Skyrim:Special Edition Patch
- 1 Version 1.5
- 2 Version 1.4
- 3 Version 1.3
- 4 Version 1.2
- 5 Version 1.1
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
This page lists all patches released for the Special Edition. Upgrading Skyrim to the latest patch is usually recommended, as many bugs and glitches are often fixed by the patches. You can find out about your version in the lower left corner of the "System" screen (Esc on PC, Start then selecting "System" on console). Extra details on specific platforms can be found on the related pages: PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Please note that having a designated patch installed will not guarantee that the issue it was supposed to fix will be fixed upon entering game. In some cases after a patch has been installed players have noted that their previous save files have become unplayable, glitchy and other issues. As such it may be necessary to start a new game file to have all issues resolved.
Version 184.108.40.206 was released as an update for Steam, PS4, and Xbox One on 3 October 2018.
- Small backend changes for PC, XB1, and PS4.
Version 220.127.116.11 was released as an update for Steam on 29 August 2018.
- We're releasing a patch today with some small backend changes for PC, XB1, and PS4.
Version 1.5.39 was released as an update for Steam and PS4 on 3 April 2018.
- Support for additional player homes
- Minor bug fixes for Bethesda.net
- Updated script functions for new Creations
- Wolves have regained the ability to howl
Version 1.5.23 was released as a stealth update on 30 November 2017. No official changelog has been posted by Bethesda, but the update includes the following:
- Official support for Xbox One X
- Updated script functions to support new Creations
- Removed Report button from Mods (Users should report Mods on Bethesda.net)
Version 1.5.16 was released as an update for Steam 7 November 2017. It was released for Xbox One and PS4 on 9 November 2017.
- Fixed issue with rate of critters respawning in world
- Fixed crash related to changing profiles (Xbox One only)
- Fixed issues with screenshots displaying incorrectly in Creation Club/Mods
- Message of the Day heading revised
- Changed logic for how Creation Club content is initialized
- Minor bug fixes to Bethesda.net
Version 1.5 was released as an update for Steam, PS4 and Xbox One on 3 October 2017.
- Creation Club
- Message of the Day
- Support for ESL file format
- Mods - patch version numbers and notes added to Mod Details page
- Minor fixes to Bethesda.net functionality
- Minor fixes to steam functionality
Version 1.4 was released as a Steam update on 6 February 2017. The PS4 and Xbox One patches were released on February 9.
- Added Featured category for mods
- Added ability to sort Highest Rated and Most Favorited filters by today, week, month and all time
- Added number of ratings count to Mods Browsing Menu
- Added number of favorites count to Mod Details page
- Added required dependencies to Mod Details page
- General performance and stability improvements
- Improvements to Reporting mods categories
- Fixed occasional crashes while scrolling through Load Order menu
- Improved Bethesda.net error messaging
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue where Slow Time effects weren't behaving properly
- Better support for 144hz displays
- Fixed issue with being unable to log into Bethesda.net
Version 1.2 was released as a Steam update on 11 November 2016. It was released on PS4 (as 1.04) on 14 November. It was released on Xbox One on 16 November.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue related to using alt-tab while playing the game (PC)
- Fixed issue with water flow not rendering properly
- Fixed crash related to changing from werewolf back to human form
- Fixed crash related to reloading after changing Load Order of mods
- General bug fixing and improvements with browsing Mods
Version 1.03 was released on PS4 and Xbox on 8 November 2016.
Version 1.1.51.08 was released as a Steam update on 7 November 2016.
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations
- Fixed an issue with interface elements not appearing correctly on certain displays (Xbox One and PS4)
- Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Modded, even though no mods are active
- Updated some sound files to not use compression
- Patch — the notes for the patches to the original game, all of which are included by default in the Special Edition
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch — an unofficial mod attempting to fix all the bugs not fixed by the official patches. Available on the PC and Xbox One
- Skyrim SE patch 18.104.22.168
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.39 Update
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.16 Update
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 1.5 Update: Live for all platforms
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 1.4 Update
- Skyrim Special Edition 1.3 Update
- Skyrim Special Edition Game Updates