Heavy Attacks are attacks which must be charged. They do more damage per attack than light attacks, though less damage per second due to the charging time. There may also be further effects. Using a heavy attack against an Off Balance opponent will knock them down. Heavy attacks are performed by holding the attack button.
- Heavy attacks restore Magicka (with staves) or Stamina (other weapons) when fully charged. The amount restored scales to the length of time that the heavy attack takes to charge, so for example, a heavy attack with a 2-handed weapon will restore more Stamina than when dual wielding. The amount restored also scales to player level.
- Restoration staves and Lightning staves will begin channeling damage as soon as the heavy attack begins. This can be a detriment if you don't want to catch the attention of an enemy until the attack is fully charged. It can be a benefit since the attack will follow the enemy if they move during the channel, eliminating the need for you to track them until the attack is fully charged.
The lists below include only bonuses specifically from fully charged Heavy Attacks. For bonuses from Light Attacks, see the Light Attack page, as these generally work on both Light and Heavy Attacks as well.
- Tri Focus - adds various effects depending on the type of staff you are using.
- Cycle of Life - restores additional Magicka.
- Essence Drain - grants Major Mending, and also heals you or an ally based on the damage of the attack.
- Follow Up - causes subsequent attack to do more damage.
- The Arch-Mage - restores Magicka (This is in addition to the normal restoration if using a staff.)
- Destructive Mage - creates a bomb which detonates and deals Magic Damage when another player hits the same enemy.
- Embershield - increases your Spell Resistance and deals Flame Damage to nearby enemies.
- Infallible Mage - does additional damage and afflicts targets with Minor Vulnerability.
- Queen's Elegance - increase the damage of your next direct damage attack.
- Roaring Opportunist - Major Slayer for up to 5 group members.
- Sergeant's Mail - does additional damage.
- Spawn of Mephala (set) - creates a web which deals Poison Damage and reduces Movement Speed.
- Storm Master - causes subsequent Light Attacks to deal additional Lightning Damage.
- Sunderflame - does additional Flame Damage and reduces targets Physical Resistance.
- Wise Mage - afflicts targets with Minor Vulnerability.