Online:The Lost Legion
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Dradeiva, a local Argonian, seeks to prove that the Imperial Ninth Legion disappeared in the Tsofeer Caverns. She hopes to show that her ancestor didn't betray Murkmire. Unfortunately, the caves may also be home to the monstrous voriplasm, Wuju-Ka.|
- Talk to Dradeiva outside Tsofeer Cavern.
- Enter the Cavern and read the notebook left in the camp near the entrance.
- Travel through the caverns and look for clues left behind by the Imperials.
- Find the Altar and then speak with Dradeiva.
- Destroy the Wuju-Ka Guardian.
- Perform the Ritual.
- Speak with Dradeiva outside.
Speak with the Argonian named Dradeiva outside the Tsofeer Cavern delve to start the quest.
- "Dryskin! Didn't I see you talking with the explorers from Cyrodilic Collections? Are you one of them? Would you be willing to help me with a crucial and sacred task?"
- What kind of help do you need?
- "I have suffered shame for the actions of my ancestor. When the Imperial Ninth Legion marched into Murkmire, my distant relative agreed to serve as their scout, and ever since my egg-family has carried the mark of traitors.
- I want to erase that mark."
- How do we clear your egg-family's name?
- "After my egg-relative joined them, the Legion vanished. At long last, I believe I know where they disappeared to—Tsofeer Cavern. However, the cavern is rumored to be the home of the Wuju-Ka. I can't face that monster on my own. Will you go with me?"
- I'll help you explore Tsofeer Cavern.
- "My egg-siblings only care about the here and now. But I always believed that history was the key to exonerating our disgraced ancestor. I know we'll find something in the cavern, I just know it! As long as the Wuju-Ka doesn't object to our presence."
Enter the delve and begin searching for clues. There's an old Imperial camp near the entrance to the cave. Search it, and read the notebook you find in it, then speak with Dradeiva about your findings.
- "Let me take a closer look. Gin-Rajul, that's my ancestor! And look, it mentions the Ninth Legion by name. This proves they visited this cave.
- We need to keep looking. There must be more clues as to what happened in here."
You eventually come across a second Imperial camp, and find a journal. Speak with Dradeiva about the evidence you've acquired.
- "Let me see that. This is a Ninth Legion officer's journal! It mentions my ancestor, Gin-Rajul. And how the Legionnaires started disappearing.
- It had to be the Wuju-Ka! It must have devoured the Imperials"
Even further into the cave, you come across a third camp. Investigating this camp, you find a note. Speak with Dradeiva.
- "Another note? It talks about the altar where the elders prepared the ritual to bind the Wuju-Ka.
- Hmm. I think my ancestor led the Imperials into this cavern and fed them to the Wuju-Ka! He saved our tribe, but made the voriplasm more powerful."
Even deeper into the caves, you find another Imperial camp. This one has a ritual dagger in it.
- Dradeiva: "That's a ritual dagger! Probably the one used by the elders to perform the binding ritual. Now we need to find the altar."
Speak with Dradeiva about the ritual.
- As long as the cavern was sealed, the Wuju-Ka was trapped. It couldn't spread across Murkmire. But now that the caves are open ….
There's no one else my friend. We need to find the altar and perform the ritual to bind it to this cavern!""
- You know how to perform the binding ritual?
- "I tried to learn as much as I could when I came across the stories of the Wuju-Ka. I'm no expert, but with the dagger we found, I can replicate the ritual. I think.
Let's go find the altar."
Navigate the caverns and find the Wuju-Ka altar. The Sacred Altar is near the ruins of stone buildings that the Wuju-Ka resides by.
- Dradeiva: "That's the altar the elders used to prepare the rite of binding. I think I can duplicate the ritual, but I need you to do something first."
Speak with Dradeiva and find out what you need to do to help her bind the Wuju-Ka.
- "From what we learned, my ancestor only pretended to help the Legion. He led them here to save Murkmire. When the Legionnaires sealed the cave, they interrupted the cycle. No one has come to bind the Wuju-Ka in centuries.
- I guess it's up to us."
- How do we bind the Wuju-Ka?
- "I will prepare the dagger and the sacred altar according to the stories the elders told me.
- In the meantime, I need you to weaken the Wuju-Ka. Only then can we perform the ritual."
- How do I weaken the Wuju-Ka?
- "The Wuju-Ka is a massive pool of voriplasm that interacts with the world through extensions of itself. The smaller voriplasms that prowl these caverns are all just part of a greater whole."
- A massive pool of evil slime that creates extensions of itself, got it.
- ""According to the stories, the Wuju-Ka creates an extension of itself to guard the pool. Find this large voriplasm guardian and destroy it. That should weaken the Wuju-Ka and make it more susceptible to the binding ritual."
- What happens if we can't bind the Wuju-Ka?
- "The Wuju-Ka isn't like other voriplasms. It has an intelligence and a hunger different from the simple creatures seen in the swamp. Once it emerges from the cavern, it will spread and consume all of Murkmire.
- We can't allow that to happen!"
Locate and destroy the Wuju-Ka Guardian. When the guardian is Wuju-Ka Guardian is dead, return to Dradeiva and perform the ritual.
- Dradeiva: "I think that did it! Now climb the stairs and help me complete the ritual!"
Do as she says and approach the Wuju Ka's pool.
- Dradeiva: "Malgai wih-jah veeka kai!"
- Dradeiva: "Quickly now! Ignite the brazier!"
Light the brazier, and watch as vines begin to sprout, covering the pool.
- Dradeiva: "The rite of binding is complete! Meet me outside and we can talk!"
The Wuju-Ka Defeated
Speak with an elated Dradeiva outside and claim your reward.
- "he journal and letters we found prove that the Lost Legion met its doom in Tsofeer Cavern. They also reveal that my ancestor led them there in order to protect Murkmire.
- And more importantly, we used the rite of binding to trap the Wuju-Ka!"
- How long will the rite of binding hold the Wuju-Ka?
- "For seasons and seasons, my friend! And I shall inform the elders of the nearest tribes. They will once again take up the responsibility of maintaining the ritual.
- I couldn't have accomplished any of these things without your help. Thank you!"
- You really think your ancestor led the Ninth Legion here on purpose?
- "I do, I do! He knew the tribes weren't strong enough to oppose the Ninth Legion, so he sacrificed his own life to lead them to the Wuju-Ka.
- I feel very proud to be part of his egg-family, my friend."
- So will this clear the traitor's mark from your egg-family?
- "Not only will this evidence restore the honor of my egg-family, our actions have helped save all of Murkmire. And I couldn't have done any of this without you!
- Please, accept this small gift as a token of my appreciation."
- (Patch 4.2.5) After starting The Lost Legion, if you read Dradeiva's Journal it will advance the quest to the "Search for clues" stage, as the game assumes you read the Legion Officer's Notebook.
|The Lost Legion|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I should help Dradeiva explore Tsofeer Cavern and look for evidence that the Lost Legion or her egg-relative who served as their scout passed through these caves. I should also keep an eye out for signs of the Wuju-Ka.
Objective: Explore Tsofeer Cavern
|I found a page from a journal written by an officer of the Imperial Ninth Legion. It mentions Dradeiva's ancestor and suggests that something happened to the Legion in this cavern. I should search for more clues as to the fate of the Lost Legion.
Objective: Search for Clues
Hidden Objective: TRACKER GOAL TEXT
|Dradeiva believes that the dagger we found can be used to perform a ritual that will bind the voriplasm to the caverns and keep it from spreading throughout Murkmire. We just need to locate the sacred altar.
Objective: Find the Sacred Altar
|We found the ritual dagger and the sacred altar. Now I should talk to Dradeiva and find out what we should do next.
Objective: Talk to Dradeiva
|Dradeiva thinks that if I slay the large voriplasm in the next cave, that will weaken the source of the Wuju-Ka and make it more susceptible to the rite of binding.
Objective: Kill the Wuju-Ka Guardian
|I killed the Wuju-Ka. Now I need to meet Dradeiva at the sacred brazier and help her complete the rite of binding that will trap the Wuju-Ka in these caverns.
Objective: Perform the Rite of Binding
|Now that we completed the rite of binding, I should head outside and talk to Dradeiva.
Objective: Talk to Dradeiva
|I helped Dradeiva learn the truth about the fate of the Lost Legion and the role her ancestor played in that event. I should ask her if we accomplished enough to clear her family's name.
Objective: Talk to Dradeiva