Online:Three Tender Souls
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
- Talk to Gethis Omobar, Dendras Indalor and Tiiril Alor.
- Examine the dead.
- Talk to Gethis Omobar.
- Examine the house.
- Report to the vicecanons.
When you complete Onward to Shadowfen by taking to Vicecanon Hrondar, your conversation with him will continue:
- "Three murders and Stormhold's about to boil over like my father's fish kettle! The Dark Elves blame the Argonians they owned before the Pact outlawed slavery.
- I miss the days of kicking arse. Now I'm expected to kiss them."
- Any leads on the culprit?
- "That's not a question I've heard from a stranger. Fancy yourself a bloodhound, do you?
- I'd never doubt Stormhold's guards in a siege, but we've seen no progress with these murders. We'll gladly pay a bounty if you find the killer."
- Where would I start?
- "Here's a list of the victims' families. Find out what they know about their murdered kin.
- I'm almost glad the guard never got around to it. As my son says, mammoths can't dance."
- Consider it done.
- "You'll likely find Dendras Indalor at home. Gethis Omobar works at the smithy.
- As for Tiiril Alor, try the Mages Guild. Hold your nose when talking to that one."
With the quest started, visit each of the victims' relatives in whatever order you like. Dendras is a good one to start with:
- "Sayne sent you, didn't she? Of course she did. Can't let me mourn my brother in peace and quiet when she can send someone to check on me every half hour."
- I'm investigating the murders.
- "Finally looking into my brother's death, eh? I get it. I'm sure you and your vicecanon pals had better things to do than your jobs.
- Naldyn wasn't the brightest star in the sky, but he didn't deserve this."
- Who would want to cause him harm?
- "Most of Stormhold. Naldyn ran up a lot of debts. He also picked a lot of fights with the lizardskins.
- If the Shadowscales didn't get him, it's because someone else moved faster."
Gethis isn't too far away:
- "Pardon my tears. I recently lost my wife, and ...
- I'm sorry. Can I help you?"
- Could you tell me about your wife?
- "Eroni Omobar and I always believed in the pact. We came here to build a better life with Argonians and Nords alike.
- Some of my people blame the Shadowscales, but what would they gain from her death? We treat everyone the same. It makes no sense!"
- Vicecanon Hrondar asked me to look into her death.
- "Thank the gods! She's in the ... mortuary, which they keep locked. But Eroni made those locks, so I have the master key.
- Here, take it. Please, find out who did this. Don't allow her to become a symbol against the Pact."
Last and most definitely least, talk to Tiiril:
- "On your way, stranger. I have no patience for small talk."
- I'm here about the murders.
- "About time the vicecanons do their jobs. Arilen's body lies captive in the mortuary. I can't even see him, let alone bury him!
- Why all these ridiculous delays? Dumac take this accursed town!"
- Who would want to harm Arilen?
- "Shadowscales, who else? He spoke out against the Argonians, and rightly so! He was targeted for having the courage to say what we all think about them.
- I'm no bigot, but if you ask me, the world would be a better place without those scaly fetchers."
With that out of the way, head to the Mortuary.
Examine the Dead
Eroni Omobar's body is directly across from the entrance. Approach it and take a look:
- <Eroni's body and clothes seem charred.>
- <The shaman's notes may reveal what happened.>
- <Examine the notes.>
- "Initial review suggested the subject died from heat or flames, but the burns do not extend beyond the surface of the skin. Whatever caused these burns was no natural flame.
- Subject bears a wound in her chest--a clean, precise cut."
- <Continue reading.>
- "Upon consultation, this combination of wounds is unknown to the local Mages Guild."
Examine Arilen Maralvel next:
- <A quick examination reveals Arilen's throat was slit.>
- <The shaman's notes might provide more insight.>
- <Examine the notes.>
- "Subject died from a precise cut to the throat. The cut runs just deep enough to sever a vein and vocal cords. The body shows no sign of struggle.
- A small, precise cut upon the chest was made after subject's death."
Finally, examine Naldyn Indalor:
- <Naldyn Indalor's body looks relatively unharmed, but the shaman's notes may reveal more.>
- <Examine the notes.>
- "Subject died from a single stab wound to the heart. The strike is clean and precise. There are no visible signs of struggle.
- I noticed a small, separate cut quite near the mortal wound. I estimate this cut was made after the subject's death."
Once you've examined all three bodies, Smith Halva will run into the Mortuary and call for you: "You there! Please, I have an urgent message." Speak to her.
- "Gethis Omobar sent me. It's about his wife, Eroni."
- Is something wrong?
- "Gethis saw Eroni ... alive! He watched her enter their home, on the other side of Stormhold. He asked you to meet him there as soon as you can."
- I'll meet him there.
Hurry to the Omobar residence. You'll find Gethis lying on the ground, obviously wounded and clutching his abdomen in pain. Speak to him:
- "Praise Vivec, Halva found you. Whatever's in my home ... it isn't my wife."
- What happened?
- "Eroni ... my Eroni ... she's gone, I know that. But when I saw her enter our home, I had to find out how she'd returned. That's when she stabbed me.
- If that Argonian hadn't leapt between us, she'd have finished me off."
- Argonian? What Argonian?
- "I don't know, but he tried to save my life. They were still fighting when I crawled out the door. They both moved so fast.
- Please, help him remove that imposter from my home. Don't worry about me. I'll soon see my true Eroni."
- I'll do what I can.
Enter the Omobar residence. You'll find "Eroni Omobar" crouched over the corpse of a Shadowscale Scout. Kill "her," and inspect the Shadowscale's corpse:
- <The Argonian's body is still warm. It's covered in numerous cuts and scorchmarks.>
- <A careful search of his clothing discovers a hidden pocket containing a small journal.>
- <Read the journal.>
- "Entry 441: Three Dark Elves killed in Stormhold, and rumors call it our work. Preposterous--the Night Mother gifted none of them with her call.
- I'll return to the Enclave when I discover who's behind this."
- <Keep reading.>
- "Entry 442: Just watched Eroni Omobar enter her home. This isn't right. Her body remains at the mortuary.
- Going to see what this creature wants, and why it wears Eroni Omobar's face."
You'll be directed to talk to Vicecanon Hrondar. Upon arriving at the room where you received the quest from him, the quest objective will instantly complete, even though you haven't spoken to him and he isn't present. This is not a bug. Speak to Vicecanon Heita-Meen, who is standing nearby:
- "Vicecanon Hrondar is indisposed. He informed me you've been assisting us in our recent troubles. Are you any closer to discovering the killer?"
- From what I've found, someone is framing the Shadowscales for the murders.
- "Then we can concentrate our efforts elsewhere. Many will blame the Shadowscales regardless, but our concerns are greater now than scapegoats.
- I fear the true culprit struck again, though I pray I'm incorrect."
Here, you may complete the quest, and proceed immediately to Getting to the Truth. Your conversation with Heita-Meen will continue.