|Solitude in the Haafingar hold
|Shops and Services|
|Guilds and Temples|
Solitude is a major city located in Haafingar on the northwestern shore of Skyrim. In addition to being the largest city in all of Skyrim, it is also the capital of the province and seat of the High King of Skyrim. The entire city is built on a natural arch over the Sea of Ghosts and houses many important buildings, such as the headquarters of the Imperial Legion in Skyrim, the East Empire Company Warehouse, the Blue Palace, and the Bards College. As Skyrim's capital, Solitude was the seat of the High King before his death. The Thalmor Embassy is also located near Solitude.
When the city is entered for the first time, Roggvir is executed for treason.
For more information on Solitude, see the lore article.
Quests Starting Here
- Joining the Legion: Prove yourself worthy to join the Imperial Legion.
- The Jagged Crown: Find the Jagged Crown for the Imperials.
- Message to Whiterun: Deliver the message that will decide Whiterun's allegiance.
- Reunification of Skyrim: Reunite Skyrim under the leadership of the Empire. (radiant)
- Tending the Flames: Unveil the truth about a deceitful King and become a member of the Bards College.
- The Man Who Cried Wolf: Investigate reports of strange happenings in Wolfskull Cave.
- The Wolf Queen Awakened: Potema must be stopped.
- Lights Out!: Help run a cargo ship aground.
|Quest Giver||Giver Location||Quest||Objective(s)||Requirement|
|Ahtar||Jala's House||Kill the Bandit Leader: Do a favor by slaying a bandit leader. (radiant)||
|Angeline Morrard||Angeline's Aromatics||No News is Good News: Find out about the fate of Angeline Morrard's daughter from Captain Aldis.||
|Captain Aldis||Castle Dour||Rare Gifts: Do a favor by finding a rare item. (radiant)||
|Elisif the Fair||Blue Palace||Elisif's Tribute: Take Torygg's war horn to the Shrine of Talos.||
|Thane of Haafingar: Gain the title of Thane of Haafingar. (radiant)||
|Evette San||Evette San's House||The Spiced Wine: Convince Vittoria Vici to hand over some spices.||
|Noster Eagle-Eye||The Winking Skeever||Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave. (radiant)||
|Octieve San||Evette San's House||A Few Words with You: Do a favor by talking to someone about a problem. (radiant)||
|Sorex Vinius||The Winking Skeever||Delivery: Deliver a bottle of Rum to Falk Firebeard.||
|Svari||Addvar's House||Return to Grace: Convince a mourning mother to go to the local temple.||
|Sybille Stentor||Blue Palace||Kill the Vampire: Do menial work for Sybille Stentor by assaulting a vampire lair.||
|Taarie||Radiant Raiment||Fit for a Jarl: Model some clothes for Elisif the Fair.||
- Battle for Solitude: The final push to free Skyrim of the Imperials. (radiant)
- Diplomatic Immunity: Infiltrate a party at the Thalmor Embassy.
- Gift of Kynareth: Recover a legendary Legion artifact and obtain the blessing of Kynareth.CC
- Season Unending: Enforce a ceasefire to secure Dragonsreach.
- Proudspire Manor is a house available for purchase upon completion of some miscellaneous quests for the Jarl. It may be purchased from the steward for 25,000 gold.
- Each white dot (or pog) corresponds directly to a door. All doors are numbered and relate to a Key on the side of the map.