Online: City of Ash II
- Nature has returned to reclaim the City of Ash. An unsealed portal still threatens, and only a few remain to defend against it.
|# of Zones||1|
|Green's Marrow, Greenshade|
|Veteran Speed Run Target||30 mins|
See also: City of Ash I
- Return to Ash: Enter the Deadlands to rescue a failed invasion force.
- Pledge: City of Ash II: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the City of Ash II.
Veteran City of Ash Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Veteran City of Ash.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
City of Ash II
- Various Dremora
- Venomous Skeleton
- Xivilai Immolator
- Xivilai Ravager
- Flame Atronachs
- Flame Colossus
- The Xivilai Rukhan and his two Dremora assistants Akezel and Marruz
- Urata the Legion, a Dremora mage
- Xivilai Boltaic, one of two guardians blocking the bridge to Skoria
- Xivilai Fulminator, one of two guardians blocking the bridge to Skoria
- Horvantud the Fire Maw, a large daedroth
- Ash Titan, a daedric titan
- Valkyn Skoria, a high ranking Dremora
Hard Mode is only available in the Veteran version of City of Ash II. When you get to the final boss fight against Valkyn Skoria, you have the option to activate a book called the Frigid Tome, located on a small island inside the fighting arena. Activating the tome will display the following:
- <This tome is biting cold to the touch, and lies open to a page that reads, "For those mortals wishing to make a Pact—speak the words, in your own frail tongue, 'come slow and bring four keys.'">
- Come slow and bring four keys.
Activating the tome will cause a blinding flash of light and will result in two of the four platforms being destroyed prior to beginning the boss fight. If your group dies, the arena will be reset and the Frigid Tome will need to be activated again to reenable Hard Mode.
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Magicka
|City of Ash||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
|City of Ash||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 28-1206 Maximum Health
|City of Ash||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 34-1487 Spell Penetration
|City of Ash II||Monster Helm Sets|
There are several Achievement associated with this dungeon:
|City of Ash II Vanquisher||10||Defeat Horvantud the Fire Maw, the Ash Titan, and Valkyn Skoria in City of Ash II.|
|City of Ash II Conqueror||15||Complete Veteran City of Ash II by defeating Horvantud the Fire Maw, the Ash Titan, and Valkyn Skoria.||Sigil Orange|
|Easy as Pie||5||Explore the culinary traditions of the Dremora.||Deceit Orange|
|Undaunted Rescuer||10||Rescue all of the members of the failed Undaunted expedition to the Deadlands of Mehrunes Dagon.|
|Deadlands Savvy||50||Complete the following achievements associated with City of Ash II.||Title: Deadlands Adept|
|A World On Fire||50||In Veteran City of Ash II, make a pact with the Frigid Tome, then defeat Valkyn Skoria.|
|Mehrunes Dremora Slayer||10||Defeat 300 Dremora in Veteran City of Ash II.|
|Veteran Flame Colossus Slayer||10||Defeat 50 Flame Colossi in Veteran City of Ash II.|
|Deadly Deadlands Survivor||50||Defeat Rukhan, Marruz, Akezel, Urata the Legion, Horvantud the Fire Maw, the Ash Titan, and the Daedra at the bridge to Valkyn Skoria, before defeating Valkyn Skoria himself in Veteran City of Ash II without suffering a group member death.|
|City of Ash II Assassin||50||Defeat Rukhan, Marruz, Akezel, Urata the Legion, Horvantud the Fire Maw, and the Ash Titan; reassemble the bridge; and defeat Valkyn Skoria himself in Veteran City of Ash II, all within thirty minutes. Timer starts when players enter the Inner Grove.|
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal City of Ash was designed for levels 28–31, and Veteran City of Ash was designed for Veteran Ranks 1-4. Until the Veteran Rank increase in Update 7, Veteran City of Ash did not scale like the other dungeons.
- Prior to Update 12, City of Ash I was only available in Normal mode, and City of Ash II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named City of Ash and Veteran City of Ash respectively.