- Radial Sweep: Swing your Aedric spear around with holy vengeance, dealing [6149 / 6216 / 6284 / 6352] Magic Damage to all nearby enemies and an additional [3073 / 3107 / 3140 / 3175] Magic Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
- Everlasting Sweep: Duration: 10 seconds.
Swing your Aedric spear around with holy vengeance, dealing [6351 / 6421 / 6491 / 6560] Physical Damage to all nearby enemies and an additional 3176 Physical Damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. The duration is extended by 2 seconds for each enemy hit.
- Crescent Sweep: Swing your Aedric spear around with holy vengeance, dealing [6351 / 6421 / 6491 / 6560] Magic Damage to all nearby enemies and an additional 3176 Magic Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. Enemies in your path will be hit for 60% more damage.
Radial Sweep deals Magic Damage to all nearby enemies with an additional damage over time for 6 seconds. Everlasting Sweep deals Physical Damage and increases the duration, with the duration being increased further for each enemy hit. Crescent Sweep adds more damage to enemies in front of you instead, and deals Magic Damage.
- At a cost of 75 Ultimate, this is one of the cheapest Ultimate abilities available, exceeded only by the Nightblade's Death Stroke.
- Everlasting Sweep is a recommended morph for the Templar Initiate, Gleaming Champion, and Bastion of Light builds, while Crescent Sweep is recommended for Luminous Warrior.
- The 60% increased damage of Crescent Sweep's damage over time applies to the targets in front of you when each pulse hits, not the targets hit on the initial sweep.
- Prior to Update 37, Everlasting Sweep was called Empowering Sweep and gave you Empower when used with the duration of the buff increased for each enemy hit.
Radial Sweep's damage pulse
- Empowering Sweep: This Ultimate ability now gives 15% damage reduction and +4% damage reduction for each target hit instead of increasing your armor.
- Radial Sweep and all morphs are now a player-based area of effect attack that will also deal damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds, to enemies within 5 meters.
- Increased the radius of this ability and its morphs to 6 meters from 5 meters.
- Crescent Sweep: Increased the bonus to the initial hit provided by this morph to 66% more damage dealt from 33%.
- Empowering Sweep: Increased the duration of the damage reduction provided by this morph to 10 seconds from 8 seconds.
- The damage from this ability and its morphs can no longer be dodged.
- Developer Comments: Changed as part of our overall Area of Effect consistency pass as described earlier.
- Empowering Sweep: This morph now deals Physical Damage instead of Magic Damage, and also now grants Major Protection for 6 seconds, plus 1 second for each target hit.
- Crescent Sweep:
- This morph now deals Magic Damage instead of Physical Damage.
- This morph now applies the frontal cone damage bonus to the initial hit and all subsequent ticks (was previously the initial hit only), but the damage bonus has been reduced to a 60% bonus from 66%.
- Developer Comment: As stamina builds already have a bursty option with Dawnbreaker, we wanted Magicka Templars to have access to a similar option with Crescent Sweep. The change to Magicka damage, along with the increased overall damage, will now provide that option. Keep in mind this still requires targets to be in front of you when it hits!
- Increased the radius of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 6 meters.
- Empowering Sweep (morph): Redesigned this morph to offer damage, rather than survivability. The damage pulse after the initial hit now lasts 6 seconds at base, but is increased by 2 seconds for each enemy hit, up to a maximum of 6 enemies. It also now grants Empower for the duration, rather than Major Protection.
- Developer Comment: The Templar has many Ultimates that operate defensively already in their other skill lines (Major Maim from Nova, Major Protection from Remembrance), and we found their toolkit for offensive moments wasn't being given enough opportunity. Back in Update 20, we adjusted Crescent Sweep to deal Magic Damage and introduced a bonus mechanism where enemies hit in a cone in front of you took bonus damage. We wanted the Physical Damage morph to also enable damage, but through alternative means. Now, the entire ability's duration will scale based on enemies hit, and will also grant Empower for the duration.
- In efforts to improve performance, the visual effects from some player abilities have been updated. These changes focus on which players can see specific parts of a visual effect, and when the visual effects should be removed from view. This is an ongoing process that will be maintained over time. Note that the caster of these abilities will not see much change, if any, while allies will see much less of the visual intensity. The following abilities have received adjustments:
- Radial Sweep and morphs
- Aurora Javelin
- Puncturing Strikes and morphs
- Sun Shield and morphs
- This ultimate and its morphs now have a minor cast time to help better sync their damage and animation, as well as adding more time for counter play to react.
- Empowering Sweep/Everlasting Sweep:
- Increased the duration of the pulsing Damage over Time to 10 seconds at base, up from 6 seconds.
- This morph no longer grants Empower, as Solar Flare and its morphs already grant this buff. As such, the name has been adjusted to prevent confusion.