Released on January 23 2017.
The Elder Scrolls Online v2.7.3 includes some additional balance tweaks and bug fixes for combat, in addition to numerous fixes surrounding the player housing system. We do have a number of known issues relating to grouping and sitting in chairs, which will be addressed before this update goes live. The size of this patch is approximately 540MB.
Combat & Gameplay
- You currently are not able to form groups of more than four players.
- When sitting in chairs outside of player homes, you may run into the following issues:
- You may pop up suddenly or awkwardly when using an emote from a chair.
- You may appear as if you are stuck inside the chair when you stand up.
- You may appear like you are standing next to other player characters when you are, in fact, sitting.
- When in the Housing Editor, you can sit in a freshly-placed chair (with the issues above), but existing chairs or chairs that are edited again after fresh placement may stop working. You will get the prompt to interact, but will not actually sit.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Art & Animation
- You will now consistently see the fast travel animation after you are dismounted from your mount.
- Khajiit claws will now remain visible when equipping Yokudan medium bracers.
- Toe claws on Khajiit and Argonian player characters will no longer clip through Dark Brotherhood medium armor sets.
Combat & Gameplay
- Fixed an issue where the friendly heal from some abilities (Rite of Passage, Blood Craze, etc.) could be dodged.
- Fixed an issue where weapon swapping to change to an item set or ability set that that granted Max Health, Stamina, or Magicka was causing unintended drops in resources.
- Fixed an issue if your character died or received fall damage, you would occasionally become locked out from all ability usage until you reloaded that character.
- Experience boosting holiday abilities will now overwrite one another. This means you will only ever have one such ability active on you at a time.
- All experience increasing abilities' durations will not continue to tick down while you are offline. If you log out with time remaining on a character, that time will remain when you log back in with that character.
- Draconic Power
- Coagulating Blood (Dragon Blood morph):
- This morph now heals for a flat value (scaling with Spell Damage and Max Magicka), with that heal being increased by up to 33% based on your missing health.
- Coagulating Blood: This morph no longer grants the Minor Vitality buff.
- Known Issue: Ranks II and IV are not currently gaining a bonus to healing based on your missing health.
- Green Dragon Blood (Dragon Blood morph): This morph now grants the Minor Vitality buff as well as Minor Endurance.
- Developer Comments: After evaluating Coagulating Blood on the PTS, we have made further changes to ensure the heal from this morph is more reliable. It now heals for a flat value scaling with your Magicka-based stats, but still retains the gameplay flavor of being an ability you want to activate when you're at low health. This should make it a very potent option for Magicka-based Dragonknights. To counterbalance this, we moved the Minor Vitality buff to Green Dragon Blood to ensure that Health-based Dragonknights also have a strong morph option as well.
- Dragon Leap: This ability and its morphs can now be cast while are you immobilized.
- Developer Comments: We recently fixed a bug where Dragon Leap was not preventing you from being crowd controlled or immobilized mid-leap, but we have further improved this ability by making it so previously applied immobilizations are now removed when you initiate the leap. Since this is an Ultimate ability, we want its activation to be more reliable compared to other charge or leap abilities.
- Coagulating Blood (Dragon Blood morph):
- Impale (Assassin's Blade morph): Increased the range of this morph to 28 meters at Rank IV from 18 meters.
- Developer Comments: Increasing the range on this morph to 28 meters matches the range of other Magicka Nightblade damage abilities such as Strife or Cripple, and makes this morph work cohesively with a ranged ability kit.
- Impale (Assassin's Blade morph): Increased the range of this morph to 28 meters at Rank IV from 18 meters.
- Aedric Spear
- Binding Javelin (Piercing Javelin morph): Fixed an issue where Rank III of this morph had a 20 meter range instead of a 28 meter range.
- Focused Charge: Increased the speed of the animation played by this ability and its morphs.
- Developer Comments: Since there is already a waiting period on charge abilities as you move to close the gap, we have increased the speed of the "leaping stab" animation that happens once you finally reach your target. This should make Focused Charge feel more responsive, allowing you to more fluidly transition into other abilities after completing the charge.
- Dawn's Wrath
- The initial damage and final damage dealt by this ability and its morphs can no longer be blocked.
- Fixed an issue where the final damage dealt by this ability and its morphs was not being reduced by Battle Spirit.
- Known Issue: The maximum damage limit indicated on the tooltip for this ability and its morphs currently shows the PvP value (which is half the value of the PvE damage limit).
- Developer Comments: Making Backlash unblockable ensures it behaves consistently when compared to Daedric Cruse, as both those abilities are similar in functionality and how they thematically apply their damage. This also ensures that Backlash is not double penalized by block, since most of the damage it copies will likely be blocked or avoided by enemies seeking to minimize your Backlash's final attack.'
- Mages Guild
- Magelight: Fixed an issue where the permanent Major Prophecy buff from this ability and its morphs was removing other temporary sources of Major Prophecy.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue where your game could crash when crafting items with a mix of stolen- and non-stolen items.
- An ore node north of the Quendeluun Wayshrine in Auridon was previously buried too deep to be seen, but could still be mined. The ore node has now been moved to the surface, where it can be both seen and mined with greater ease.
- Fixed an issue that caused Orzorga's Red Frothgar to appear twice in the Brew tab of Provisioning stations.
- Updated the prices on the War Enchanter's offerings to make them less enticing as a way to convert Alliance Points into gold.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Provisioning Master Writs from being turned in.
- Target Skeletons now stack to 200 in the inventory. That's a lot of skeletons!
- Added a higher-health Target Skeleton to Rolis Hlaalu's store: the Robust Target Skeleton. This Target Skeleton makes a better target for those who want to evaluate larger skeleton damage sums over long periods of time.
- Rolis Hlaalu now sells an envelope that, when opened, will provide a random purple Furnishing Plan.
- Rolis Hlaalu can now be found in a more prominent location when in Wayrest.
- Adjusted the drop chance calculations for Master Writs from Clothiering, Blacksmithing, and Woodworking.
- These previously evaluated against all of these skills at once. Now, they only look at your long-term mastery of their own research information when determining your chance of receiving a Master Writ.
- Increased the Writ Voucher yield for Akaviri-style items from Master Writs by 10%, and for Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch and Psijic Ambrosia by 25%.
- Fixed a minor typo in the text for Sealed Clothier Writs.
- Corrected some text issues that may lead to you encountering SUDDEN SHOUTING or unusual_ from Master Writs in your quest journal.
Crown Store & Crown Crates
- Crown Crates can now be accessed while sitting in a chair.
- Fixed a keybinding issue that could occur in the Crown Crates menu when toggling Gamepad Mode on and off.
- The Crown Store will no longer always be locked the first time you open it.
- Props will now be properly hidden when harvesting with a Personality equipped.
Dungeons & Group Content
- City of Ash
- The Central Barricade will once again open, allowing you to progress through the dungeon.
Exploration & Itemization
- Fixed an issue that could cause your camera to briefly zoom in after standing up from a chair.
- Improved the positioning of your character when sitting in certain chairs.
- Desert Rose: Increased this item set's proc chance to 15% from 10%, but also increased its cooldown to 4 seconds from 1 second.
- Developer Comments: Due to this item set having a low cooldown, the Magicka restored by its proc was very high in situations where you were taking lots of incoming hits every second. Increasing the cooldown but also increasing the proc chance maintains the current level of Magicka returns when you are taking one hit every second, but keeps it from being extremely overpowered when you were taking multiple hits every second. The Magicka returns of this set will still remain higher than any other item set in heavy combat situations.
- Fixed an issue where pets and assistants wouldn't display their idle animations correctly when placed in a home.
- Note: We are still working on instances where some mounts are not displaying their idle animations correctly.
- After fighting a Target Skeleton, you will now get a report via the chat log indicating your damage per second as well as the length of the fight.
- Increased the chance to receive furnishing-related rewards from criminal activities like pickpocketing and murder.
- Granting a guild Visitor or Decorator privileges will now correctly allow guildmates from that guild to visit your primary residence.
- If you set access rights to your home for an individual, those rights will now always be used preferentially, even if you are also in a guild with that person.
- All homes now load the Unfurnished version by default when previewed. You may swap between the Furnished/Unfurnished versions exactly as before when desired.
- You will no longer be able to jump to homes from the Imperial City.
- Collision for assistants in homes now behaves more like NPC collision outside of homes: you can't walk through them or stand on them, but you can dodge through them.
- Fixed an issue where mounts and pets based on your alliance would always appear as Daggerfall when placed in your house. Now, every player sees them based on their alliance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause you to fall through furnishings when logging back into your home.
- Pirharri the Smuggler can now be used by visitors with "visitor access" to your home as long as they also have the Smuggler unlocked.
- Improved the collision affecting a variety of houses that prevented you from selecting placed objects on a wall. The affected homes include:
- Added approximately 250 furnishings to the Housing Editor's Crown tab. This includes a wide variety of items as well as non-set Crafting Stations.
- Added several missing rocks and plants to the Purchase tab of the Housing Editor.
- Removed the "Imperial Forge, Covered" from the Purchase tab of the Housing Editor.
- Removed several duplicate items from the Purchase tab of the Housing Editor.
- Fixed an issue after purchasing a home for crowns, you could trade the furnishings that came with it under certain circumstances.
- Updated the pricing of furnishings from Home Goods Furnishers to improve overall consistency.
- Please note that this is a work in progress, and some outliers still exist.
- All furnishings in Cyrodiil are now sold for Alliance Points instead of gold.
- Corrected unpredictable or incorrect dialog in the conversations of several Furnishers.
- The map pin for High Road Woodworks in Belkarth no longer incorrectly claims that Heralda Garscroft has a storefront there.
- Items now show whether they are interactable, sittable, readable, lights, animated, crafting stations, or target skeletons on the item tooltip.
- Improved the naming and categorization of several furnishings to improve clarity.
- Added unique icons to several furnishings that were using default icons, and resolved several cases of a furnishing or plan using the incorrect icon.
- Removed excessive collision from many small plants and trees.
- Updated several furnishings to improve the consistency of the interact prompts, and to remove interact prompts from furnishings that did not actually have an interaction.
- Woodworking and Clothing stations in homes now use the proper animations.
- Crafting stations can no longer be used if they are placed underwater.
- Moving too far away from a crafting station will now cause you to exit the crafting interface.
- Added French, German, and Japanese localized text to the new Undaunted Trophies.
- Fixed an issue where the flame for the "Light and Shadow" achievement furnishing was displaying incorrectly.
- Updated "Lantern, Hanging" and "Lantern, Dim" to animate when placed in a home. They gently sway now, as opposed to hanging rigidly in place.
- Fixed an issue that could cause inactive crafting stations to briefly become interactable when you first logged into your home.
- Adjusted several furnishings to ensure they default to the correct direction when you preview or place them.
- Added unique flavor text to several Achievement Furnishings.
- Fixed several issues where the smoke from censers and braziers would appear to float sideways if the furnishing was placed at an angle.
- Added fix/repair interactions to the "Replica of Shattered Ansei Sword" achievement furnishing.
- Added several new crafting plans that weren't previously represented in crafting.
- Removed several crafting plans for smaller furnishings that weren't quite ready for the spotlight.
- Adjusted the quality of several furnishing plans to ensure they match the quality of the final product.
- Updated the categorization of furniture crafting materials to prevent them from displaying when crafting non-furniture items.
- Fixed several cases where the material costs for various recipes were incorrect. This includes the Target Skeleton, who once again requires the correct 206 bones to craft.
- The list of Staple Homes in the Collections menu is now in alphabetical order when in Gamepad Mode.
- Fixed an issue where several homes were not displaying proper images when at the House purchase screen.
- Made minor adjustments to several homes to add lights, remove duplicate items, and resolve cases where objects were floating or clipping * through other objects.
- Added a tower to Ebonheart Chateau, overlooking the nearby lava. The door to this new addition can be accessed from the courtyard.
- Updated the lighting in Earthtear Cavern to improve game performance.
- Updated Hammerdeck's name and description in response to player feedback.
- The new name is "Hammerdeath Bungalow".
- The new description reads "'It may be small, but at least it's gloomy. And if you enjoy beating up on your friends, like I do, it's right next door to the arena!' –Goorguk gro-Murtag, Orcish Realtor"
- Known Issue: Hammerdeath Bungalow is still listed as Hammerdeck End on its map pin.
- Removed the Jester's Event trees from the Ebonheart Manor and replaced them with Autumn Cherry Trees.
- The glow that appears around housing objects when you hover your cursor over them is now much more noticeable.
- Opening the Housing Editor while opening a container will now close the loot window for the container.
- This resolves an issue that prevented the Housing Editor from working correctly when opened under these circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that could cause placed furnishings to shift position slightly if you encountered a load screen while editing your home.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause objects to continually rotate while you tried to place them.
- You can no longer enter the housing editor while in combat. If you enter combat while in the housing editor, it will now automatically exit the editor.
- Fixed an issue where placing a piece of furniture multiple times without allowing it to regain its collision could leave it without collision.
- Added a new "Honors and Awards" section to the Gallery category for PvP achievement furnishings.
- Moved Bear non-combat pets from the Felines category to a new category for Bears. Because bears aren't cats.
- Lion and Senche mounts are now in the "Big Cats" subcategory instead of the "Wolves" subcategory.
Quests & Zones
- A Friend in Need
- A new item, the Friend in Need Housing Brochure, is now available on the Crown Store under Quest Starters that will grant this quest.
- Additional bestowers of this quest are now present within or just outside of the banks of every major city in the Aldmeri Dominion, Daggerfall Covenant, and Ebonheart Pact.
- The hint step pointing to the Home Goods Merchant now disappears after you acquire furniture from them, to minimize confusion after purchasing.
- Unbound keys within the keyboard UI will no longer display their gamepad replacements.
- Fixed an issue where subcategories for collectibles incorrectly appeared in the Guild Trader UI.
- Fixed an issue where the message for leaving a dueling area could continue to appear after the duel ended.
- Achievement progress now refreshes correctly when viewing them as they update.
- Fixed several issues with crafting tooltips and crafting sounds not playing.
- Fixed an issue where item tooltips could incorrectly reflect the quantity of that item you actually have.
- Fixed an issue where zone chat would not display correctly while on certain quest stages.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when setting keybindings, where you would receive an error that a key was already bound to an action, without the error specifying which action.
- Fixed an issue where your game could crash while placing furniture with the SaveHouse addon installed.
- Previewing furniture will now take you to a preview environment where the camera will fully zoom out based on the size of the furniture.
- Furniture can now also be previewed from crafting stations.
- Known Issue: The preview environment is currently missing its final background asset.
- Fixed an issue where opening the housing editor while in a loot window would break several parts of the housing editor.
- Made slight modifications to the Purchase Options dialog within a House preview to make hiding the dialog easier.
- The Housing Editor keybind will now hide if your character dies while in a house.
- Fixed an issue where several homes were not displaying proper images on the Purchase Options dialog.
- Added Population to the House Information panel. This communicates the current/maximum amount of player characters in your house.
- Changed the keybind for Go to Safe Location to Go to Entrance.
- Attempting to visit another player's primary residence when they do not have one set will now give a clearer error message.
- The keybind for placing an item will now display at the bottom of the screen in the Housing Editor. This will also show how many of an item you have left to place when you have a stack greater than 1.
- Sound effects have returned to the inventory screen while in Gamepad Mode.
- Fixed a UI error that could occur when viewing the contents of a bundle.
- Fixed an issue in the Alchemy menu where the Alchemy Skill bar wouldn't appear when you gained inspiration in the skill line.
- Fixed multiple issues in the Housing permissions screens where UI elements could overlap with each other.
- Fixed an issue where you could be kicked for hitting the message rate limit while scrolling quickly through the Purchase tab in the Housing Editor.
- Made several minor adjustments to maps to account for changes with Homestead.