|Console Location Code(s)
|DarkwaterCrossingExterior01, DarkwaterCrossingExterior02, DarkwaterCrossingExterior03, DarkwaterCrossingExterior04, DarkwaterCrossingExterior05, DarkwaterCrossingGoldenrockMine, DarkwaterCrossingVernersHouse
|South of Eldergleam Sanctuary
Southwest of The Atronach Stone
|# of Tanning Racks
|# of Smelters
|# of Grindstones
|# of Fishing SuppliesCC
|# of Wood Chopping Blocks
|# of Stone QuarriesHF
Darkwater Crossing is a small mining camp that operates the Goldenrock Mine.
* This person only appears after completing Extracting an Argonian.
Quests Starting Here
- Delivery: Deliver an item to an associate. (radiant)
- Extracting an Argonian: Rescue Derkeethus from his Falmer captors.
- Kill the Bandit Leader: Do a favor by slaying a bandit leader. (radiant)
- Mine Ore: Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)
Annekke and Verner built themselves a small house, planted wheat and vegetables, and raised chickens and a goat. Since then, the mine has attracted several new residents who have made camp outside its entrance. The miners constantly worry that the mine may be running out of ore. Two of the residents, Annekke and Derkeethus, can become followers and be chosen as candidates to join the Blades.
The residents of Darkwater Crossing have unwittingly put themselves in danger by settling so close to Darkwater Pass, a hidden Falmer-infested cave. Although one of the residents has already gone missing, they are still unaware of this danger.
- Unused game data indicate the settlement was originally intended to be much different than it appears in the final game.
- An NPC named Meieran is referred to in conversation by Hrefna, Sondas, and Tormir. It appears he was intended to play a significant role in Hrefna's upbringing, and may have been meant to tend the crops in the settlement.
- Tormir mentions another non-existent NPC named Dasturn in a greeting. Nothing else is known about this person.
- Sondas was intended to be an innkeeper, rather than a miner, as shown by the internal name of his scenes with Tormir:
DialogueDarkwaterCrossingInn. His outfit and class in the final game appear to be remnants of this plan. It also explains why Hrefna follows him and states that he watches over her while her mother works, as she was meant to stay with him at the inn. The name of this inn is unknown. Also, the internal numbering of his scenes starts with 4, suggesting three scenes with other residents were removed.
- Hrefna's scenes are numbered 1, 2, and 4, suggesting at least one scene was cut.
- A key and location data indicate a dwelling known as "Crossinghouse" was also meant to appear here. Based on the remaining faction information and locklist, Hrefna and Tormir were meant to live there.
- The (normally unseen) quest stages of Extracting an Argonian refer to Derkeethus as "one of the ", implying there were meant to be more. Another quest stage also implies Derkeethus had his own house at the settlement.
- An unused collection of scenes containing no dialogue is named "FishingHoleScenes". This either implies the existence of another removed location, or suggests there were intended to be multiple fishermen who had scenes with each other.
- According to the Stormcloak soldier Ralof, Darkwater Crossing was the scene of the Imperial ambush that led to the capture of Ulfric Stormcloak.
- Darkwater Crossing also appears in ESO.