The western highlands of Vvardenfell are called the West Gash. The region is one of Vvardenfell's largest contiguous areas, stretching from just south of Balmora, the district seat of House Hlaalu, to as far north as Khuul and the shores of the Sea of Ghosts. The West Gash lies between two mountain ranges, west of the Ashlands and east of the Bitter Coast. The terrain of the West Gash is generally rocky scrubland in the south, marked by unique, natural rock bridges inland in the south and on the coast, with sparse forest in the northern area. Major settlements in the West Gash include the fishing villages Ald Velothi and Khuul, the trading village Gnisis, Balmora and Caldera. The Caldera Mining Company has been granted an Imperial monopoly to remove Raw Ebony from the rich deposits here. Caldera has the appearance and flavor of a Western Imperial town, but a Hlaalu Governor. The Imperial Legion garrisons of Fort Moonmoth and Fort Darius round out the Imperial presence. The Gash is mainly under House Redoran control, Athyn Sarethi is the Lord of South Gash, Hlaren Ramoran, Lord of West Gash and Miner Arobar is the Lord of North Gash. Caldera is a new Imperial charter, and the exploration of the Caldera Mine by House Hlaalu is a thorn in the eye of the Redorans. Ash Storms sometimes bring blighted creatures to the region and are a threat to pilgrims and trade caravans alike. The West Gash is dotted with Daedric Shrines, which, although in ruins, attract their share of Orcish worshippers.
- 1 Cities and Settlements
- 2 Related Quests
- 3 People
Cities and Settlements
A list of places found in the West Gash region, Vvardenfell.
- Balmora — A large town in the West Gash, and Hlaalu council seat.
- Ald Velothi — A tiny Redoran outpost north of Gnisis.
- Caldera — A small Imperial mining town in the West Gash.
- Gnisis — A small Imperial eggmine town with a notable bazaar and a cranky Telvanni wizard.
- Khuul — A small fishing village and Redoran trading post on Vvardenfell's northwest shore.
- Moonmoth Legion Fort — An Imperial Legion Fort located near Balmora.
- Fort Darius — A small Imperial eggmine town with a notable bazaar and a cranky Telvanni wizard.
- Aidanat Camp — A small Ashlander camp just south of Ald Velothi.
- Mila-Nipal — A simple yurt northeast of the Daedric shrine Dushariran and east of Salothan Ancestral Tomb.
- Shashmanu Camp — A desolate camp east of Ald Velothi and south of Khuul.
- Alen Ancestral Tomb — A hideout for some vampires, located in the West Gash mountains southeast of Khuul.
- Falas Ancestral Tomb — A small, Daedra-occupied tomb just south of Gnisis.
- Ginith Ancestral Tomb — A hideout for a vampire named Irarak and his servants in the West Gash, northwest of Gnisis.
- Heleran Ancestral Tomb — A very small tomb hidden in the basement of a house in Caldera.
- Hleran Ancestral Tomb — A hideout for some vampires to the west of Ald'ruhn.
- Indalen Ancestral Tomb — A medium-sized tomb northeast of Caldera.
- Llervu Ancestral Tomb — A very small tomb located between Ald Velothi and Gnisis in the West Gash.
- Randas Ancestral Tomb — A medium-sized, daedra-occupied tomb southwest of Bal Isra in the West Gash.
- Reloth Ancestral Tomb — A large tomb southeast of Khuul and west of Maar Gan in the West Gash.
- Rethandus Ancestral Tomb — A large tomb between Gnisis and Khuul in the West Gash.
- Salothan Ancestral Tomb — A small, Daedra-occupied tomb east-southeast of Gnisis and east-northeast of Berandas in the West Gash region.
- Salothran Ancestral Tomb — A medium-sized tomb located halfway between Andasreth and Bal Isra in the West Gash region.
- Seran Ancestral Tomb — A quite small generic tomb within the borders of Khuul in the West Gash, due southwest of the silt strider.
- Telvayn Ancestral Tomb — A mid-sized tomb serving as a bandit hideout northeast of Gnaar Mok and east of Andasreth in the West Gash.
- Tharys Ancestral Tomb — A small tomb just southwest of Balmora in the West Gash.
- Uveran Ancestral Tomb — A mid-sized tomb just south of the Caldera Mine and north of Balmora in the West Gash.
- Veloth Ancestral Tomb — A mid-sized Daedra-occupied tomb just southeast of Berandas in the West Gash.
- Ashanammu — A cave near the Caldera Mine.
- Ashinabi — A smuggler's cave on a peninsula west of Gnisis.
- Ashir-Dan — A small smugglers' cave to the east of Khuul.
- Assarnud — A cave just to the east of Gnisis.
- Ilunibi — Located near Khartag Point, on a small island north of Gnaar Mok.
- Kudanat — A small slaver hideout, west of Caldera, past the entrance to the Caldera Mine.
- Mamaea — A large Sixth House cave high on a hill west of Dushariran, in the West Gash region.
- Mat — A cave just north over the hills from Gnisis.
- Milk — A cave west of the northernmost point of Ald'ruhn and south of Bal Isra.
- Palansour — A cave in West Gash containing daedra and a sad sorcerer.
- Shushishi — A bandit cave over the hills to the east of Caldera.
- Subdun — A medium-sized Sixth House cave located on a small island just south across the sea from the Koal Cave.
- Yesamsi — A small Necromancer's cave east of Ald Velothi.
- Ashalmawia — A shrine to Molag Bal just east of Ald Velothi and south-southwest of Khuul.
- Dushariran — A shrine to Malacath on the West Gash road east of the fortress of Berandas.
- Maelkashishi — A shrine to Sheogorath to the west of Maar Gan.
- Yasammidan — A shrine to Mehrunes Dagon far west of Ald Velothi.
- Andasreth — A stronghold in a pocket desert of the West Gash region.
- Berandas — A Dunmer stronghold with an extensive cave system.
- Arkngthunch-Sturdumz — A small Dwemer ruin located to the west along the northern coast from Ald Velothi.
- Bethamez — A Dwemer ruin located within the Gnisis Eggmine, accessible from the Lower Eggmine area.
Bodies of Water
- River Samsi — A large waterway in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell.
- Drulene Falen's Hut — A hut found west of Ald'ruhn and east of Andasreth.
- Sjorvar Horse-Mouth's House — An isolated hut in the West Gash east of Ilunibi.
Inns and Taverns
- Abaelun Mine — The only working diamond mine in Vvardenfell, located just over the hills northeast of Caldera.
- Asha-Ahhe Egg Mine — One of Khuul's two nearby egg mines, located to the south, and is the hideout of the witch Thelsa Dral.
- Ashimanu Egg Mine — Located in the middle of nowhere between Ald'ruhn, Andasreth, and Gnisis.
- Caldera Mine — An ebony mine just over the mountains west of Caldera.
- Eluba-Addon Egg Mine — A small, blighted egg mine west and south from Ald Velothi, on the coast, just south-southeast of the Yasammidan Daedric Shrine.
- Gnisis Eggmine — A three-level kwama egg mine situated in the town of Gnisis.
- Panud Egg Mine — Located southeast of Khuul.
- Sarimisun-Assa Egg Mine — A blighted medium-sized egg mine just north of the Andasreth Stronghold.
- Fair Helas — A ship that can be found at the docks of Ald Velothi, northwest of the town.
- Omenwedur — A small open vessel at the docks of Khuul.
- Forgotten Shipwreck — A sunken vessel a little way west from Ald Velothi, containing a couple of small chests of gold and gems.
- Unmarked Shipwreck — A vessel that sank a short distance off the northwest corner of Morrowind's mainland, near the half-flooded Daedric shrine of Yasammidan.
- Governor's Hall — The residence of Odral Helvi, located on a hill overlooking Caldera.
- Khartag Point — Located northwest of Gnaar Mok, and east of the Neglected Shipwreck.
- Kill Banden Indarys: Kill this Lord in his manor between Maar Gan and Ald'ruhn.
- Ashimanu Mine: Kill an infected shalk in this egg mine.
- Escort to Koal Cave: Escort Tuveso's son on his pilgrimage to Koal Cave south of Gnisis.
- Find Beden Giladren: Find another pilgrim who disappeared on his way to Maar Gan.
- Find Fedris Tharen: Find this pilgrim who disappeared on his way to the Koal Cave shrine.
- Find Mathis Dalobar: Find this missing trader around Ald'ruhn.
- Kagouti Den: Kill an annoying Kagouti in the vicinity of the Ashimanu Egg Mine.
- Kill Gordol: Kill this Daedra worshipper in the shrine of Ashalmawia.
- Stronghold: Build your House stronghold, Indarys Manor, in three phases.
- The Mad Lord of Milk: Calm an enraged inhabitant of Milk.
- Dwemer Tube from Arkngthunch-Sturdumz: Acquire a rare Dwemer Tube from Arkngthunch-Sturdumz.
- Boots of the Apostle: Find these legendary boots in the stronghold of Berandas, south of Gnisis.
- Compassion: Cure a mortal enemy of Blight to learn of compassion.
- Ring of Sanguine Sublime Wisdom: Recover this ring from the shrine of Yasammidan, northwest of Gnisis.
- Writ for Larrius Varro: Execute Larrius Varro in the Moonmoth Legion Fort.
- Blood for Mistress Dratha: Steal a potion of Quarra blood for Mouth Raven Omayn in Sadrith Mora.
- The Blood of the Quarra: Retrieve a potion of Quarra blood from their headquarters.
- The Cult of Lord Irarak: Kill this vampire in the Ginith Ancestral Tomb who thinks himself a god.
- Aeta Wave-Breaker's Jewels: Retrieve two family heirlooms stolen by a Khajiit and his band of thieves.
- Favors for Orcs: Help deliver some notes in exchange for a "useless" rock.
- Hannat Zainsubani: Rescue this explorer from the Sixth House base of Mamaea.
- Kidnapped by Cultists: Save a poor Redguard woman from uncertain fate and reunite her with her husband.
- Pemenie and the Boots of Blinding Speed: Escort this shady trader to Gnaar Mok in exchange for her flawed, but still very useful boots.
- Recovering Cloudcleaver: Help mediate a dispute between a naked Barbarian and a witch who tried to teach him a lesson.
- The Corpse and the Skooma Pipe: Discover the body of Ernil Omoran north of Balmora.
- The Lady's Ring: Find this "poor" girl's ring which fell into the pond.
- The Man Who Spoke to Slaughterfish: Escort this delirious Legionary to the Gnisis temple for healing.
- The Paralyzed Barbarian: Rescue this naked Barbarian from his cruel punishment at the hands of a mysterious witch.
- The Sad Sorcerer: Find out what happened in this cave.
- The Shirt of His Back: Take a vow to deliver these shirts to Ald'ruhn.
- The Weapon Delivery: Bring a delivery of weapons to Ald'ruhn for this lost trader.
|Din||Redguard||Master-at-Arms||Imperial Legion (Spearman)||6||109||90||0||30||[-12,13]|
|Ernil Omoran||Dunmer||Smuggler||5||0||88||0||30||[-2,-1]||Already Dead|
|Lucan Ostorius||Imperial||Thief||Thieves Guild (Blackcap)||10||86||108||0||30||[-7,9]|
|Sason||Redguard||Commoner||House Redoran (Retainer)||5||80||72||0||30||[-8,15]|
|Shinammu Radansour||Dunmer||Wise Woman||5||50||88||0||90||[-8,13]|
|Sjorvar Horse-Mouth||Nord||Master-at-Arms||Blades (Apprentice)||9||115||72||0||30||[-5,4]||Trainer|
|Viciously clawed dead smuggler||Nord||Thief||1||0||60||0||30||[-10,13]|