The Shadowscales are an organization of Argonian assassins from Black Marsh. Those Argonians born under the sign of the Shadow are given to the Dark Brotherhood at birth to be trained as professional killers. Although they worship Sithis and obey the Brotherhood's tenets, the contracts given to Shadowscales serve only to aid the Argonian people, and they act with impunity in Black Marsh.
The Shadowscales opposed the formation of the Ebonheart Pact due to their hatred of their former slavemasters, the Dunmer. Shadowscales can be encountered at Stormhold, Murkwater, Sunscale Strand, Loriasel, the Gray Mire, and the Cradle of Shadows.
For more information, see the main lore article.
- Cradle of Shadows — A group dungeon in Shadowfen.
- The Gray Mire — A community of Argonian refugees in southern Grahtwood, just east of Southpoint.
- Loriasel — An Ayleid ruin in southwestern Shadowfen.
- Murkwater — A village in southern Shadowfen.
- Stormhold — A city in northern Shadowfen.
- Sunscale Strand — A ruin in southeastern Shadowfen, southeast of Alten Corimont.
Cradle of Shadows Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Cradle of Shadows.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Pledge: Cradle of Shadows: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Cradle of Shadows.
- Pull the Last Fang: Recover a Fang of Sithis from the Renrijra Maor.
- Scales of Retribution: Help defeat the Dominion at Murkwater.
- Scars Never Fade: Investigate the Argonian refugees in the Gray Mire.
- Silk and Shadow: Help a former Shadowscale destroy a dangerous new group of assassins.
- The Swamp's Embrace: Recover the bodies of the Dominion's Argonian prisoners.
- Three Tender Souls: Solve a series of crimes in Stormhold.
- What Happened at Murkwater: Let Hissmir know of the events at Murkwater.