|Solitude in the Haafingar hold
( ) (lore page)
|Shops and Services|
|Guilds and Temples|
Solitude is a major city located in Haafingar on the northwestern shore of Skyrim. In addition to being the largest city in all of Skyrim, it is also the capital of the province and seat of the High King of Skyrim. The entire city is built on a natural arch over the Sea of Ghosts and houses many important buildings, such as the headquarters of the Imperial Legion in Skyrim, the East Empire Company Warehouse, the Blue Palace, and the Bards College. As Skyrim's capital, Solitude was the seat of the High King before his death. The Thalmor Embassy is also located near Solitude.
When the city is entered for the first time, Roggvir is executed for treason.
For more information on Solitude, see the lore article.
Quests Starting Here
- Joining the Legion: Prove yourself worthy to join the Imperial Legion.
- Message to Whiterun: Deliver the message that will decide Whiterun's allegiance.
- Reunification of Skyrim: Reunite Skyrim under the leadership of the Empire. (radiant)
- The Jagged Crown: Find the Jagged Crown for the Imperials.
- Lights Out!: Help run a cargo ship aground.
- The Man Who Cried Wolf: Investigate reports of strange happenings in Wolfskull Cave.
- Tending the Flames: Unveil the truth about a deceitful King and become a member of the Bards College.
- The Wolf Queen Awakened: Potema must be stopped.
|Quest Giver||Giver Location||Quest||Objective(s)||Requirement|
|Ahtar||Jala's House||Kill the Bandit Leader: Do a favor by slaying a bandit leader. (radiant)||
|Angeline Morrard||Angeline's Aromatics||No News is Good News: Find out about the fate of Angeline Morrard's daughter from Captain Aldis.||
|Captain Aldis||Castle Dour||Rare Gifts: Do a favor by finding a rare item. (radiant)||
|Elisif the Fair||Blue Palace||Elisif's Tribute: Take Torygg's war horn to the Shrine of Talos.||
||The Man Who Cried Wolf|
|Thane of Haafingar: Gain the title of Thane of Haafingar. (radiant)||
|Evette San||Evette San's House||The Spiced Wine: Convince Vittoria Vici to hand over some spices.||
|Giraud Gemane||Bards College||Rjorn's Drum: Retrieve a drum for Giraud Gemane.||
||Tending the Flames|
|Inge Six Fingers||Bards College||Finn's Lute: Return an invaluable lute to Inge Six Fingers.||
||Tending the Flames|
|Noster Eagle-Eye||The Winking Skeever||Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave. (radiant)||
|Octieve San||Evette San's House||A Few Words with You: Do a favor by talking to someone about a problem. (radiant)||
|Pantea Ateia||Bards College||Pantea's Flute: Find a missing flute for Pantea.||
||Tending the Flames|
|Sorex Vinius||The Winking Skeever||Delivery: Deliver a bottle of Rum to Falk Firebeard.||
|Svari||Addvar's House||Return to Grace: Convince a mourning mother to go to the local temple.||
|Sybille Stentor||Blue Palace||Kill the Vampire: Do menial work for Sybille Stentor by assaulting a vampire lair.||
|Taarie||Radiant Raiment||Fit for a Jarl: Model some clothes for Elisif the Fair.||
- Chop Wood: Get paid to chop firewood. (radiant)
- Gather Wheat: Get paid to gather crops. (radiant)
- Quest all Beggars Have: Take pity on a beggar. (radiant)
- Diplomatic Immunity: Infiltrate a party at the Thalmor Embassy.
- Season Unending: Enforce a ceasefire to secure Dragonsreach.
- Gift of KynarethCC: Recover a legendary Legion artifact and obtain the blessing of Kynareth.
- Restoring OrderCC: Put an end to the melding of planes under Solitude.
- The Gray Cowl of NocturnalCC: Investigate the legend of the Gray Fox.
- The RestlessCC: Search for an ancient pirate ship.
- Proudspire Manor is a house available for purchase upon completion of some miscellaneous quests for the Jarl. It may be purchased from the steward for 25,000 gold.
- Each white dot corresponds directly to a door. All doors are numbered and relate to a Key on the side of the map.
- With the Skyrim Special Edition a door to "Quick Test Cell" can be seen on the local map near the entrance to the city. This door is otherwise invisible and can't be interacted with. It is a placeholder door for the Saints & Seducers Creation which changes it to an entrance to the Solitude Sewers. Without the Creation it is just an exit from the CTest cell.
- There are several reports on the net about CTD in Solitude. Possibly related to Return to Grace.