haversack — A pack merchant store in Vulkhel Guard.
- Harborside Market — A merchant tent at the Vulkhel Docks.
- Mages Guild — The Vulkhel Guard branch of the Mages Guild.
- Rededication Shrine — A shrine to Mara located in Vulkhel Guard.
- Salted Wings Tavern — The inn in Vulkhel Guard.
- Starfall Arcana — A mystic's shop in Vulkhel Guard.
- Timber & Tools — A carpentry in Vulkhel Guard.
- Vulkhel Guard Manor & Treasury — A manor in Vulkhel Guard that contains the town's bank and administration.
- Vulkhel Guard Outlaws Refuge — An outlaws refuge hidden beneath Vulkhel Guard.
- Transport Services
- Caravan: Ambassador Lazgara (Wrothgar)
- Vulkhel Docks — The transportation hub for the city of Vulkhel Guard.
- Jubilee Bakery Barge — A boat found at the Vulkhel Guard docks.
- Mara's Kiss Inn Room — A player room in Vulkhel Guard.
- Midyear Mayhem Celebration — A Midyear Mayhem event hub run by Predicant Maera out of the Vulkhel Guard Gladiator's Quarters.
- Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine — Located at the northern entrance of Vulkhel Guard.
- The Worm's Retreat — A Worm Cult base located beneath Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall and Davon's Watch.
Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine is located just inside the northern entrance to the city, north of the docks and east of the manor. This wayshrine is unlocked as soon as you arrive on your alliance's starter island after escaping The Wailing Prison.
† This person has been removed from the game.