Skyrim: Proudspire Manor
|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Arcane Enchanters||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
Proudspire Manor is a three-story house that can be purchased in Solitude.
This manor is the most expensive house available for purchase in Skyrim. It has many amenities available for purchase, including an alchemy lab, an arcane enchanter, and cooking pot (see bugs) for your crafting needs.
To purchase the home, you must first complete the two quests The Man Who Cried Wolf and Elisif's Tribute. Upon completion, Elisif will permit you to purchase the house from Falk Firebeard for 25,000 gold. Ownership of this home and helping five citizens within the hold is required to become a thane of Haafingar. Jordis the Sword-Maiden is the housecarl of Proudspire and joins you after you become a thane.
‡ This person moves here once you have purchased the property and become thane.
- No Stone Unturned: Find the 24 gems to restore the Crown of Barenziah.
- The Man Who Cried Wolf: Investigate reports of strange happenings in Wolfskull Cave.
- Elisif's Tribute: Take Torygg's war horn to the Shrine of Talos.
- Thane of Haafingar: Gain the title of Thane of Haafingar. (radiant)
It is located between the Bards College and Vittoria Vici's House and is near the Blue Palace. There are a number of harvestable plants outside, including dragon's Tongue plants, hanging moss and blue mountain flowers. There are three entrances to the manor; one provides direct access to the basement and crafting stations while both the other entrances lead into the second floor and the main reception area.
Once purchased and prior to purchasing any of the upgrades the property is far from empty. It is dirty and dusty with cobwebs throughout. However with the exception of four food barrels, five food sacks, two cupboards in the basement, a food barrel in the reception area and the child's bedroomHF all other items found prior to purchasing the upgrades will also be available after the upgrades have been purchased. The upgrades improves the quality of the furniture found in the manor and adds various items of furniture, many rugs and other items of interest. Unusually, the Child's Bedroom upgrade does not remove any crafting areas, it does remove two sets of shelves holding several potions and ingredients from the upstairs private dining room. As such it is worth purchasing this separately from the other upgrades enabling you to collect the items from the shelves before returning and purchasing the child's bedroom.
Prior to the Upgrades
Climbing to the top floor leads past a food barrel and stack of crates halfway up the stairs that are removed when purchasing the living room upgrade. At the top of the stairs is a large vase containing a snowberry bush. The room has a long wooden table with a bottle of spiced wine, a bunch of tundra cotton and a potion of regeneration on top and three chairs arranged around it. There are many more crates stacked around the room which are removed and replaced with the living room upgrade. A door in the west wall opens into the master bedroom containing a large double bed coming out from the west wall with an end table to the left with a bottle of alto wine on top, a stool to the right and an unlocked empty chest at the foot of the bed. There is an unlocked safe in the corner, two small wardrobe; one of which has an unusual gem on top, narrow table, small unit, and low table and chair with a potion of regeneration on top.
Here you will find a set of shelves, a low table with two chairs and a stool around it and a copy of The Wolf Queen, v8 on top. There are also a crate, food barrel, narrow table and two more chairs stacked in the corner and by the entrance from the porch area another narrow table with an iron dagger on top. The kitchen is directly off of the reception and contains a wooden table laid with two bottles of spiced wine, a potion of regeneration, three salmon steaks, a portion of grilled leeks, a seared slaughterfish steak, and a bunch of tundra cotton. There are three wall shelves, one of which has two bottles of Nord mead on, a narrow table with an iron dagger on top and a food sack underneath, a sideboard with a small mead barrel on top and two open crates, one of which is on a small set of shelves. The open crates contain a total of three bunches of lavender, two leeks and a tomato. Outside in the patio area are three food barrels and several stacks of crates.
The stairs down to the basement have a stack of crates and rugs halfway down. At the bottom in an alcove on the right are a set of shelves filled with small mead barrels, a bottle of wine and two bottles of Nord mead, a cupboard holding two food sacks and some cheap crockery, and a food barrel with eight iron ingots on top. The next area, which becomes the enchanting area, contains two practice dummies, the base of an archery target, and a set of shelves holding a bunch of tundra cotton, three garlic bulbs, a gourd, a single loose septim, a set of fine clothes and a pair of boots. Past the partition where the alchemy lab is placed is an extinguished fire pit in the middle with a silver ingot on the surround, a cupboard holding several loaves of bread and cheese wheels, four food barrels behind the cupboard and three food sacks beside it and two stacks of crates including an open one containing a red apple and three potatoes. There are two stacks of two open crates by the basement entrance, the bottom crate of each contains bread and cheese and a sample of fly amanita, a gourd, a rock warbler egg, and an orange dartwing. The housecarl's room in the basement contains an unowned bed roll, two food barrels, three food sacks and many crates, rugs and unused pieces of furniture. This doesn't get upgraded like normal when you become thane and the housecarl moves into the manor (see bugs), unlike with other houses.
When upgraded, everything that is not the housecarl's room will be removed, except for the silver ingot and clothes iron in the alchemy laboratory, the two bottles of Nord mead and single bottle of wine, the stack of eight iron ingots and the pair of tongs above it, as well as the three baskets directly below the staircase. Therefore, it is advised to take all of the items that will be removed (anything that is not listed above) and store it in a safe place. Note that all the storage containers, except for the barrel that the iron ingots and tongs sit on, will be removed on upgrade.
Costs and Upgrades
|Home and Upgrades
|Falk Firebeard||Price to purchase home||25,000||Housecarl||Jordis the Sword-Maiden|
|Total cost of all upgrades||11,000 to 14,000HF|
|Bedroom furnishings||Kitchen furnishings||Living room||Alchemy station||Enchanting station||Patio furnishings||Child's Bedroom†HF||Housecarl's Quarters|
|ID: (000e25d5)||ID: (000e25d1)||ID: (000e25d0), (000e25d7)||ID: (000e25d3)||ID: (000e25d2)||ID: (000e25cf)||ID: (xx004189)||ID: (000e25d4)|
|2000 gold||1500 gold||2000 gold||2500 gold||2500 gold||500 gold||3000 gold||Become Thane of Haafingar|
1 Shelf (storage)
Once The Manor is Upgraded by Room
The large double bed has been replaced by a luxury four poster double bed, the end table, chest, safe and two small wardrobes remain unchanged. The stool to the right of the bed has been replaced with a small round table. The small unit has been upgraded, the narrow table now holding a platter of three sweet rolls and a plate of two green and a red apple, and low table and chair have all been upgraded now holding a plate of bread and cheese and a bottle of alto wine. Added to the room are a wash basin, a wall shelf holding a bottle of wine, a bottle of spiced wine, three bottles of Nord mead, two weapon racks, and a two-shelf bookcase with a bunch of tundra cotton on top, beside the safe.
This actually upgrades both the main reception area on the second floor and the private dining room on the top floor. In the reception area, the low table and two chairs, stool, set of shelves, two narrow tables and wooden bench have all been upgraded. The shelves now hold a bowl of void salts, two bottles of frostbite venom, a deathbell flower, potion of haggling, bowl of glow dust and two samples of slaughterfish scales. On the low table is a plate of bread and cheese with a bottle of wine and tomato beside it. One of the narrow tables is now a small cupboard with a small table beside it with a platter of two sweet rolls, two boiled creme treats, and two red apples. A large vase containing a juniper tree has been added. Around by the porch entrance the narrow table has been upgraded and now has a copy of Thief of Virtue on top with a wall shelf above holding a potion of health, and copies of The Talos Mistake and Olaf and the Dragon. Two more large vases added, one by the porch entrance and the other by the stairs down to the basement, both contain snowberry bushes. Both flights of stairs have been cleared of all crates, barrels, etc. There is now a large vase halfway up the stairs to the top floor containing another snowberry bush.
Upstairs the table and chairs in the middle of the room have been upgraded. All the stacks of crates have been removed and two sets of shelves, a two-shelf bookcase, a small cupboard and wooden bench have been added around the room. On the sets of shelves are two baskets; one contains a bunch of tundra cotton and the other two bunches of lavender, a deathbell flower, another bunch of tundra cotton, copies of Lost Legends, Biography of Barenziah, v3, The Cake and The Diamond, a draught of strength, potion of health, and a potion of regeneration. On the small cupboard is a drum, flute, and potion of health. On the table in the middle of the room is a bottle of spiced wine and a potion of regeneration.
When this upgrade is purchased the two stacks of open crates by the entrance have been replaced with two better quality open crates containing the same items. The fire pit has been cleaned and relit. The cupboard, four food barrels, three food sacks and all the crates have been removed and three sets of shelves and a two-shelf bookcase have been added. There is an alchemy lab in the northern corner with a wall shelf above and a small table beside it. A stack of two open crates are against the wall between the bookcase and one of the sets of shelves and another open crate opposite with a rack hanging above holding a garlic braid, two bunches of dried elves ear and a bunch of dried frost mirriam. Six more garlic braids are hanging directly from the ceiling in two groups of three. All of the furniture and two baskets hold various ingredients, potions and food items as listed below:
† Item of random strength.
This upgrade clears out the alcove by the bottom of the stairs and the area that contained the practice dummies. In the alcove the set of shelves and cupboard are removed although the bottles of mead and wine remain. A smaller unit holds three small mead barrels. The food barrel with eight iron ingots on top remain and along the back wall are a row of five weapon racks with the middle one holding an iron sword. In the larger area two mannequins replace the practice dummies. There is an arcane enchanter installed in the corner with two shield plaques above, one on each wall, both hold an iron shield with crossed iron greatswords. There is an open crate containing a filled common and a filled petty soul gems. Behind this is a gem stand holding an empty lesser soul gem. To the left of these are two weapon plaques on the wall. There is a two-shelf bookcase with a wall shelf over it. On the shelf is an empty grand and an empty lesser soul gem.
Once this is purchased all the crates and barrels are cleared and a small square empty wooden table and two chairs, a large planter and a wooden bench are installed around the entrance. It is an upgrade that may be worth not purchasing.
Purchasing this upgrade improves the quality of the existing furniture, adds a bowl of bread and plate with a sliced eidar cheese on top of the narrow table and a bottle of alto wine on the wall shelf above. Adds a fireplace with a cooking pot on a stand in front and a joint of raw beef and a cabbage in a cast iron pot on the floor. It adds a small cupboard with an open crate on top containing four tomatoes and above this on the wall shelf it adds a potion of plentiful healing, a small unit holding an empty wine bottle, a two-shelf bookcase, a small round table beside main table with bread and cheese on top.
This upgrade adds a new room to the existing house, on the top floor just outside the master bedroom it adds a door into a bedroom containing two children's beds coming out from the southwest wall with long unlocked chests at the foot of the beds, a small unit between the beds holds a blue and an orange dartwing, a grass pod, a bunch of lavender, a bowl containing three purple mountain flowers and seven red mountain flowers, a pearl, an apothecary's satchel, copies of Pirate King of the Abecean, Walking the World, Vol XI, and A Children's Anuad. To the left of the beds is a small round table with a blue butterfly wing and a sweet roll on a plate with a lute leaning against the wall beside it. To the right of the beds is another small round table with a flute on top and beside this is a large map of Skyrim on a stand. There is a long wooden table and bench against the southeast wall with a platter holding a honey nut treat, a boiled creme treat and a long taffy treat, a red and a green apple. Against the northeast wall is a tall wardrobe, a wash basin, a child's practice dummy, an unlocked wooden chest containing minor loot with a wall shelf above holding a drum, some charcoal, copies of Cats of Skyrim, and Yellow Book of Riddles and a flute. This upgrade also removes two of the sets of shelves from the private dining room to accommodate the door. It will also remove the items on the shelves: two baskets; one contains a bunch of tundra cotton and the other two bunches of lavender, a deathbell flower, another bunch of tundra cotton, copies of Lost Legends, Biography of Barenziah, v3, The Cake and The Diamond, draught of strength, potion of health, and a potion of regeneration. It is worth collecting these items prior to purchasing this upgrade.
- Oddly enough, there are no apparent downsides to using the manor as a home without officially buying it but instead using the stolen Fletcher's key to open the back door. Sleeping in the bed inside gives a well-rested bonus, and all containers are safe for storage.
- Once a housecarl moves into the manor, the basement bedroom should be refurnished to include a small one-person bed, but often doesn't, due to a bug.
- There is no tanning rack in the manor.
- The flag embedded in the map in the children's bedroom has no Havok physics and will float if dropped.
- Adopted children living here will have unique dialogue comments about Solitude:
- Do you think I could be a Bard? I really like singing. (girls)
- The Palace looks so pretty. I wish they'd let me inside... (girls)
- I saw a Thalmor the other day. He was really scary! (girls)
- When I grow up, I wanna join the Legion! (boys)
- If you ask your spouse "How are the kids?" they will reply with one of the following, depending on their voicetype:
- Oh, fine. So many guards on the street here I hardly have to worry.
- Very well, love. This is a beautiful house, and Solitude is so safe, so diverse. It's a wonderful place to raise a child.
- Fine, just fine. This house is perfect for a growing family.
- Meh. Children get soft when they're coddled in a place like this.
- Proudspire Manor also appears as player housing in ESO.
- There are a few bugs which affect all houses, see the bugs section of the Houses page for details and fixes.
- If you try to put too many books in a bookcase they will disappear and you will no longer be able to access that bookcase.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.4 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- Proudspire Manor can be entered through the patio door using the Solitude Fletcher's key, so the manor does not need to be purchased to obtain its unusual gem.
- This bug is fixed by version 188.8.131.52.8 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- The housecarl's bedroom in the basement will not be furnished after you are made thane.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- You can use the following console commands to fix the issue:
prid e25d4followed by
- A spouse living in Proudspire Manor will sometimes prefer to sleep on the housecarl's bedroll rather than the bed in your master bedroom. However, you will still receive the Lover's Comfort and Mother's/Father's Love bonuses if you go to sleep when your spouse and children do.
- Rugs below the living room and the second floor tables will not appear despite purchasing the living room furnishings.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- You can use the following console commands to fix the issue:
prid e25d7followed by
- After installing Hearthfire, the cooking pot in the kitchen disappears and the barrel under the stairs may be missing.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0.1 of the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.
- You can use the following console command to spawn the pot, being inside the manor:
player.placeatme 001010b3 1then click at spawned pot so its ID can be seen and fix coordinates by these commands:
setpos x 652
setpos y -970
setpos z 0
setangle x 0
setangle y 0
setangle z 88.8084.
- After purchasing the child's bedroom, its door may not appear making it inaccessible.
- The side door onto the balcony cannot be opened even if you have the house key.
- The quest objective "Visit Proudspire Manor, your new home" will not be completed if you don't enter through the correct door.
- If you have purchased Proudspire Manor and placed armor on the mannequins prior to the Battle For Solitude quest, the armor may have disappeared permanently if you enter the house during the battle.