|Home Settlement||Ravenwatch Castle|
- Dream-Walk Into Darkness: Discover the true nature of the threat to Rivenspire.
- The Concealing Veil: Head to Westmark Moor to assist the Count in some Ayleid research.
- Northpoint in Peril: Help House Dorell find a way into their own city.
- The Lightless Remnant: Strike down the traitor and restore peace to Rivenspire.
- The Crown of Shornhelm: Counsel the High King and recommend a true leader for Rivenspire.
During the discussion between Baron Dorell and Countess Tamrith in the Shornhelm Chapel. Gwendis can be found on the overlooking balcony, watching everything.
- "If you can spare a few moments, my master would like to have a word with you."
- Why are you skulking around up here?
- "Who's skulking! I'm praying. All devout, I am. Just like Eselde.
Oh, not really. I wanted to eavesdrop on the Baron and Countess. I must say, the acoustics in this place are really quite spectacular."
- Perhaps I should tell the Baron and Countess you were spying on them?
- "Now why would you go and do that? I'm just like you. I'm merely here to help.
Now remember, you never saw me!"
Dream-Walk Into Darkness
You can meet her in Ravenwatch Castle being scolded by Count Verandis:
- Verandis: "Gwendis, my child, slow down. You eat too fast. You don't want to harm poor Kallin."
- Gwendis: "We need to feed to get stronger. When Montclair shows up, I want to be ready."
- Verandis: "That is not our way, child, and you know it. Stop feasting! Now!"
- Gwendis: "Fine. Whatever. I mean... I'm sorry Count Verandis. You know I really want to help."
- Verandis: "Of course, my child. Now, let's clear away our meal and welcome our friend. Kallin, as always, I thank you for sharing your life's blood with us."
- Kallin: "I live to please, my lord."
Later, she admits, a little embarrassed:
- "I'm still getting the hang of this feeding thing. We only feed on willing vassals or evil villains. And we never feed to excess—except maybe on the evil villains."
You can speak with her in the second of Count Verandis's memories, while everyone is celebrating the Baroness's soon-to-be good health. She is drunk.
- "My Lord... my Count... Your Highness? Oh, who cares? We don't need to stand on ceremony. Not us!
Me and good old Verandis, showing the world how vampires are supposed to behave...."
- Gwendis, how much of that wine have you consumed?
- "I consumed all of it! Well, at least all that was given to me. Anything less would just be rude.
So, Verandis. My friend. My confidant. What say we slip away to someplace a little more private? And bring the rest of that delicious wine."
- I think you've had more than enough excitement for one day.
- "Was that a rebuke? I was rebuked by the high and mighty Count Ravenwatch? Yes, I believe I was.
I think you should walk away now. Before I say something else that at least one of us will regret."
- I'm sure you won't remember any of this in the morning.
During the third memory, the Montclairs are about to climb the Doomcrag and attempt cure the Baroness once and for all.
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "We shouldn't have left the guards behind, Weylon. Who knows what else we're going to run into?"
- Lleraya Montclair: "There was no choice, Mother. You're getting worse and we can't wait for them."
- Gwendis: "I'll stay here and protect the way out. Keep watch in case the guards catch up with us. The rest of you need to keep moving."
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "Thank you, Gwendis. At least you retain and sense of honor."
- Baroness Leila Montclair: "Wylon, you have to stop blaming Verandis. This wasn't his fault."
Gwendis shows up at the top of the Doomcrag and whisks Count Ravenwatch away from an enraged Baron Montclair:
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "You'll pay for that, vampire! I have the power now. Nothing can stop me from reaching out and snapping ...."
- Gwendis: "Verandis? Montclair, no! Come on, Verandis, we need to get out of here!"
After the dream-walk, you can talk to the real Gwendis again:
- "You're so lucky! Verandis never me go on dream-walks with him."
Northpoint in Peril
She appears out of thin air in the Montclair Officer's Quarters near Northpoint, after you find Darien and his sleeping companion.
- Gwendis: "My, my, Sir Darien. That was impressive! But when it comes to smuggler's tunnels, I think there's a thing or two I can teach you!"
- Darien Gautier: "I'm not sure how to respond to that. Why don't you find out what our vampire vixen is talking about?"
Speaking to her, she admits:
- "I must say, Darien certainly has a way with the ladies. That's not how I'd go about extracting information from the enemy, but I can't fault his results. The old smuggler's tunnel should lead into the city - if we can get through it."
- What do you mean?
- "Well, the smugglers who use the tunnels installed a gate. Gives them a monopoly on the black market in Northpoint. The tunnel will get us into the city - if we can get past the locked gate."
- Any idea where we can find a key?
- "The smuggler boss is a tough pirate. Goes by the name of Lagra. If anyone has a key, it's her. But the Montclairs attack any boats that approach the city.
There are wrecks up and down the coast. If Lagra's still alive, that's where we'll find her."
After getting the key from Lagra, she is waiting for you on the coast.
- Gwendis: "Over here! By the rocks! Come on, I'll take you to where the others are waiting."
She leads you to where Darien, Skordo, the Countess, and the Baron are waiting.
- Gwendis: "Tell us you've found something, hero. We could use some good news."
- Baron Alard Dorell: "I'm not interested in news. Just tell me you found a way to get us into those tunnels."
- "Tell me you found something good, hero. It's not like the fate of Rivenspire is hanging in the balance or anything."
- I've got the key to the tunnel. It's in the cave beneath the lighthouse.
- "Right, then! Let's go see what Lleraya's doing in there. But brace yourself. I don't think we're going to like what we find."
- What do you mean?
- "Northpoint... it just feels... empty. I sense life in there, but it's faint. Barely perceptible. We need to be ready for anything."
- Then let's head inside.
- "His lordship, the Baron over there, wants us to head inside, see what's going on, and secure the area. He wants us to be slow and careful so as not to damage his precious city. Great job getting that key, by the way. Now let's go save Northpoint."
The quest is concluded and you receive House Dorrel Greaves.
- Gwendis: "I need to let Verandis know what's going on. In the meantime, talk to Skordo. He knows the city like the back of his hand."
The Liberation of Northpoint
You meet her again at Chirane Manor, talking with the other members of your team.
- Skordo: "Lleraya has been here all along? And your son didn't do a damn thing about it?"
- Baron Dorell: "According to Ellic's journal, yes. He seems to have been infatuated with the woman. Didn't even get alarmed when she's started turning people into bloodfiends."
- Skordo: "More bloodfiends? I hate this. Just give me something to hit already! But it does sound like your son betrayed Northpoint, Baron."
- Gwendis: "It's the Remnant. It put Ellic under her spell. I'm surprised he was even able to write in his journal. Maybe that was his way of warning us..."
Puzzle of the Pass
Before entering the Doomcrag:
- "I worry about Verandis. I know I shouldn't. He's brilliant and strong. But this whole thing with Montclair and the death of Lleraya. It has him all torn up inside."
- "I never really thought this day would come. But it is what Verandis has been training me for.
I guess we're really going in there. Into the Doomcrag. It's a bit scary, but I'm with Verandis to the end."
- Are you sure you're ready for this?
- "I've seen the pain Verandis has suffered because of this place. It tortures him.
Verandis has always been there for me. Always. I'll do anything for him. If that means invading the Doomcrag, then so be it."
- You care for Verandis, don't you?
- "Probably more than he'll ever know.
But that's beside the point. We need to end this and make things right. Even if we have to die to accomplish that."
The Lightless Remnant
You can find Gwendis speaking with the Count:
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "You must do exactly as I taught you. The power of the Remnant will call to you, tempt you. You must be strong enough to withstand that lure."
- Gwendis: "I'm ready for this. You know that. Stop treating me like I'm a novice, Verandis."
- Gwendis: "I won't fail you. I won't let you down."
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "You have never disappointed me, Gwendis. But the Remnant is more powerful than you can imagine. Be on your guard. Now head inside. I'll join you in a moment."
Verandis stops during your climb.
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "This is where it happened. Where Leila died and Montclair... changed."
- Gwendis: "Where are Montclair's forces? I thought for sure we'd have to fight a horde of bloodfiends to make it through this place."
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "Montclair is a strategist. He's waiting for us to make a mistake that he can take advantage of. I fear that mistake is about to be made."
missing a few lines Suddenly, the cursed Baron appears.
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "My wife... my daughter... you've taken everything I've ever loved, Verandis!"
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "Wylon, I'm sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen."
- Baron Wylon Montclair: "My daughter loved you, Verandis. She loved you!"
- Gwendis: "The Remnant... the power. It drove Lleraya insane! Are those giant skeletons?"
You will be forced to fight a bone colossus. missing a few lines Baron Montclair takes Gwendis and the nobles higher up, and Verandis tells you to climb for a bit without him. Soon enough, Verandis rejoins you and you find Gwendis:
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "incomplete linethat Gwendis is nearby."
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "Gwendis? What has he done to you?"
- Gwendis: "Verandis... help. Please, help me. Their blood... smells so good! These restraints. They won't hold me back much longer."
- Count Verandis Ravenwatch: "Try to restrain yourself, Gwendis. We'll find a way to get you out of there."
Speaking with Gwendis before speaking with Darien after Verandis sacrifices himself to save Rivenspire:
- "What happened? Where's Verandis?"
After talking to Darien:
- "He's really gone, isn't he? The mighty Verandis?
I hate this! I really hate it!"
- He sacrificed himself to save us all.
- "Sacrificed? Like in dead?
What do you mean he sacrificed himself?"
- He took the Lightless Remnant to Coldharbour. It was the only way.
- "No! Why'd you let him do that? Do you know how hard he worked to distance himself from the Prince? If Verandis is still alive, the Prince won't give him up easily.
But why did he leave me here? I would have... I should have gone with him."
- Verandis wouldn't have wanted that./Verandis wouldn't have wanted you to sacrifice yourself, too.
- "How do you know what he wanted? He was everything to me!
Why didn't he tell me what he was planning? Why didn't he let me help him?"
- He did what he set out to do. He saved Rivenspire.
- "Saved us? It doesn't feel like I was saved.
But Verandis always carried a great weight on his shoulders. Maybe that's been lifted from him now. I can only hope, right?"
- It's time to go, Gwendis.
- "Before we go, take this. Verandis gave it to me, but I can't keep it. You helped him so much. You should have it.
You helped the man I cared about... the man I loved. And you were with him to the end. This belongs to you."
The Crown of Shornhelm
- "I need a little time to say my farewells. Don't worry about me. I won't do anything stupid. I promise.
But you need to get back to Shornhelm. Without Verandis there, they're going to need your help to figure out what happens next."
- What do you mean?
- "I'll find my way. Verandis taught me well. And Adusa's back at the manor. She'll keep me company. Things will be alright. It'll just take time.
Now go. Get out of here and go help the High King choose a ruler for Rivenspire."
- I'm on my way to Shornhelm.