Crafting Writs are repeatable quests available to any certified crafter who is at least level 6. Crafting Writs can be accepted from writs boards located in major towns and cities. Accepting a writ begins an associated quest. Successful completion of a crafting writ will reward experience, gold, a consumable box of supplies, and inspiration for that profession. One writ for each profession may be completed per day. Daily writs reset at 0600 GMT (in your local time).
Below is a list of Crafting writ boards and quartermaster locations. Master Writs can only be dropped off in the capital city of an alliance. Some cities offer better placement of pick-up/drop-off points, stations and the bank (if needed) - resulting in faster completion of numerous writs. Notable locations are highlighted:
|Abah's Landing||Hew's Bane||N/A||-|
|Alinor||Summerset||Both writ boards and the drop-off point close to all crafting stations. All outdoors. Bank a short distance away.|
|Elden Root||Grahtwood||Most crafting stations are together, but indoors. Master Writ drop-off|
|The Hollow City||Coldharbour||Does not have alchemy and enchanting stations until they are unlocked by quests. The Hollow City is a good choice for people who have bounties on Tamriel, as there is no Justice system in Coldharbour.|
|Mournhold||Deshaan||Both writ boards and the drop-off point close to every crafting station. Bank is some distance away. Master Writ drop-off.|
|Rawl'kha||Reaper's March||Boards, Crafting Stations, Bank, Drop-off, and even Stables, are some the closest ones together in the game. All near the Wayshrine.|
|Rimmen||Northern Elsweyr||Boards and all crafting stations are close together and outdoors, drop-off is a bit further away.|
|Shornhelm||Rivenspire||Armor and weapons writ board, the bank and drop-off point all very close to every crafting station. All outdoors. Consumable writ board and stations on the other side of town.|
|Stormhold||Shadowfen||Both writ boards and the bank close to every crafting station. Drop-off point a short distance away. All outdoors.|
|Velyn Harbor||Malabal Tor||Occupied by hostile Drublog invaders until you complete some quests.|
|Vivec City||Vvardenfell||Both writ boards and the bank very close to every crafting station. Drop-off point nearby. All outdoors.|
|Wayrest||Stormhaven||Master Writ drop-off located outside northeast exit of Wayrest. Consumable Crafting Writs board located outside Chironasium (south Wayrest)|
To accept crafting writs, you must first become certified in your chosen professions. The certification process involves a short quest where you are required to craft an item for a master crafter NPC, and serves as a tutorial to the crafting systems. If you are already an established crafter, and have reached Rank 10 in a particular crafting skill line, you can skip the tutorial section and become certified immediately.
All certifications require level 6.
- Crafting Certification: Meet the master crafters and become certified in your chosen professions.
- Alchemist Certification: Gain certification in the Alchemy profession.
- Blacksmith Certification: Gain certification in the Blacksmithing profession.
- Clothier Certification: Gain certification in the Clothing profession.
- Enchanter Certification: Gain certification in the Enchanting profession.
- Jewelry Crafting Certification: Gain certification in the Jewelry Crafting profession. (this certification requires access to Alinor in Summerset)
- Provisioner Certification: Gain certification in the Provisioning profession.
- Woodworker Certification: Gain certification in the Woodworking profession.
The following is a list of daily crafting writ quests that can be picked up at writ boards. These writs are relatively straightforward and inexpensive to complete. Arms and armor are always requested at the lowest quality, with no additional trait and can be created at regular Crafting Stations.
Consumables Crafting Writs
- Alchemist Writ: Fulfill a contract to deliver alchemical products.
- Enchanter Writ: Fulfill a contract to deliver enchanting items.
- Provisioner Writ: Fulfill a contract to deliver provisioner items.
Equipment Crafting Writs
- Blacksmith Writ: Fulfill a contract to deliver blacksmithing goods.
- Clothier Writ: Fulfill a contract to deliver clothing goods.
- Jewelry Crafting Writ: Fulfill a contract to deliver Jewelry Crafting goods.
- Woodworker Writ: Fulfill a contract to deliver woodworking goods.
Crafting Survey Reports
The rewards for fulfilling crafting writs, except Provisioner writs, may randomly include Survey Reports, which are similar to Treasure Maps. When you receive one, a collection of six high-yield gathering nodes are added to a specific location, identified by the symbol on the map. These high-yield nodes do not appear unless you have the corresponding survey. It is possible to be rewarded with the same report multiple times. If this occurs, the nodes will respawn, but possibly with a different configuration of materials.
You can receive surveys for any zone, including zones you have never visited. (Though you will not receive surveys for Wrothgar or Vvardenfell if you do not have access to the relevant DLCs.[verification needed])
Provisioners do not receive survey reports, and instead have a chance of being rewarded Recipes when they turn in writs.
Master writs are special writs that can be rewarded to you after completing a normal top-tier writ. These are sealed requests that require you to create a master item, for example a Sealed Alchemy Writ. Unlike regular writs, the requested master item can be of purple or gold quality, include a trait and may require rare ingredients or components. Arms or armor writs typically ask for the piece to be crafted in a specific craftable set. Crafting such items require special crafting stations that can only be found at Crafting Sites across the world, or having access to an appropriately attuned crafting station in a player home. They also require the items to be crafted in a specific style; the style must be learned and the style material acquired.
Once master writs are accepted, they are entered into your journal as quests and the writ item disappears from your inventory. Care should be taken before accepting a master writ quest to make sure you have the skills, researched traits or any other requirements to complete it. Only one type of master writ quest can be accepted at any one time, and they cannot be abandoned and re-accepted like other quests. There is no daily limit or cooldown on Master Writs. Below is a list of each possible quest:
|Alchemy||A Masterful Concoction: Concoct a specific Alchemical product.|
|Blacksmithing|| A Masterful Plate: Forge a specific Heavy Armor.
A Masterful Weapon: Forge a specific metal Weapon.
|Clothing|| Masterful Leatherwear: Sew a specific Medium Armor.
Masterful Tailoring: Sew a specific Light Armor.
|Enchanting||A Masterful Glyph: Craft a specific Enchanting glyph.|
|Jewelry Crafting||Masterful Jewelry: Craft a specific piece of Jewelry.|
|Provisioning||A Masterful Feast: Cook up a specific Provisioning product.|
|Woodworking|| A Masterful Shield: Construct a specific Shield.
A Masterful Weapon: Construct a specific wooden Weapon.
Generally, the more complex and expensive the writ, the more vouchers you will receive. The lowest reward possible is 2 Writ Vouchers for a relatively simple and inexpensive alchemy potion. The highest reward can be several hundred Writ Vouchers for Jewelry writs, which themselves are extremely expensive to craft. Ultimately, low-reward alchemy and enchanting master writs can be more cost-effective to complete than high-reward armor, weapon and especially jewelry writs due to the cost of materials and tempers.
Sealed Master Writs can be traded or transferred between characters, but the requested item itself must be crafted by the character that accepted the Master Writ quest. Requested items cannot be traded between characters to complete the quest.
During certain events, special festival writs have a chance to drop from event loot boxes. Writ rewards can vary between 1 and 20 Writ Vouchers, making this an opportunity for players who cannot complete Master Writs to obtain vouchers.
- Witches Festival Writs — Witches Festival Writs were available during the 2019 and 2020 Witches Festival and required players to create Witches Festival themed food or drink.
- New Life Charity Writs — New Life Charity Writs were available during the 2018 New Life Festival and required players to create a dozen simple furnishings.
- Deep Winter Charity Writ — Deep Winter Charity Writs were available during the 2019 and 2020 New Life Festivals and required players to create a dozen simple furnishings.
- Imperial Charity Writ — Imperial Charity Writs were available during the 2020 New Life Festival.