|2nd||Damage Magicka Regen|
|3rd||Lingering Damage Stamina|
|4th||Fortify Destruction (0.8×)|
Nightshade is a plant commonly found growing in graveyards. While it grows around death, it still needs light, preventing it from growing inside most crypts and barrows.
- "The name and shape of this plant are known to all; long understood to be one of the more potent components in many poisons, the average Nord keeps his distance from the bright purple flowers nestled among dark leaves. It is exceedingly effective as a pure poison, but can also be combined with other compounds to stiffen joints as well. It is thus favored amongst those who wish to disable their opponents in battle, and can be found coating the blades of many of the more unsavory characters in Skyrim." - Agneta Falia in the Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Health||Crimson Nirnroot (3.0×), Deathbell (1.5×), Emperor Parasol MossDB, Falmer Ear, Human Flesh, Imp Stool, Nirnroot (12.6×), Poison BloomDG (1.5×), Red Mountain Flower, River Betty (2.5×), Skeever Tail, Troll Fat, Void Salts|
|Damage Magicka Regen||Ancestor Moth WingDG, Bear Claws, Blue Butterfly Wing, Blue Mountain Flower, Burnt Spriggan WoodDB, Chaurus Hunter AntennaeDG, Hanging Moss, Spider Egg, Spriggan Sap|
|Lingering Damage Stamina||Butterfly Wing|
|Fortify Destruction||Ash Creep ClusterDB, Beehive Husk, Glowing Mushroom, Wisp Wrappings|
61 guaranteed samples can be found in 38 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 4 in Mzulft Aedrome (Eastmarch)
- 4 in Volkihar Keep (DG)
- 3 in Alva's Cellar (Morthal)
- 3 in Glenmoril Coven (Falkreath Hold)
- 3 in the Hall of Attainment (College of Winterhold)
- 3 outside High Hrothgar (Whiterun Hold)
- 3 in Nightcaller Temple (The Pale)
- 3 in Vlindrel Hall (Markarth)
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels.
178 nightshade plants can be found in 49 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 17 in the Volkihar Courtyard (DG), after it has been upgraded
- 11 in Solitude (Haafingar)
- 10 around the Hall of the Dead (Falkreath Hold)
- 10 in Labyrinthian Thoroughfare (Hjaalmarch)
- 9 inside Labyrinthian Chasm (Hjaalmarch)
- 8 around Hamvir's Rest (Whiterun Hold)
- 8 around Orphan Rock (Whiterun Hold), after starting the related quest
- 8 in Riften (The Rift)
- 6 centered 280 ft N of Arcwind Point (The Rift)
- 6 around Cragslane Cavern (Eastmarch)
- 6 around Halldir's Cairn (Falkreath Hold)
- 5 around the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary (Falkreath Hold)
- 5 inside Labyrinthian, Tribune (Hjaalmarch)
- 5 near Refugees' Rest (Eastmarch), 4 of them in the small graveyard
- 4 around Falkreath Watchtower (Falkreath Hold)
- 4 centered 600 ft E of Mistwatch (Eastmarch)
- 4 around South Cold Rock Pass (Whiterun Hold)
- Few and Far Between: Help Ingun restock Elgrim's rare ingredients.
- 20 samples are needed for this quest.