The dro-m'Athra are former Khajiit whose spirits were corrupted by the Bent Dance, the drumming of the Dark Heart of Lorkhaj. They serve Namiira, the Great Darkness, and reside within the Dark Behind the World. It is considered bad for the humors to even think about the dro-m'Athra for too long, lest these dark spirits have a foothold from which to corrupt an individual. The Twilight Cantors usually arrive in their wake to drive them back. They are similar to shades. For more information, see the Lore Page.
- Arenthia — A city in northern Reaper's March.
- Black Heights — A town northwest of Senchal.
- Den of Lorkhaj — A shadowy realm created from the decaying corpse of .
- Do'Krin Monastery — Located in western Reaper's March, northwest of the Grahtwood tunnel.
- Fort Grimwatch — A fort in northwestern Reaper's March.
- Hidden Moon Crypts — A tomb complex from the First Era.
- Maw of Lorkhaj — A desecrated temple in Reaper's March.
- Moonmont Temple — A crypt in southern Reaper's March.
- Passage of Dad'na Ghaten — A holy site north of Black Heights.
- Sathram Plantation — A plantation in the far west of Stonefalls, just northwest of Kragenmoor.
- Nightmare Plateau — A group boss site found in Northern Elsweyr.
- Chiaroscuro Crossroads: Help a Twilight Cantor perform an exorcism.
- The Dark Moon's Jaws: Venture into the Maw of Lorkhaj.
- The Den of Lorkhaj: Help the Lunar Champion walk the final, dark path.
- The Golden Claw: Ensure the Golden Claw's protection.
- Grim Situation: Defeat the spirit invasion in Fort Grimwatch.
- Grimmer Still: Cleanse the temple and Fort Grimwatch.
- Into the Maw: Stop the dro-m'Athra from flooding into Tamriel.
- Motes in the Moonlight: Cleanse Moonmont and subdue the Dark Mane.
- Shattering Mirror: Banish the dark spirits plaguing the plantation.
- Stonefire Machinations: Defeat the Stonefire Cult and the Dark Mane.
- Test of Faith: Tell Kala about her brother's fate.
- An Unwanted Twin: Unravel the mystery of the silent soldiers of Sathram.
- The Witch of Azurah: Help a friendly necromancer investigate the rise of undead in the Ashen Scar.
- Path of the Hidden Moon: Discover the secrets of an ancient Khajiiti order in the ruins of the Ashen Scar.
- The Moonlight Blade: With the help of the Moonlight Blade, destroy the Dro-m'Athra, Arum-Khal.
- A Waking Nightmare: Vanquish a powerful dro-m'Athra and return ancient urns to their resting places.
- Dro-m'Athra used to look more like shadows than substantial beings in early versions of the game. With the release of the Maw of Lorkhaj as part of the Thieves Guild DLC in Update 9, the new shader was introduced. However, it was not immediately applied to all previously-existing dro-m'Athra, some of whom (such as the Dark Mane or Elder Sa-m'Athra) still use the old appearance.
- For more information, see the lore article.