- 1 New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- 2 Available Templates
- 3 Known Issues
- 4 Clockwork City Fixes & Improvements
- 5 Summerset Fixes & Improvements
- 6 Wolfhunter Fixes & Improvements
- 7 Combat & Gameplay
- 8 Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Released on July 16 2018.
The Elder Scrolls Online v4.1.1 introduces a number of new features to test including the Witches Festival and Imperial City Celebration events, and a new currency - Event Tickets. Please help us in testing these features! Additionally, we have a number of bug fixes that mainly cover the two new dungeons and new features in Update 19. The size of this patch is approximately 383MB.
New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- Special Merchant & Event Tickets
Event Tickets are a special new currency that can only be earned by participating in Holidays, DLC Celebrations, and other in-game events. Event Tickets are account-wide, so an Event Ticket earned on one character is accessible to another character immediately. You can hold up to a maximum of 10 Event Tickets on your account, and Event Tickets cannot be traded, mailed, or banked.
- The first event to feature Event Tickets will be the Witches Festival, which is being turned on during this PTS patch. You'll be able to earn one Event Ticket per day, per account, by defeating any boss monster during the Witches Festival.
- You can spend your Event Tickets at the Impresario, found just north of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, southeast of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, and east of Daggerfall in Glenumbra. During the Witches Festival, she will be selling an Emerald Indrik Feather for 10 Event Tickets each.
- This unique, account-bound Legendary Feather is a Runebox Fragment; the remaining three Runebox Fragments will become available during future events.
- While we won't spoil what they combine into just yet, be aware that the thing they create when combined will also be account-bound and untradeable.
- Witches Festival
Beware the coming of the Dremora with the Witches Festival! During this event, which is available to test this week on the PTS, you will be able to earn the previously-unreleased Dremora Crafting Motif, obtained from Dremora Plunder Skulls, and the new Apple-Bobbing Cauldron Memento. We’ve also adjusted the rates of rewards within all Plunder Skulls for greater variety, and to make the Hollowjack Motif rarer and more desirable.
- The delightful Apple-Bobbing Cauldron Memento can be obtained by acquiring the seven fragments of its Runebox. These Runebox Fragments can be obtained from any Plunder Skulls (Dremora or non-Dremora), found during the Witches Festival.
Dremora Motif The Dremora Motif is available during the Witches Festival, inside the new Dremora Plunder Skulls. This style has been spread among all the evils that plague Tamriel; while wearing it, others might mistake you for one such evil, too. The special new Plunder Skulls contain the Dremora Crafting Motif, in addition to all the bewitching loot that a normal Plunder Skull has. Each Dremora Plunder Skull is tied to a specific type of boss, such as Delve, Dungeon, or Trial Bosses. You can obtain a * Dremora Plunder Skull by killing a boss of that type, once per day.
- The specific Dremora Motif Chapter found in a Dremora Plunder Skull depends on the type of boss defeated to obtain it:
|Plunder Skull Type||Activities in that Category||Chapters|
(Normal and Veteran)
|Public & Sweeper||IC Sweepers
(Above and below)
Dark Fissure Bosses
(Normal and Veteran)
|World Boss||World Bosses||Shoulders
- Note that for Arenas, Dungeons, and Trials, only the final boss will provide a Dremora Plunder Skull. All other bosses leading up to the final boss will only provide a normal, non-Dremora Plunder Skull.
- Imperial City Celebration
Prepare for double rewards with the Imperial City Celebration! For the duration of the event, available to test now on the PTS, bosses drop twice their normal loot, daily quests give two reward boxes instead of one, harvest nodes give double resources, and you get twice as many Tel Var Stones and Bone Shards. If you are lucky enough to find and slay a Treasure Scamp in the sewers, you’ll enjoy double the normal loot from it as well. In addition, defeating the Simulacrum of Molag Bal in the Barathrum Centrata has twice the normal chance to award the Stonefire Scamp pet or Soul-Shriven skin.
- Platinum, the Jewelry Crafting material for CP 150-160 rings and necklaces, is purchased from Tel Var General Merchants for 50 Tel Var Stones apiece, starting with the Imperial City Celebration. After that time, Platinum will be available from those same merchants, at that same price, even after the event ends.
- During the Imperial City Celebration, drops from all bosses are doubled during the event. This includes sweepers, and bosses in the White-Gold Tower and the Imperial City Prison dungeons.
- Fixed an issue where the Bust and Trophy for Saint Olms the Just were not in The Undaunted Furnisher's Crate.
- Creating a character with the Wolfhunter Character Template will now set your account to have 9 Event Tickets. The Event Tickets are only applied to characters freshly made with the Template; previously-made characters, whether with or without the Template, will not gain these Event Tickets.
- Fixed an issue where the Blood Moon Jewelry box was mislabeled as the Plague Slinger jewelry box.
- Fixed an issue where the Savage Werewolf box contained the Blood Moon item set.
- Fixed an issue where Gryphon Plumes, the style item for the Welkynar style, did not have the correct icon.
- If you have multiple GPUs, it’s very likely you will crash when launching the game. As a temporary workaround, disabling crossfire or SLI will allow you to log into the PTS.
Clockwork City Fixes & Improvements
Combat & Gameplay
- Wraith of Crows no longer bleeds blood when struck by physical attacks.
Summerset Fixes & Improvements
Combat & Gameplay
- Players chomped by salamanders now hear themselves being chomped.
- Graveld no longer regenerates slightly when he takes refuge in his lair.
Wolfhunter Fixes & Improvements
- Added the final voiceover in all languages. If you come across any VO that is missing or incorrect, please use /bug and let us know!
Dungeons & Group Content
- March of Sacrifices
- Balorgh has replaced the Banner of Glorious Hunt with the Moon Hunter Pack banner to activate Hard Mode.
- Hanu and her Father will no longer talk over each other after you defeat Balorgh.
- The synergy of the wisps will now correctly display “Use Hunting Wisp.”
- Static Charge can no longer be blocked and now does reduced damage.
- Conflagration can no longer be blocked.
- The Golden Indriks will now reward you with loot and experience when defeated.
- The Wyress Sisters will now reward you with experience when defeated.
- Hanu will no longer repeat herself if you leave the entrance while she is talking.
- The Wisp now has a visual indicator for the step “Follow the Wisp” during the Great Hunt quest.
- Hanu will now continue through the door after the fight with Tarcyr.
- Dagrund the Bulky
- Dagrund the Bulky’s Possessed Nords have now been correctly identified as Bearfang Hunters.
- The dead Nords in the Dagrund the Bulky fight will no longer inexplicably stand up before dying.
- Tarcyr will no longer become indecisive during the encounter and fail to attack you.
- Balorgh will no longer cast Venomous Slam immediately after Thunder Stomp.
- The Electric Water in the fight with Balorgh will no longer fail to take effect periodically.
- Reduced the initial damage of Balorgh’s Fire Blast.
- Any remaining wolves that are active at the time of Balorgh’s death will now perish along with him.
- Balorgh’s Venomous Slam will now always cause venomous spores to emerge, regardless if anyone is hit.
- Balorgh now prefers to let his actions do the talking rather than announcing every… single… ability.
- Balorgh will no longer talk over Tharas during the fight.
- The Shades of Balorgh are less verbose when performing attacks.
- Moon Hunter Keep
- Hulking Werewolves have been trained to use Roar and Slam. In addition to their forgotten knowledge, they’ve obtained a slight increase in power.
- Vicious Dire Wolves now have armor.
- Werewolf Berserkers are now much darker than other Werewolves within Moon Hunter Keep.
- The chains for Ary and Zel now attach to the wall and harness correctly.
- The Shock Wardens’ Lightning Storm ability will no longer damage monsters and only damage players.
- Balorgh and Hanu will no longer have an incoherent conversation before Aghaedh of the Solstice.
- The archers in Moon Hunter Keep now use a bow.
Exploration & Itemization
- The Trick and Trap Achievement now requires you to trap Balorgh 10 times.
- Note: It does not require this to be done within the same encounter.
- The Perfect Hunt Achievement now requires you to defeat Balorgh after desecrating the Moon Hunter Pack's banner, and without being hit by his fiery remnant ability for the duration of the encounter in Veteran March of Sacrifices.
Combat & Gameplay
Combat & Abilities
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to slot and use abilities.
- Note: This issue tended to happened more frequently if you used the Wolfhunter character template.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltips for some Enemy Keep Bonus abilities were not accurate.
Itemization & Item Sets
- Light of Cyrodiil: Fixed an issue where the visual effects from this item set would persist after the buff was consumed.
- Zaan: Fixed an issue where the tooltip was not updated to reflect the new tether range of the beam.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Alliance War & PVP
- Keep wall upgrades now give the proper amount of wall HP.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to use a Keep Recall Stone during its casting animation would result in a failed cast.
- The damage effects from Scattershot, Oil Pot and Meatbag will now last 4.5 seconds instead of 8 seconds.
Crafting & Economy
- Updated the visuals for Outfit Styles for Iceheart's Mask and Shoulders to better match the upcoming Arms Pack and Stalhrim Frostcaster motifs.
Crown Store & Crown Crates
- The outline and animation from the Skein Wasp pet will no longer appear on the Character Select screen if the pet is inactive.
Exploration & Itemization
- The Werewolf Behemoth Sigil Memento now has a 12 second cooldown.
- Fixed an issue where Pets, Mounts, and Assistants would not rotate properly when placed in a house with the Housing Editor.
- Fixed a number of small graphical errors in the Grand Psijic Villa.
- Fixed an issue where the new homes were not free to teleport to.
- Fixed an issue where you could become stuck near the entrance to Hunter's Glade.
- Fixed issue where certain houses did not immediately show up in collections after you bought them.
- Gnawed Animal Bones will now actually exist when you place them.
- Fixed a UI error that would trigger when deleting your last character.
- Fixed an issue where a timer would display on the next Daily Reward tooltip even though the month would end first.
- The Grand Psijic Villa (located in Artaeum) will no longer appear on the Tamriel Map.