Released on January 28 2019. The Elder Scrolls Online v4.3.1 introduces the 5th Anniversary Jubilee for testing! This event will work a little differently than previous years, and we can’t wait to read your feedback. Also included are several fixes and adjustments to the new Wrathstone dungeons, in addition to some general itemization fixes. You’ll notice that we haven’t made any changes to the racial passives in this patch; we are planning to add a few adjustments in next week’s PTS patch. The size of this patch is 116MB.
New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- Anniversary Jubilee
The Anniversary Jubilee is coming back, bigger and better than ever, in celebration of ESO's upcoming fifth anniversary (Holy Aedra, has it been that long already?) and you can test it on the PTS starting now!
- Chef Donolon will return, ready to bake a brand-new cake for you. This cake is extra-special, however - not only does it grant the usual +100% EXP bonus, it is sweetroll-flavored and will grant you 2 Event Tickets the first time you eat from it each day while the fifth anniversary event is active!
- To celebrate this incredible milestone, this year's Anniversary Jubilee will last five weeks. Each week will celebrate a different facet of the game and a different member of the Five Companions, the group of heroes who joined up with you to stop Molag Bal's machinations.
- During each week of the event, a different Companion's unique equipment will be available as Outfit Styles, both from the Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes obtained during that week, and on sale from the Impresario.
- Only the daily quest types listed below will grant an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box during their given week.
- Week 1 (The Prophet): Crafting Writs
- Week 2 (Lyris Titanborn): Delve & World Boss Dailies
- Week 3 (Abnur Tharn): Cyrodiil dailies
- Week 4 (Sai Sahan): Undaunted Pledges and Trial Weekly quests
- Week 5 (All Companions): All daily quests in the game, offering all four Companions' outfit styles
- Note that for testing purposes, each day will be equivalent to one week. This means…
- Week 1: 1/28 after maintenance – 1/29 9:59am EST
- Week 2: 1/29 10:00am EST – 1/30 9:59am EST
- Week 3: 1/30 10:00am EST – 1/31 9:59am EST
- Week 4: 1/31 10:00am EST – 2/1 9:59am EST
- Week 5: 2/1 10:00am EST – 2/4 9:59am EST
- In addition to the highlighted Companion's Outfit Styles for that week, Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes' contents have been adjusted.
- The Jubilee Gift boxes this year can provide one of over 40 Crafting Motifs (or their Style Items). You can expand the window below for the full list.
- Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes also now contain a chance at Jewelry Crafting materials, both raw and refined - including a very small chance at Chromium Plating.
- Mother of Pearl and Clam Gall have been added to the potential Alchemy reagents found in Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes.
- To make room for these additions, the rate of obtaining previous Furnishing Materials and Motifs were slightly lowered.
- Finally, the Shimmering Indrik Pet will be available for purchase from the Impresario during the event for 10 Event Tickets.
- This will be available only during the final week of the Anniversary Jubilee.
Wrathstone Fixes & Improvements
Dungeons & Group Content
- Player and quest icons will now display on the minimap.
- Reduced the damage from Coldsnap Harrier's Firepower ability on Normal difficulty.
- Coldsnap Skysplitters' Ice Comet will now do less damage on Normal Difficulty and will no longer apply damage twice.
- Lifting Strike can no longer be dodged.
- Frenzied Pummeling now does damage on Normal difficulty.
- Note: The overall damage of this ability on Normal difficulty will be reduced in a future PTS update.
- You will now recover immediately when Frenzied Pummeling is interrupted.
- Leaping Crush now has an appropriate Death Recap icon.
- Warlord Tzogvin
- The door exiting Warlord Tzogvin’s encounter area will now open if he is defeated while charging his heavy attack.
- The achievement “Running the Right Angles” can no longer be obtained if you are affected by Warlord Tzogvin’s Reckless Charge.
- Removed all the random gibberish from Tzogvin in the chat window.
- Rizzuk and Avalanche
- Removed all the random gibberish from Rizzuk in the chat window.
- Avalanche’s Glacial Prison ability will now freeze in place during Rizzuk’s Deep Freeze ability.
- Added more Death Recap hints associated with this encounter.
- There is now a center screen display announcement when Rizzuk casts his Deep Freeze ability.
- Reduced the damage dealt by Shatter.
- Reduced Rizzuk’s overall health.
- Reduced the duration and damage from Glacial Prison.
- While using the Skeevatons during the battle against The Stonekeeper, positioning near the Flame Jets directly to the west of the Magicka *** Condenser no longer teleports you back into the Stonekeeper's room.
- The Stonekeeper will now correctly enter combat with players teleported into an encounter that’s in progress.
- The Stonekeeper’s Blade Traps will no longer appear to deactivate twice.
- Depths of Malatar
- Speaking to Tharayya after initially accepting the quest “The Guiding Light” now makes more sense. We promise.
- Tharayya will now look you in the eye when speaking to you after recovering from the bridge collapse.
- The quest pin for the step “Enter the Tabernacle of the Light Unyielding” is now in the correct location.
- Dark Orb
- King Narilmor will now taunt players should they perish during the Dark Orb fight, no matter who defeats them.
- Removed some erroneous Orb messages.
- King Narilmor
- Increased Tharayya’s overall health.
- Symphony of Blades
- Symphony of Blades will now break from being stunned, should all of its summoned Aurorans be defeated.
- You can no longer avoid damage from the Auroran Phalanx by hugging the opposite wall.
- Symphony of Blades will no longer sometimes get stuck in its Radiant Destruction animation and visual effects after the ability has completed.
- Symphony of Blades will no longer keep you in an endless load screen loop should you fail the encounter (we all got a laugh out of your video, HeroofNone).
Combat & Gameplay
Combat & Abilities
- You can no longer mount while performing the summoning animation for an Indrik mount.
- Draconic Power
- Spiked Armor: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could proc off other Spiked Armor and morphs' damage return. Sadly, you will no longer look as if you are rocking out when you meet another fellow Dragonknight.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Dungeons & Group Content
- Hel Ra Citadel
- Yokeda Rok'dun and Yokeda Kai now have a linked wipe mechanic. Should either group perish while fighting, the group still engaged will suffer from a Yokeda Storm and perish, forcing both fights to reset.
Exploration & Itemization
- Addressed a long-standing issue that caused poison solvent ingredients and crafting materials from dungeon monsters to drop more frequently than intended throughout the world.
- You will no longer receive a Veteran reward coffer for completing Asylum Sanctorum on Normal difficulty.
- Reduced the cooldown for the Jester’s Festival Revelry Pies, bringing them to parity with the Mudball of New Life fame.
- Trying to use the trap levers while previewing the Elinhir Private Arena now displays an error message indicating that traps cannot be used while previewing a home.
- The camera can no longer pass through a solid wall in the terrace of the Amaya Lake Lodge.
Help & Tutorials
- Corrected several help entries to refer to the "Events" section of the Crown Store, rather than its prior identity - the "Holiday" section of the Crown Store.
- Corrected the help text for the Jester's Festival to stop calling itself the New Life Festival. That's the sort of prank no one likes, Jester's Festival. Stop it.