The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
This is an attempt to list all of the families in Skyrim in tree form.
- Only relationships of at least "courting" variety will be listed. Friends and business acquaintances are too numerous and would make this page extremely complicated.
- Dotted lines represent courting or "secret" relationships, or possibly in-laws in some cases. Solid lines represent marriages and blood relations.
- Family clusters with only two members are omitted - there's far too many of them.
- This represents data as set up in the Creation Kit, with other sources added in a few cases. This does not always reflect the information seen in dialog and other places in the game. Where there are known discrepancies, notes will be given.
- The families are in no particular order, though they may be sorted somehow later.
- No indication is given that Iddra is the mother of Kjeld the Younger, though it may be implied.
Chief Mauhulakh's Clan
- It's possible that Thadgeir is intended to be Siddgeir's father, but it's not set up this way, implying that there was another unknown sibling.
- Faida's secret affair seems to have been changed in dialog to be with Gaius Maro, though the relationship in the Creation Kit is still set up to be with Tasius Tragus.
- Clinton Lylvieve is mistakenly set to be Azzada's father rather than his son.
Chief Larak's Clan
- Sharamph is listed in the Creation Kit as the grandmother-in-law both for Larak and his two wives, and as great-grandmother for his two children. Some dialog identifies her as Larak's mother (not his wives' mother), which would make her only grandmother to the Borgakh and Olur. Additionally, Bagrak is identified in dialog as Larak's sister, not his wife. This makes Borgakh's parentage somewhat questionable.
- According to the Creation Kit, Olda is married to Lodvar, not Horgeir. There are rumors in town that she is having an affair, though they doesn't specify who with. This might be a clue as to what's actually going on.
- Argi Farseer is not actually seen in the game.
- Alva is a vampire, who turned Laelette and enthralled Hroggar, connecting these two families, with tragic results.
- Thonar and Lisbet's secret affair is set up in the Creation Kit, but so far no evidence for it has been found in the game.
Chief Burguk's Clan
- Burguk refers to Murbul as his mother, and Ghorbash is referred to as his brother, but in the Creation Kit, Murbul set up as his grandmother, through an unidentified other person. (Ghorbash is Murbul's son, but Burguk's uncle.)
- Lash's father and Lurbuk's mother are not listed. If Lash's father is someone other than Burguk, it could explain why she's been disowned. As for Lurbuk, the Creation Kit offers the only clue that he's related to this family at all, as it's not mentioned in dialog anywhere.
Laila Law-Giver's Family
- There is no indication that Unmid is related to any of the other Snow-Shods except for Nura. Presumably he is Vulwulf's son as well as Asgeir's and Lilija's brother, but this is not set up in the Creation Kit.
- Vittoria Vici is the first cousin of the Emperor, but it is not known which grandparent they share, so while the name of Titus Mede II's father is known, it is not clear whether he is related to Vittoria or not.
- There are two arrangements for the Black-Briar family. The dialogue conflicts on whether Maven is the mother of all three or only of Hemming, and Hemming is alternately the brother or father of Ingun and Sibbi. The chart listed here represents how things are set up in the Creation Kit, but does not agree with all of the dialog.
- Froki says that he is Haming's grandfather, but does not specify whether it is on his father's or his mother's side. None of these relationships are set up in the Creation Kit, so the dialogue is the only information available.
- Balgruuf's children are not set up properly - Nelkir is listed as his brother, and Dagny and Frothar have no relationships set up at all. Also, it's not clear whether Hrongar is his actual brother or just a close friend, though he is set up to be an actual brother.
Clans Battle-Born and Gray-Mane
- These are listed together because of the secret courtship between two of the members.
- The Battle-Born family is not set up properly. Bergritte and Olfrid are set up as the parents of Idolaf, rather than his in-laws, and Idolaf is set up as Jon's father instead of his brother. Also, Lars has Alfhild set to be his mother, but Idolaf is not listed as his father.
- Hod is perhaps mistakenly set up as Ralof's uncle, rather than his brother-in-law. Since Ralof is listed as Gerdur's brother and Frodnar's uncle, there is more evidence to support this arrangement.
- The only evidence of this love triangle in the game is the bitter rivalry between Faralda and Nirya.
- The public story is that Vendil and Tilisu are married and Mirri is their daughter, but as they're set up in the Creation Kit (and as is partially revealed during the game), Mirri is actually Vendil's lover, and Tilisu is merely an associate of both of them.