Online:Depths of Malatar
- "The light that shone from the statue of Narilmor acted as both guide and protector to Ayleid ships crossing the Abecean, promising warmth and safe harbor in Garlas Malatar, until the city fell in the latter days of the Alessian Slave Rebellion." - Tjurhane Fyrre
|# of Zones||1|
|Northwest of Anvil|
It's part of the Wrathstone dungeon pack DLC, along with Frostvault. It is located beneath the Ayleid ruins of Garlas Malatar, connected to the sunken ruins of Fort Mistwatch. The ruins are occupied by followers of Meridia who have devoted their very life and essence to keeping one half of the Wrathstone Tablet hidden deep within.
An unlikely partnership with the spirit of her treacherous ex-husband, Quintus Verres, leads the acclaimed relic hunter Tharrayya to the wreckage of an Imperial fort built to plunder Ayleid ruins on the Gold Coast. Believed to be abandoned after its destruction in an unnamed calamity, Tharayya’s search reveals a terrible secret—the Imperials never left. With your help, Tharayya hopes to overcome the unnatural guardians protecting the legendary artifact that brought the Imperials to Garlas Malatar, and to ruin.
- Depths of Malatar Objective: Investigate the Depths of Malatar / I helped Tharayya recover part of the fabled Wrathstone.
- The Guiding Light: Find the way into an ancient Ayleid city and recover a historical artifact.
- Pledge: Depths of Malatar: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Depths of Malatar.
- The Scavenging Maw, a Hunger that feeds on anything and everything
- The Weeping Woman, an Ayleid woman who turns into a Nereid
- The Dark Orb, a magical relic that summons Aurorans
- King Narilmor, an Ayleid king blessed with immortality by Meridia herself
- The Symphony of Blades, an avatar of Meridia's power flanked by the Auroran Phalanx
|This article could benefit from an image of:
Dictates of the Lady of Light
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
Hard Mode is only available in the Veteran version of the Depths of Malatar. When you get to the final boss fight against the Symphony of Blades, you have the option to burn the Dictates of the Lady of Light:
- <This orderly pile of papers define proper supplication and worship rituals for proper veneration of Meridia. Each page is meticulously written in a precise hand with every letter and line in perfect alignment.>
- <Torch and scatter Meridia's sacred words.>
Burning the papers will make the boss fight more difficult. If your group dies, the papers will need to be burned again to reenable Hard Mode.
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 28-1206 Maximum Health
|Depths of Malatar||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 3-129 Weapon Damage
|Depths of Malatar||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
|Depths of Malatar||Heavy Armor|
|Symphony of Blades||
1 item: Adds 4% Healing Done
|Monster Helm Sets|
- Frostbitten Journal — The journal of a follower of Umaril
- Picking up the Pieces by Tharayya — An adventurer's notes on a hapless associate
- Unearthing Garlas Malatar by Tharayya
Picking up the Pieces and Unearthing Garlas Malatar are located atop crates within the entrance of the dungeon. The first room in the fort proper contains two Purified Retainers and two Purified Orderlies. There are several containers (including one backpack) and provisioning ingredients strewn throughout. Up ahead, you'll hear several purified soldiers talking about a creature up ahead that has been eating their kin. The soldiers are trying to devise a plan to purge the creature. The group in the hallway consists of two Retainers, one Orderly, one Oppressor and one Harrier. This hallway is lined with bookshelves and the occasional table, one of which has an alchemy bottle on it. There is also one backpack in the hallway.
The door up ahead leads to the fort's storage room, where the beast the soldiers were talking about resides. You'll need to face The Scavenging Maw before you can proceed.
The Frostbitten Journal is located in the Weeping Woman's arena.
Tabernacle of Light Unyielding
Achievements associated with dungeon:
|Wrathstone Explorer||5||Enter either Frostvault or Depths of Malatar for the first time.|
|Wrathstone Dungeoneer||10||Complete both Frostvault and Depths of Malatar in Normal.|
|Wrathstone Delver||50||Complete both Frostvault and Depths of Malatar in Veteran.|
|Depths of Malatar Vanquisher||10||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades in Depths of Malatar.|
|Depths of Malatar Conqueror||10||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Skating the Ice||5||Have no group members get hit by Glaciation during your battle with the Weeping Woman in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Soul Mates||5||Prevent Quintus from ever winning his deadlock with Tharayya during the battle with King Narilmor in Depths of Malatar.|
|Reaping Rainbow||5||Defeat each color of Auroran during the battle with the Symphony of Blades in Depths of Malatar.|
|Hide and Seek||10||Don't allow any of the Scavenging Maw's Hunting Proboscis to be shattered and don't get hit by any of its shadow forms in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|The Speed of Light||50||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades within 30 minutes of entering Veteran Depths of Malatar. Your timer starts on entering combat.|
|Purified||50||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades without suffering a group member death in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Depths Defier||50||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades after destroying the Dictates of the Lady of Light in Veteran Depths of Malatar within 30 minutes without suffering a group member death.|
|Veteran Purified Slayer||10||Defeat 350 of Meridia's Purified in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Veteran Stone Watcher Slayer||10||Defeat 150 Stone Watchers in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Color Blind||10||Don't destroy any colored orbs during the Dark Orb encounter in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Out of Formation||10||Prevent the Symphony of Blades from crossing the Auroran Phalanx and becoming empowered by Meridia's Light in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Ice Breaker||10||Destroy 5 Ice Pillars with Sunburst meteors during the encounter with the Symphony of Blades in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Lackluster||10||Defeat the Symphony of Blades in Veteran Depths of Malatar after reading the Dictate to the Lady of Light and destroying all of the colored orbs during the encounter.|
- Garlas Malatar also appeared in the Knights of the Nine DLC for Oblivion.
- Although the dungeon entrance is located in the Gold Coast zone, you are not required to own the Dark Brotherhood DLC in order to access Depths of Malatar, as it can be directly ported into like any group dungeon.
The Dark Orb