- 1 New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- 2 Available Templates
- 3 Morrowind Fixes & Improvements
- 4 Orsinium Fixes & Improvements
- 5 Summerset Fixes & Improvements
- 6 Combat & Gameplay
- 7 Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Released on April 23 2018.
The Elder Scrolls Online v4.0.1 is the first incremental patch on the PTS and contains a good amount of bug fixes, including a fix for the issue where items in your storage containers would appear to be missing, several bug fixes for Jewelry Crafting and the Psijic Order skill line, Summerset quests (we did our best to stay vague so as not to spoil anything!) and more. We also enabled the new Daily Login Reward system, which you can try out now! You can expect to see the start of some balance changes for combat abilities and item sets in the next PTS patch.
While we've updated the supplied character templates with the Psijic Order skill line and other goodies, we've also done a fresh character copy of all PC/Mac North American characters. The size of this patch is approximately 281MB. Thanks to everyone for your feedback and bug reports thus far – we greatly appreciate your time and effort!
New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- Daily Login Rewards
We've introduced a new rewards system that will allow you to claim a reward each day you log into ESO! Rewards range from in-game currency, consumables, to even unique collectibles. This system will be turned on later this week.
- Daily rewards are cumulative, not consecutive. This means you will receive a new reward each day you log in, not based on the amount of consecutive days you log in.
- You can claim your daily reward from one of the following areas:
- The Announcement panel, right after you load into your character
- The new Daily Login Calendar found in the Crown Store UI
- Right before logging out
- Rewards become available to claim at 12AM UTC each day, and the collection of rewards will refresh on the first day of each calendar month.
- The length of the reward calendars will likely vary in length and won't necessarily be the same number each month.
- Note: Collectibles will not be available during this PTS cycle, and the rewards that you see are not necessarily indicative of the first month's offerings.
- Midyear Mayhem Event
Starting this Wednesday, April 25, you'll be able to help us test the upcoming Midyear Mayhem PvP event by visiting one of your alliance bases in Cyrodiil – the Eastern Elsweyr Gate for Aldmeri Dominion , the Southern High Rock Gate for Daggerfall Covenant , or the Northern Morrowind Gate for Ebonheart Pact.
- Speak to Predicant Maera to acquire the quest aptly named "Midyear Mayhem."
- Upon completion of this very short introduction, you will receive an item in your inventory, the "Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity." When you use this item, you will receive a two-hour buff that doubles your XP gained from killing other player characters, as well as all earned Alliance Points during the event!
- This buff functions in all PVP-enabled areas, which includes Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, and Battlegrounds.
- If you've already done this quest in prior years and wish to participate, all you need do is use your scroll from last year (if you still have it), or return to Predicant Maera to pick up a new one for a nominal fee of 100 gold or 100 AP.
- In addition to last year's Pelinal Midyear Boon Boxes, the following additional rewards are also in place during the event:
- Pelinal's Boon Boxes drop from the quests that you can acquire in the Cyrodiil towns.
- The special drops from the Simulacrum of Molag Bal in the Imperial City were slightly increased.
- Pelinal's Boon Boxes have a chance to drop Transmute Crystals.
- Resource nodes in Cyrodiil yield double their normal results.
- The Character Template now includes the Psijic Order skill line fully unlocked.
- Added a box of Jewelry Crafting Survey Reports to the Ultimate Crafting Crate. We'd like you to try them out as they function a little differently from the survey reports for other tradeskills.
- Added a box of Sketches, the new Furniture Recipes for Jewelry Crafting, to the Ultimate Crafting Crate.
- Jewelry Crafting Master Writs can be found in The Master Crafter's Forgotten Mail. Further, The Master Crafter's Forgotten Mail now contains itself, allowing you to generate infinite Master Writs easily.
- Added 19 Arena Gladiator's Proofs. You can acquire the last one you need by completing one of the new Conquest Board Dailies in Cyrodiil.
Morrowind Fixes & Improvements
Combat & Gameplay
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs in Vvardenfell had incorrect items in their pockets for you to pickpocket.
- Brelayne Dulo is now a Commoner, instead of a Scholar, in relation to pickpocketing.
Orsinium Fixes & Improvements
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed a floating rich precious metal seam at the survey site for Wrothgar Jewelry Crafting Survey I.
Quests & Zones
- Blood on a King's Hands: Kurog no longer gets hopping mad when standing in the fire.
Summerset Fixes & Improvements
Art & Animation
- Fixed an issue where the Coral Crab's claw would clip into the terrain.
- The public dungeon boss Shipbreaker no longer slides across the ground while chasing you.
- Fixed a hole that would appear in the robe of the Pyandonean homespun robe.
- Adjusted the visuals of the Mudhopper to be less pale.
- The Welkynar rawhide helm will no longer turn Orc teeth and Khajiit whiskers black when equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the spikes from the Welkynar rawhide helm would clip through your character.
- Reduced the amount of visual clipping when equipping Welkynar rawhide hands and chest pieces.
- Fixed an issue where the Sapiarch iron helm would become slightly deformed while your character crouched.
- Fixed an issue where some Torchbugs would appear with black textures.
- The Indrik's mouth no longer hangs open while it walks.
- Improved the collision and visible seams on the shipwreck found in Summerset.
- Fixed various stretched textures, collision and seam issues on several rocks and trees.
- The glow effect no longer remains on the Wispmother corpse.
- The visual effect of the Yaghra's Luminescent Mark now lasts as long as the debuff.
Combat & Gameplay
- Guards in Alinor will come when called by NPCs.
- You will no longer be one-shotted by Muustikar Wave-Eater.
- Fixed an issue that may have prevented a proud mother Yaghra Monstrosity from generating Treasure Yaghra.
- Named bosses will now spawn properly.
- The achievement "Put a Cork in It" now lists the Geyser names properly.
- Geysers now spawn into the world at a slower pace.
- Vsskalor will now attack when he appears and use all his abilities.
- Sheefar now has a more impressive selection of attacks.
- You will now receive proper credit for killing Geyser bosses even if they reset.
- One of the Yaghra Monstrosities has become a Greater Yaghra Monstrosity as befits its glory.
- Corpses of Yaghra monstrosities summoned by Abyssal Geysers now evaporate quicker.
- The pulse from Shadow Monster no longer goes underground.
- The Gryphon's Riposte ability no longer hits you nearly as hard.
- The cyclones left behind after a Gryphon uses Sudden Gust should no longer disappear upon players taking damage.
- The Psijic Order skill line abilities now have visual effects associated with them.
- Time Stop: Fixed an issue where this ability and the Borrowed Time morph could continue to be channeled even after you moved out of line of sight of the original cast location point.
- Elemental Weapon (Imbue Weapon morph): Fixed an issue with this morph where you could not consistently weave it with Light Attacks.
- Channeled Acceleration (Acceleration morph): Fixed an issue where this morph was not displaying its cast animation.
- Mend Wounds: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not displaying their end animations.
- Concentrated Barrier: Fixed an issue where this passive ability was not granting a damage shield for the correct value in PvP areas.
- The Queen of the Reef and her children now walk through the world properly.
- The Queen of the Reef no longer burrows and disappears for some players.
- Fixed an issue where the Sload would not correctly dive into the ground.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Adept Rider axes with no trait being created as part of the Sload Semblance set instead. Weird!
- Updated a number of cooking fires in Summerset to act as Provisioning stations.
- Added Jewelry Crafting stations to each Alliance's sewer base in the Imperial City, as well as to crafting areas in Cyrodiil.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain Sealed Jewelry Crafter Writs to not appear when searched in Guild Traders, or had the wrong title for their associated quest.
- Instant All Research scrolls can now be used even if you are only researching Jewelry Traits.
- Fixed a text error in the requirements for using Sealed Jewelry Crafter Writs.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Jewelry Crafting Sketches requiring Enchanting Aspect Runes rather than Jewelry Crafting Platings.
- Fixed an issue that caused Jewelry Crafting Writs to award Enchanting Survey Reports instead of Jewelry Crafting Survey Reports.
- Fixed a number of floating precious metal seams at various Jewelry Crafting survey sites.
- Jewelry Crafting Survey Reports will now properly be removed from your inventory once you mine at the surveyed seams.
- Made a number of clarifications and corrections to the text for Jewelry Crafting Survey Reports.
- The creation tutorial for Jewelry Crafting now correctly appears when using the Gamepad UI.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Removed some questionably placed glue from certain crates within Cloudrest so you will no longer get stuck near them.
- Removed unnecessary visual effects from the shadow world gateways before they actually appear in the world.
Exploration & Itemization
- Summerset Collector's Edition Treasure Maps now properly bind on pickup.
- Treasure chests will now appear in Kingshaven Pass.
- Lesser Sea Adders will now award appropriately snakey loot when slain.
- Improved the hint accuracy for one Skyshard (but naming which one would be telling!)
- Message in a Bottle is now tied to a book collection in the Lore Library.
- The "Mystic's Ice" achievement can now be completed.
- Increased the point value of the "Mystic's Ice" achievement from 5 to 15.
- Fixed an issue where Perfect weapons in Cloudrest could not drop in the Nirnhoned trait.
- The quest reward item "Staff of the Crystal Tower", from the quest "The Crystal Tower", is now part of the Wisdom of Vanus item set.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in several Summerset furnishing plans requiring twice as much Bast as intended.
- Summerset furnishing plans now stack to 200, as originally intended.
- Adjusted the Housing Editor categorization of several new furnishings.
- The names for the "High Elf Display Stand, Marble" and "High Elf Display Stand, Marble Wide" are no longer flipped.
- Fixed an issue where the new Summerset homes did not have their population limits set.
- Fixed an issue in the Alinor Crest Townhouse where stone could be seen clipping through the ceiling of the largest first floor chamber.
- Corrected a number of minor visual issues and sealed a gap in the boundaries of the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto.
- Corrected an issue where your camera could poke through certain sections of the wall in the Golden Gryphon Garret.
Quests & Zones
- Increased the XP reward for the Summerset main story quests.
- Increased the item quality of a number of Summerset quest reward items.
- The Housing Flyer in Shimmerene will no longer appear until you have finished The Queen's Decree quest.
- Fixed various issues surrounding quest voiceover, animations, and typos.
- A cat in Lillandril finally got tired of players sitting on her and moved off her chair. The other cats think she gave up too easily.
- The Psijic Codex can now be found when not on its associated quest, The Vault of Moawita.
- Moved Justicar Farowel from her table near the Inn to join her fellow Justicar in the Alinor town square to make gathering daily quests more convenient.
- Fixed an issue where you could be disconnected while closing a time breach in Werewolf form.
- The Mages or Fighters Guild will now remember if you are a guild member.
- A Pearl of Great Price: If you log out during the latter half of the Rellenthil Sinkhole, you will no longer be trapped after logging back in.
- A Time for Mud and Mushrooms: Fixed a time breach that was disappearing for some players in the Percolating Mire.
- Illusions of Grandeur: Erudil now wanders the land properly.
- Lost in Translation: Fixed an issue that kept the visual effects from displaying properly during the major confrontation of the quest (no spoilers!).
- Manor of Masques: The gryphon at Rellenthil now defends itself against feather-stealing knaves.
- Old Wounds:
- Celan's Journal is now available after the quest is completed.
- Fixed multiple issues with the ritual sequence at Tarnamir's Manor.
- Sea Keep: Fixed an issue where two versions of Pandermalion could spawn.
- The Crystal Tower:
- Shadow Tundilwen (version 2) now hates you as soon as she appears.
- Werewolves can now use the Dawnbreaker.
- The Hulkynd's Heart: Relocated the quest bestower to the Alinor Docks.
- The Mind Trap:
- Oriandra no longer disappears if you log out and back in during the time you are supposed to follow her.
- Your quest progress will no longer be blocked if your character dies during the quest step to follow Oriandra.
- You will no longer be prevented from completing this quest if you wayshrine or teleport out of Prisoner's Hold before speaking with Oriandra.
- The Queen's Decree:
- All sacrificial victims in the Undercroft are now properly bound. The guards have been chastised for their laxity.
- Your progress will no longer be blocked if you exit the Undercroft during the step to talk to Valsirenn.
- Fixed an issue if you who accept the quest from the Collections interface and do not travel to Shimmerene immediately, you would not receive a quest pin to travel there.
- The Resolute Sentinels:
- Exiting the Coral-Splitter Caves will no longer block re-entry when you are on the appropriate quest steps.
- Exiting the College of Sapiarch's will no longer block re-entry on the appropriate quest steps.
- The dead Sapiarch's are actually dead this time. They no longer display full health bars.
- The Towers' Fall: Fixed an issue that blocked your progress when confronting Josajeh.
- The Towers' Remains: The Augur is now quite chatty when dealing with time breaches.
- Updated multiple ability, book, and quest item icons.
- Jewelry Crafting Research Scrolls now have icons.
- The portals in the Ceporah Tower no longer show "Target Out of Range" errors.
- Updated the health bar graphic for Healing Negation. This debuff can be seen when using the Borrowed Time morph of Time Stop in the Psijic Order skill line.
Combat & Gameplay
Combat Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed an issue where blocking to cancel a channeled ability would occasionally cause you to get stuck blocking for a second.
- Fixed a rare issue where holding down the Heavy Attack button would not cause you to perform a Heavy Attack.
- Fixed an issue where abilities that summon permanent pets, such as Summon Unstable Familiar or Feral Guardian, could allow you to have the pet summoned without the ability slotted on your bar.
- Strife: The animation from this ability and its morphs now plays faster, which should make it easier to weave with Light Attacks.
- Storm Calling
- Bolt Escape: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs would fail to teleport you forward and would return "Invalid Location" errors instead.
- Winter's Embrace
- Frozen Gate: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Device and Frozen Retreat morphs could allow you to have more than three gates active at a time.
- Fighters Guild
- Reach: This skill now properly applies only in areas of Keeps, Resources, Outposts, Districts and Scroll Temples.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Alliance War & PVP
- The guest assignment cooldown is now set to 60 seconds.
- Developer Comment: Since the amount of campaigns have been reduced and we allow players to group and queue to join any campaign they want, we felt the lengthy guest campaign cooldown was not necessary. We are still looking at concerns regarding Alliance loyalty to Campaigns.
- Fixed an issue where the visual effects from the Chaosball would be invisible when sprinting.
Crafting & Economy
- Updated the temporary name for the "Fang Lair Variant" outfit style obtained in Battlegrounds to "Fanged Worm".
Crown Store & Crown Crates
- Fixed an issue with legs on mounts popping after mounting up on horse, camel, elk and guar type mounts.
- Mounts with special spawn-in animations no longer spawn at odd angles with Foot Inverse Kinematics enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the snouts on the following mounts would distort during the mount up animation:
- Cinder Wolf
- Cold Flame Atronach Wolf
- Dragonfire Wolf
- Flame Atronach Wolf
- Frostbane Wolf
- Phantom Ice Wolf
- Psijic Wolf Exemplar
- Skeletal Wolf
- Wild Hunt Wolf
Dungeons & Group Content
- Sanctum Ophidia
- Monsters in Sanctum Ophidia will no longer award points when they should not.
Exploration & Itemization
- You will no longer receive two Undaunted Enclave Invitations upon reaching level 45.
- Fixed an issue where creatures summoned by Mementos would briefly have collision under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the "Mushrooms, Shadowpalm Cluster" furnishing did not have collision around its flower blooms.
- Fixed an issue that caused items stored in Storage Collectibles to appear in your character's inventory, or to be lost if your inventory was full.
- Note: This issue was only seen on the PTS. Don't panic, live players!
- Fixed various crashes found throughout the game.
- Improved issues with framerate hitching when running through larger areas (such as cities) on quad-core or better PCs and consoles.
- Improved multithreading usage on quad-core PCs.
- Improved the framerate stability when spending a lot of time in the same zone.
Quests & Zones
- Shadow of Sancre Tor: Fixed an issue where the bridge in the lever puzzle room could appear down when it should be raised.
- Fixed several of the most frequently encountered UI errors.
- Fixed an issue where you could be kicked out of a Vendor UI while interacting with it.
- Fixed issue where improving an item didn't refresh the upgrade material count.
- Fixed issue where Jewelry Crafting stations believed that the "Engraver" passive was actually called "Jewelry Crafting".
- Fix an issue where vendor items would not display if their trait was researchable.
- Updated the icon for generating a message when sending a Gift or a Thank You message.
- Collectibles within containers will now properly display a tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the Guild Bid UI wouldn't display the name of the trader or the time until bidding closed in the footer.
- Updated the notification names for the different types of Gifting notifications.
- Fixed an issue that prevented rotation while previewing items in the Crown Store.
Help & Tutorials
- Added tutorials to the Gift Inventory and when receiving a gift for the first time.
- Added approximately 30 new informative Loading Tips, covering aspects of the game like item sets, DLC-based skill lines, and other useful information.
- Made a number of minor clarifications and typo fixes in help menus, tutorials, and loading tips.