This article is about the faction. For the Thieves Guild DLC pack, see Thieves Guild (DLC).
The Thieves Guild is a criminal organization consisting of rogues and thieves found all over Tamriel. It is based in the city of Abah's Landing, found in Hew's Bane on the southern coast of Hammerfell.
Like with the Fighters and Mages Guilds, progress through the Thieves Guild skill line is achieved by gaining reputation. This can be done by completing faction-related DLC content. Losing access to the DLC will disable this progression, but all earned skills will still be unlockable and usable. There are 12 ranks of reputation within the guild.
- Partners in Crime: Help a novice thief pull off her biggest heist yet.
- Cleaning House: Investigate a retired member's connection to the Iron Wheel.
- The Long Game: Find out more about the former guild rackets a new merchant lord has his eyes on.
- A Flawless Plan: Uncover the truth about the Thieves Guild's failed heist.
- Forever Hold Your Peace: Infiltrate a highly anticipated wedding at Hubalajad's Palace.
- Prison Break: Rescue the imprisoned guildmaster from No Shira Prison.
- A Double Life: Help Quen with a personal matter.
- His Greatest Treasure: Hunt for buried treasure with Quen.
- Shell Game: Help Walks-Softly with a personal matter.
- Everyone Has A Price: Walks-Softly wants to teach someone a lesson...
- A Faded Flower: Help Velsa with a personal matter.
- That Which Was Lost: Help Narahni find her estranged son.
- The Cutpurse's Craft: Prove to the Guild that you know your way around other people's pockets.
- Master of Heists: Meet Fa'ren-dar, the Thieves Guild's Master of Heists.
- Guild Jobs
- Crime Spree: Commit a series of conspicuous safebox robberies.
- Idle Hands: Send laborers a gentle reminder to pay their protection dues.
- Plucking Fingers: Remind entertainers that they don't work without the Guild's permission.
- The Covetous Countess: Pilfer and launder sentimental objects for a wealthy patron.
- Under Our Thumb: 'Encourage' law-abiding citizens to mind their own business.
- Rye's Reacquisitons
- Memories of Youth: Recover a lost engagement ring.
- The Lost Pearls: Retrieve an old silver pendant that once belonged to a patron's wife.
- The Sailor's Pipe: Recover an old sailor's favorite wooden pipe.
- Thrall Cove: Retrieve a captain's spyglass and rescue his captured crewmen.
- Heist: Deadhollow Halls: Recover some Daedric idols stashed away in Deadhollow Halls.
- Heist: Glittering Grotto: Appropriate some rare gems hidden inside the Glittering Grotto.
- Heist: Secluded Sewers: Appropriate some treasures stashed in the Secluded Sewers.
- Heist: The Hideaway: Recover some treasures stashed in The Hideaway.
- Heist: Underground Sepulcher: Appropriate some treasures hidden away in the Underground Sepulcher.
The Thieves Guild skill line consists exclusively of passive abilities meant to assist you in your criminal pursuits.
|Name||Line Rank||Skill Rank||Description|
|Finders Keepers||1||||Thieves Troves are caches that are located all over Tamriel. They can only be opened by members of the Thieves Guild.|
|Swiftly Forgotten||2||Bounty is decreased by 46 after 3 minutes. Heat is decreased by 36 after 3 seconds.|
|5||Bounty is decreased by 69 after 3 minutes. Heat is decreased by 46 after 3 seconds.|
|8||Bounty is decreased by 92 after 3 minutes. Heat is decreased by 55 after 3 seconds.|
|11||Bounty is decreased by 115 after 3 minutes. Heat is decreased by 64 after 3 seconds.|
|Haggling||3||Stolen items sold at a fence are worth 2% more. Does not apply to Laundering.|
|6||Stolen items sold at a fence are worth 4% more. Does not apply to Laundering.|
|9||Stolen items sold at a fence are worth 7% more. Does not apply to Laundering.|
|12||Stolen items sold at a fence are worth 10% more. Does not apply to Laundering.|
|Clemency||4||When a guard accosts you, you may use Clemency once per day. If used, the Guard will not arrest you or take your money and stolen goods. Additionally, Guards will not attempt to accost you for 1 minute after you use Clemency unless you commit other crimes.|
|Timely Escape||7||When you have Bounty and are in combat, you have a chance to spot a "Footpad" in a town with a Refuge. Interacting with the Footpad will transport the player safely into the nearest Refuge.|
|Veil of Shadows||10||Decreases detection range of Witnesses and Guards by 10%. Witnesses and Guards are thus less likely to notice criminal actions, though this has no impact on the range from which Guards will accost you.|
Kari's Hit List
To find these items, you have to go to each region and look for an item which is hinted at in the clue for that zone. The following are the corresponding items and locations of each thing to obtain. The items that you are looking for are unique Treasures and are listed as a Relic treasure type. They will stand out from other treasure items, as the title is in gold.
These items cannot be laundered, and if you are caught by the guard and turn over stolen goods, these items will be taken from your inventory and replaced at the original location.
Note that items will not always be found at the specified location, depending on how recently another player has stolen them. What is the respawn time?
|Alik'r Desert||Divad Hunding's Dribble Bowl||Atop the reception desk on the ground floor of the Sisters of the Sands Inn in Sentinel|
|Auridon||Coronation Decanter of Prince Naemon||On the ground floor of Skywatch Manor, when exiting the Throne area, turn left and it's on top of the dresser across from the fireplace.|
|Bangkorai||Yokeda Sesnit's Paperweights||A bedroom on the second floor of the Anchor's Point Inn in Evermore|
|Deshaan||King Dumac's Royal Latrine Cloth Roll||Go through the City Center of Mournhold doors on the northern side with the massive red Ebonheart Pact banners on either side. Open the Preservation Chest in the left corner of that back room.|
|Eastmarch||King Jorunn's Automatic Cheesewheel Vivisector||Ground floor of the Mages Guild in Windhelm|
|Glenumbra||Raven Direnni's Inflammable Rug||Inside the Storage Chest along the wall of the kitchen of Daggerfall Castle|
|Grahtwood||Burial Mannequin of Calathor Camoran||Enter the Altmer Embassy in Elden Root. The item is on the bottom floor inside of an Unsealed Urn in the southern corner.|
|Greenshade||Treethane Niriel's "Living Plant-Wear" Book Set||The upper floor of the Mages Guild in Marbruk, sitting on a table.|
|Hew's Bane||Prince Hubalajad's Trash Urn||In a corner inside the Bank of Abah's Landing in Abah's Landing|
|Malabal Tor||Tuneless Harp of Fiirgarion the Bard||The ground floor of the Mages Guild in Velyn Harbor|
|Reaper's March||Hairball Spittoon of Darloc Brae||The outdoor area of the Mages Guild in Rawl'kha, under the living quarters.|
|The Rift||Ysgramor's Sload-Skin Wine Sack||The upper floor of Fighters Guild in Riften|
|Rivenspire||Princess Rayelle's Half-Hearted Love Letters||In an Antique Chest in a ground floor room of the Shornhelm Fighters Guild. Enter the guild and turn right; it is the first room on the right.|
|Shadowfen||Shaman Chirah's Devotion Shovel||The smaller Hist tree in Stormhold|
|Stonefalls||Akaviri Armistice Banquet Tray||In the basement of the The Hissing Guar in Kragenmoor|
|Stormhaven||King Farangel's Unpublished Ode to Wayrest||Sitting on a table on the left side of the room in the Wayrest Mages Guild Hall|
Akaviri Armistice Banquet Tray
Burial Mannequin of Calarthor Camoran
Coronation Decanter of Prince Naemon
Divad Hunding's Dribble Bowl
King Dumac's Royal Latrine Cloth Roll
King Jorunn's Automatic Cheesewheel Vivisector
Prince Hubalajad's Trash Urn
Raven Direnni's Inflammable Rug
Shaman Chirah's Devotion Shovel
Treethane Niriel's Living Plant-Wear Book Set
Yokeda Sesnit's Paperweights
Ysgramor's Sload-skin Wine Sack
All guilds use reputation for leveling purposes. Thieves Guild Reputation is earned by completing various quests and jobs for the guild. Most quests reward 10, while the smallest Tip Board jobs reward 5 and the largest heists can reward up to 20 if completed within the optional time limit.
for Next Rank
- For historical information on the Thieves Guild, see the lore article.
- Thieves Troves are not dependent on the skill line and will appear in the game before you gain access to the DLC. However, you cannot open them until you have gained access to the DLC. Opening one will unlock the skill line and give you the Finders Keepers passive, but you need to join the guild and complete guild quests to increase in rank. The passive skill will allow you to continue to open troves if you lose access to the DLC at any point.