|2nd||Damage Magicka Regen|
|3rd||Lingering Damage Stamina|
|4th||Fortify Destruction (0.8×)|
Nightshade is a plant commonly found growing in graveyards. While it grows around death, it still needs light, preventing it from growing inside most crypts and barrows.
- "The name and shape of this plant are known to all; long understood to be one of the more potent components in many poisons, the average Nord keeps his distance from the bright purple flowers nestled among dark leaves. It is exceedingly effective as a pure poison, but can also be combined with other compounds to stiffen joints as well. It is thus favored amongst those who wish to disable their opponents in battle, and can be found coating the blades of many of the more unsavory characters in Skyrim." —Agneta Falia in the Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim.
In terms of combinations of two ingredients, Nightshade can be combined with 52 other ingredients.
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Health||Damage Magicka Regen||Human Heart, Jarrin Root (100×), Mort FleshCC, Scalon FinCC (1.5×,1.56×) (2×,2.14×)|
|Damage Health||Fortify Destruction||Ectoplasm (0.8×)|
|Damage Health||Lingering Damage Stamina||Coda FlowerCC (1.5×,1.56×) (2×,2.14×), Small Antlers|
|Damage Magicka Regen||Fortify Destruction||Glow Dust|
|Damage Magicka Regen||Lingering Damage Stamina||Chicken's Egg, Hawk's EggHF|
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Damage Health||ChokeberryCC (1.5×,1.56×), Crimson Nirnroot (3.0×), Deathbell (1.5×), Emperor Parasol MossDB, Falmer Ear, Fire PetalCC (1.5×,1.56×), Gnarl BarkCC (1.5×,1.56×), Human Flesh, Imp Stool, Imp GallCC (1.5×,1.56×), Nirnroot (12.6×), Poison BloomDG (1.5×), Red Mountain Flower, Redwort FlowerCC (1.5×,1.56×), River Betty (2.5×), Skeever Tail, Troll Fat, Void Salts, Wisp Stalk CapsCC (1.5×,1.56×)|
|Damage Magicka Regen||Ancestor Moth WingDG, Bear Claws, Blue Butterfly Wing, Blue Mountain Flower, Burnt Spriggan WoodDB, Chaurus Hunter AntennaeDG, Daedroth TeethCC (2×,2.14×), Hanging Moss, Minotaur HornCC (2×,2.14×), Spider Egg, Spriggan Sap|
|Lingering Damage Stamina||Bittergreen PetalsCC (2×,2.14×), Butterfly Wing, Daedra SilkCC (2×,2.14×), Kagouti HideCC (2×,2.14×), Luminous RussulaCC (2×,2.14×)|
|Fortify Destruction||Ash Creep ClusterDB, Beehive Husk, ComberryCC (1.2×,1.22×), Daedra VeninCC (1.2×,1.22×), Glowing Mushroom, Steel-Blue EntolomaCC, Wisp Wrappings|
- 4 in Mzulft Aedrome (Eastmarch)
- 4 in Volkihar Keep (DG)
- 3 in Alva's Cellar (Morthal)
- 3 in Glenmoril Coven (Falkreath Hold)
- 3 in the Hall of Attainment (College of Winterhold)
- 3 outside High Hrothgar (Whiterun Hold)
- 3 in Nightcaller Temple (The Pale)
- 3 in Vlindrel Hall (Markarth)
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels.
- 17 in the Volkihar Courtyard (DG), after it has been upgraded
- 11 in Solitude (Haafingar)
- 10 around the Hall of the Dead (Falkreath Hold)
- 10 in Labyrinthian Thoroughfare (Hjaalmarch)
- 9 inside Labyrinthian Chasm (Hjaalmarch)
- 8 around Hamvir's Rest (Whiterun Hold)
- 8 around Orphan Rock (Whiterun Hold), after starting the related quest
- 8 in Riften (The Rift)
- 6 centered 280 ft N of Arcwind Point (The Rift)
- 6 around Cragslane Cavern (Eastmarch)
- 6 around Halldir's Cairn (Falkreath Hold)
- 5 around the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary (Falkreath Hold)
- 5 inside Labyrinthian, Tribune (Hjaalmarch)
- 5 near Refugees' Rest (Eastmarch), 4 of them in the small graveyard
- 4 around Falkreath Watchtower (Falkreath Hold)
- 4 centered 600 ft E of Mistwatch (Eastmarch)
- 4 around South Cold Rock Pass (Whiterun Hold)
- Few and Far Between: Help Ingun restock Elgrim's rare ingredients.
- 20 samples are needed for this quest.