Why the name?
Well, I'm known as just Lurlock in dozens of online forums, and this is the first one I've been to where the name was already taken. (Google "Lurlock", and pretty much every hit you get is me. Not that I'm inviting people to stalk me or anything...) Since I haven't seen Lurlock active here since I started editting, there's a good chance that it's actually me, a couple of years ago and I just forgot. But I tried my usual logins, and they don't work, so I don't know.
Well, jumpin' juniper beans, it IS me. (Was an unusual variation of my password, and an e-mail address I don't use anymore.) And here I thought somebody up and stole my name. So... Now I've got two accounts on here by accident. Anybody know how I can go about merging them?
- Shopkeep: It's a fine day with you around!
- Me: <Attempting to talk to shopkeep, accidentally picks up candlestick on counter between us.>
- Shopkeep: Thief! I'll kill you where you stand!
- Karliah: Nobody has set foot in these ruins for hundreds of years!
- Me: Hey look! A sack full of tomatoes. I'm sure these are perfectly fresh and safe to eat!
- Sergius Turrianus: I need you to pick up an amulet from a customer who wants it enchanted.
- Me: Sure, great, who's the client this time?
- Sergius: It's a woman named Lydia in Whiterun.
- Me: ... Um, wait, you mean the Lydia of Whiterun? As in, my housecarl, follower and wife? Yeah, she's right behind me. How lazy are you?
- Lydia: <Waves> Hi...
- Sergius: Thank you. You've done the College a great service.
- Me: Umm, hey, the missus was just curious if you'd made any progress enchanting that amulet yet...
- Sergius: I have no idea what you're talking about.
- Lydia: <Gets that weepy-eye look>
- Me: Don't worry honey, I'll enchant you a new amulet. Heck, I can mine the gold and make it from scratch faster than this guy...
Good Grief, What Have I DONE?!
Ah, let's face it, I've done so much stuff there's simply no room to fit it all. Maybe some day I'll try and catalog it all, but I've got better things to do...
- My Sandbox — List of Oblivion NPCs by race
- My Sandbox, the Sequel — Oblivion Creatures layout
- Son of My Sandbox — List of Morrowind locations
- My Sandbox, the Final Showdown — Tribunal items list
- My Sandbox, the Resurrection — Huge grid-map of Morrowind
- My Sandbox vs. Jason — List of Morrowind dialogue topics
- Live Free or My Sandbox — Sample layout for book pages
- Number 8 in the Increasingly-Innaccurately-Named My Sandbox Trilogy — Layout proposal for Morrowind Trainers
- My Sandbox, Back in Action — List of Morrowind stores, inns, taverns, temples, and guildhalls
- Sandbox X, Rise of My Sandbox — List of Morrowind homes
- My Sandbox's Eleven — List of Dunmer by family names
- The Twelve Days of My Sandbox — All alchemy ingredients in all games
- Friday the My Sandboxth — Locations and other info about Tamriel Rebuilt
- My Sandbox, the New Class — Minerals and precious stones
- My Sandbox's Quinceañera — Skyrim Clothing layout
- Sixteen Sandboxes on a Dead Man's Chest — Skyrim Family Trees
- When I Was Seventeen Sandboxes — Proposed colored map icons for Skyrim
- I swear she said she was Eighteen Sandboxes — Incomplete list of ESO NPCs by city
- Atomic Number of Potassium Sandboxes — List of items every ESO character carries that don't appear in your inventory
- Matchbox 20 Sandboxes — ESO Skill progression trees
- Blackjack Sandboxes — Plans for a Necromancer class - largely made obsolete by the Warden
- 22 Caliber Sandboxes — Icon Galleries for easier searching
- The Number 23 Sandboxes — ESO Containers master list
And what else am I responsible for?
Well, I made a bunch of utility Morrowind mods you may have heard of. They've all got my name as part of the title, so they're easy to recognize. Improved Followers was the most popular, but I got good comments on my (functional) Pool Table, Key Namer, Scroll Icons, Left Gloves, Morag Tong Writ Fix, and Arrow Damage Display mods. And for a while I was working on the house-mod to end all house-mods, Packrat's Haven. Proved to be far too much tedious work after all the fun stuff was done. I'm willing to give the project to someone else if anyone still mods for Morrowind. It's about 75% complete, just lots of boring repetitive script and dialogue work to be done. (Alchemy sorters, soul-gem sorters, stuff like that.)
Any other things to show off?
Well, I've just started four paragraphs with the word "Well"... Actually, yes, as a matter of fact, I'm writing my own RPG. Warning, shameless plug follows. I'm planning on making a huge RPG some time in my lifetime, (maybe 10 years from now or so, but I'm starting work on it early.) I've got my own forum for people who want to contribute while it's still in the conceptual stage. It's not quite ready to go public, but I'll slip a link in here anyhow, for the curious. The site is currently offline, as the project is on hold. I'll post an announcement if and when I get it started again.