|Home Town||Dragon Bridge|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionHaafingar; DragonBridgeHorgeirHouse; JobLumberjackFaction; TownDragonBridgeFaction|
Olda is a Nord lumberjack living in Dragon Bridge with her husband, Horgeir, who runs the local lumber mill. She claims Horgeir is an alcoholic and "drinks away all his money", leaving them "penniless". She is also vocally against the increased Imperial military presence in Dragon Bridge, fearing that they will confiscate the mill "in the name of their war effort".
If you speak with Faida at the Four Shields Tavern, she'll comment on Horgeir and Olda's relationship: "Poor Horgeir. Everyone in town knows about his wife's affair but him. Probably better if he doesn't know." Indeed, according to Clinton Lylvieve, Olda is much more interested in her brother-in-law Lodvar than she is in Horgeir.
Olda wears randomly determined farm clothes (7 variations) or a belted tunic with a pair of boots (4 variations). She also has a 50% chance to wear a hat (3 variations). She is equipped with an iron dagger and carries a key to her husband's house.
When approached, she will either brush you off or complain about her husband:
- "You going to try and sell me something? Well, I ain't interested."
- "Have you met my husband? Well don't bother, he's a drunk."
- "Where is that lazy man?"
- "Did my worthless husband send you?"
- "Got nothing to say to strange folk."
If you choose to speak with her, you can ask her some questions about her life in Dragon Bridge:
- Does the presence of the guards here bother you?
- "No, I openly welcome the presence of armed strangers who have no reason to care about any of us. Of course it bothers me! I'm sure it's only a matter of time until they seize our mill in the name of their war effort. Next thing you know, there'll be more guards, and then we'll lose our homes as well. This is just the start of it, mark my words."
- Does your family own the lumber mill?
- "My husband owns it, barely. He'll lose it soon enough. He's behind on his loan payments, but he drinks all his money away just the same. Now we're deep in debt, penniless and about to lose our sole source of income."
Dragon's Breath Mead
After you have learned of her husband's drinking problem, you may choose to help her address it:
- Your husband drinking too much?
- "He promised me, swore on his ancestors, that he'd give up the mead. And what do I find out? He's been stashing drink in a cave nearby. He even has some wolves guarding it. I swear, I should just cut out his tongue. That would be the end of it."
- Tough luck.
- "It's not luck, it's mead I'm cursing."
- I could get your husband's stash for you.
- "If you want to try, but I'll keep my dagger sharpened just in case. You can help yourself to any drink you find, but bring me the bottle of Dragon's Breath Mead. It's his favorite, so I know he has one there."
Once you retrieved the mead and delivered it to her, Olda will thank you:
- I have the Dragon's Breath Mead.
- "Stendarr's Mercy to you. If my Horgeir doesn't give up the mead this time, I'll hit him over the head with it. Here, for your trouble."
After you give the mead to her, her disposition towards you will increase, and she will reward you with a leveled amount of gold. However, if you choose to hand the mead over to Horgeir, her disposition will decrease.
You may overhear Olda conversing with either Horgeir or Lodvar, one of whom she clearly likes more than the other:
Olda: "Faida came by today. She says you left the tavern last night without paying for your drinks."
Horgeir: "I must have forgotten. I'll take care of it tomorrow."
Olda: "See that you do. You're an embarrassment, Horgeir. I don't know why I married you."
Lodvar: "I'm thinking of going for a walk up the mountain later. Would you like to come?"
Olda: "Oh, that sounds nice. Yes, I think I'll join you."
Lodvar: "I'll bring a blanket and some wine."
- There is a chance that she will be wearing no clothes at all except for boots and the standard Skyrim underwear.