- 1 New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- 1.1 DLC Game Packs
- 1.2 Dark Brotherhood
- 1.3 Marked for Death
- 1.4 New World Bosses and Delves
- 1.5 New Passive Skill Line: Dark Brotherhood
- 1.6 Changes to Imperial City
- 1.7 White Gold Tower & Imperial City Prison
- 1.8 Runeboxes
- 1.9 New Motifs
- 1.10 Dark Brotherhood Loyalty Reward: Personality
- 1.11 Item Sets
- 1.12 New Mementos
- 1.13 New Titles
- 2 Base Game Patch
- 2.1 Veteran Rank Removal
- 2.2 Poison-Making
- 2.3 Grouping Tool Improvements
- 2.4 Item Trait Improvements
- 2.5 Improved Cyrodiil Vendors
- 2.6 Updates to Sanctum Ophidia
- 2.7 Craft Bags
- 2.8 Item Locking
- 2.9 New Collectible Functionality & Changes
- 2.10 New Dye
- 2.11 Additional Character Slots
- 2.12 Nameplates
- 2.13 Character and UserID Display
- 2.14 Character Sheet on Gamepad Mode
- 2.15 Enchanting Improvements
- 2.16 Harvest Nodes
- 2.17 Armor Improvements
- 2.18 Combat Animation Prioritization
- 2.19 Pickpocketing Improvements
- 3 Available Templates
- 4 Known Issues
- 5 Imperial City Fixes & Improvements
- 6 Orsinium Fixes & Improvements
- 7 Thieves Guild Fixes & Improvements
- 8 Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Released on April 25 2016.
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.4.0—the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack! We have some great new content, features, and systems in store for you, and we're excited to hear what you think!
Dark Brotherhood, like our previous updates, will come in two parts—the DLC game pack, and the base game patch. The base game patch will be available to everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online and the DLC game pack will automatically download with it, allowing you instant access to the new content when you purchase it, or activate an ESO Plus membership.
Anyone who owns ESO and has an active ESO Plus membership will also automatically have access to the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack. If your ESO Plus membership ends or lapses, you will no longer have access to the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack content and areas, but you will still have any items you earned while you had access. You will also keep any acquired skills from the Dark Brotherhood skill line up to the rank that you earned while you were in the Guild, even if you respec. If you do not have an active ESO Plus membership you can purchase the DLC game pack for 2,000 crowns via the in-game Crown Store.
Join the Dark Brotherhood and become their newest assassin. Aside from hours of new story content, two new delves and group bosses, this update introduces a deadly new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Dark Brotherhood. We also have a number of new item sets available, plus a variety of repeatable content. In addition, we have some changes to previous DLC game packs including a District capture system for Imperial City and improvements to the Tel Var Stone merchant.
The base game patch also features an abundance of new features including poison-making as an extension of the Alchemy system, improvements to item set traits, more enhancements to the Grouping Tool, nameplates, item locking, Craft Bags for ESO Plus members, and more. And, of course, the highly anticipated removal of Veteran Ranks. We'll be publishing a deep-dive of Veteran Rank removal on our website later next week, but in the meantime, you'll find the top-level details in the patch notes below to get you started.
In addition to all the new features and major updates, we have made many fixes and improvements to the overall combat and gameplay (including many stamina-related changes), content throughout the game, itemization, UI, and more.
We hope you enjoy our latest update, which will be approximately 3.2GB in size, and look forward to reading your feedback!
New Features / Updates / Big Changes
DLC Game Packs
For the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, return to the Gold Coast of Cyrodiil in the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack! Visit the cities of Anvil and Kvatch on the disenfranchised borders of Cyrodill and whet your appetite for slaughter as you join the deadly and mysterious Dark Brotherhood, Tamriel's premier guild of assassins. Blood will flow as you carve a gruesome path into the good graces of the Night Mother and remind all of Tamriel why they should always fear the shadows.
- The Gold Coast is a new zone on the West Coast of Cyrodiil containing the iconic cities of Anvil and Kvatch, including the Kvatch Arena which you can read more about below.
- Note that this section of Cyrodiil is free from the war that current rages in the rest of the province; it is not a PvP area.
- This update includes an all-new assassination-based storyline and quests centering on the Dark Brotherhood.
Marked for Death
Anyone in the know realizes that if they want someone put in the ground, they call upon the Dark Brotherhood. There are two types of repeatable quests that you can perform for the organization to increase your standing and acquire suitable rewards.
- Contract Quests
- Elam Drals, a dry-humored Dark Elf, oversees the Dark Brotherhood's contract killings for those who exchange simple gold for the promise of disposing of troublesome individuals throughout Tamriel.Visit locations throughout the world of Tamriel to execute individuals named in the contracts while avoiding guards and the accrual of bounty for your heinous murder.
- These quests are unlocked once you join the Dark Brotherhood and complete their trials, and can be acquired from the ledger next to Elam Drals in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.
- You can do as many Contract quests as you like, but can only have one at a time in your journal.
- Sacrament Quests
- Speaker Terenus, the grim Imperial who indoctrinates you into the Dark Brotherhood, remains behind in the Sanctuary to bestow the most important missions that members of the Dark Brotherhood undertake in the name of their vaunted Night Mother.
- Travel to specialized locations to stalk and kill your prey, completing bonus objectives to achieve greater rewards.
- Sacraments are unlocked once you complete the Dark Brotherhood quest “A Lesson in Silence,” not too long after you join.
- You can only accept and complete one Sacrament quest per day.
New World Bosses and Delves
The Gold Coast is a settled region, but there is no shortage of danger in this fractured Cyrodillic territory.
- World Bosses
- Tribune's Folly: The Gold Coast is home to savage minotaurs, who generally keep to themselves and are drawn to ancient Imperial sites. The minotaur drawn to Tribune's Folly has undergone a dark change, slave to a terrible evil lurking beneath this cursed ruin.
- Kvatch Arena: The otherwise pious and reserved Colovians of Kvatch cut loose in the arena, where a regular Pardoner's Brawl is held to allow prisoners condemned to death to fight for their freedom. What happens when blundering adventurers such as yourself intervene?
- Hrota Cave: A drowned sprawl near the borders of the city of Anvil, this cave is haunted by terrible wispmothers and the shambling corpses of those travelers drawn to the place. Will you survive to loot the fallen, or join the dead in eternal unrest?
- Garlas Agea: Even the ancient Ayleids can't escape the spread of greed throughout Tamriel, and the Gold Coast Trading Company has claimed these ruins as storage for illicit cargo to be shipped across the world. Cut into their profits – and their necks – to claim a piece of the pie.
- Repeatable Bounties: Bounty boards in both Anvil and Kvatch have daily quests that ask you to battle one of these dangers and return victorious.
New Passive Skill Line: Dark Brotherhood
Joining the Dark Brotherhood allows you to learn the tricks of their bloody trade and learn a new skill line of passive abilities.
- Blade of Woe: This first passive unlocks when you join the Dark Brotherhood, allowing you to perform merciless executions as outlined previously.
- You may call this armament to your hand whenever you sneak up behind unsuspecting humanoid victims in the world, and dispatch them cruelly and instantly.
- Note that this attack does not work on player characters in Cyrodiil or on any bosses in the game, and can only be performed on creatures belonging to the standard races of Tamriel.
- Scales of Pitiless Justice: No one wants to risk snitching on the Dark Brotherhood, and bounty gained from witnesses of your assaults and murders is reduced.
- Padomaic Sprint: Slaying innocent victims grants you a quick boost to your speed so you can evade the guards.
- Shadowy Supplier: Visit a silent watcher in the Dark Brotherhood to gain special boons.
- Shadow Rider: Your mount instinctively knows how to keep to the shadows, significantly reducing your mounted aggression radius.
- Spectral Assassin: Even in broad daylight in the midst of a crowd, Sithis cloaks you in his void embrace and may prevent you from being witnessed when using the Blade of Woe.
Changes to Imperial City
We've introduced a number of changes and improvements to Imperial City in this update:
- Districts can now be captured via mechanics similar to Resources in Cyrodiil.
- A single flag is located in each District, and is guarded by a few Alliance Guards.
- Ownership of a District confers a 33% Tel Var Stone bonus to all Tel Var Stone gains in the Districts.
- Ownership of a District also controls whether you can respawn in that District via a PvE or PvP death.
- If your Alliance doesn't control any Districts and you die in the Districts, you will respawn in the Sewers.
- You will now lose 50% of your Tel Var Stones for both a PvE or PvP death. Previously, you would lose 10% of your Stones for a PvE death, and 80% for a PvP death.
- Rebalanced the monsters in Imperial City to make moving around the city easier for the solo player.
- Bosses remain targeted at two player characters.
- Patrolling Horrors and Xivkyn elite are best handled by four or more, but their attacks are now less likely to kill you in one hit.
White Gold Tower & Imperial City Prison
We adjusted the difficulty in both Normal and Veteran versions, which will result in an overall reduction in difficulty for both versions.
You can now purchase Runeboxes from the Tel Var General Merchants in Imperial City in exchange for a substantial number of Tel Var Stones.
- Runeboxes are special containers. Each one has a specific Collectible inside; the three introduced in this update have the Xivkyn Polymorphs that were previously only obtainable through rare drops in other Tel Var-purchased containers.
- Unlike the Collectibles themselves (or most other containers), Runeboxes can be traded, mailed, or sold on Guild Stores.
- Opening a Runebox will bind it to your account; however, you can only open a Runebox if you do not already own the Collectible contained inside.
The Thieves Guild, Abah's Watch, and Assassins League crafting styles are now available to craft.
- You'll be able to find the Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) for the Thieves Guild crafting style in the Unidentified Equipment boxes obtained as a reward for performing Heists to the Thieves Guild's highest standards.
- The Style Item, "Fine Chalk", or its component "Rough Chalk", can be found in some Thieves Troves.
- The Abah's Watch inimitable style is also now available for crafters to learn, and can find the Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) in the Large Laundered Shipments obtained from the repeatable quests found in the Thieves Guild hideout.
- The Style Item, a "Polished Shilling", can sometimes be found by pickpocketing any guard throughout the world (not just in Abah's Landing!).
- The Assassins League style is available for aspiring assassins, and chapters can be found by defeating bosses in the Gold Coast area.
- The Style Item, "Tainted Blood" can be refined from Dried Blood, obtained solely from use of the Blade of Woe.
- One's ability to harvest blood from kills with the Blade of Woe is dependent both on their knowledge of the Assassins League style, and their rank in the Dark Brotherhood.
Dark Brotherhood Loyalty Reward: Personality
The first collectible personality, the Assassin, is available by purchasing the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack and visiting the Gold Coast! Using this will allow you to take on a new attitude by changing the way you stand, move, and even emote.
In this update, you'll be able to obtain some new item sets from a variety of sources:
- There are 3 item sets that are obtained from participating in content from the Gold Coast:
- There are also 3 new crafted item sets available from crafting stations located in the Gold Coast:
- Four new PvP-based item sets available from the Tel Var Stone vendors in Imperial City, including:
Swear a blood oath or perform the ritual of the Black Sacrament itself with new mementos that can be unlocked by playing through the Dark Brotherhood content.
In this update, you'll be able to obtain 3 new titles:
- Silencer: Complete the Dark Brotherhood quest line to take your place as a Silencer.
- Bane of the Gold Coast: Defeat Limenauruus the possessed minotaur, enter the Kvatch Arena and stand victorious, explore Hrota Cave and Garlas Agea, and complete the majority of the quests in the Gold Coast to earn this title.
- Ophidian Overlord: Completing Veteran Sanctum Ophidia while the Trial is scaled to Champion 160 to earn this exclusive new title.
Base Game Patch
Veteran Rank Removal
Veteran Ranks have been completely removed from the game in this update! Your strength after level 50 is now simply your number of Champion Points. As Champion Points are gained much faster than Veteran Ranks, this will allow you to advance more rapidly and start getting the best gear in the game faster.
- You'll keep all your hard-earned attribute and skill points you received from gaining Veteran Ranks, and new players will instead earn them while leveling up to level 50.
- You will receive 2 points every level that ends in a 5
- You will receive 3 points every level that ends in a 10
- You will continue to get 1 point for levels 2-49
- You will receive 10 Champion Points as soon as you hit level 50 if your account doesn't have any Champion Points already.
- We will be awarding a one-time bonus of 2.5 Champion Points per Veteran Rank gained on your highest level character when you first log in when Dark Brotherhood is released!
- Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16.
- Reaching level 50 with a second character means you can immediately equip gear up to your account's Champion Point value since Champion Points are shared across all characters on an account.
- Old Veteran Rank Items and monsters will now display Champion Points.
- For items, this describes the number of Champion Points required to equip them.
- For monsters, the number of Champion Points describes the monster's strength.
- Every Veteran Rank is equivalent to 10 Champion Points.
- For example: A monster that used to be VR12 will now be Champion Point 120.
- Monsters will now scale up faster in difficulty through veteran zones.
- Experience gain rules will continue to function as they did for Veteran Ranks:
- Mobs 40 Champion Points below your level will grant 75% of their normal XP.
- Mobs 50 or more Champion Points below your level will grant 30% of their normal XP.
- Abilities no longer increase their cost by 1% per Veteran Rank, but will now increase at their normal rate for every 10 Champion points, up to a cap of 160.
- Most abilities will cost about the same, but cost reduction abilities should return more predictable results.
- Core mechanics (sprint, dodge, block, CC break) will now be slightly more expensive.
- Silver and Gold zones have been releveled to account for the increased speed at which you gain Champion Points.
- The Champion Point cap will remain at 501 for this update.
- The Character Select screen now indicates how many Champion Points your account has.
- Item tooltips have been updated to support the removal of Veteran Ranks.
- Level requirements for items previously referencing Veteran Ranks will now reference Champion.
- Gold Value has been moved to the bottom of the tooltip.
- Guild, Friends, and Group lists now display Champion Points for anyone above level 50, rather than their Veteran Rank.
- The XP bar has been modified to show Champion progression after hitting level 50.
- Loot history will now include the enlightenment bonus when showing XP gains.
You can now use the Alchemy system to create a wide array of dangerous poisons! Using new and existing reagents mixed together in a new type of solvent (oils), these poisons can be equipped alongside wielded weapon sets and have a chance to be applied to your enemy during each heavy or light attack of the associated weapon(s).
- Poisons, unlike other equipped items, are consumed as they are applied.
- Poisons are also subject to dilution, with each effect becoming less potent as more effects are added.
- Oils are sourced from various deadly monsters throughout Tamriel.
- The new reagents have been added to many critters and monsters throughout Tamriel, and create multiple new effects for both potions and poisons.
- While a weapon set has a poison equipped, any weapon enchantments on that weapon set are temporarily suppressed.
- Master's Weapons and Maelstrom Weapons have their unique-ability modifying effect suppressed, while their stat bonus is not suppressed.
- Weapon tooltips have been updated to support poisons.
- When a poison is equipped, the weapon enchant and charge will be suppressed and replaced by the poison description and count.
- Added indicators for Armor Durability, and Weapon Charge/Poison.
- On a side note: When any piece of equipped armor is broken, an indicator will appear near the ability bar.
- When a weapon for your current weapon set has no poisons equipped and runs out of weapon charge, an indicator will appear near the ability bar.
Grouping Tool Improvements
The Grouping Tool has undergone additional improvements for this update. We've taken steps to address disruptive behavior with this tool, such as leaving a group as soon as the dungeon starts or abusing the power of group leader by removing friendly players.
- You can now initiate a Ready Check to ask your group if everyone is ready (no need to jump up and down anymore!)
- A Ready Check will pass if everyone responds yes, fail if someone says no, and fail if it times out. The option to initiate a Ready Check is present in the Group Menu.
- You can type /readycheck into chat to initiate a check.
- Groups can vote to kick party members
- In order to initiate a vote, the option can be found by right clicking a player character's name in the group UI.
- A vote to kick ultimately requires a majority vote and can be initiated by anyone in the group. A 4-player group thus requires 3 votes to remove someone.
- Leaders of groups formed through the Grouping Tool can no longer disband the group or remove other group members.
- Added a 15-minute cooldown to re-queueing once you have successfully formed a group.
- Completing the activity you queued for will reset the timer. If you join a group in progress and kill the final boss 4 minutes later, your timer clears. You don't then have to wait another 11 minutes.
- The cooldown will be displayed in the group UI at the bottom when trying to queue for a dungeon.
- This is all part of an ongoing process to continue to improve the Grouping Tool – look for additional improvements in future updates!
Item Trait Improvements
Item Traits have undergone revision to improve the viability and balance of each Trait. Some Traits have received complete redesigns, other Traits have gained new effects and bonuses, while some other Traits have simply received better number tuning.
- Charged: This trait now increases your chance to apply status effects instead of increasing the amount of enchantment charges on your weapon.
- Defending: This trait now increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by flat values instead of percentages.
- Infused: This trait now also reduces the cooldown on your weapon enchantment in addition to increasing its damage.
- Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the weapon, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
- Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.
- Powered: This trait now increases your healing done instead of reducing the cooldown on your weapon enchantment.
- Sharpened: This trait now increases your Physical Penetration and Spell Penetration by flat values instead of percentages.
- Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage instead of increasing your weapon skill line experience only.
- Weighted: This trait now grants you a chance to gain additional Ultimate whenever you generate Ultimate normally, and has been renamed to Decisive.
- Exploration: This trait now increases all gold gained from monster kills instead of increasing exploration experience gained, and has been renamed to Prosperous.
- Impenetrable: This trait now also reduces the durability damage taken of the item, in addition to reducing the damage taken from Critical Hits.
- Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the armor, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
- Nirnhoned: This trait now increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by a flat value.
- Sturdy: This trait now reduces the cost of Block.
- Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage, instead of increasing your armor skill line experience only.
- Well-fitted: This trait now also reduces the cost of Roll Dodge, in addition to reducing the cost of Sprint.
Improved Cyrodiil Vendors
In this update, we've made a number of improvements to the vendors you find in Cyrodiil:
- All armor sold by the Rare Items Merchant (Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden) in exchange for Alliance Points now has the Impenetrable trait.
- Armor she sells for gold is unchanged, and has either the Infused or Divines trait.
- Armorers, Leatherworkers, Clothiers, Weaponsmiths, and Magus vendors in Cyrodiil now sell boxes of green-quality non-set items.
- These boxes have a 10% chance to instead award a blue-quality set item.
- Elite Gear Vendors in Cyrodiil now sell boxes containing blue-quality set items.
- These boxes have a 5% chance to instead award a purple-quality set item.
- Items received from these new boxes scale to your level and Champion Point total at the moment you open the box, up to and including Champion 160.
Updates to Sanctum Ophidia
Venture once again into the depths of Sanctum Ophidia!
- Sanctum Ophidia now features a Normal version in addition to the Veteran version.
- New surprises await as the denizens of the Trial have attracted the aid of a new Bannerman, the Serpent Fang.
- Stonebreaker and Ozara have had their difficulty increased. As a result of this change, their accompanying rewards have been improved.
- Items and Weapon sets obtained in this Trial have been updated to max level, which is now Champion 160.
- Sanctum Ophidia will now scale to the level of the Trial leader, much like Dungeons do currently.
- When you start the Trial at max level (Champion 160), you will qualify for the Leaderboards.
- Points for Leaderboards are awarded in the same way as other Trials (monster kills, vitality bonus and time).
ESO Plus members will now receive access to the Craft Bag.
- Craft Bags are an additional inventory section which does not count against your inventory limit, is shared across all characters on the account, and can hold an effectively unlimited number of all basic crafting supplies.
- If your membership expires, you will still have access to the resources stored in your Craft Bag, but you will be unable to add any new materials to it.
- Loot that goes to your Craft Bag has a special call out in the Loot History.
- Crafting Materials from your inventory and account bank will automatically go to the Craft Bag upon login.
- Items can be manually retrieved from the Craft Bag in maximum stacks of 200. Retrieved items can also be manually stowed back into the Craft Bag.
Equipment can now be locked to prevent accidental deletions, which will prevent you from destroying it, converting it to Imperial, and marking it as junk.
- If playing using a keyboard/mouse, right-click the item and select Lock. In Gamepad mode, press Y/Triangle on an item to bring up Actions for that item, then select Lock.
- Locking an item will remove it from the following:
- Vendor – Sell
- Guild Store – List
- Mail – Send Mail
- Guild Bank - Deposit
- Craft Stations – All sections
- The list of available item actions has also been reordered to put more commonly used actions towards the top.
New Collectible Functionality & Changes
- Brand New Categories
- Hats: No explanation needed!
- Personalities: Take on a new attitude by changing the way you stand, move, and even some emotes
- Modular Usage
- You can now apply multiple collectibles simultaneously!
- Polymorphs and skins have been separated out from the costume category, and two new categories (hats and personalities) have been added.
- This means you can have a hat, costume, skin, and personality all applied at the same time! And of course, you can combine these with your existing equipment to create your perfect look.
- The Costumes category has been renamed to Appearance.
- An indicator will appear next to each sub-category when something from that category is visible on your character.
- Equipment and Collectibles that are hidden now have information in the tooltip communicating their hidden status.
- Polymorphs override all other appearance change options with the exception of personalities.
- Collectibles in Character Select
- Active Appearance Collectibles (Hats, Personalities, Polymorphs, Costumes, Skins) can now be seen from the Character Select screen, in addition to your active mount and/or pet!
Viridian Venom is a new dye acquired by learning all of the Alchemy traits on the new reagents introduced with Poison-Making.
Additional Character Slots
You will now be able to purchase additional character slots through the in-game Crown Store!
- You'll be able to purchase up to four additional slots. Once you buy the maximum amount, the option will be greyed out.
- Information about purchasable character slots will appear on the Character Select screen when you max out your character slots, and there are additional slots available for purchase.
- Note: You can purchase additional slots any time, not just when you're maxed out.
A new option for Nameplates has been added to the Settings menu. This controls the display of character names or UserIDs, Alliance icons, and health bars above characters in the world.
- These settings can be toggled for Self, Group Members, Friendly NPCs, Friendly Players, Enemy NPCs, and Enemy Players.
- Names are off by default.
- Defaults for existing health bar settings remain unchanged in that they show up for injured player characters and enemies.
- There are new health bar settings for group members and damage that are on by default.
- Defaults for Indicators remain unchanged.
- You can control when nameplates display on any of the above units, and when they highlight on any of those units.
- Nameplates can be set to show player's titles if they have one selected.
- Nameplates can be set to show guild names as well.
- Guild names are shown based on the guild tabard you are wearing.
Character and UserID Display
You will now see both the character name and UserID when targeting another player character, and when receiving most notifications from other players.
- An option for Display Name has been added to the Interface section.
- This setting controls which name is listed first when both names are listed (e.g. Target Frame), and which name is shown when only one name is shown (e.g. Group Frame).
Character Sheet on Gamepad Mode
The character sheet has been broken up into two new sections:
- Attributes: Contains combat related stats
- Description: Contains non-combat related stats
- We also added XP progress to the next level, as well as Enlightened information to the Description section.
We've implemented a number of changes and improvements to Enchanting:
- Enchantment glyphs no longer have an upper limit on the equipment they can be applied to. This means a lower level enchantment can now be applied to a higher level piece of gear.
- All harvestable runestones will now provide at least one Essence and Aspect runestone per harvest.
- Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.
- The overall power of weapon enchantments has been significantly increased.
Resource nodes that spawn in battle leveled zones (such as Orsinium or the Gold Coast) now come in two varieties and provide crafting resources based on either your combat level or your rank in the associated material-use passive.
- When the resource node spawns, it has an even chance to be based on either level or passive rank.
- For example, if you are Level 3 and have purchased Metalworking up to Rank 5, half the ore nodes found in scaled zones will be Iron, and half will be Ebony.
We have begun an effort to improve clipping and floating issues seen with a large amount of our armors and costumes. A test batch of updated armors will be available with this patch. In each of the cases listed, there should be a significant improvement with shoulder pad and tasset floating/clipping. We will target additional armors for future updates based on your feedback.
- Undaunted Armor and Motif
- Dark Brotherhood Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor
- Aldmeri/Daggerfall/Ebonheart Alliance Armor and Motifs
Combat Animation Prioritization
We adjusted the combat animation priority so that you will see impacts and effects for each ability and attack fired when played in rapid succession, without it affecting DPS. Blocking mechanics have been excluded from this change based on feedback from the last PTS testing cycle.
When stealing from an NPC, their profession is now displayed on the pickpocket prompt. An NPC's profession influences the type of goods they are likely to be carrying, so picking the pocket of a Priest (or Cultist!) gives you a better chance at religious goods than stealing from a Scholar or a Smith.
We will be supplying six Dark Brotherhood character templates with two options for each alliance: one template that is level 50 with 300 Champion Point, and one template that is level 49. In addition, we've made some improvements to the crafting options included in templates:
- All crafting lines except Provisioner will be maxed out. This will be addressed in a future PTS patch.
- You will have full knowledge of all Equipment Traits, including Nirnhoned.
- You will receive a new item, “The Ultimate Crafting Crate”. This crate contains:
- 10x of “The Alchemist's Crate”
- 10x “The Crafter's Materials Crate”
- 1x “Crafter's Limitless Library”
- 1x “The Traveled Crafter's Crate”
- Their contents are as follows:
- “The Alchemist's Crate” contains 200x of every kind of Water, every kind of Alchemy Reagent, and every kind of Oil (used in poisoncrafting). This includes the new Reagents introduced with Poisoncrafting, as well.
- “The Crafter's Materials Crate” contains 200x of every kind of Refined Material, of every level, for Clothiers, Blacksmiths, and Woodworkers. It also contains 200x of each kind of improvement material.
- “The Crafter's Limitless Library” contains the full Style Book for every Style that your character does not know. This allows you to pick and choose which styles you'd like to learn, or you can just read all the books and learn everything.
- “The Traveled Crafter's Crate” contains 200x of every Trait item (including both Nirncrux variants), ever refined Style Item currently available, and 200x Crown Mimic Stones.
Art & Animation
- If you equip the Mannimarco reward costume, any facial adornments will display a metallic texture.
- When using medium or lower graphics settings, some character models will display pink heads.
- The voiceover in Dark Brotherhood is currently not complete. In these cases, NPCs may be completely silent or have robotic-sounding voices.
Combat & Gameplay
- Shadowy Supplier
- Currently, the Shadowy Supplier will often fail to provide a stealth-focused reward. Potions and Equipment will be provided as intended. ** This will be fixed in a future PTS patch.
- The Monk's Disguise that the Shadowy Supplier will occasionally award is not currently functional. This will be fixed in a future PTS patch.
- The Outlaws Refuge maps do not currently have a pin to point out the Shadowy Supplier.
Veteran Rank Removal
- You will still be receiving the full XP amount when killing monsters 40 or more Champion Points below your level, rather than at a reduced rate. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.
Crafting & Economy
- Craft Bags are cleared out after creating a character on the PTS using a pre-made template. This is a bug with the templates and not the Craft Bags, so the bug won't replicate on the Live megaservers.
- Poison effects are intended to become weaker (diluted) as the number of effects on the potion increases. This behavior is not yet working as intended, so potions with multiple effects are currently much stronger than they should be.
- The drain effect on certain poison types is not currently applied correctly.
- Certain new reagent and solvents currently drop from monsters and critters more often than intended.
- Poison effects currently have no icon in your Active Effects panel.
- Poisons currently scale their effects with the level of your equipped weapon, instead of correctly scaling with the poison itself.
- Poison tooltips often have inaccurate damage and healing values.
- Several poisons currently have names that do not match their effect.
- For example, a poison that immobilizes your target may be called a Stun poison.
Exploration & Itemization
- Certain items in the Sithis' Touch set currently have visuals from the Assassins League style instead of the correct Dark Brotherhood style.
- The Tel Var Stone bonus is currently being applied while in the Imperial Sewers, which is not intended.
Imperial City Fixes & Improvements
Combat & Gameplay
- Removed the gate on the Arena coliseum.
- Spider Daedra that appear in certain events in the Nobles District now drop appropriate Spider Daedra loot, and are correctly vulnerable to attacks that affect Daedra.
- Flesh Colossus
- Stumble Forward no longer displays telegraph cones, but will still strike multiple targets.
- Gati the Storm Sister
- Storm Shadows can no longer be interrupted.
- Nullify Silence and Pet Stun now last 2 seconds, increased from 0.65 seconds.
- Otholug gro-Goldfolly
- Aspect of Terror can no longer be interrupted.
- Aspect of Terror's fear effect can now be dodged along with the rest of the ability.
- Aspect of Terror now has a shorter cast time, and can only hit one target.
- Aspect of Terror no longer affects the targeted player character before it actually hits.
- Blocking Fright Force is now more intuitive.
- Patrolling Horrors
- Daedric Arch scamps summoned by Baron Thirsk now have less health.
- Amoncrul: Antimagic Reduced the field that targets player characters and the monster itself to two player characters from three.
- Immolator Charr: Regeneration no longer heals Immolator Charr to full health.
- Mazaluhad: Zombies now explode for three times as much damage.
- Burning Ground no longer creates three telegraphs for each flame circle, and now hits half as often.
- Crazed Claw deals slightly less damage.
- Ysenda Resplendant: Your health will no longer desync while fighting Ysenda Resplendant.
- Zoal the Ever-Wakeful: Shocking Gaze now hits every second instead of twice per second.
- Mind Spike now works like Clairvoyance and matches the indicated telegraph, and suppresses all forms of stealth. Unlike Clairvoyance, ** Mind Spike remains in combat.
- Xivkyn Elite
- Drain Essence now heals for 5% of the maximum health if your character dies while being drained.
- Enraged Strike now deals significantly less damage.
- Fire Runes now hit less often.
- Force Pulse now deals far more damage.
- Reduced the shield from Healing Shield. It now absorbs 4% of the monster's health in damage against 4 players, down from 12%. Healing Shield also now heals less damage over time.
- Lava Whip's cast time is now much longer and can be blocked.
- Rotating Reflective Shield no longer damages and knocks back melee and ranged physical attacks.
- While green, Rotating Reflective Shield now reduces damage from melee attacks and reflects ranged physical attacks.
- While blue, Rotating Reflective shield reflects spell projectiles.
- Standing in a Lich Crystal now deals more damage. The detonation damage from the Lich Crystal remains unchanged.
- Steel Cyclone now deals far more damage per hit.
- Teleport Strike is no longer immediately followed by another attack when it hits.
- Vampiric Ground no longer heals for the first two hits after placement; it now deals less damage for the first two hits, and more damage starting with the third.
Exploration & Itemization
- Updated the goods sold by Tel Var Stone merchants to include many more set items and rare goods.
- You will now receive the Dungeon Finder completion rewards for running White Gold Tower.
- Due to recent landscaping changes, many of the fishing holes in the Imperial City have been relocated to other nearby locations.
- Updated the locations and achievement hints for two Imperial City skyshards, to account for changes to the battlefield around them.
Quests & Zones
- Knowledge is Power: The quest objective marker for this quest will now appear in the correct place.
- The Lock and The Legion: Summoned pets will no longer mimic Captain Regilus' lines.
Orsinium Fixes & Improvements
Art & Animation
- Malacath Armor: Equipping the Malacath medium helmet will no remove your facial hair.
- Trinimac Armor: Fixed a texture-related issue for the shoulders of the Trinimac light armors when certain hoods were equipped. We also fixed an issue where you would see severely-distorted textures when your arms were raised or in combat idle while wearing the heavy torso.
Combat & Gameplay
- Fixed an issue with the collision with the domesticated bear.
- Echalettes no longer have collision.
- The off-balance indicator no longer displays upside-down for Dwarven Sentries in turret-mode.
Exploration & Itemization
- Added weapons to the Briarheart, Trinimac's Valor, and Mark of the Pariah sets.
- These weapons now drop from the Daily Recompense boxes obtained for completing dailies in Orsinium, just as the armors and jewelry of those sets do.
- The chance to obtain non-set items from these boxes has been reduced to make room for these weapons.
- Fixed an issue that was causing NPC pockets to appear empty more often than intended in Wrothgar after pickpocketing several NPCs in the area.
- Improved the rewards for Maelstrom Arena so now every level of the Arena is guaranteed to grant a set item.
- Note: The only exception is the final Arena on Veteran mode, which may still drop a Maelstrom Weapon instead.
- Maelstrom Arena leaderboard rewards are now guaranteed to contain a Maelstrom Weapon, and have an additional 50% chance to award a piece of Jewelry as well.
- Expanded the weapons awarded through the Maelstrom Arena leaderboard to include a wider variety of Traits, including Nirnhoned.
Quests & Zones
- The Merchant and Friendship Gates will now take you to Bangkorai and Stormhaven, respectively, and there is a new cart in Orsinium to return you to your alliance's main city.
- Carts to Orsinium in Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch, and Daggerfall will bring you to the Merchant's Gate until you complete the quest "Invitation to Orsinium."
- Doing so will then teleport you to the cart in Orsinium.
- A Question of Succession: The truffles are now easier to interact with once uncovered.
- Blood on a King's Hands: Kurog will now wait to finish speaking before he leaps down from the platform.
- Draugr Dilemma: The quest assists for the sarcophagus will now always display.
Thieves Guild Fixes & Improvements
Art & Animation
- Pirharri the Smuggler will no longer look up at the sky while you interact with her.
- Cleaned up several visible seams and texture issues on NPCs found throughout the Thieves Guild.
- Abah's Watch Armor:
- Improved any visible clipping during various animations when heavy armor is worn by female player characters.
- Cleaned up some stretched textures visible on the shoulderpads of the heavy armor.
- Improved the textures for the arm guards and elbow pads.
- Thieves Guild Armor: Fixed an issue that could cause a visible gap between the lower legs and feet of the light armor robe.
- Added collision to a wall in the Iron Wheel headquarters that was allowing you to exit incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that would cause deadfall traps to suddenly pop out of existence after being triggered.
- Fire Traps in the Iron Wheel Headquarters will now display the burn for the duration of the fire.
- Various merchants in Hew's Bane now have the proper voiceovers.
- The stewards of the Fighters and Mages Guilds in Abah's Landing now have the correct voiceovers.
Combat & Gameplay
- Clairvoyant circles are now revealed while hiding, even if you did not start hiding while crouched.
- You may now use the Footpads associated with the Timely Escape passive even while stunned, as intended.
- Fixed an issue with the collision with domesticated camels.
- Encase, cast by guards, will no longer hit anyone who is not actually in combat with the guard.
Crafting & Economy
- The cooking fires outside of The Hew's Mane and The Serpent and the Senche taverns can now be used for Provisioning.
Dungeons & Group Content
Maw of Lorkhaj Trial
- Boss 1: Zhaj'hassa the Forgotten
- Items from Zhaj'hassa the Forgotten will now scale all the way up to Champion 160.
- Boss 3: Rakkhat, the Fang of Lorkhaj
- Fixed an extremely rare issue where Rakkhat would to fail to drop items on Normal mode.
- Bahraha's Gloom
- Fixed an issue where several objects were mislabeled as bottles.
- Shark's Teeth Grotto
- Quest assists in Shark's Teeth Grotto will now display consistently.
Exploration & Itemization
- Various books from areas closed off during quests have been placed in the world to aid those working on Eidetic Memory.
- Fixed an issue so loot from certain chests in Maw of Lorkhaj are now scaled based on the level of the instance.
- Fixed an issue where one of the locations for the “Flesh to Cut from Bone” Mages Guild book was completely submerged in water.
- Fixed an issue that was causing NPC pockets to appear empty more often than intended in Hew's Bane after pickpocketing several NPCs in the area.
Quests & Zones
- Fixed various areas throughout Hew's Bane where you could escape the intended playable space.
- Shops found in Abah's Landing now have more signs!
- Fixed various typos found throughout dialogue.
- Improved and polished various theater moments and conversations throughout the main quest content.
- Some NPCs with levitation powers have been moved to actual chairs.
- Fixed various interior areas that mistakenly had exterior-type lighting.
- Kari, found near the Tip Board, will no longer appear twice.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck in Silver-Claw's Office.
- The location "Placations of Zeht" is now more accurately reflected on the map.
- Fixed various locations where you could get stuck.
- Improved the camera behavior at several crafting stations in Hew's Bane.
- The difficulty level of Deadhollow Halls is now more consistent with the other Heists.
- A Faded Flower: You can no longer speak to Narahni before her scene is completed.
- A Flawless Plan: The crew in the tomb will now react more appropriately to Lakayd.
- All Hands on Deck: Chief Inspector Rhanbiq no longer has a chance to appear twice.
- Forever Hold Your Peace:
- Dashka the dog will now be less erratic while following you.
- Fixed an issue where the palace doors wouldn't unlock properly while you were in a group.
- Zeira will no longer repeat her lines for every group member attending the event.
- Partners in Crime: You will no longer get trapped inside the homestead if you backtrack after reaching the catacombs.
- Shell Game: Quest assists will now point you to the correct area in the Velmont mansion.
- That Which Was Lost:
- Only those actively on this quest will be able to find Erendette's account notes.
- Stealing the debt page will now be shared with your group members.
- The Covetous Countess: Shudeya and Esdeline Sourt are no longer standing on top of each other; that was pretty rude behavior.
- The Shark's Teeth: The sigil on Suicide Cliff will now always appear when painted on.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
- Keeps now have XP rewards based on kills in the area, much like the Alliance Point pool rewards.
- This pool is rewarded to players that defend a keep or capture an enemy keep.
- Forward Camps can no longer be deployed in your starter locations in Cyrodiil.
- You no longer can tab-target siege weapons.
- You can now choose to unassign yourself from a campaign entirely.
- The Cyrodiil quests unlocked with the Bounty Hunter passive have been changed to Daily Quests instead of Repeatable Quests.
- The experience awarded by those quests has been increased, and they also award Alliance Points and an Ornate item which can be sold for gold.
- Increased the chance to receive a piece of Jewelry from the Cyrodiil leaderboard rewards to 50%.
- Expanded the rewards for those in the top 2% of the leaderboard to include a wider variety of Traits, including Nirnhoned.
- Adhazabi Aba-daro now vanishes as spectacularly as she appears.
- You may have witnessed Adhazabi Aba-daro's aides passing through solid objects. This no longer occurs.
Art & Animation
- Guild tabards are now overridden by costumes, instead of the reverse.
- Fixed some noticeable visible seams that were between parts on several armors and costumes.
- Made several improvements on many armor sets to improve the overall fit or clipping issues when worn by Argonian and Khajiit player characters.
Fixed clipping issues with armor worn on hands (paws?) and toes on Argonian and Khajiit player characters.
- Argonian armor: Improved the overall fit of the helm on female Argonian player characters so their eyes will no longer be covered.
- Dunmer armor: Medium helms will no longer look as squished and enlarged on Argonian and Khajiit player characters.
- Dwemer armor:
- Light helms will no longer float away from your face or clip into heads of larger Argonian player characters.
- Medium helms will no longer look as squished and enlarged on Argonian and Khajiit player characters.
- Golden Saint armor: Improved the previously-visible clipping when worn by large male humanoid characters.
- Imperial armor: Medium helms will no longer clip when worn by Argonian and Khajiit characters.
- Imperial Daedric armor: Elbow pads will no longer clip when in first-person mode.
- Soul Shriven armor: Fixed an issue that was causing arrows in the quiver to visibly clip through the bow when the weapon is docked.
- Yokudan armor: Removing foot armor or wearing boots with no knee pads will no longer cause your elbow pads to disappear.
- Fixed many issues with clipping, collision, seams and floating objects throughout the entirety of the game.
- Reduced the dark aura around crouching characters.
- Fixed a number of cases where audio wasn't playing properly for certain monsters and abilities.
- Polished the audio for many of the abilities.
- Polished many locations where the sound and/or music didn't quite fit the space or, in some cases, was missing entirely.
- Improved the audio used by a number of monsters, critters and objects in the world.
- Fixed a number mismatched or erroneous text/voice-over pairings throughout the game.
Combat & Gameplay
- Abilities that heal based on their damage done (Strife, Puncturing Sweeps, etc.) will no longer “double dip” in the Critical Strike modifier.
- The damage from these abilities can still Critically Strike, but the healing will no longer be able to roll for an additional Critical Strike chance.
- All pets and summons will now have 5000 additional health in PvP areas.
- Break Free no longer removes or provides immunity to silence effects.
- This change mainly applies to the Negate Magic player ability, as most content and monster-based silence effects were already unbreakable.
- Charge abilities, such as Focused Charge and Shield Charge, will now fire more reliably.
- Fixed an issue where you were able to block the damage over time from various player abilities, such as Poison Arrow or Unstable Flame.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to cast some abilities, such as Regeneration, without respect to the global cooldown.
- Fixed an issue where the resource return values from Heavy Attacks were not scaling upwards after level 50.
- Fixed numerous ability tooltips for grammar, spelling, and formatting. Any significant tooltip revisions will be called out specifically below.
- Fixed numerous issues with abilities displaying incorrect or placeholder icons in the Active Effects window, or with the bufftrackers of various player-created addons.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the initial staff animation for Rapid Regeneration and several other spells to fire off twice in rapid succession.
- Ability costs are now color coded in the tooltip.
- Magicka costs are light blue
- Stamina costs are yellow-green
- Ardent Flame
- Burning Breath (Fiery Breath morph): Renamed this morph to Noxious Breath. In addition, this morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage.
- Kindling: Renamed this passive ability to Combustion. In addition, this passive ability now also increases the damage of the Poisoned status effect, in addition to the Burning status effect.
- Unstable Flame (Searing Strike morph): Renamed this morph to Venomous Claw. In addition, this morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage.
- World in Flame: Renamed this passive ability to World in Ruin. In addition, this passive ability now also increases the damage of Poison area of effect abilities, in addition to Flame area of effect abilities.
- Earthen Heart
- Corrosive Armor (Magma Armor morph): This morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage.
- Fossilize (Petrify morph):
- Reduced the duration of the root applied from this morph after the disorient ends to 3 seconds at all ranks from 2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds at ranks I/II/III/IV respectively.
- Fossilize now deals slightly more damage as it ranks up.
- Updated the visual effects for the root from this morph to be more visually obvious.
- Fragmented Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we also increased the damage this morph deals when the shield expires or is removed by 30%.
- Obsidian Shield: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Incapacitating Strike (Death Stroke morph): This morph now always stuns the target when it is used, regardless of the caster's health. This morph now also deals Disease Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Killer's Blade (Assassin's Blade morph): This morph now deals Disease Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Lotus Fan (Teleport Strike morph): Fixed an issue where the damage over time applied by this morph was not being correctly suppressed by invisibility effects such as Shadow Cloak.
- Relentless Focus (Grim Focus morph): This morph's spectral bow proc has been renamed to “Assassin's Scourge”, and now deals Disease Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Shadow Cloak: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could be used to completely negate the Meteor ability.
- Dark Magic
- Absorption Field (Negate Magic morph): Redesigned this morph so it now heals you and your allies standing within the area of effect, in addition to stunning or silencing enemies.
- Suppression Field (Negate Magic morph): Redesigned this morph so it now damages enemies standing within the area of effect, in addition to stunning or silencing enemies.
- Daedric Summoning
- Fixed an issue where many Sorcerer pets did not have any Physical Resistance. They will now all have a normalized amount of Physical Resistance equal to their Spell Resistance.
- Bound Armor: This ability and its morphs no longer permanently change your appearance when they are toggled on; instead, they now only display a brief visual effect when toggled on.
- Conjured Ward: Reduced the duration of this ability and the Hardened Ward morph to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Empowered Ward (Conjured Ward morph): Reduced the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Expert Summoner:
- Redesigned this passive ability so it now grants you 4/8% more maximum health whenever you have a Daedric Summoning pet active.
- This passive ability's old bonuses are now baseline effects for your pets.
- Storm Calling
- Thundering Presence (Lightning Form morph):
- Renamed this morph to Hurricane.
- Redesigned this morph so it now increases the size and damage of the periodic effect the longer it is active, increasing up to 225% more damage and up to 9 meters in size.
- This morph now deals Physical Damage instead of Shock Damage.
- Thundering Presence (Lightning Form morph):
- Aedric Spear
- Burning Light: This passive ability now deals Physical Damage or Magic Damage, based on whether your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage is higher respectively.
- Dawn's Wrath
- Cleansing Ritual: This ability now always removes 2 harmful effects from the casting Templar as a baseline effect, increased from 1 harmful effect.
- Extended Ritual (Cleansing Ritual morph): Increased this morph's duration to 18/20/22/24 seconds at Ranks I/II/III/IV respectively, from 16/18/20/22 seconds.
- Focused Healing:
- Renamed this passive ability to Sacred Ground.
- This passive ability has gained a new effect. In addition to providing the Major Mending buff, it now also reduces the Movement Speed of enemies by 15/30% whenever they stand in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area of effects.
- Purifying Ritual (Cleansing Ritual morph): Renamed this morph to Ritual of Retribution, In addition, we redesigned this morph so it now damages enemies in its area of effect every 2 seconds for the same amount that it heals allies.
- Rushed Ceremony: This ability and its morphs can no longer heal allies through walls and other line of sight blockers.
- Two Handed
- Cleave: Increased the damage over time from this ability and its morphs by 20%.
- Executioner (Reverse Slash morph): Redesigned this morph so it no longer passively increases the damage of all Two Handed abilities while slotted; instead, it increases the scaling bonus damage to low health targets to a maximum of 335/340/345/350% more damage at Ranks I/II/III/IV, increased from 300%.
- Forward Momentum (Momentum morph): Increased the duration of the snare and immobilization immunity provided by this morph to 5/6/7/8 seconds at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds.
- Reverse Slice (Reverse Slash morph): Increased the splash damage percentage from this morph to 59/61/63/65% at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 41/42/43/44%.
- Uppercut: This ability and the Wrecking Blow morph no longer knockback and stun enemies hit.
- Note: Wrecking Blow will continue to add the Major Empower buff to your next attack as a morph effect.
- Dizzying Swing will no longer apply the Minor Maim debuff to enemies hit; instead, it will add a knockback and stun to the ability.
- One Hand and Shield
- Defensive Stance (Defensive Posture morph): Fixed an issue where this morph's stun effect would trigger on every reflection if you layered Defensive Stance with any other reflect ability.
- Power Bash:
- Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by 85%, but it will no longer stun or disorient enemies hit.
- Reduced the range of this ability and its morphs to the standard instant-cast melee range of 5 meters from 7 meters.
- Power Slam (Power Bash morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we redesigned this morph so while slotted, blocking an attack will increase the damage of your next Power Slam by 25% for 5 seconds.
- Dual Wield
- Blade Cloak: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not dealing their final tick of damage; they will now tick 6 times over their full duration instead of just 5 times.
- Blinding Flurry (Flurry morph):
- Renamed this morph to Bloodthirst.
- In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph has been redesigned so it now heals you for 60% of the damage done with the final hit.
- Deadly Cloak (Blade Cloak morph): Redesigned this morph so it no longer grants a thrown knife on activation; instead, it increases the area of effect damage by 70%.
- Reduced the channel durations for this ability and its morphs to 0.6 seconds from 1.3 seconds, and also now hit 5 times instead of 6.
- Reduced the overall damage and costs to compensate the above changes.
- Note: The total DPS when using these abilities should remain unchanged.
- Hidden Blade: Increased the amount of time this ability and its morphs provide the Major Brutality buff to 20 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Rapid Strikes (Flurry morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, the increase in damage for each subsequent hit has been increased to 3% more damage, up from 2% more damage, to account for the decrease in total hits.
Note: This morph continues to increase the damage of subsequent hits as a morph effect.
- Draining Shot (Scatter Shot morph): Redesigned this morph so it now heals you when the disorient ends.
- Poison Arrow:
- Increased the damage over time from this ability and its morphs by 12%.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not applying their damage over time to targets that blocked or absorbed the damage.
- Scorched Earth (Volley morph):
- Renamed this morph to Endless Hail.
- Redesigned this morph so it now increases the duration of the arrow volley to 10 seconds, reduces the cost, and deals Physical Damage instead of Flame Damage.
- Restoration Staff
- Steadfast Ward: This ability and its morphs can no longer shield allies through walls and other line of sight blockers.
- Light Armor
- Annulment: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds. In addition, this ability and its morphs now absorb all damage instead of just spell damage.
- Note: The Harness Magicka morph will continue to return Magicka only when spell damage is absorbed as a morph effect.
- Annulment: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds. In addition, this ability and its morphs now absorb all damage instead of just spell damage.
- Heavy Armor
- Renamed this passive ability to Wrath.
- Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 10/20 for 6 seconds after taking damage at Ranks I/II respectively, stacking up to 10 times.
- Constitution: Increased the amount of Magicka and Stamina restored from this passive ability whenever you are hit by approximately 275%.
- Juggernaut: Increased the amount of maximum health this passive grants per piece of Heavy Armor to 1/2% at Ranks I/II from 0.5/1%.
- Rapid Mending:
- This passive ability no longer increments its bonuses with each piece of Heavy Armor, and now requires 5 pieces or more of Heavy Armor to be worn.
- Increased the healing taken bonus to 4/8%
- This ability now increases the amount of resources your Heavy Attacks restore by 25/50% at Ranks I/II.
- Dark Stalker: This passive ability now only functions when you are in Vampire Stage 4.
- Drain Essence: This ability and its morphs now tick 3 times over their channel durations, down from 4, but their damage per tick has been increased and they now restore 20% of your missing health per tick to compensate.
- Mist Form:
- This ability and its morphs now remove previously applied snares and immobilizations, in addition to making you immune to any new ones while active.
- Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 5%.
- Updated the tooltip for this ability and its morphs to indicate it has always disabled your Magicka Recovery while active.
- Poison Mist (Mist Form morph):
- Renamed this morph to Baleful Mist.
- In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now ticks and deals damage every second instead of every 1.5 seconds, causing it to deal damage 1 additional time over its duration.
- This morph now deals Magic Damage instead of Poison Damage.
- Supernatural Recovery: This passive ability no longer requires a Vampire ability to be slotted, and now only functions when you are in Vampire Stage 2 or higher.
- Undeath: This passive ability now only functions when you are in Vampire Stage 3 or higher.
- Increased the timer to advance each Vampire Stage to 6 hours from 30 minutes, but casting any Vampire ability will advance this timer by 30 minutes. Feeding as a Vampire will continue to lower your Vampire Stage by 1.
- Vampire Stage benefits and penalties are now as follows:
- Stage 1: 0% Flame Damage taken, 0% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 0% Health Recovery reduction
- Stage 2: 15% Flame Damage taken, 7% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 25% Health Recovery reduction
- Stage 3: 20% Flame Damage taken, 14% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 50% Health Recovery reduction
- Stage 4: 25% Flame Damage taken, 21% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 75% Health Recovery reduction
- Call of the Pack: Redesigned this passive ability so it now reduces the cost of staying in Werewolf form by 10/20% for each transformed Werewolf in your group, including yourself, up to a maximum of 40/80% at Ranks I/II.
- Pack Leader (Werewolf Transformation|]] morph): Redesigned this morph so it now summons 2 dire wolf companions to fight by your side for the duration of your transformation. If killed, the dire wolves will return after 16/14/12/10 seconds at Ranks I/II/III/IV respectively.
- Fighters Guild
- Banish the Wicked: This passive ability now grants Ultimate whenever you kill Werewolves, as well as Undead and Daedra.
- Camouflaged Hunter (Expert Hunter morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now also grants the Minor Berserk buff for 5/6/7/8 seconds after dealing a Critical Hit from crouch at Ranks I/II/III/IV.
- Circle of Protection: This ability and its morphs now grant the Minor Endurance buff in addition to the Minor Protection buff.
- Dawnbreaker: This ability and its morphs no longer deal bonus damage to Undead and Daedra, and now deals Physical Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Dawnbreaker of Smiting (Dawnbreaker morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph also now knocks down any enemy hit instead of only Undead and Daedra. We also reduced the duration of the knock down to 2.5 seconds from 5 seconds.
- Evil Hunter (Expert Hunter morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now also reduces the Stamina cost of Fighters Guild abilities by 25% while active.
- Expert Hunter: Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they no longer grant a small chance to deal additional bonus damage; instead, they can be activated to reveal hidden or invisible enemies in a 6 meter radius for 5 seconds, and prevents revealed enemies from returning to stealth for 3 seconds.
- These abilities will continue illuminate Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves and grant Major Savagery while slotted.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker (Dawnbreaker morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we reduced the amount of Weapon Damage this morph increases while slotted to 2/3/4/5% at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 5/6/7/8%.
- Intimidating Presence: This passive ability now also reduces the cost of Fighters Guild abilities by 20%.
- Ring of Preservation (Circle of Protection morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we redesigned this morph so it now decreases the cost of Roll Dodge by 20% while within the area of effect.
- Silver Bolts: This ability and its morphs no longer knock down or deal bonus damage to Undead and Daedra; instead, they now reduce the Movement Speed of any enemy hit by 40% for 6 seconds.
- Silver Leash (Silver Bolts morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph also now pulls the caster to the target when it is activated a second time. Additionally, the caster can pull themselves to any target instead of just Undead and Daedra targets.
- Silver Shards (Silver Bolts morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we increased the amount of additional targets this morph can hit to 5 additional targets from 2.
- Slayer: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases your Weapon Damage by 1/2/3% for each Fighters Guild ability slotted at Ranks I/II/III respectively, instead of increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 3/6/9% against Undead and Daedra.
- Skilled Tracker: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases all damage dealt with Fighters Guild abilities by 20% against Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves. Fighters Guild abilities no longer innately have a bonus to Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves without this passive ability.
- Trap Beast: This ability and its morphs now apply their damage over time to any enemy hit instead of only Undead and Daedra. In addition, this ability and its morphs now deal Physical Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Turn Undead (Circle of Protection morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we increased the duration of the area of effect to 12 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Mages Guild
- Balance (Equilibrium morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we also redesigned this morph so it no longer grants the Major Fortitude buff for 17 seconds after casting; instead, it grants the Major Resolve and Major Ward buffs for 4 seconds after casting.
- Equilibrium: Reduced the health cost for this ability and its morphs by 20%. The amount of Magicka gained in exchange remains unchanged.
- Blood Altar: This ability and its morphs no longer grant the Major Fortitude buff to you and allies in its area of effect; instead, they grant Minor Lifesteal, a new buff that heals you for 2% of all damage done.
- Bone Shield:
- This ability and its morphs now absorb all damage instead of just physical damage.
- This ability and its morphs will now scale their damage shield values based on your maximum stamina instead of your maximum health.
Increased the synergy activation radius from this ability and its morphs to 4 meters from 3 meters.
- Trapping Webs:
- Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they are now ground-placed area of effect abilities which create webs at the targeted location for 5 seconds, reducing the Movement Speed of enemies within by 50%. When the webs expire they burst into venom, dealing Poison Damage to enemies within.
- This ability and its morphs are now Stamina abilities, and scale with Weapon Damage and Maximum Stamina.
- The synergy for this ability and its morphs now deal Poison Damage.
- Trapping Webs:
Alliance War Assault
- Magicka Detonation: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 45%. They now deal 25% additional damage per target hit, up from 10%, and cap that bonus damage up to a total of 250% more damage done, up from 100% more damage done. The net result should be significantly less damage to 1 target, and slightly less damage to 10 targets.
- Proximity Detonation (Magicka Detonation morph): Fixed an issue where the red telegraph circle from this ability was remaining at the last seen spot the enemy player was before they became invisible. It will now also be invisible when the enemy player is invisible.
- Vigor: Casting Vigor with a staff equipped will no longer make the staff go through your legs.
- Tactician: Fixed an issue where this passive ability was increasing the damage of Siege Weapons against players and monsters.
- Guard: Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they no longer intercept projectiles around you; instead, they are now single target abilities that can be cast on an ally to tether to them. While tethered, 30% of the damage they take is redistributed to you.
Your Stamina Recovery is disabled while tethered to the ally, but the tether can be broken by recasting the spell or moving more than 15 meters away from them.
- The Ritual
- Thaumaturge: Fixed an issue where this Champion ability was increasing the damage of various non-damage over time effects, such as Daedric Curse or Magicka Detonation.
- Known Issue: Currently, Thaumaturge is still increasing the tooltip values of those abilities. This will be fixed in a future PTS patch.
- Thaumaturge: Fixed an issue where this Champion ability was increasing the damage of various non-damage over time effects, such as Daedric Curse or Magicka Detonation.
- Swarming Dwarven Spiders will now pulse with a yellow energy that distinguishes them from their non-swarming counterparts.
- Foxes and Fennec Foxes no longer have any collision.
- Many non-humanoid monsters previously treated as humanoids for loot and vulnerability have been re-categorized. Many humanoid monsters previously treated as non-humanoids have been similarly re-categorized.
- Dwarven Centurion
- Sweeping Spin will now be correctly cast by boss Dwarven Centurions.
- Fear Mage
- Fright Force can now be cast while silenced.
- Fright Force now requires proper line of sight to begin casting. Once this spell has begun casting, it no longer requires line of sight.
- Fire Mage
- Flare can now be cast while silenced.
- Frost Mage
- Ice Arrow can now be cast while silenced.
- The first tick of Focused Healing now begins 0.5 seconds after the channel begins, and also heals less for the first 3 ticks.
- Focused Healing now stops when the line of sight is broken. Previously, it would continue to channel without healing the target.
- Healers are now healed less by their own Focused Healing.
- Minor Wound can now be cast while silenced.
- Justice Guards
- Cage Talons will no longer hit you if you're not in combat with the guard.
- Necrotic Spear can now be cast while silenced.
- Pet Ranger
- Call Ally now displays a horn, and plays a horn blast.
- Coiled Lash can now be cast while silenced.
- Magelight now correctly reveals stealthed targets.
- Storm Mage
- Shock can now be cast while silenced.
- Shock now requires a proper line of sight to begin casting. Once this spell has begun casting, it no longer requires line of sight.
- Coldharbour Sentinel's eye is no longer on backwards. Previously, it would see anyone standing behind it, not in front.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue that caused Barbarian daggers above level 36 to use the level 1 appearance. They now use the proper, more impressive, model.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Daedric axes from upgrading their appearance at the correct level. They will now upgrade their model at level 26, rather than 36.
- Changed the fourth alchemical trait on White Cap from Lower Spell Crit to Detection, to avoid a quadruple effect match. This quadruple match was not supported by the system, and is no longer possible.
- Bundles now have an additional callout for the number of products in them.
- Nuzimeh the Merchant and Tythis Andromo the Banker can now only be used by their summoner and that summoner's group members, as was the original intention of their contracts.
- Clarified tutorials related to various Crown Store products, particularly Crown Soul Gems, Assistants, and Crown Mimic Stones.
- The Escape key can now be used to close the Crown Store Announcement window.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing you from being able to preview products in the Crown Store.
- Cuffs on the Brilliance Brocade Robe and Summit Lord's Silken Robes will no longer have a visible gap where they should connect to the sleeve.
- Glass Armor Motif: Fixed an issue where the elbow pads were visible while in first-person view.
- Nord Hero Costume: Fixed an issue that was causing parts of this costume to clip into the shin and neck areas for several female characters.
- Royal Court Jester Costume:
- You will no longer see through areas of the torso from this costume when looking at it from the ground up. What were you doing on the ground in the first place?
- Fixed several separation issues between the neck and cowl.
Dungeons & Group Content
- It is no longer possible for Nak'ta to teleport into the walls of Dragonstar Arena.
- Expanded the rewards for Trial leaderboards to include a wider variety of Traits, including Nirnhoned.
- Veteran City of Ash
- This dungeon will now be slightly less difficult to complete.
Exploration & Itemization
- Improved the rewards obtained from the Undaunted chests.
- The items you obtain from the chests always scale with your level, all the way up to Champion 160.
- We've also increased the availability of Monster Shoulder set items in these chests.
- Gold chests will now always contain a Monster Shoulder set item, Silver Chests often contain one, and Bronze chests occasionally contain one.
- With the introduction of hats, we've made the Vosk Rakh Ceremonial Mask and Cadwell's Helm of Heroism into hats! This means you can now wear them alongside your favorite Costumes and Skins.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some stealable Redguard jerkins and jacks to give items that could be equipped to your chest slot, but would appear as epaulets and arm cops. These now include proper epaulets and arm cops, which are equipped in your shoulder slot.
- Many items that were previously labeled “Trophy” now have a more specific label.
- For example, Treasure Maps are now labeled “Treasure Map”.
- Edited the names of Polymorphs since they now have their own screen in the Collections menu, removing the now-redundant word "Polymorph".
- Tamriel Expert Adventurer: Updated the text to match the names of the individual achievements required to complete this achievement.
- Knightmare: This item set now applies the Minor Maim debuff instead of reducing the enemy's damage. In addition, the cooldown has been removed as well.
- Scourge Harvester: Fixed an issue where the heal from this item set's proc was being reduced by Battle Spirit; healing based on damage done will no longer be double-penalized by Battle Spirit.
- Spawn of Mephala: The webs created by this item set now deal Poison Damage, and are mitigated against the target's Physical Resistance.
- The Fetish of Anger Memento no longer grants additional damage on your next attack. It will still display its visual effects when used, so you can still use it to get really angry.
- Updated the icons and descriptions of various stolen treasures.
- Made several small improvements to the cultural categorization for stolen treasures. You are now a little more likely to find items appropriate to the culture of the zone you are located in.
- The “Wall Decor” treasure type is now correctly “Wall Décor”.
Audio When you pickpocket an NPC until they have nothing left, your victim is now likely to comment on their significantly lighter pockets.
- Made some minor performance improvements across the game.
- Fixed a number of commonly occurring crashes.
Quests & Zones
- Fixed a rare issue that was preventing certain quest rewards from displaying a tooltip.
- The Wayward Dagger: Fixed an issue that was causing Lakhazga to accidentally reveal you while sneaking.
- Soul Survivors: Fixed an issue where the environmental damage would deal 0 damage upon death, but your armor still lost durability.
- Fixed an issue that causing you to receive a smaller than intended Magicka Resistance buff after interacting with the magical anomaly/aura just outside of Elenhir.
- Ilthag's Undertower: Fixed an issue where knocking monsters back into the cages could cause them to stay in a spot where players could no longer reach them.
- The Shattered and the Lost: Daderic Runes that appear during this quest line will now be more legible.
- A Family Divided: Sela will now continue following you on re-entering, resurrecting, or sharing this quest in the Forgotten Crypts.
- What Lies Beneath:
- General Gavryn Redoran will now fight properly after transforming.
- You must now collect the signet for this quest, instead of the boss' head. Collecting the signet and defeating the boss will also be shared with your group members.
- Party Planning: Added a backpack with the Dunmer Cultural Garb next to Rigurt at the docks in case you happen to lose your garb.
- Back-Alley Murders: You will now consistently get credit for the boss fight during this quest.
- Bloodthorn Assassins: Fixed an issue where the quest marker would disappear when descending the stairs on the quest step "follow King Casimir upstairs."
- Striking at the Heart: Indaenir will now respawn within Hectahame Grotto if he gets stuck while walking.
- Something Rotten: You will no longer see a “Use” option for the Cold Water quest item while in the Quest Items UI.
- Baan Dar's Bash: The Baan Dar now eat their chicken and drink their beer properly.
- Hope Lost: Fixed an issue where Adusa-daro could be in multiple places at once, and Celeste would occasionally stop following you after rescuing her.
- The Fangs of Sithis: Fixed an issue where Looks-Under-Rocks would vanish and not consistently allow you to hand in the quest.
- The Skin-Stealer's Lair: The quest bestower will now spawn slightly farther away than before.
- Thieves and Murderers beware! Pact Guards now occupy Hrogar's Hold, and the Hrogar's Soldiers will no longer fight monsters.
- Like Moths to a Candle: Added a third option when determining Captain Helane's fate.
- A Walk in the Clouds: The campfires in the cold area are now usable even if you're not on the quest.
- Gift of the Worm: The ritual circles surrounding the bosses no longer follow them as they move.
- The Farmer's Champion: Fixed an issue where you were using the incorrect animation when interacting with the drum.
- Added an option to hide offline guild members and friends.
- Added a new tab called “Emotes” to the Help section that includes a list of all available emotes. Emotes modified by an active personality are colored blue.
- Fixed an issue that was resulting in the appearance of unresponsive interaction prompts. Interaction prompts now correctly display in grey while you are in motion.
- The logout timer and access code UI will now correctly count down in seconds instead of milliseconds.
- You will now hear a sound when quickslotting a Collectible.
- Items that grant quests will now display their name in the interaction window rather than the name of your currently equipped helm.
- The guild selector box will no longer overlap with tab titles in the Guild menu on the German game client.
- Quickslotted items that cannot be used while sprinting or moving will no longer play their use sound while sprinting or moving, and will display an appropriate error message instead.
- Guild Heraldry swatch color icons will now use a square icon instead of a circular icon.
- Fixed an issue where the "Title:" label was not colored correctly when viewing a completed achievement that awarded a title.
- After completing your currently focused quest, the quest tracker will now focus on another quest.
- Fixed an issue where some achievement text was overlapping with the date acquired on French and German game clients.
- The button that displays which character is currently selected on the Character Select screen will now always appear.
- Upon experiencing a PvP death in Cyrodiil, you can now navigate in and out of the Imperial City map from the Cyrodiil map to select your desired respawn location.
- Fixed an issue where the lockout timers for Alliance War campaigns would not switch to an unlocked version when the timer reached zero.
- Fixed an issue with the color of the Keep claim cooldown timer; it is now white, as intended.
- Fixed an issue where switching back and forth between campaign menus would briefly display the selected campaign.
- Fixed an issue where the reigning Emperor timer would update irregularly.
- The name of the current owner of keeps and resources in Cyrodiil will now be colored to match the owning Alliance.
- Fixed an issue where the Keep ownership timer would not update in real time.
- You will now receive an error message when a craft doesn't complete while in the Enchanting window.
- Set items with particularly long names will no longer have part of their names cut off early when crafting.
- Fixed an issue where internal tags were being displayed on German and French game clients when searching for the Crown Mimic Stone in the Crown Store.
- Added information about when a player character was last online to the Guild and Friends list.
- The target reticle will no longer jump to a random icon when you open the map and set an active quest.
- Fixed an issue where the ability bar text was overlapping other UI elements when assigning an ability.
- An error will no longer pop up if you queue for a dungeon, then back out of the Group Finder through the map menu.
- Your collection progress in the Lore Library menu will now always display on one line.
- Text will no longer overlap between menu header labels and its corresponding data.
- Fixed an issue where you could not back out of the Customer Support menu after submitting a ticket.
- Added the "Report Player" option back onto the PC Gamepad radial menu.
- Highlighting the Imperial race when you have access to all races will no longer cut off the race name from the top of the list.
- The scroll indicator on the Death Recap window is now vertically centered on the frame.
- Fixed an issue where the text for the crafting result alert would appear to be clipped by the crafted item's icon.
- Added a cooldown timer for assistants.
- Disabled the mouse scroll functionality when selecting an item quantity on menus that use them (e.g. inventory, vendor, bank, etc.)
- Added a tutorial for the Emotes menu, which provides insight into Quick Chat and the Emotes Quickslot.
- The Ultimate ability bar icon will now properly fill and have a glow outline when you've built up enough Ultimate to use the ability.
- Added an option to display resource numbers on the player and target frame.
- Added an option to display the Ultimate number on the Ultimate ability frame.
- You will now receive an error message when attempting to use an item while dodge rolling, and the item isn't actually used.
- Fixed an issue where the stealth reticle would not correctly update after going through some doors in the Sanctuary.
- You will no longer hear multiple Group Finder sounds when your group is formed.
- The “Find Replacement” menu will now properly save your group's current status and selections.
- There is now a keybind settings option for the Group Finder.
- Renamed the “Food & Potions” category of the Guild Store search to “Consumables”, and added a “Poison” subcategory.
- You will now receive an error message in the top right of your screen if you attempt to attack a Justice Innocent with the "Prevent Attacking Justice Innocents" setting toggled on.
- When you receive a Trial leaderboard notification, the notification tooltip will now correctly display if the Trial member was a friend or a guild mate.
- You will no longer receive notifications from a Trial you just completed while grouped up with a friend or guild member.
- When looking at the map, group member icons will no longer be obscured by a wayshrine when group members are at a wayshrine.
- Hovering over a service location on the map will now indicate what type of services are provided at that location, in addition to the names of the service providers.
- For example, hovering over the Bank of Daggerfall on the Daggerfall map informs you that Angier Stower is a banker.
- Added a tutorial for entering a Battle-Leveled zone for the first time.
- This tutorial gives a brief overview of the way scaling works in places like Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, and the Gold Coast.
- Improved the accuracy and timing of several tutorials.
- Updated the text of several Help Menu entries to match updated behavior.
- Added a Help menu entry for Combat Text, which includes a list of the different Combat Text formats and their meaning.