The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 36.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's talk page.
|Line Rank||42||Cost||4320 Magicka|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||6 seconds|
Has reduced cost, and the shield is strengthened further for each enemy hit.
No longer deals damage to enemies on activation, instead deals damage when shield expires based on the amount it absorbed, and increases the radius.
- Sun Shield: Surround yourself with solar rays, granting a damage shield that absorbs up to 4800 damage for 6 seconds. This portion of the ability scales off your Max Health. Nearby enemies take [2247 / 2271 / 2297 / 2321] Magic Damage when the shield is activated, and each enemy hit increases the shield's strength by 4%.
- Radiant Ward: Cost: 4050 Magicka.
Surround yourself with solar rays, granting a damage shield that absorbs up to 4800 damage for 6 seconds. This portion of the ability scales off your Max Health. Nearby enemies take 2326 Magic Damage when the shield is activated, and each enemy hit increases the shield's strength by [17 / 18 / 19 / 20]%.
- Blazing Shield: Radius: 8 meters.
Surround yourself with solar rays, granting a damage shield that absorbs up to 4800 damage for 6 seconds. This portion of the ability scales off your Max Health. Each nearby enemy increases the shield's strength by 4% when the shield is activated. When the shield expires it explodes outward, dealing [21 / 24 / 27 / 30]% of the damage it absorbed to nearby enemies.
Sun Shield applies a Damage Shield to you. Enemies nearby take Magic Damage on cast, and increase the shield's magnitude. The Radiant Ward morph reduces the casting cost and further strengthens the shield based on the number of enemies affected, while the Blazing Shield deals damage to all enemies at the end of the effect based on how much damage it absorbed, rather than a fixed amount at the beginning.
- Be careful when using the Blazing Shield morph that you don't re-cast it until the ending blast has occurred, otherwise you will cancel the original blast and the spell ends up doing basically nothing except for an expensive and fairly minor Damage Shield.
- By contrast, due to its reduced cost, the Radiant Ward morph can effectively be used several times in rapid succession to quickly take out some weaker mobs of enemies. The Damage Shield from the first cast still persists for the full duration, so even if there are fewer enemies on successive casts, your shield won't be reduced (except by the normal means of taking damage).
- Blazing Shield is a recommended morph for the Templar Initiate build.
* Radiant Ward: Fixed an issue where this ability wasn't properly progressing as it ranked up. This results in a slight increase to its damage.
* This ability no longer stops your magicka regeneration.
* Increased the cost of this ability by 10%.
- Radiant Ward: In addition to increased shield strength, this morph also has a reduced cost.
* Radiant Ward: Increased the shield strength bonus from this morph's shield to 6% per enemy hit from 5%.
* Blazing Shield: Fixed an issue where this morph was not working with the Spear Wall and Piercing Spear passive abilities.
* Blazing Shield: Reduced the amount of damage done by this morph to 33/36/39/42% of the damage absorbed by the shield, down from 50/51/52/53%.
- Developer Comments: Blazing Shield builds have proven to be extremely effective due to being able to stack Health to improve both their survivability and damage done. We've reduced the effectiveness of this ability so that there is more of an opportunity cost to having so much Health.
* Blazing Shield: Fixed an issue where casting this morph would aggro neutral monsters around you.
* Updated the tooltip for this ability and its morphs to state the actual value, rather than an ambiguous value that required you to do super hard math.
- Increased the initial hit damage of this ability and the Radiant Ward morph by 150% to put it on par with our PBAoE standards. Blazing Shield's damage remains untouched since it is already above that standard, since it has an additional requirement in order to gain the damage.
- Radiant Ward (morph): This ability no longer gains additional cost reduction as it ranks up. Instead, the bonus shield size for enemies hit goes up to 9% per enemy hit at Rank IV.
* Blazing Shield (morph):
- Fixed an issue where this ability could save damage taken from previous casts. Once the shield ends or is broken, it will attempt to deal damage and then wipe its memory clean of all the transgressions it experienced, if any. Be like Blazing Shield; forget and forgive.
Blazing Shield (morph): Fixed an issue where this ability’s explosion visuals would multiply in intensity with the number of enemies hit, causing your screen to experience level 7 earthquakes and your eyes to be blinded with the brilliance of Meridia. The explosions will now always appear as well, regardless if you dealt damage.