|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
The storyline quests follow on from each other in a chain that will take you from one end of the zone to the other if you follow them in order; however, it is possible to complete a number of quests in the chain before you even start some of the quests that theoretically come before those in story order. To indicate this, quests in the story chain will either have a "Previous Quest" or a "Prerequisite Quest" listed in the header (sometimes both). A Prerequisite Quest is one which must be completed before that quest can be started; a Previous Quest is one which comes directly before such a quest in the chain, but is not required for that quest to start. Individual zone and alliance story charts represent this association visually.
- Aldmeri Dominion — All quests for the Aldmeri Dominion
- Daggerfall Covenant — All quests for the Daggerfall Covenant
- Ebonheart Pact — All quests for the Ebonheart Pact
- Army of Meridia — All shared quests in Coldharbour
- The Celestial Threat — Quests from the Star-Gazers of Craglorn
- The Sublime Plot — Quests from the Drake of Blades in the Imperial City
- Reforging Orsinium — Quests to help rebuild the ancient Orsimer kingdom
- Vivec's Divine Power — Quests to help Lord Vivec regain his lost powers
- Shadows of Knowledge — Quests to investigate a shadowy threat in the Clockwork City
- Heart of Summerset — Quests to unravel a sinister conspiracy against Summerset and its people
This chart shows the primary story chains and their association with the progression of the Main Quest. Click through to each zone page for that zone's detailed story chart.
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|