|Gold||750 (+1000 Master Trader)|
|Sells||See Standard Merchandise|
|Primary Skills||Destruction, Sneak|
|Faction(s)||Aval Atheron Services; CrimeFactionEastmarch; TownWindhelmFaction; WindhelmAtheronFamilyFaction; WindhelmCornerclubPatrons|
Aval Atheron is a Dunmer pawnbroker and street vendor in Windhelm. He is the only one in the Atheron family who owns a business; his brother Faryl works for a local Nord farmer and his sister Suvaris works for Torbjorn Shatter-Shield at the Clan Shatter-Shield Office. Aval shares a house in the Gray Quarter of Windhelm with his siblings.
His day starts with breakfast at his family's residence at 7am. He finishes his meal in an hour and heads toward his stall at the market in the Stone Quarter. At 7pm Aval leaves his workplace and goes to the New Gnisis Cornerclub, there, he will spend the next five hours lounging outside of the cornerclub before heading home at midnight for a night's rest.
Aval wears a set of merchant clothes, a pair of boots, and a hat. He is equipped with an iron dagger, and carries a key to his family's house, as well as a selection of common loot and gold. Aval's brother Faryl will tell you that Aval sees the fact that his siblings work for Nords as an embarrassment
When visited at the market Aval demonstrates a cheerful and a confident attitude.
- "Assorted fruits and vegetables, all delicious and affordable!"
- "Come and browse my fine selection! Everything's fresh and delicious!"
- "I've a little of everything for sale, come and see for yourself!"
You can ask him about where he gets his goods.
- Where do you get your goods?
- "Wherever I can find them. If you're the type who worries over where something came from, you may want to move on."
Aval's normal greetings are just as confident and he will often mix his work and his beliefs in these greetings:
- "You need anything, come see me. I'm as resourceful as I am discreet."
- "I have a lot of respect for Ambarys Rendar, but his views are a little extreme."
- "You look like someone who appreciates nice things."
When exiting conversation, Aval may either act friendly, saying:
- "Take care, friend."
Otherwise, he advertise his friend Revyn's business, but only if he himself isn't working.
- "Be sure to stop by Sadri's Used Wares in the Gray Quarter."
As much as any Dark Elf, Aval despises the Gray Quarter. If asked about living there, he confirms that he does.
- You live in the Gray Quarter?
- "I'm a Dark Elf and I live in Windhelm, so yes, I live in the Gray Quarter.
You must be new around here, or you'd know they don't let my kind live anywhere outside that slum."
- Have things changed much with the Empire in charge?
- "Well, not yet. The Empire hasn't been in charge for that long, and real change takes time.
Still, having a just and honorable man like Brunwulf in charge can only be an improvement.
Unlike Ulfric, Brunwulf has shown a great willingness to work with the other races and make us feel more at home here.
For the first time in a long while, I truly believe that there are brighter days ahead."
As a vendor located at Windhelm's busy marketplace, Aval will often engage in conversations with other residents. In one such conversation he talks with his respected friend Brunwulf Free-Winter, whom he offers a discount:
- Aval Atheron: "Friend Brunwulf, how good to see you! If you see anything you like, just let me know and I'll glad offer you a discount."
- Brunwulf Free-Winter: "That's not necessary. I'll pay the same price as anyone else."
- Aval Atheron: "But I insist. and with good reason. Malthyr told me that you've been speaking to Ulfric about our situation. He said you're going to help us. So few Nords have ever offered to help us, a discount is the least I can do."
- Brunwulf Free-Winter: "I'm not looking for special treatment, Aval. All I did was talk to Ulfric. For all I know, he's already forgotten the conversation. I wouldn't get your hopes up."
- Aval Atheron: "Oh, I see. Well, I'm sorry to have troubled you about it. Just... know that your efforts are appreciated."
In another conversation, Tova Shatter-Shield will try and sell some items of her deceased daughter:
- Tova Shatter-Shield: "I understand you purchase used goods, as well as sell them?"
- Aval Atheron: "Yes, that's right. Whether or not I'm interested depends on what you've got, of course."
- Tova Shatter-Shield: "I have some things that belonged to my daughter, Friga. She... she won't be needing them any more."
- Aval Atheron: "Oh, I see. Yes, yes of course I'll take a look. Just bring them by whenever it's convenient for you."
Torsten Cruel-Sea may also approach him to ask about the progress he's made acquiring pitchforks:
- Torsten Cruel-Sea: "Did you have any luck tracking some more pitchforks?"
- Aval Atheron: "Revyn put the word out to his suppliers but with the war on, tools are scarce. Both sides have been snapping them up."
- Torsten Cruel-Sea: "Tell him I'll pay double the normal price. We've been getting by with one broken pitchfork, but it's falling apart."
- Aval Atheron: "I'll be sure to stress your urgency. It seems like every farmer in Skyrim is short on supplies these days."
This is the merchandise found in Aval's merchant chest. These items are only available if purchased from the merchant; they cannot be pickpocketed or stolen. They are restocked every two days.
|~1||Leveled Jewelry (unenchanted) or Amulet of the Divines||Max 2 (2@25%)|
|~4||Leveled Animal Parts||Max 5 (5@75%)|
|~1||Leveled Gems||Max 2 (2@25%)|
|~3||Leveled Enchanted Jewelry||Max 4 (4@75%)|
|~1||Leveled Ingots||Best-quality; Max 5 (5@25%)|
|~3||Leveled Ores/Charcoal||Max 5 (5@50%)|
|~8||Leveled Potions||Max 15 (15@50%)|
|~4||Leveled Soul Gems (empty and full)||Max 5 (5@75%)|
|~6||Lockpicks||Max 8 (7@75% + 1@100%)|
|~11||Low-level Armor (unenchanted)||Max 15 (15@75%)|
|~15||Low-level Arrows (batches of 10)||Max 20 (20@75%)|
|~5||Low-level Weapons (unenchanted)||Max 7 (7@75%)|
|1||Potion of Cure Disease|
|~3||Random Novice Spell Tomes||Max 5 (5@50%)|
|~5||Torches||Best-quality; Max 10 (10@50%)|
|~4||Miscellaneous Items (clutter)||Max 5 (5@75%)|
- You cannot buy any of the items on display at his stall.
- This issue has been addressed by version 2.0.7 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; he will sell and buy the items on display at his stand.
- If Revyn Sadri dies, Aval technically becomes owner of Sadri's Used Wares. However, he never takes over running the store; he never enters the store and does not own the store's merchant chest.
Mod Notes: Aval is added to the
WindhelmPawnshopOwnerFactionbut not the
Revyn Sadri Servicesfaction that would be necessary for him to own the store's merchant chest. He would also need to have a package added to his schedule making him enter the store. However, it's not clear what would then happen to his stall in his marketplace -- and as a result the developers may have chosen to not fully implement him as the backup PawnshopOwner (but then why not just remove the backup alias?)
- This issue has been addressed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; Idesa Sadri has been tasked with the backup job instead.