City of Ash I
High Kinlady Estre is a vassal of his, and offers up her soul to him following the Veiled Heritance's repeated defeats, in exchange for Daedric reinforcements. Under his command, she has desecrated Torinaan, pillaged Dawnbreak, and led an invasion of Firsthold, where she is defeated in The Refuge of Dread of the Deadlands.
A cult of his worshipers led by Razor Master Erthas led an attack on the settlement of Whisper Grove, where it has now become the City of Ash. Following Erthras' death, he puts an end to the invasion in exchange for Gilraen, who becomes the holder of the Mehrunes Razor. Her husband Fingaenion later hires the Undaunted to travel into the Knives of Discord region of the Deadlands in City of Ash II.
For more information, see the lore article.
- Blessings of the Eight: Help the Torinaan clergy cleanse their holy sites.
- Razor's Edge: Drive back the Daedra from a burning Bosmeri city.
Blessings of the Eight
- Estre: "Lord Dagon, my family has been ever faithful. Now, in my hour of need, I request your aid."
- Mehrunes Dagon: "Your plot's exposed. Your supporters, crushed. And you come crawling to your lord. What do you have left to offer me?"
- Estre: "Anything! Everything! I offer my very soul if it means I have power! The power to rule!"
- Mehrunes Dagon: "So be it. I imbue you with a taste of my true power. Corrupt the shrines in Torinaan. Then, move on to Firsthold."
After you complete the quest, Mehrunes Dagon speaks to Gilraen:
- Mehrunes Dagon: "I'm beside myself. You truly believe you've won. I didn't expect your little friends there could kill Erthas. But I stand corrected. All this trouble because of one Bosmeri woman. You are Gilraen, of the Whisper Grove, are you not?"
- Gilraen: "I am.
- Gilraen: Are you... Mehrunes Dagon?"
- Mehrunes Dagon: "It was you who rallied this peasant village to contend with me. Fascinating that a mortal could be so troublesome.
- Mehrunes Dagon: I need a replacement for your Erthas. Come. Meet with me, and I will close this Oblivion gate, spare your people."
- Gilraen: "I think...I think I have little choice. Tell the others to get as far away from here as they can."
She runs into the gate, and it closes behind her.