Online:Horvantud the Fire Maw
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Horvantud the Fire Maw|
|Location||Knives of Discord, City of Ash II|
|Daedra Husk; Poison Solvents; Fire Maw's Fang|
- Return to Ash: Enter the Deadlands to rescue a failed invasion force.
- Pledge: City of Ash II: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the City of Ash II.
Skills and Abilities
- Jagged Claw
- A basic melee attack that does minor physical damage.
- Fiery Jaws
- The daedroth bites the player, doing moderate physical damage. This attack also applies the "Burning" effect, which does minor flame damage over time.
- Fiery Breath
- The daedroth breathes fire, doing moderate flame damage over time to all players in front of it as indicated by a red cone.
- Ground Quake
- The boss pounds the ground causing quakes to appear under the player's feet and around the arena, dealing moderate physical damage as indicated by red circles.
- The boss stomps, causing shockwaves to travel out from itself dealing moderate physical damage and staggering all players hit.
- Summon Dremora
- Throughout the fight as its health drops, various Dremora will jump down to attack the group. They will disappear once the boss dies. The group should balance damaging the boss and killing the Dremora summoned. Alternatively, if damage is high enough, the group can choose to focus the boss only before the damage from the adds becomes overwhelming.
- At 20% health, the boss summons a shield around itself that must be broken by damaging it.
Various dremora will say the following as commentary during the battle, though Horvantud himself does not speak:
- "Show them how we treat visitors to the Deadlands!"
- "Come! We'll deal with you ourselves!"
- "The flame of the Fire Maw burns like a second sun!"
- "Break them! Break the mortals!"
- "The Fire Maw will purify you."
- "Writhe in fire!"
- "Envelope them in flames!"
- "Let the flames consume you!"
- "You think you'll survive this?"
- "Come, greet the new day, and die!"
- "Prepare to greet the new day and burn in it."
- "Come and greet the new day. It will be your last."
- "Prepare yourselves for the end!"
- "Let the battle be joined!"
- Horvantud sports the original green daedroth skin from Morrowind, due to his association with Dagon, as most daedroth are blue due to their alliance with Molag Bal. Hrelvesuu is the only other green daedroth in the game.
- Horvantud's Ground Quake ability does less damage as of Patch 3.1.5.
They have several achievements associated with them:
|City of Ash II Vanquisher||10||Defeat Horvantud the Fire Maw, the Ash Titan, and Valkyn Skoria in City of Ash II.|
|City of Ash II Conqueror||15||Complete Veteran City of Ash II by defeating Horvantud the Fire Maw, the Ash Titan, and Valkyn Skoria.||Sigil Orange|
|Deadlands Savvy||50||Complete the following achievements associated with City of Ash II.||Title: Deadlands Adept|
|Deadly Deadlands Survivor||50||Defeat Rukhan, Marruz, Akezel, Urata the Legion, Horvantud the Fire Maw, the Ash Titan, and the Daedra at the bridge to Valkyn Skoria, before defeating Valkyn Skoria himself in Veteran City of Ash II without suffering a group member death.|
|City of Ash II Assassin||50||Defeat Rukhan, Marruz, Akezel, Urata the Legion, Horvantud the Fire Maw, and the Ash Titan; reassemble the bridge; and defeat Valkyn Skoria himself in Veteran City of Ash II, all within thirty minutes. Timer starts when players enter the Inner Grove.|