- 1 New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- 2 Template Updates
- 3 Known Issues
- 4 Fixes & Improvements
- 4.1 DLCs & Chapters
- 4.2 Combat & Gameplay
- 4.3 Base Game
Released on April 27 2020. (forum post)
The Elder Scrolls Online v6.0.1 welcomes back Midyear Mayhem for testing this week, along with many bug fixes and improvements for Antiquities and features in Western Skyrim and Blackreach. We've also made adjustments to the Kyne's Aegis Trial to increase the difficulty for Hard Modes, increased the difficulty of Harrowstorms, and reduced the effectiveness of all Trial sets due to an error in calculating their Set Bonus Efficiency. Along with many other bug fixes, we've also fixed a few common crashes that were occurring on the PTS. The size of this patch is approximately 222MB.
New Features / Updates / Big Changes
Midyear Mayhem is returning to Tamriel, and is available for testing on the PTS this week!
- Acquire the quest starter by visiting Predicant Maera to embark upon the introductory quest for this event.
- This year, Predicant Maera is now at Battleground camps as well as in Cyrodiil so that you don't need to queue for the Alliance War in order to do this quest.
- Furthermore, interacting with the Basin of the Gore Virtuous, located anywhere you find Predicant Maera, provides you with the same bonuses as the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity without needing to carry around the item (though you can still do so).
- Completing daily quests in Cyrodiil, Battlegrounds, or Imperial City, as well as earning Rewards for the Worthy, earns you a Pelinal's Midyear Boon Box in addition to normal rewards.
- Your Event Tickets for this event are split into two groups of two each; the first pair comes from completing your first Cyrodiil or Battleground daily each day, and the second pair comes from completing your first Imperial City District daily quest each day.
- Note that some of the Cyrodiil bounty quests, such as kill player/class quests, can also be found in Imperial City; those operate off of the Cyrodiil/Battleground ticket group. This means you can earn a total of four Event Tickets each day.
- For this Midyear Mayhem, we introduce the Second Legion outfit style pages, which have a chance to drop from the following:
- Killing bosses - named creatures at locations in the sewers, such as Emperor Leovic.
- Sweepers - wandering the sewers with banners on their backs.
- Patrolling horrors - meandering through the Districts looking for alliance warriors in the Imperial City
- You may also purchase these pages (bound to your character) from the Impresario for 5 Event Tickets each.
Crown Store Additions
Several items have been added to the Crown Store for testing:
- Vampire and Werewolf Skill Lines
- These skill lines act like the other skill lines where they require you to have a character who has already maxed out the respective skill line's rank in order to purchase these.
- Alliance Change Token
- These tokens are used from the character select screen to change the alliance of a single character to either of the other alliances. Upon using the token, you will be logged into the game at the capital city of your new alliance.
- Some quests will have their progress reset or removed and replaced entirely with the appropriate quest for that alliance.
- You will also be removed from your current Home Campaign in Cyrodiil, and your leaderboard progress removed.
- Note that you will have to wait 12 hours until you can select a new alliance locked home campaign.
- Western Skyrim Skyshards
- Like other Skyshard offerings, you must have another character on your account that already gathered all of Western Skyrim Skyshards in order to purchase this. Once purchased, the character will unlock all of the Skyshards (and a skill point for every 3 unlocked) available in Western Skyrim immediately.
Icereach Coven Motif chapters, as well as the associated style item Fryse Willow, are available to test this week, and occasionally from bosses in the Icereach Dungeon.
- Alliance potions obtained from the Alchemist's Audacious Alembic container are now scaled appropriately for template characters.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using the Alchemist's Audacious Alembic.
- Fixed an issue where the Vampire and Werewolf maxer items on the template were unusable.
- Added a container with the Greymoor furnishings sold by the Achievements Vendor to the Homeowner's Crate.
- Fixed an issue which prevented acquiring Perfected Kyne's Wind weapons on templates.
- Corrected the set displayed in the tooltip for many of the new set containers.
- Added a box containing the Greymoor achievement furnishings to the Homeowner's Crate.
Events & Celebrations
- The quest starter for this event currently appears on the Crown Store, but cannot be used. To begin the quest, visit Predicant Maera in Cyrodiil or Battleground camps.
Explorization & Itemization
- Many of the Antiquity furnishings do not currently bind to you as intended when acquired.
- The front of the Bastion Sanguinaris home is no longer missing, but now invisible. We expect this to be fully present starting next week, for all applicable senses.
Fixes & Improvements
DLCs & Chapters
Explorization & Itemization
- Interactable objects in Clockwork City now animate normally.
Explorization & Itemization
- Adjusted the names of "Ancient Dragonguard" quest rewards to "Venerable Dragonguard" to avoid confusion with the Ancient Dragonguard item set.
- Improved the accuracy of your position on the map in the Lion's Cradle portion of the Hall of the Lunar Champion.
Art & Animation
- Fixed a variety of assets throughout Skyrim and Blackreach that were clipping, floating, or otherwise incorrect.
- Chitin weapons now have the appropriate textures.
- Male characters' hands no longer clip into the Ancestral High Elf Shield.
- Sea Giant Motif Light and Heavy Shoulders for female characters no longer clip into docked Sea Giant Motif Shields.
- Ancestral High Elf Guards now have appropriately working dye channels.
- Lady Essenia's transformation now has appropriate textures and modeling.
- Reduced some texture stretching that would occur on the Chitin Chest piece for male characters during running animations.
- Reduced the amount of clipping with the Blackreach Motif Light Robe during running animations.
- Old Mjolen's weapon is now docked correctly to her clothing.
- Ancestral High Elf Mace, 2H Mace, and Shield no have the correct visual effects applied to them.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue that allowed attunable crafting stations to be attuned when standing above the top of the cave containing the Dragon's Belly crafting site.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Greymoor Survey Reports from dropping.
Dungeons & Group Content
Kyne's Aegis Trial
- Froyda's hair no longer clips into her cheek.
- Lord Falgravn's Undaunted Trophy and Bust now have correct icons.
- The theater scene before the final boss room will no longer play before the Half Giant Stormcaller is killed.
- The health added to monsters after increasing the difficulty using the Challenge Banner no longer appears to disappear when the encounter resets.
- Vampire Infuser's Infuse ability will no longer appear to be casting after being interrupted.
- Lightning Bolt now only affects player targets.
- Damage received from Unstable Energy from standing near Half-Giant Storm Callers can no longer be blocked or dodged, and now ramps up each time you take damage until you leave the attack radius.
- Increased the damage of Half-Giant Raider's Exploding Spear ability impact and Damage over Time.
- Increased the health of Half-Giant Bulwarks.
- The Bitter Knight will now use Sanguine Prison as frequently as originally intended.
- Yandir the Butcher
- The Dragon Totem will no longer have a chance to spin around when summoned.
- Fixed an issue where Chaurus Bile could remain on your character after the fight resets.
- Improved performance related to the Sea Adder's ability use.
- The Abyssal Healing ability now heals Yandir's ally faster for less.
- Decreased the duration of Hailstone Shield.
- Increased the power from Yandir the Butcher and all enemies in the encounter after using the Challenge Banner.
- Captain Vrol
- Ballista Parts are now removed from your character when Captain Vrol is defeated.
- Vrolsworn Conjurer's Waterspout ability no longer does Shock damage, and can no longer be interrupted.
- Captain Vrol will no longer fail to summon the Storm Twin in rare cases.
- After planting the Challenge Banner to activate Hard Mode, Captain Vrol's portal adds will enrage if left alone, increasing their damage output over time.
- Increased the power from Captain Vrol and all enemies in the encounter after using the Challenge Banner.
- Lord Falgravn
- Boss music now correctly plays during the encounter.
- Grievous Pulse now reduces Lord Falgravn's damage taken for the duration and increases damage at a faster rate, with a dramatic increase after a short time.
- Blood Dome now increases the damage your character takes per tick.
- Blood Dome now consistently deals damage outside of the central pit.
- Torturers that join the battle will now correctly attack nearby players.
- Increased the damage from Pool of Ichor.
- The Blood Fountain ability now deals more damage.
- Lord Falgravn no longer takes additional damage after you successfully complete the Lightning Conduits.
- Made the following adjustments affecting the Hemorrhage ability:
- Hemorrhage can no longer Critical Strike.
- Increased the overall damage.
- This can no longer affect players in the Ritual Vault.
- Hemorrhage will no longer fail to apply to eligible players.
- Sanguine Prison can no longer be cleansed by a Warden's Betty Netch.
- Increased the health of the Sanguine Prison, and it is now affected by activating Hard Mode.
- Lord Falgravn can now cast Instability in the Hidden Barrow.
- Execration can no longer Critical Strike, and can no longer affect players in the Sanguine Prison.
- Increased the damage bonus granted by Execration.
- Lieutenant Njordal now has faster movement, and moves at full speed while casting Uppercut.
- Added a new Fiery Grip ability to Lieutenant Njordal.
- Death Seekers are no longer able to spawn where you arrive in the Ritual Vault.
- The Torturers in the Ritual Vault are now influenced by the Challenging Banner.
- After planting the Challenge Banner to activate Hard mode, Lord Falgravn will increase in power over time while inside the Ritual Vault.
- Increased the amount Lord Falgravn heals after reaching the Ritual Vault.
- Lord Falgravn now leaves behind Corrupted Ichor when striking his target with Cross Swipe in the Ritual vault.
Explorization & Itemization
- Fixed an issue where you could find whole Chaurus Egg reagents in too many places.
- Fixed an issue where a soup bowl wasn't emptying when looted.
- Fixed an issue where the Sword Thane Outfit Collectible was not unlocking properly.
- Adjusted the locations for many dig spots to be in safer locations and to fix various clipping and environmental issues.
- Adjusted the size of high-end Scrying boards to better fit televisions.
- Adjusted the placement of Foci within Scrying boards of all difficulties.
- Fixed an issue where the Antiquity fragments of the new Mount were repeatable. You can only get one Dwarven Ebon Wolf, sorry!
- Mythic Items now display their proper quality color (orange) in the Antiquities Journal. Note that their constituent parts may still be of lower quality colors.
- Added missing icons for the new Rune, its two resultant Glyphs, and the Coldharbour, Craglorn, and Eyevea sections of the Antiquities Journal.
- Dig spots in Northern Elsweyr now appear in the digsites.
- Clicking on the tracked Antiquity in the world map panel will now show it on the map.
- Added the option to abandon Antiquities from the map.
- Made adjustments to the codex viewer for fragmented Antiquities.
- Tooltips will no longer display for tools that have not been unlocked during Excavation.
- Updated the visuals for Scrying.
- Fragmented Antiquities will now show tooltips in the Scryable section of the Journal.
- Fixed an issue where the keybind to view ability tooltips in Excavation didn't display in Gamepad Mode.
- Corrected a number of visual issues with portions of Bastion Sanguinaris, with the missing façade still being worked on.
- Improved the accuracy of the collision in Bastion Sanguinaris.
- Fixed an issue where some of the rocks in Bastion Sanguinaris would appear unusually dark when viewed from a distance.
- Removed an immovable nightstand from Proudspire Manor.
- Updated the furnished version of Proudspire Manor to remove duplicated or inaccessible furnishings.
- The Bust and Trophy of Lord Falgravn from Kyne's Aegis are no longer invisible.
- Fixed an issue where some Antiquity furnishings would disappear when viewed from a distance; they will now correctly switch to a lower level of detail when you are far away.
- "Solitude Carpet, Small Plush" is now easier to select when placed flush with a surface.
- Fixed an issue where the "Void-Crystal Anomaly" Antiquity furnishing had an incorrect name.
- Updated the name of the "Fern, Skald-Vine" furnishing to "Fern, Sting-Vine".
- Updated the sound effects for the "Target Stone Husk" furnishing, and corrected a minor animation issue that occurred when it stood up.
- Updated some incomplete textures on the base of the "Font of Auri-El" furnishing.
- Added icons to a number of furnishings that did not yet have their icons.
Monsters & NPCs
- Reduced the amount of critters present in Western Skyrim and Blackreach.
- Reduced the base damage of all Bloodknight abilities.
- The Blood Tether ability can now be dodged.
- Blood Tether now has the correct icon.
- Blood Tether's animation will now end if the monster leaves combat before the ability is complete.
- Cross Swipe will now complete casting if the target moves out of range.
- Frost Knight
- Ice Trap can now be dodged and is more likely to be cast against melee players.
- Vampire Lord
- Drain Life can now be dodged.
- Drain Life's snare can now correctly be removed by player abilities.
- Drain Life now has the correct icon.
- Players affected by Vampiric Grip while dodge rolling now display the proper stun animation.
- The Vampiric Grip ability will no longer ignore CC immunity. If the Vampire Lord targets a CC immune player, it will reappear nearby after a brief delay.
- Players using Precognition to break out of Vampiric Grip no longer get to break free without actually spending Ultimate.
- Supernatural Reflexes can now be dodged.
- Vampires (Humanoid)
- Drain Life now ends if the target breaks free. If the target was CC immune when targeted, it will end after dealing only a small amount of damage.
- Slightly reduced the range of Red Death.
- Fixed an issue where the effects from Red Death would not display correctly if the target moved out of range.
- Adjusted the damage scaling from Summoned Hemoptera's Blood Sacrifice. You can also now block or dodge this ability.
- Bard NPCs now wear the appropriate gear.
Quests & Zones
- You will now be able to find Winfred to talk with her about the Dwarven Colossus.
- Anyone entering the Morthal Barrow to destroy the Witch Pike will now be able to prevent the Harrowstorm even if they aren't the first to arrive.
- You can now wayshrine to your home alliance capital city once completing the Greymoor Tutorial.
- Aspirant Yolstagg now has a boss bar as befitting his status.
- Midnight Barrow
- Delida the Damned has now had boss immunities applied to her.
- Harrowstorms will now give the proper experience and reputation gains when completed.
- Adjusted the difficulty of several "phase boss" monsters to better match their importance.
- Updated the scaling during Harrowstorms to increase the number of monsters added to the event the more people that are in the area.
- Increased the difficulty of Summoned Coagulants.
- Dwarf-light the Destroyer, Imperfect Iteration, Shahmar, Brsssp the Behemoth, and Krodunth the Mantikora now all have boss bars to signify their importance.
- Garneld the Hollow now has a boss bar to indicate the dangerousness of the encounter.
- The combat Tutorial monster, Vitrius the Bloody, is now affected correctly when knocked off-balance, making him more consistent with other enemies in the game.
- Leiborn no longer wanders off when you return triumphantly with a legendary lute.
- The Highmourn Dizi and the Sky-Talker instruments can now only be found as part of this quest.
- The Gathering Storm: Sister Ambritt is now balanced for lower-level players.
- The Scraps: The Power Node you need to collect in the first room now appears at the appropriate time and is no longer invisible.
- The Vampire Scholar: Lyris will now be able to comment on some of your actions if you turn a valve incorrectly while in Tzinghalis's Tower during this quest.
- Hordrek's Hunting Party
- Hordrek, Vig, and Otal will no longer simply stand around while being attacked.
- Updated several Greymoor achievements that were missing icons.
- Updated the icon for Crimson Nirnroot.
- Adjusted the areas where the Abah's Landing city map will display when outside but near the city.
Combat & Gameplay
Combat & Abilities
- In an effort to address many input delays, the cooldown for activating an ability after Weapon Swapping has been reduced from 500ms to 250ms to better match the animation.
- Fixed an issue where activating a synergy could cause a crash in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with the data curve associated with granting Critical Resistance. You now correctly get base level Critical Resistance starting at level 10, all the way to 50.
- You can now duel other players in both Western Skryim and Blackreach: Greymoor Caverns.
- Fixed an issue where your Alliance War skill lines could reset to Rank 1 after encountering a specific crash in Cyrodiil.
- Shadowstrike: This passive will no longer force an animation to play on your character, in order to prevent strange animation errors from occurring when it managed to proc while in the middle of a different animation.
Itemization & Item Sets
- Deadly Strike: Fixed an issue where this set was not applying to Rapid Fire or its morphs.
- Kyne's Wind and Perfected Kyne's Wind: Reduced the Magicka and Stamina restored from these sets to 399 per tick, down from 508.
- Roaring Opportunist and Perfected Roaring Opportunist:
- These sets now determine their duration based on the amount of damage done from the Heavy Attack that procced it, rather than a flat 10 second duration. The duration is determined by 1 second for every 8000 damage dealt, with a minimum of 5 seconds and a maximum of 12 seconds.
- These sets no longer require you to Heavy Attack Off Balance targets.
- Developer Comment:
- Scourge Harvester: Fixed an issue where the heal from this set could return labeled as a Critical Strike, despite not actually Critically Striking. This will fix instances of other proc conditions, such as Power Surge, activating from this set.
Sellistrix: Fixed an issue where hitting multiple enemies with this set could intensify the screen shake. Your Richter scales will no longer implode when using this set in AoE situations.
- Snow Treaders: This set is now properly labeled as Medium Armor.
- Spawn of Mephala:
- Fixed an issue with the visuals from this set.
- Fixed an issue where this set could be blocked.
- This set now is accurately displayed as Damage over Time by Scrolling Combat Text.
- Stuhn's Favor: Reduced the penetration granted from this set to 11130, down from 13355, to better account for its AoE effectiveness.
- Vrol's Command and Perfected Vrol's Command: Increased the cooldown of these sets to 36 seconds, up from 28.
- Yandir's Might and Perfected Yandir's Might: These sets now grant 69 Stamina Recovery and 111 Weapon Damage per stack, down from 100 and 158 respectively.
Alliance War & PvP
- Battlespirit tooltips will now properly state you are taking 60% reduced Healing
- Lancer weapons will now properly state they are Lancer weapons instead of Ballista in their item description header.
- The debuff from Scattershot Catapults will now be consistently applied to all targets in the landing area.
Art & Animation
- Visual effects on Elder Argonian one and two-handed axes are now properly positioned.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue where the Prismatic Recovery glyph was not functioning properly. This Enchantment will now correctly display its regenerative properties.
Crown Store & Crown Crates
- Clarified the tooltip for the Alliance Change Tokens to better describe how they work.
- Updated the directional arrows that appear while moving a furnishing with Precision Edits. These arrows are now easier to select with the mouse in cursor mode, and all six directional arrows are shown instead of only one arrow per axis.
- The "Basin of Loss" furnishing now has improved audio.
- Added informative text to the "Soul-Sworn Thrall" furnishing clarifying that it can be fed upon by vampires.
- Updated the description of the "Statue, Vampiric Sovereign" furnishing.
- The vile enchantments placed upon this statue make it a grim reminder of a vampire's power. Whether cloaked in bats, imbued with dark energies, or wreathed in flame, weak-hearted mortals will never forget the sight of it.
- Prior map furnishings can now be found in the Maps subcategory of the Library category of the Housing Editor.
- Furnishings with ground projections will now show their projections correctly when previewed.
- Improved the framerate in some problematic areas of Blackreach.
- Fixed two types of crashes that could occur when other players had a non-combat pet out.
Quests & Zones
- Soul-Shriven in Coldharbour: Fixed an issue if leaving the Wailing Prison prematurely, many of the doors would no longer work, causing you to become stuck with no way out.
- Fixed an issue where the Removing from Area timer would be short instead of long with a completed dungeon.
- Updated the descriptive text for the Reach-Mage's Ferocity to better match the style of similar items.
- Fixed an issue where Heroism and Timidity were lacking their own icons in the Alchemy UI.