|Location||Tabernacle of Light Unyielding, Depths of Malatar|
Friendly (initially, while talking)
|Gold, Soul Gem, Potions, Radiant Dungeon Set item|
|Faction(s)||Warriors of Light|
King Narilmor is the ancient Ayleid king of Garlas Malatar who serves as the fourth boss of the Depths of Malatar. Purified with the blessings of immortality and loss of free will by Meridia herself, he stops at nothing to reacquire the right half of the Wrathstone from you, sabotaging your expedition and luring you into various traps along the way.
When he is fought in the Tabernacle of Light Unyielding, he will split himself into four various clones: flame (red), frost (blue), lightning (purple), and light (white/yellow), all having attacks based on their element. The spirit of Quintus Verres also escapes during the battle, complicating matters as you have the option of helping Tharayya capture him again. After Narilmor's defeat, his pact with Meridia transforms him into the Symphony of Blades, a vessel of her power fought in the final part of the dungeon.
- The Guiding Light: Find the way into an ancient Ayleid city and recover a historical artifact.
- Pledge: Depths of Malatar: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Depths of Malatar.
The best solution to beating Narilmor once he splits into copies of himself is to have the tank lead all four of them into a corner of the room, allowing the rest of the team attacks them all easily. The healer may also, if possible, heal Tharayya so that Quintus doesn't escape.
Skills and Abilities
- Purifying Light
- The boss summons an expanding beam of pure sunlight to doom a player, dealing moderate magical damage to them and copying all their damage taken for 6 seconds and releasing 20% of it as additional magical damage to them.
- Smiting Dawn
- The boss arms himself with Meridia's sacred sword and dispenses her retribution, dealing very high physical damage to players in front of itself and stuns them for 2 seconds and deals additional moderate physical damage over time for 6 seconds. Blocking this attack will reduce the damage and prevent the stun.
- Minor Wound
- A basic ranged attack that does moderate magical damage.
- Radiant Destruction
- The boss channels a ray of holy fire, dealing moderate magical damage over 1.8 seconds. Deals up to 480% more damage to players below 50% health. This attack can be interrupted.
- A basic ranged attack that does moderate flame damage.
- Fire Runes
- The boss shoots two fireballs in the air which form two fire runes when they land. The runes do moderate flame damage over time to all players within the runes and should be avoided. Players should be prepared to move as soon as the attack casts as one rune will always be cast on top of a random player.
- The enemy calls down a flaming meteor from the sky down onto a player dealing high AoE flame damage and stunning any players hit by the meteor. This skill then sends out fire AoEs across the floor called Afterimages.
- These AoEs are released after Sunburst lands, the smaller AoEs deal moderate flame damage.
- Ice Arrow
- A basic ranged attack that does moderate frost damage.
- Winter's Reach
- The enemy releases an icy whirlwind in the direction it is facing. This whirlwind does high frost damage and roots all players that it hits. Root effect passes through block, and can be escaped by roll dodging. This attack can be interrupted or simply avoided.
- Summon Ice Pillar
- The enemy summons an Ice Pillar. The pillar has an AoE around it that deals moderate frost damage over time to all players within it and should be avoided. Players should be prepared to move as soon as the attack casts as the pillar will always be cast on top of a random player.
- A basic ranged attack that does moderate shock damage.
- Arc Lightning
- The boss channels and releases lightning across the floor as indicated by red circles. This attack does high shock damage to all enemies hit. This attack cannot be interrupted so must be avoided or blocked.
- Agonizing Bolts
- The boss will call down lightning AoEs from the sky that deal moderate shock damage, the shock damage rapidly increases if you are hit in succession by the lightning.
- Tharayya: "A shrine? Why would the Imperials build this?"
- Quintus Verres: "Who cares? What matters is they found the Wrathstone. It's right there for the taking."
- Tharayya: "Imperials aren't known for their traps, but … looks clear."
- Tharayya: "Trap free, for once."
She takes the piece of the Wrathstone.
- King Narilmor: "That was never meant for impure hands! It will not leave my care!" [He causes a cave in, destroying the shrine and forcing everyone into the ruins below]
- King Narilmor: "Submit to her will. It is the only way."
- Tharayya: "Over here! I'm alive!"
- Quintus Verres: "Unfortunately."
As you advance into the buried Ayleid city, he'll say:
- King Narilmor: "The impure defile our domain. Bathe them in her radiance until their souls are scorched pure!"
Upon entering the room with the Dark Orb, King Narilmor seals you in with it.
- King Narilmor: "There is no escape now. This will be your home or your grave."
He will deliver his commentary of the orbs and aurorans that spawn from them:
- King Narilmor: "Struggle as you might, you cannot deny the will of Meridia. Her power is infinite."
- King Narilmor: "Submit to the Lady of Light, and be cleansed." (Summons the Radiant Orb and its Aurorans)
- King Narilmor: "Blue. The color of calm, measured inevitability, and despair." (Summons the Phosphorescent Orb and its Aurorans)
- King Narilmor: "Purple. The color of regality, and savage gashes in the night sky." (Summons the Scintillating Orb and its Aurorans)
- King Narilmor: "Red. The color of fiery passion and boiling blood!" (Summons the Blazing Orb and its Aurorans)
In the event of a group wipe, he says one of the following lines:
- King Narilmor: "You could never compare to the purity of her creations."
- King Narilmor: "Meridia's light never fades."
- King Narilmor: "You should have begged for mercy."
- King Narilmor: "My realm is unsullied once more."
If you idle before re-engaging in combat, he occasionally says one of the following lines:
- King Narilmor: "This is the domain of the Lady of Infinite Energies and I am its guardian."
- King Narilmor: "However you may try, you cannot resist her."
- King Narilmor: "You were blinded by greed, but her light will make you see clearly."
- King Narilmor: "There is no escape now. This will be your home or your grave."
- King Narilmor: "You will be cleansed, do not resist."
- When the orb is shattered
- King Narilmor: "Your corruption runs deep, but her purity is limitless. You will be cleansed."
Upon entering the King's chamber, Tharayya examines the room and Narilmor appears in a show of light. The following exchange occurs:
- Tharayya: "Feel that? A chill breeze. We must be nearing an exit!"
- King Narilmor: "Unclean!" [He casts a spell towards Tharayya]
- Tharayya: "Ah! The Pneumeria Chamber!"
- Quintus Verres: "Finally! Free!"
- Tharayya: "Damn it! Quintus, get back here!"
- King Narilmor: "You defy our Lady of Light and desecrate her domain with the undead! I will bleach your souls free of all you ever were!"
In the final chamber of the ruins, Narilmor will transform in the Symphony of Blades, saying:
- King Narilmor: "For three thousand years I have protected the Wrathstone! I will not fail her now!"
- "There is no light beyond hers."
- "Lady of Light, keep us from darkness."
- Upon death
- "I will not fail her …."
- Cloning himself
- "Purity is made from many colors."
- "I am every aspect of the light."
- "Through her, I am infinite."
- "My light viewed through a prism, is no less bright."
- Party wipe
- "Her order is restored."
- "Her will is law."
- "Your will was never a match for hers."
- "I suffer no dissent in my kingdom."
Achievements associated with this enemy:
|Soul Mates||5||Prevent Quintus from ever winning his deadlock with Tharayya during the battle with King Narilmor in Depths of Malatar.|
|Veteran Purified Slayer||10||Defeat 350 of Meridia's Purified in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Depths of Malatar Vanquisher||10||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades in Depths of Malatar.|
|Depths of Malatar Challenger||50||Complete the listed achievements for Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Depths of Malatar Conqueror||10||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|
|Depths Defier||50||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades after destroying the Dictates of the Lady of Light in Veteran Depths of Malatar within 30 minutes without suffering a group member death.|
|The Speed of Light||50||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades within 30 minutes of entering Veteran Depths of Malatar. Your timer starts on entering combat.|
|Purified||50||Defeat the Scavenging Maw, the Weeping Woman, the Dark Orb, King Narilmor, and the Symphony of Blades without suffering a group member death in Veteran Depths of Malatar.|