|The western Rift|
The Ragged Hills is the western region of the Rift. It includes the areas to the west and south of the river complex that flows from the lake in the center of The Rift. The city of Nimalten is found here, as well as the smaller towns of Ivarstead and Geirmund's Hall to the northwest. To the east it extends past Honrich Tower, and also includes a spit of land north of the lake, containing the Faldar's Tooth ruins. The Ragged Hills Dolmen is in the northwestern section, northeast of Geirmund's Hall. Across the river to the north lies the Stony Basin, and the Smokefrost Peaks are to the east.
- Geirmund's Hall — An estate in the western Rift, northwest of Nimalten.
- Ivarstead — A small town in the western Rift.
- Nimalten — A town in the western Rift.
Caves, Ruins and Mines
- Honrich Tower — A ruined lakeside tower in the central Rift, southeast of Nimalten.
- Pinepeak Cavern — A cave in the far northwest of the Rift.
- Taarengrav — A ruin in the western Rift, west of Nimalten.
- Avanchnzel — A Dwemer ruin in the southern Rift, south of Honrich Tower containing Dwemer constructs.
- Faldar's Tooth — A ruined fort in the central Rift, east of Honrich Tower containing Darkling cultists.
- The Lion's Den — An isolated valley in the far west of the Rift.
- Shroud Hearth Barrow — A tomb in the western Rift, just northeast of Ivarstead containing Draugr.
- Abandoned Camp — A hollow dragon mound in the Rift.
- Frozen Ruins — A ruin in the Rift, southwest of Nimalten.
Points of Interest
- Grethel's Vigil — A camp found west of Nimalten in the western Rift.
- Honeystrand Hill — A giant camp located south of Ivarstead in the western Rift.
- Trollslayer's Gully — A cave in the southern Rift, southeast of Honrich Tower.
- Geirmund's Hall Wayshrine — Located north-northwest of Geirmund's Hall.
- Honrich Tower Wayshrine — Located southeast of Honrich Tower.
- Nimalten Wayshrine — Located in western Nimalten.
- Ragged Hills Wayshrine — Located southeast of Nimalten in the southern Rift.
- Taarengrav Wayshrine — Located northeast of Taarengrav.
- Arcwind Point — A Nordic ruin in the southwestern Rift, southwest of Nimalten.
- Nimalten Barrow — A Nordic burial crypt located beneath Nimalten.
- Beneath the Surface: Rescue the Pact soldiers investigating Faldar's Tooth.
- A Business Proposition: Help retrieve a merchant's silks.
- Fierce Beasts of Ivarstead: Help a frightened woman make Ivarstead safer.
- Geirmund's Guardian: Join the trials to be named Geirmund's Guardian.
- Geirmund's Oath: Participate in a drinking contest at Geirmund's Hall.
- Prisoner Dilemma: Free several Pact prisoners from the Lion Guard and identify the turncloak.
- Problems Into Profit: Help a farmer deal with an insect infestation.
- Research Subject: Help rescue a researcher's colleague.
- A Ritual in the Ragged Hills: Stop the Worm Cult ritual at the Ragged Hills Altar.
- Save Your Voice: Rescue some drunken bards from a giant camp.
- Shroud Hearth Barrow: Find out what is happening within Shroud Hearth Barrow.
- Soldier Down: Help the wounded soldiers around Honrich Tower.
- A Valuable Distraction: Distract the Lion Guard until reinforcements can arrive.
- Where the Frostheart Grows: Help retrieve medicine for a dying pilgrim.
- The Missing Prophecy: Rescue the Oracles of Azura from their Daedric prisons.
There is one Achievement associated with this region:
|Wormsquasher||5||Defeat Thallik Wormfather and scatter the Worm Cult.|