This page lists all the cities in Skyrim. Each city is located in a different hold, and is home to that hold's ruler, or jarl. The five largest cities (major cities) are walled, allowing their maps (or cells as they are called in the Creation Kit) to be treated separately from the main map. Carriages are available for hire outside each major city to transport the player to any other city.
Fast traveling to a major city places you just inside its main gate, but each such city also has a keep or palace where the jarl resides, which is a separate fast-travel destination and is listed below. Additionally, Riften has a third fast-travel destination once you have joined the Thieves Guild, namely the entrance to its headquarters.
- Markarth — A major city located in the Reach, near the border of High Rock.
- Riften — A major city located in the southeastern corner of the Rift.
- Solitude — A major city located on the northwestern coast of Skyrim, and the capital of the province.
- Whiterun — A major city located in the center of Skyrim, near the Throat of the World.
- Windhelm — A major city in Eastmarch, located near the Dunmeth Pass to Morrowind in northeastern Skyrim.
- Dawnstar — A city on the northern coast of Skyrim, and the capital of the Pale.
- Falkreath — A city in Falkreath Hold, located near the Cyrodilic border.
- Morthal — A city located in Hjaalmarch.
- Raven RockDB — A city located along the southwestern coast of Solstheim.
- Winterhold — A city located on the northeastern tip of Skyrim.