|Line Rank||20||Cost||2000 Magicka|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||6 seconds|
When the effect ends, a pool of sunlight remains attached to the enemy, healing you and allies.
|Power of the Light
Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage, and applies Minor Breach to the enemy.
- Backlash: Summon an expanding beam of pure sunlight to doom an enemy, dealing [1498 / 1515 / 1530 / 1548] Magic Damage to them and copying all their damage taken from you for 6 seconds and releasing 50% of it as additional Magic Damage to them. Maximum copied damage: 0. This value scales off your Spell Damage.
- Purifying Light: Summon an expanding beam of pure sunlight to doom an enemy, dealing 1548 Magic Damage to them and copying all their damage taken from you for 6 seconds and releasing 50% of it as additional Magic Damage to them. Maximum copied damage: 0. This value is based on your Spell Damage. When the effect ends you and allies near the enemy are healed for [870 / 880 / 889 / 898] Health every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
- Power of the Light: Cost: 1700 Stamina.
Summon an expanding beam of pure sunlight to doom an enemy, dealing 1548 Physical Damage to them and copying all their damage taken from you for 6 seconds and releasing 50% of it as additional Physical Damage to them. Maximum copied damage: -1. This value scales off your Weapon Damage. Targets are also afflicted with Minor Breach, reducing their and by 2974 for [6 / 7 / 8 / 9] seconds.
Backlash deals a small amount of damage and copies all damage inflicted on an enemy and releases a percentage of it as a blast of Magic Damage. Purifying Light causes a healing effect to remain attached to the target, restoring the Health of all of your nearby allies. Or you could choose Power of the Light, which converts the casting cost to use Stamina, and changes the damage to Physical Damage. It also reduces the target's physical and magical resistance, effectively increasing all damage taken.
- When cast, this spell causes a bright beam of light to shine upwards from the enemy's location, which essentially marks it. This can be useful as an indicator when playing in a group, hinting the other members of your party where to concentrate their attacks. It's thus useful even if you don't use this skill yourself to recognize the effect when your group-mates use it.
- This skill is most effective on tougher enemies, because it only deals damage at the end, so if an enemy dies before that happens, the cast was effectively wasted. The Power of the Light morph is slightly more useful in such cases, because it also increases their damage taken, so it still does something even if the ending blast never fires, but either way, it's still preferable to use on monsters that won't die before it has a chance to work.
- Purifying Light is most effective in cases where you want your allies to remain close to the affected target. It might be unwise to use it in certain boss fights where staying within range of the effect would be detrimental. (E.g. Fights where a damaging effect is attached to each player, in which case you do not want to be close together, or fights where the boss has a very powerful close-range attack.)
- Purifying Light is a recommended morph for the Templar Initiate and Gleaming Champion builds, while Power of the Light is recommended for Luminous Warrior.